A challenge for all Phil Davis/DoC junkies

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Re: A challenge for all Phil Davis/DoC junkies

Post by BuriedTartaria »

Redpilled Mormon wrote: August 19th, 2022, 8:51 pm I'm still playing catch up. I know about Denver Snuffer, Phil Davis, and Pure Revelations, but never heard of Rob Smith or Chad Daybell before. Can someone clarify?
If you haven't yet, I recommend you read pjbrownie's excellent paper on the teachings and his experiences with remnant groups which goes into Rob Smith a bit and IIRC touches on Chad Daybell. I don't have a link but I think the link to it has been shared in this thread and I'm sure now that I'm mentioning it someone else will link you to it.

Rob Smith is an interesting convert (I believe, but maybe I'm wrong) to the LDS church who was eventually excommunicated for blogging about taking the teachings in the Book of Mormon literally and casting off false traditions. This is a message that is at odds with LDS orthodoxy which may not take stories and statements about gifts that come from faith so literally and so powerfully. A leader in the LDS church that holds title of prophet, seer or revelator may say they've never seen Christ and that their testimony is simple and sincere and it's enough for their role. Rob would say that's not true. He'd say that true witnesses of Christ in the scriptural sense and in the sense of Joseph Smith have been ministered to by Christ during their mortal lives and he teaches that one may be able to be ministered to by Christ in this life by being committed and exact enough in following Christ, moving upwards spiritually (his blog is upwardthought.blogspot.com), being able to let go of false traditions, etc.

He teaches that he has been ministered to by Christ and that he has been commanded to teach those who will listen.

He sounds quite similar to Denver Snuffer at this point, right? He breaks from Denver Snuffer though in a few key areas. Denver has really written some technically impressive books. Rob's books don't feel put together as professionally as Denver (IMO). I mean Denver has put out The Second Comforter and Passing the Heavenly Gift. Those have become iconic books. I don't feel Rob has made a book as "high quality" as those. That's not to say Rob's claims aren't true and Denver's are. That's not to say that being well-spoken or good at writing books from an academic standard perspective is a sign of a true prophet, I'm just saying Denver became a prolific writer and Rob's way of writing and reaching is different. Rob is trying to blog less and channel his ideas/teachings much more in a series of books. He says the Lord has instructed him that this is the better path for his teachings, rather than his former focus of mainly teaching through shorter blog posts (he still blogs though, just not as much).

Rob breaks with Denver on polygamy. Rob "reset" his blog (I'll get to that in a minute") last fall and years of his blog posts were lost due to that but he used to have some sort of post on polygamy that said something like "generally a bad idea, but not always". I think that sums up his view on polygamy. He thinks it has a place and time but those moments are rare. He believes Joseph was a polygamist.

Rob made a post maybe 5 or so years ago where he became critical of Denver. The post was titled something like "Time for a wake up call for the Snuffer crowd", where he pointed out behavior in Denver's teaching and actions and actions among his supporters that he felt was hypocritical. They see the organizing they do as loose and more of a movement, not a church. He sees them as being a church. They don't feel they have a clear leader. He says it's obvious Denver is their leader and there are other key figures in the movement with a degree of leadership over others.

Pjbrownie puts this better in his paper than I am, but Rob can be very defensive, very critical, and has taught questionable things about women. He made a post once saying women are often at their most attractive in their late teens, I think this may have been in one of his writings defending Joseph and polygamy but I could be wrong. I get what he's saying, I appreciate his candidness, but I also think he's wrong on that being a general rule for women. So many girls blossom in their 20s and "look their best" far after their teen years.

He was a professor at a university and eventually he was "cancelled" for some of the stuff he wrote on his blog (I feel awful for him); viewtopic.php?t=63164
https://upwardthought.blogspot.com/2022 ... y-job.html

When this happened he largely shut down his blog, removing all of his backlog of posts from being able to be accessed. It happened last fall. Since then he has returned to blogging and he is slowly re-posting some of his older stuff but this reset of his blog has completely gotten rid of so much of what he built his name off of. I don't know if he has any intention of bringing back what he would consider the prophetic and inspired material he produced.

I find the similarities and contrasts between Rob and Denver to be really fascinating. Denver has a solid amount of followers. Denver has a message explaining his perspective (that he says he believes will end up being shown true at the end of the day) on what went down during Joseph's day and everything following. He has a target for the future. Whether you believe him or not, he has a clear-ish message about what God is doing right now. I don't feel like Rob has a good answer or "story" on Mormonism. He doesn't believe in the LDS church, he has no love for it (he once said it's "like" or worth as much as a menstrual rag is to God) and has really been clear he directs people to leave the Wasatch Front and leave the LDS church behind. He loves and believes in the Book of Mormon. But I don't think he has a great explanation on what was "it" all about (the early Mormon movement)? Where/when did the church go wrong, what is happening now, what should we expect in the future (though he does discuss the future a lot in his writings, he says dark days are coming but something beautiful will eventually arrive). I think Denver offers a more compelling concept of all of these things but I can't write Rob off or write off his views and teachings.

