I knew the time was coming

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Re: I knew the time was coming

Post by blitzinstripes »

tribrac wrote: September 7th, 2022, 3:32 pm Why wouldn't good global citizens cooperate with like minded people to build coalitions to safe gaurd and protect God's creation following the very first commandment given to Adam and Eve...to take care of the earth?
Because climate change isn't about taking care of the earth. The progressives who truly believe in it see an increase in natural disaster frequency and severity and they blame pollution and emissions. Faithful Christians and Latter Day Saints should see it for what it truly is. The judgement of God upon the wicked as prophesied in the holy scriptures. And the solution is repentance, not solar panels and electric cars.

At the core of it lies the same old culprit. Greed. Some people stand to make a hell of a lot of money by stealing market shares from traditional fossil fuel energy. And the politicians are in bed with them, just as they used to be in bed with the oil companies. Follow the money. It never fails.

Oaks alignment with the climate change cult is just one more nail in the coffin of the Q15. It shows that he denied the word of God in the holy scriptures. God openly declared that HE would cause these calamities in the last days as a response to mankind's wickedness. To deny that is to deny the word of God. No true prophet or apostle would put themselves against God. Preach repentance and warn the wicked. That's what they are called to do.

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

dreamtheater76 wrote: September 8th, 2022, 12:20 pm
InfoWarrior82 wrote: September 7th, 2022, 6:53 pm
Ferrisbueller wrote: September 7th, 2022, 3:13 pm Deseret News: President Dallin H. Oaks, climate scientist highlight BYU 2022 fall speaker schedule.
https://www.deseret.com/faith/2022/9/6/ ... r-schedule

I knew this time was coming for the church to get involved with climate change. Terrible.

Not surprising. The church officially supports Agenda 2030 and climate "justice" is one of the pillars of Agenda 2030.
Envision Utah(aka Agenda 2030) commercials are frequently played in between General Conference on the KSL part of it.

After Ezra Taft Benson died NWO Bush advisor Brent Scrowcroft did a great job luring in the brethren into the NWO. It’s gone downhill ever since.
Does anyone know if the Church is donating to Envision Utah? I couldn't find anything about it either way.
Last edited by Dusty Wanderer on September 8th, 2022, 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Christianlee wrote: September 8th, 2022, 2:13 am If the LDS Church wants people to leave all it has to do is start talking about climate change. There are a lot of members who won’t buy that agenda.
Honestly there's more that buy into what is called the climate change agenda than those that don't.

American membership constitutes about 40 percent of global Church membership.

Another 40 percent is from Latin America and 20 percent from the Old World.

In pretty much every country not named the United States of America, an overwhelming majority of people think that climate change is an existential threat to humanity.

This is not to say that I believe in climate change as spelled out by the world's orifices (I refuse to call them mouths as they are highly polluted). I already made my ideas known for why the climate is changing for the worse for many countries.

The earth moans to her Creator to cleanse it of all the sins committed the world over. And very soon the Lord will respond in kind. In fact, I feel like the Lord IS responding in kind. Not just limited to Europe either, but this is but a small example.

The solution will not be to plug everything into electric vehicles (which with their components will muck up the environment even worse than current car engines) or to set your thermostats to a certain temperature, or to kill cows and pigs and change them over for crickets. The solution is to make unto God a real intent of teshuvah. Repentance.
Attachments
EUR in one year.png
EUR in one year.png (219.94 KiB) Viewed 388 times

cab
captain of 1,000
Location: ♫ I am a Mormon! ♫ And... dang it... a Mormon just believes! ♫

Post by cab »

I consider myself a scientist. I have a doctorate and a masters degree and I read medical papers for a living.
An objective dive into the actual scientific literature on climate change is what awakened me to the reality of our awful state of having a secret combination in dominion over us.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

cab wrote: September 8th, 2022, 10:27 pm I consider myself a scientist. I have a doctorate and a masters degree and I read medical papers for a living.
An objective dive into the actual scientific literature on climate change is what awakened me to the reality of our awful state of having a secret combination in dominion over us.
We unwisely chose OPEC, rather than OTEC as proposed by PC.

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

LDS Physician wrote: September 8th, 2022, 5:58 pm
Christianlee wrote: September 8th, 2022, 5:51 pm
LDS Physician wrote: September 8th, 2022, 5:48 pm
Christianlee wrote: September 8th, 2022, 5:39 pm

I live in an area with an extremely well-endowed university. All of the professors are asked to pursue their own research grants. I can’t imagine BYU being any different.That is how academia works. The grants usually come from the Feds or foundations which have swallowed the climate change kool-aid. Do an internet search on “byu professor awarded grant”.
I'm in academia as well, so I get it. But this is not the reason the church is jumping on the Climate Change Bandwagon.
But it may be the reason BYU is inviting a climate change advocate to speak.
I think it's bigger than ingratiating itself to grant-givers.
I agree, money is not the primary motivator. It's more likely a combination of (1) the personal ideological beliefs of its staff or its parent organization, (2) compounded by pursuing the honors of the world, and/or (3) the parent corporation fulfilling its Task Force On Religion obligations to the WEF.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Dusty Wanderer wrote: September 8th, 2022, 10:51 pm
LDS Physician wrote: September 8th, 2022, 5:58 pm
Christianlee wrote: September 8th, 2022, 5:51 pm
LDS Physician wrote: September 8th, 2022, 5:48 pm

I'm in academia as well, so I get it. But this is not the reason the church is jumping on the Climate Change Bandwagon.
But it may be the reason BYU is inviting a climate change advocate to speak.
I think it's bigger than ingratiating itself to grant-givers.
I agree, money is not the primary motivator. It's more likely a combination of (1) the personal ideological beliefs of its staff or its parent organization, (2) compounded by pursuing the honors of the world, and/or (3) the parent corporation fulfilling its Task Force On Religion obligations to the WEF.
I would think it is a somewhat vague 'feeling' which drives them. A feeling of being in "the club". Like a man that feels he has "arrived" and is now a big player. What is now happening is a drawing of people into different camps. BYU is right there with the 15 in wanting to be on the progressive, winning team. To be a part of the future. To be important.

