Translation in our modern times

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
onefour1
captain of 1,000

Translation in our modern times

Post by onefour1 »

Question: Is there any known instance of translation (as in Hebrews 11:5) in modern times?

onefour1
captain of 1,000

Re: Translation in our modern times

Post by onefour1 »

The reason I asked this question is because, in the days of Jesus Christ after giving a list of prophesies going all the way up to his second coming, Jesus then stated:

Matthew 24:34
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

The generation that then were alive during those days did not all pass away because John the Beloved and Revelator was translated and is still alive today. Maybe others as well.

Matthew 16:27-28
27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

and then in John we read of John's life being prolonged:

John 21:20-23
20 Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee?

21 Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do?

22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.

23 Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?

Because of these verses it is my understanding that John remained alive until Christ shall come again and possibly others. Thus, that generation did not pass away and will not until all that Jesus prophesied would be fulfilled.

In the Doctrine and Covenants we have a similar prophesy:

Doctrine and Covenants 84:1-5
1 A revelation of Jesus Christ unto his servant Joseph Smith, Jun., and six elders, as they united their hearts and lifted their voices on high.

2 Yea, the word of the Lord concerning his church, established in the last days for the restoration of his people, as he has spoken by the mouth of his prophets, and for the gathering of his saints to stand upon Mount Zion, which shall be the city of New Jerusalem.

3 Which city shall be built, beginning at the temple lot, which is appointed by the finger of the Lord, in the western boundaries of the State of Missouri, and dedicated by the hand of Joseph Smith, Jun., and others with whom the Lord was well pleased.

4 Verily this is the word of the Lord, that the city New Jerusalem shall be built by the gathering of the saints, beginning at this place, even the place of the temple, which temple shall be reared in this generation.

5 For verily this generation shall not all pass away until an house shall be built unto the Lord, and a cloud shall rest upon it, which cloud shall be even the glory of the Lord, which shall fill the house.

Does John the Apostle and any others that may have been translated also make up part of the generation that existed in Joseph Smith's days or were there those of his days who may have been translated?

What are your thoughts on this particular prophecy regarding the Temple being reared by the generation Joseph spoke of?

CMajor
captain of 100

Post by CMajor »

In Visions of Glory, Spencer described the beginning of the destruction of the wicked as he had just parked his car in the underground church parking lot. He said he was knocked to his knees a number of times, and upon looking at his knees was not injured.

I know many here may have missed the announcement by President Hinckley at the dedication of the Palmyra temple, April 6, 2000.
He said the 7th seal is open and the half hour of silence has begun. This particular dedication followed the pattern or cycle of "7" It was the 77th temple dedication in the 170th year of the church. Carried closed circuit to 1,300 stake centers, crowd estimate at 1.5 million, so at the opening of the 7th seal was heard a great shout of HOSANNAH. That evening 3 planets were seen in a cluster together, as 3 heavenly witnesses. Then on Dec. 21, 2020 the end of the half hour of silence signaled by the conjunction of Saturn and Jupiter, which hadn't occurred in 397 years.
The 1/2 hour before the bridegroom appears, the 30 minute warning is given for the church to prepare (20.8 years) the virgins go to the wedding feast and knock on the door, Jesus answers, and if each virgin knows the Lord is allowed in. 5 are allowed in immediately, but there are 5 more who come and are not let in, because they know not the Lord. What will they sacrifice to come to know the Lord? There is still grace time to repent and come unto him. But time is short. Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven.

In the meantime the first 5 have been in the process of translation since Dec.21, 2020.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

CMajor wrote: September 8th, 2022, 10:33 pm In Visions of Glory, Spencer described the beginning of the destruction of the wicked as he had just parked his car in the underground church parking lot. He said he was knocked to his knees a number of times, and upon looking at his knees was not injured.

I know many here may have missed the announcement by President Hinckley at the dedication of the Palmyra temple, April 6, 2000.
He said the 7th seal is open and the half hour of silence has begun. This particular dedication followed the pattern or cycle of "7" It was the 77th temple dedication in the 170th year of the church. Carried closed circuit to 1,300 stake centers, crowd estimate at 1.5 million, so at the opening of the 7th seal was heard a great shout of HOSANNAH. That evening 3 planets were seen in a cluster together, as 3 heavenly witnesses. Then on Dec. 21, 2020 the end of the half hour of silence signaled by the conjunction of Saturn and Jupiter, which hadn't occurred in 397 years.
The 1/2 hour before the bridegroom appears, the 30 minute warning is given for the church to prepare (20.8 years) the virgins go to the wedding feast and knock on the door, Jesus answers, and if each virgin knows the Lord is allowed in. 5 are allowed in immediately, but there are 5 more who come and are not let in, because they know not the Lord. What will they sacrifice to come to know the Lord? There is still grace time to repent and come unto him. But time is short. Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven.

In the meantime the first 5 have been in the process of translation since Dec.21, 2020.
search.php?keywords=ASHH will find a KWii that dispels the 20.8 yr fallacy. PH was ten years too early, and additional insight may be gained by posing this thesis in OD.

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

In modern times? I'm not aware of any myths or allegations of it happening