Rob was not a fan of the "academically accepted, historical-professional" verified Joseph Smith photo. He called foul on placing such high faith in what academics decides about Joseph (which I find odd he did that because I feel he typically respects and stands with what historical academia says about Joseph). I respect Rob for being cautious about the validity of this photo.
Rob Smith wrote: It is interesting to me that, when it comes to finding truth--whatever the domain--the supposed experts tend to be the absolute last place you should look. And, for whatever reason, that property seems to be expanding in how often it is true. But even in Jesus' day, you could get more truth out of a child than you could the Pharisee priests and lawyers, and the richest truths were found from a zealot weirdo in the wilderness and the renegade zealot he claimed was the Son of God. What, exactly, has changed?
https://upwardthought.blogspot.com/2022 ... smith.html

I love this from Rob. I think this is so true. I think God's truth will break the lies and beliefs of "the learned" and our establishment upheld by establishment instititons. I just sort of find Rob's take on Joseph's life at odds with this quote of his. IMO, Rob accepts how Joseph's story is painted by establishment historians and establishment LDS/Mormon historians, yet here Rob is saying "why have faith in the establishment and the enforcing of it by those considered learned?". I would say Denver's defiant stance against establishment Mormon history reflects this quote from Rob better than Rob's take on Mormon history (which seems to agree with the establishment, he just thinks the LDS church is absolutely not true and a problematic institution).

This is an old post predicting/prophesying of tribulations but eventually peace that Rob published before he pulled off all his material when he re-set his blog. He republished this after he started blogging again. This is one of his writings that stands out to me.
https://upwardthought.blogspot.com/2021 ... areth.html
The lion roareth wrote: The perverse degradation of the thin thread of human decency we have mistakenly assumed to be permanent will continue to fray. COVID is not the last or most dangerous plague this generation will see. The civil violence in the US and other places (South Africa now, for example) will increase in intensity, frequency, and duration. Military wars will break out. There will be widespread famines and starvation. In aggregate, billions will die.
One of the most profound things I've learned from anything related to Mormonism was from Rob. I'm paraphrasing him here, but he once said something to the extent of "when considering a spouse, you should ask yourself 'how well can this person receive the positive things that I have to offer'?" Not a direct quote, but that was the general idea. I love that advice.

I think the Chad Daybell stuff is just tragic and a really dark corner of modern-day Mormon break-offs. I've never dived deeply into it because of the child murder stuff. From what I understand, Chad was teaching people about spiritual gifts. He was part of a super-exclusive forum called another voice of warning (AVOW). He got caught up with a girl (Lori Vallow) and now they're both under investigation for the disappearance of either Chad's kids or Lori's kids. I think maybe the childrens' remains have been identified so now they're under investigation for murder but I'm not certain. I think this is such a stain on alternative-Mormon thinking. Because people will hear about modern-day alternative Mormon thinking and point to this.
Last edited by BuriedTartaria on August 20th, 2022, 9:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

solonan
captain of 100

Post by solonan »

pjbrownie wrote: August 18th, 2022, 4:55 pm
solonan wrote: August 14th, 2022, 3:35 pm
Lemarque wrote: August 14th, 2022, 2:49 pm
BuriedTartaria wrote: August 13th, 2022, 11:52 pm I watched that 1 hour interview Isbell did with Dustin. I hope Dustin and his wife find stability. I empathize and agree with their disillusionment in the daily life of modernity that they touched on, but they have 5 kids (or was it more than that?). Those kids need a steady, consistent roof over their head and structure. Isbell seems like a kind, sincere person. I feel like I just don't understand the Doctrine of Christ group. I was just looking at their website today and on their published reports/paper (not sure what to call them), I see Dustin has written a lot, and I don't see any written by Phil Davis (whom I understand is the head of this group), but I do see some material published by Administrator who may be Phil Davis. After reading parts I was most interested in, I'm now currently reading all of PJ Brownie's paper on remnant groups and I'm sure that will give me a better idea of this group.

I'd love to find something that feels exciting and alive in Mormonism, but from what I've seen, I'm not sure this group is what they proclaim to be. I find them (particularly the head of this group) lacking in compelling substance compared to contemporary groups that are comparable to this but I'm not trying to kick them while they're down
Do you know the difference between thedoctrineofchrist.com and doctrineofchrist.com?