They are keenly aware of how they are to act, talk, and even reason. It's like joining a cult where everyone talks the same, winks the same, and subtly lies the same and all with the same fake smile. They feel strength in the group which wields POWER. The power of the world is with them. Babylon is their God.

It's a form of group-think insanity. They will all walk off the same cliff ignorantly believing that God is with them in their fall.

edit to add: It's an intoxication.

They drink from the cup of Babylon. We are, no doubt, living in the end times. ... Let's hope that the end times don't endure for the next 20 or 50 yrs.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Down_the_rabbithole wrote: September 8th, 2022, 6:09 pm John Kerry (climate czar) Has Flown More Than 180,000 Miles, Emitting 9.5 Million Pounds of Carbon

https://freebeacon.com/?p=1634781

Climate change has NOTHING to do with being good stewards of the earth. It has everything to do with silver-tongued "do as I say, not as I do" manipulator's that want power and control.

Amen and AMEN. And just like our hypocritical governmental (emphasis on mental) overlords, our church overlords, Nelson and Oaks, for example, do the very same thing - fly around the world on the private jet Dear Brother Huntsman gave to them. Do as I say, not as I do, indeed.

You are exactly right - the globalists mantra of "climate change" has nothing whatsoever to do with being good stewards of the earth, and it's shocking that anyone of sound mind believes that it does. Just like the whole 'covid' scenario was not about a virus, the 'climate change' scenario is not about the climate - it is about the earth though, but only insofar as who gets to control all of its resources, and the peasants who crawl around on its surface.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

tribrac wrote: September 7th, 2022, 3:32 pm Why wouldn't good global citizens cooperate with like minded people to build coalitions to safe gaurd and protect God's creation following the very first commandment given to Adam and Eve...to take care of the earth?
Indeed.

Why wouldn't they?

I vote sarcasm.

Well done.

Sir H

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Momma J wrote: September 8th, 2022, 5:30 am
Thinker wrote: September 7th, 2022, 8:01 pm
Makes me wonder how some journalists sleep at night - no conscience? Herd mentality? Cognitive dissonance that it’s all a game to see how many people they can freak out or control?

Similarly: 2nd 1/2 of this video… Audience of Journalists joked how the masses would first adore him - then hate him all based on journalism - like the Fauci pawn. He was the “Flu Commissioner” for Belgium in 2006 & later) this lecture was given January 22, 2019 explaining how they convinced people in Belgium that the regular flu was actually some scary virus (48:00). He’s flat out joking to an audience of journalists about how he fooled most of an entire nation - and “you can too!”
https://odysee.com/@LegunusAspieAnalyti ... in-India:3
It is apparent that they make their decisions based on MONEY. They are paid well to lie. Tell a lie long enough and it becomes the truth (or, it becomes perceived truth and can change what is accepted for generation in history books) Just look at the Civil War. Lincoln did not like black people and would have preferred they stay slaves (this is from his speeches when he was running for office). Yet, history paints Lincoln as a hero to the slaves. Lincoln laughed with Generals over the slaughters in the South. (It is documented)

Journalists can change history by repeating lies until they become "inaccurate" truths to the numb masses. Many people are lazy and seldom seek a greater understanding. Why seek, when it is served on a platter via MSM?
Good points. I didn’t realize some of that about Lincoln.

Maybe it’s partly human nature to want to imagine things in ways that make us feel more safe, comfortable etc.

Sunday, after Sacrament meeting, I was arguing with my teenager as I drove us both to a group meditation (which he ended up liking). He was talking about how his friend was acting childish, playing video games etc & lecturing him because he wasn’t Mormon enough. I suggested that it’s human nature to kind of long for our carefree childhoods - & to have substitute parental “authorities” etc. I miss it too & sometimes wish I could go back to more simple times before I realized so much deception & betrayal. But then where would that get me?

Still, it’s another paradox: humbly remember we know very little & are likely often mistaken & have much to learn…. while also not being luke-warm but exercising active faith to what we think is good & true.

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

HVDC wrote: September 9th, 2022, 6:31 pm
Indeed.

Why wouldn't they?

I vote sarcasm.

Well done.

Sir H

Normie: takes care of the earth

End of the world: earth burns anyway.....

lol.

4Joshua8
captain of 1,000

Post by 4Joshua8 »

mudflap wrote: September 13th, 2022, 10:33 am
HVDC wrote: September 9th, 2022, 6:31 pm
Indeed.

Why wouldn't they?

I vote sarcasm.

Well done.

Sir H

Normie: takes care of the earth

End of the world: earth burns anyway.....

lol.
The earth will get a massive Sonburn.