From what I can see looking at them the first one mentions Phil and links to his zoom meetings he does as well as info about the cottage meetings they do. The second one doesn't seem to be officially connected to him.

It's interesting that I didn't see this thread when it first started. I'm pretty active on here and had never heard of Phil that I recall. Then I attended one of the cottage meetings after being invited by a friend from our homeschool group and Phil's name kept coming up, and I kept thinking, "Who is Phil?" Somehow I had missed this entire thread. Lots of interesting information being shared here.

Of course, the early church had plenty of drama around Joseph Smith, but I also get the feeling that this movement is something I'm wanting to get involved with. At least not the core group. The group I met with up in Cache Valley seemed to all be good people that I wouldn't mind associating with more.
They are both the same people. There is truth there but are still talking about Phil Davis. My suggestion to you would be to read pjbrownie's expose on the remnant groups and pray about it. And make sure you get a confirmation loud and clear whatever you do.
So the long and short is that www.doctrineofchrist.com was the original website and it's brainchild was Mark Curtis, who was part of the original DOC but not orthodox. He was tolerant of Phil's ideas and doctrine, but not an adherent. He had his own vision, and facilitated the Phil movement on his website.

Then they parted ways. Phil has been correlating, and those that aren't correlated in the inner circle were not longer welcome. This included Mark as well as others like Justin Griffin. Justin owned the domain.

Because the project was owned by others, Phil and the rest of his inner circle went out and formed www.thedoctrineofchrist.com which is more Phileqsue than the first and includes the idea that you have to baptized with Phil's form of Melchizedek priesthood.

I hear that Phil has also recently lost www.thedoctrineofchrist.com because the guy that owns that . . . has also been kicked out.

For any interested, I've set up a new Facebook page with Justin and others, called https://www.facebook.com/groups/discussdoctrineofchrist, which is nondenominational. We advocate for no sect or group and seek to not disparage any group, including the LDS Church. The focus is on teachings and ideas, not dogma. There are adherents of Phil, Denver, PR (Anonymous), Rob Smith, and others on there. That's okay. We're trying to create a wider remnant net to help people who want a different path but don't necessarily know which way to go. We want to give them options to pursue without advocating for any one movement.
This is awesome however, I am not on Facebook. I am hoping you can offer another website please?

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

Redpilled Mormon wrote: August 19th, 2022, 8:51 pm I'm still playing catch up. I know about Denver Snuffer, Phil Davis, and Pure Revelations, but never heard of Rob Smith or Chad Daybell before. Can someone clarify?
BuriedTartaria did a pretty good job of describing Rob Smith. I first became aware of him and his blog in 2014/2015 probably. He was one of the people who claimed to have seen Christ. A lot of people seemed to claim this at that time. Or at least that's when I became aware of it. I was also in some facebook groups with him. He often came off as harsh to me. And rather doom and gloom. I did read some of one of his books though, and I learned a lot about how much the temple endowment had changed in there. Agree with BuriedTartaria that he did not like it when Denver Snuffer came out against polygamy. And then when he did that one weird post about women... I wrote him off after that. LOL He said that a woman's greatest value or worth is when she's like 16 to 25 years old or something like that. I don't remember the exact ages. But after that her worth takes a nosedive and she is worth less and less the older she gets. LOL Just awful. And what made her have value was her good looks and her youth. I felt bad for his wife. :oops: Her knowing that he thought she was declining in value every year.

Chad Daybell, I have followed the story because I'm kinda into true crime and, well, I attended a conference where Chad Daybell spoke, so it was creepier than heck learning about everything that happened. I wasn't impressed with his talk and was certainly not a follower of him. But the fact that we were rubbing shoulders at the same events was so so creepy. So it's like a trainwreck that I keep watching. He will get his day in court. But he and his latest wife Lori, together with Lori's now deceased brother Alex, together allegedly killed Lori's previous husband, Chad's previous wife, and Lori's youngest two kids. I believed they were motivated by sex and money. They needed life insurance money because they were both poor (except Lori wasn't poor until she had her husband killed) and, well, I guess they were really attracted to each other and most likely had an affair while they were still married to their previous spouses. Of course, the spiritual spin they put on it was that Chad was some awesome spiritual guru guy, who didn't have a veil so he knew all sorts of awesome stuff. So he said that Lori's husband (Charles) had been overtaken by a dark spirit and the only way to free Charles was to kill the now Zombie guy who wasn't Charles. Charles was already supposedly dead in their minds, even though he's still walking around. I think the same thing happened to Chad's wife (Tammy). She was overtaken by a spirit and needed to die to be free. Their deaths were made to look accidental/self defense or natural causes. Then Chad and Lori got married like 2 weeks after Tammy's death. The children were already dead at that point, but we didn't know that. We only learned they were missing in December of 2019. Then their bodies were found in the summer of 2020, buried in Chad's backyard. The children were also "zombies" or taken over by evil spirits. They also believed in a form of reincarnation or multiple mortal probations, because Chad thought he was Moroni in a previous life and he and Lori had been married to each other many times in previous lives. Rumor has it that they went to the temple together and ? I don't know ? did sealings or something? Or maybe snuck into a sealing room somehow? So after that, I guess they figured they were justified in having sex with each other because they were already married in previous lives and now they were "official" in this life too. All of that, and yes, they were members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. They even attended church in Hawaii while they were sort of on the run hiding away because the children were missing and everyone was wondering what happened to them. I'm not sure what the church's stance is on excommunication. Do they wait for them to be convicted? Or would they have been excommunicated by now? I don't know. It's possible they are still technically members of the church. Anyway, to me, it's a cautionary tale. Like, I don't know if he knows that he was just making up crap to get the girl? Or if he was actually deceived by an evil spirit? Maybe they opened themselves up to that deception and did not know how to discern the spirits that started giving them revelations. Maybe it was all for show because they wanted sex and money and to not be burdened by children. For Lori, I wonder if maybe she really did believe all the spiritual crap Chad was telling her. Because she does seem kind of ditzy. But she is also a liar and a manipulator and is rather cold-hearted if you look into some of her past marriages. On the other hand, everyone who knew her thought she was the best mom ever and the primary kids all loved her. She was the best mom ever, until she started learning more about Last Days stuff, and Chad Daybell. Then she became crazy horrible person who allowed her children to be murdered.

solonan
captain of 100

Post by solonan »

Thanks all of y'all for your understanding of all these folks. Geez. What a train wreck.

pjbrownie
captain of 1,000

Post by pjbrownie »

I did a write up on the Daybell thing comparing to other movements and offering some cautionary thoughts.

https://www.cesanswers.info/post/of-dreams-and-daybells

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

I really wanted to post these things here, in this thread, instead of in the thread
" The One Mighty and Strong: too much idolizing or not enough idolizing done for this servant? "
so I'm posting them here also.

Speaking of Phil and his gullible group - who like him - have been deceived - deceived by him.

Here is what someone told me - when talking about Phil and his supposed angelic experiences
and who he thinks he is, and the belief that Joseph Smith has returned.
"I personally believe Phil.
I don’t know what reason he would have to make it up."

can you believe it !
that's just it - he didn't make it up - at least that's what he thinks.
He believes what he says is true.

just shows you - why some people are deceived.

What I've said before -
" I don't think he is lying and just made up his story about an angel appearing to him
and, that - from what I've read, (below) that
"He (Phil Davis) is a reincarnated servant from the 1830s who was with Joseph Smith. "
or, from this article -
"According to Davis, an angel visited him in his chocolate shop, followed by a translated being
who authorized him into a new Terrestrial Order of the Church.
However, in recent times, Joseph Smith returned to inaugurate a re-restoration
at the hand of the Davidic Servant, Phil Davis."

I think he is sincere and believes what he is saying, and that he believes he really IS telling the truth.
I guess the real question is - DO YOU ?
Do you believe he is telling the truth ?
Do we - those that have heard his story, believe what he is saying ?

Like I said. I think he sounds like a very good person, so I can't really say anything bad about him;
I really don't know him.
But, I once had a friend, who had a great imagination and told me many stories that sounded amazing
and I knew he wasn't just lying to me, but really believed himself everything he was telling me;
even though I knew he was making up everything.
Last edited by Being There on September 3rd, 2022, 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 2021236368

LDS Energy Healing/Emotion Code Exposed
July 14, 2021 ·

Question: What do you get when you combine Denver Snuffer with Chad Daybell?

Answer: Phil Davis

There is a disturbing movement among members of a group called the ‘Doctrine of Christ’ to believe that Brigham Young killed Joseph Smith. Members of the ‘Doctrine of Christ’ group are disaffected members of the Church who are influenced by a man named Phil Davis. He is a single man living in Utah County who use to own a Chocolate Factory.

Every person with truth in their heart should stare at such an evil falsehood. For it is a grievous matter to see members of the Church- who are duped by the devil- gather themselves together and cause others to stumble after them.

The Doctrine of Christ website states that they are

“An open community of believers who seek to learn, follow, teach and value the ‘doctrine of Christ’ above all else”.

However, if you examine them you will not find anything but contradiction and rejection to every principle of truth restored by the Prophet Joseph Smith.

In addition to this diabolic claim that Brigham Young killed Joseph Smith, Phil Davis also teaches his followers that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints DOES NOT have the Melchizedek Priesthood.

And the story gets even more sinister… Phil Davis claims that Joseph Smith has returned to the earth and is translating the sealed portion of the Book of Mormon.YES!! They really believe he is working with a reincarnated Joseph Smith to restore a terrestrial order to the earth. Unfortunately, members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will not have access to the sealed portion of the Book of Mormon, according to Davis. Only those who have received a “baptism of fire and the Holy Ghost” performed by a person or angel with the Melchizedek Priesthood will have the sealed portion.

The allegations and charges made by Phil Davis and ‘Doctrine of Christ’ members about Brigham Young and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints have serious and eternal implications for members of the Church that demand close investigation.

Let’s Begin our Investigation of Phil Davis

In a podcast archived on their website called “Personal Experiences and Waking up to Christ” recorded on April 9, 2020, Phil Davis tells his eager and gullible listeners a wild, sensational, and very disturbing experience he claims he had in 2015 after he spent a few days camping with some friends at Parowan Gap in Central Utah.

If you have read this far, get some popcorn. Phil's story will have you on the edge of your seat. It is unlike anything you have ever read in scripture. It is so sensational in fact that there is not a single person in all of the scriptures who has ever had a more spectacular spiritual experience than Phil Davis.

Are you ready for it? Please try not to laugh because there are people that hang on to every word Phil says and follow him without reservation. We should pray for them.

Phil describes Parowan Gap as a temple site with an ancient blood and peace altar. He and his unidentified buddies went to spend a few days in Parowan Gap to “make themselves more Holy”. When they get there he claims ‘the spirit’ told him to build an altar.

Before I continue, I just want to point out that there are two kinds of “spirits”. The Holy Spirit and the Unholy Spirit. Not all inspiration is from God. The Lord revealed to the Prophet Joseph Smith in 1831, ‘Behold, verily I say unto you, that there are many spirits which are false spirits, which Have gone forth in the earth, deceiving the world”.

According to Phil Davis, the “spirit” tells him to build an altar. So they build an altar. Then the “spirit’ tells him to pitch the doors of his tent to surround the altar. He and his buddies spend the rest of the night around this altar. Then they retire to their tents to have all-night prayers with the intention that they would assemble together again at 4 am around the altar. However, Phil missed three nights of sleep in preparation for this trip so he was physically ill from lack of sleep so he fell asleep and couldn’t wake up until 9 o’clock the next morning. They resume their worship around the altar when the “spirit” tells Phil to take the sacrament. As he is taking the sacrament, the sun comes up over the horizon and he begins to visualize that Christ is also ascending over the horizon and light, glory, and fire are coming off of Christ’s body. Phil then begins to visualize Christ’s light, glory, and power coming into his body and it initiates a baptism of fire. Phil then begins to proclaim the Hosanna shout as loud as he can. As he was proclaiming the Hosanna shout fire comes down from the sky and the altar becomes a temple altar. Then another man joins in and starts proclaiming the Hossanah shout and fire comes down from the sky again and the altar now becomes an altar in the Holy of Holies.

At this point, Phil discovers that his Spirit is no longer in his body and he is transfigured like Moses. He finds himself standing outside a large stone building in a location he has never been before. He ascends the steps and comes to a large door. The door has a series of locks on it and he looks down at his waist and sees a set of keys. He precedes to unlock the locks on the door and goes inside. Inside he sees a very narrow set of stairs without handrails. Phil then precedes to wash in a large basin of water and a man comes forward and begins to clothe him in a white robe. Then the man brings forward armor and a sword and Phil is clothed with the armor. He then ascends the stairs and comes to a second door with no locks. He opens the door and it looks like he is looking into the center of the sun. He enters the door and begins to ascend upward at a rapid speed. He then finds himself standing in a room high above the earth. In the middle of the room was who he alleges is Jesus Christ. Phil tells this being he believes to be christ that he desires to be a witness to the atonement. He claims he is taken to Gethsemane where he witnesses the atonement in 3rd person but also gets to enter Christ’s body (that’s not creepy at all) to actually feel the pain of Christ’s suffering.

Several months later Phil goes to his private altar up Provo canyon where his spirit leaves his body and again he is in “Christ’s” presence. He parts several veils and christ presents him to the Father. He then has a vision open up of the “end times” and he asks Christ to be sent on a mission and as his spirit is standing above his body a horizontal portal opens up and he goes inside and finds himself in a strange land where he saves a Christian lady from being killed by Muslims. He enters the portal again and then finds himself back in his body.

He concludes by describing his experience by stating and I quote:

"So in preparation for the Second Coming of Jesus Christ in Glory, the heavens are again opened in ways that have not been opened since the days of Joseph Smith".

Clearly alleging that the heavens have been sealed until he had this experience.

These sensational experiences are similar to what Chad Daybell and several other excommunicated energy healers have described. The scriptures warn us about Satan transforming himself into an angel of light in order to deceive and devour the weak-minded and those who lack knowledge.

Altars are for consecrated temples that have been set apart by those who hold Priesthood keys and preside over the Church. Individuals who build "altars" in the mountains and worship around them are acting outside the bounds of Priesthood authority and they open themselves up to the Devil who is anxious to flatter them with "spiritual experiences".

In conclusion, These are the people who want you to believe that Brigham Young killed Joseph Smith that Joseph Smith has returned to the earth and is working with Phil Davis. They also want you to believe the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints does not have the Melchizedek Priesthood so you need a man like Phil Davis who can provide a Melchizedek Priesthood baptism in order to enter into the Terrestial Order

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Cristina Rosetti September 13, 2021
A New Mormon Religion Has Taken QAnon Conspiracies and Canonized Them as Doctrine

https://religiondispatches.org/a-new-mo ... -doctrine/

Over the last year, I’ve scrolled past social media posts by members of diverse religious backgrounds and political opinions. However, because my ethnographic research is based in Mormon fundamentalist communities, a good amount of the commentary I see leans libertarian or conservative and comes from communities that developed at a time of perceived religious and cultural uncertainty. These new Mormon religious communities—new religions really—bring together shifting religious landscapes and anxieties about everyday life in ways that seldom make sense to the casual observer.

As the world watched a viral pandemic take millions of lives and struggle to develop medical interventions and preventative measures, much of my Facebook feed took on an air of conspiracy. Specifically, QAnon emerged as an answer to an increasingly chaotic world.

QAnon is a conspiracy theory that, frankly, reads like word salad. For supporters, however, it’s a puzzle of cryptic codes and symbols that unveil a Satanic pedophile ring controlling the government. Beginning in 2018, the mysterious figure “Q” began detailing Donald Trump’s ascent to power and the “storm” that was coming to finally end control of the “Deep State” and corrupt government. Using “Q drops,” the cryptic 8Kun messages used to rally supporters, “Q” offered supposed intel to the general population on everything from military psyops to Marina Abramović’s controversial Spirit Cooking art installation.

By the time the January 6 insurrection flashed across my television screen, I’d seen countless Q drops with catchy one-liners to explain their importance. However, as time passed, the content of the conspiracies became increasingly religious (with strong antisemitic undertones) and moved beyond the standard theories espoused by Q supporters.

“Q said it would happen. Special investigation, everything will come out.”

“Noah was a conspiracy theorist, then it started to rain.”

“Don’t get this [Covid] shot if you haven’t already it’s deadly. And why would God and his Prophet [Russell] Nelson [president of the LDS Church] do this to people? People in here actually think this is from God.”

“We have all been warned about the Globalist/Elites plans for the world. Now they are coming in full force. Even our own LDS leaders are calling themselves Global Citizens.”

“I believe that Brigham Young was a Rothschilds agent sent to assassinate the Smith family and gain control over the church. The Cabal have taken over every major religious institutions. The Book of Mormon warns against this, but modern day propehts [sic] don’t even talk about it, and also.cover up a lot of what Joseph Smith taught.”

Wait, what?

That last one is what initially piqued my interest in a new Mormon religion that took QAnon’s theories and canonized them as doctrine.

Scholars of religion took Q by storm (pun intended). Many framed it within the context of white evangelicalism. Others rightfully highlighted the New Age characteristics that many supporters espoused, specifically in terms of vaccine hesitancy. Underlying most perspectives was the prevailing assumption that Q is not a religion, but the product of American religion’s entanglement with conservative politics.

Earlier this year, PRRI offered statistics for the intersection of Q-belief and religion, noting that white evangelicals, Hispanic evangelicals, and Mormons are most likely to believe the ideas espoused by Q. This includes 21% of Mormons who believe in QAnon, and 18% who specifically believe that “the government, media, and financial worlds in the U.S. are controlled by a group of Satan-worshipping pedophiles who run a global child sex trafficking operation.”

Things grew complicated in 2021 as the vaccine became widely available. The leadership of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the largest branch of Mormonism, acted quickly during the pandemic to close temples and offer guidelines for Church meetings, including social distancing and masks. In addition, they encouraged vaccines, referring to the medical technology as a “literal godsend.” On January 19, 2021, the President of the Church and other senior members of leadership received their own vaccination, sparking both applause and outrage.

Members with political disagreements felt ostracized, and some began questioning their membership in the LDS Church altogether. Others took these events as confirmation that the hierarchy of the Church had gone astray.

Reenchanting the world

The LDS Church’s central claim of Restoration necessitates something lost and restored. Since the 1830 founding of the religion, schism has remained the rule, with many factions of the movement claiming apostasy among the leaders of the dominant faith. One such example emerged in 2013 with a man named Denver Snuffer, leader of the Remnant movement.

Snuffer became well-known in Mormon circles for his widely read publications that outlined the path for individuals to encounter Jesus Christ and have assurance of their salvation without the need for a religious institution. Ultimately, Snuffer claimed that God had “terminated the priesthood authority” of the LDS Church, leading it into apostasy. In response, he was excommunicated in 2013. Since then Snuffer has canonized new scriptures, raised funds to build a temple, and held conferences for national audiences.

Snuffer’s claims became controversial in historical circles in 2017 when he began preaching that Joseph Smith, the founder of Mormonism, did not practice polygamy; that he was, in fact, an ardent opponent of the practice. According to Snuffer, the LDS Church began a long downward spiral following the death of Smith. After his death, Brigham Young rose to power and used Joseph Smith’s history to justify the formation of the controversial marital practice.

During the 2016 Sunstone Symposium, I watched Snuffer present “Was There an Original” to a standing-room-only audience at the University of Utah. He was charismatic and spoke of an authentic Mormonism that was lost after the death of Joseph Smith. This loss only escalated and amounted to the current state of apostasy in the LDS Church. The goal of his movement, the Remnant, is to recapture an “authentic” Mormonism marked by spiritual experience and individual encounter with God that doesn’t necessitate a temporal intermediary—which is to say a priesthood or any individual with a special relationship to God.

Already in 2016, Snuffer’s historical narrative spoke the language of conspiracy. In addition to his claim of an authentic Mormonism is a claim about the transformation of Mormonism under Brigham Young into a polygamous and theocratic institution that was unknown to Smith. The claim led his followers to polygamy denial, a hallmark of the movement that requires extraordinary reimagining of historical evidence for the practice. Snuffer afforded Mormons a method for reenchanting the world, and a way to make sense of a chaotic history that brings their leaders into question.

Snuffer’s movement is distinctly religious, with few political claims. However, in the wake of the global pandemic, some sought answers that moved beyond the spiritual realm. Enter Phil Davis, a member of the LDS Church known for the artisan chocolate shop that he co-owned with Morgan Coleman in downtown Provo, UT. As of 2020, Davis is the head chocolatier at Small Batch Cacao.

While most know him for his chocolates, some also know him as the End Times Servant who was called to gather the elect and prepare for the return of Jesus Christ. His movement, Doctrine of Christ, isn’t large, but constitutes one of the latest expressions of Mormonism that speaks to the context that we find ourselves in. According to Davis, an angel visited him in his chocolate shop, followed by a translated being who authorized him into a new Terrestrial Order of the Church.

Doctrine of Christ takes the Snuffer claim a step further, arguing that Brigham Young had the priesthood revoked in the 1830s. After supposedly murdering Joseph Smith, Young claimed ownership of the Church and led it down the path to ruin. However, in recent times, Joseph Smith returned to inaugurate a re-restoration at the hand of the Davidic Servant, Phil Davis.

Earlier this year, the movement linked the perceived apostasy of the LDS Church to the political claims that circulated in conspiracy circles, beginning with the Church’s endorsement of “globalist agendas” and promotion of the “secret combinations” that control the Covid-19 narrative. Under an image of Russell M. Nelson, the group wrote:

“Our research demonstrates that this tyrant is using a false pandemic to force the world to accept a vaccination. This ‘cure’ will make most people who receive it susceptible to a ‘wild virus.’ This may surface later on, after most of the entire human population’s immune systems weaken due to the vaccine.”

According to Doctrine of Christ supporters, the virus and subsequent vaccine is part of the “Arch Tyrant” plan to depopulate 90% of the earth. One article pointed to the United Nations as central to this mission, with others citing the Illuminati, Masons, Jesuits, and other entities historically linked to end times apocalypticism. The conspiracies that found their place in American homes and internet forums became doctrine.

Currently, Doctrine of Christ has 367 YouTube subscribers and 231 followers on social media. The movement is small, but its existence makes sense within the context of new Mormon groups that emerged within the last decade, and it’s likely to continue growing. Davis and his community harnessed a desire for enchantment that many no longer find in the LDS Church, and the conspiracies provide a comforting response to a chaotic world. In a time of heightened skepticism toward various establishments, he spoke to a craving for independence, both politically and religiously.

When I first posted about this new group on social media, it was met with interest and several people expressing that the Brigham Young conspiracy would make a great movie. Well, they’re in luck. Phil Davis and the Doctrine of Christ anticipate a movie premier, The Return of Joseph Smith, on April 15 at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, UT. The movie offers an alternate history to the LDS succession era, and answers people’s deepest questions as they seek meaning in an uncertain world.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/phildavis

LDS Energy Healing/Emotion Code Exposed
November 24, 2021 ·
In 2015, Phil Davis claims an “angel” appeared to him outside his chocolate factory.
I think it’s important for people to hear Phil Davis in his own words describe his experience with this “angel” late one night. It is very revealing and eery.
As per Phil Davis, the first thing this “angel” says to him is: “DO YOU HAVE ANY MONEY”
Anyone who has been endowed in the temple should have red flags raised immediately and warning bells going off like crazy!!
In the temple, the Lord reveals a simple pattern in order to detect true messengers from false messengers. When Satan appears to the man Adam to deceive him has asks Peter, James, and John “DO YOU HAVE ANY MONEY”
To his own detriment, Phil ignored this simple sign and accepted this angel as an angel of “Light”. He even describes the angel using the description: “ light was coming out of his eyes”. Scriptures, however, warn us that Satan can and will transform himself LITERALLY into an “angel of light” so he can deceive you.
Sadly, Phil Davis also ingnored the Lord’s simple yet important instructions to test the spirits as outlined in a revelation given to the Prophet Joseph Smith in Doctrine and Covenants section 129. The Lord did not just idly reveal the keys for detecting false spirits.
As a result, Satan was able to appear to Phil Davis, stroke his ego, make him feel special and called, and them deceive him. Once he deceived him, Phil Davis became an instrument of the devil to deceive others. in other words- Phil Davis partook of the lies Satan told and now he wants you to partake with him.
Worse still. Phil Davis is possessed by this evil spirit who has convinced him to believe that He (Phil Davis) is a reincarnated servant from the 1830s who was with Joseph Smith.
Here are the deceptions Phil Davis teaches his Doctrine of Christ followers:
👉🏻 Those who are “awaking” to Phil Davis’s message are also reincarnated servants from the 1830s.
👉🏻Joseph Smith has returned to the earth but he his “hidden”.
👉🏻Wearing the Temple Garment is keeping you from receiving revelation.
👉🏻John Taylor and Willard Richards killed the Prophet Jospeh Smith, the Church lost the Melchizedek Priesthood, and the heavens closed in 1844. No one has had a baptism of Fire and Holy Ghost since 1844.
👉🏻 After the “angel” appeared to Phil in 2015, the Heavens opened and Phil Davis was ordained by God himself after he was taken to the 7th Heaven where Christ introduced Phil to the Father.
👉🏻 Phil Davis can now provide you with a “Melchizedek Priesthood” baptism that will enable you to have your baptism of Fire and Holy Ghost.
👉🏻 The Church of Jesus Christ does not have the Melchizedek Priesthood.
Please remember that Satan will give you anything desire. He will even give you “religion”.
“You want religion do you? There will be many people willing to teach you the PHILosophies of men mingled with scripture.”
In this video excerpt, Phil Davis was interviewed by Jacob IsBell who was excommunicated from the Church October 2020.
#whokilledjosephsmith
#PhilDavis
* go down to bottom of page where
https://www.facebook.com/15574620212363 ... 732086916/

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

There is only 1 servant - the Lord's end-time servant,
this is the theme all through Isaiah -
who is the Davidic Servant, the Marred Servant,
the Mighty and Strong One - the one who the Lord commissions to restore His people - The House of Israel;
and it's NOT Joseph Smith.

"the Lord empowers him;
"when my God became my strength— " Isaiah 49:5
after the "trials he endures have served their purpose to purify, perfect, and sanctify him to a higher spiritual level,
thereby qualifying him for a new commission.
Jacob/Israel’s restoration, to which task he was foreordained (v 1), Jehovah augments with a mission
to serve as a light to the “nations” or “Gentiles”

there are so many scriptures in Isaiah that prove there is only 1 end-time servant of the Lord,
but just take - for example this one, (below *** )

so if there were many servants - (plural) -
then WHY doesn't the Lord say "servants" - (plural) - instead of servant -
like He does in verse 1.

Isaiah 42
Jehovah’s appointing his servant as a light to the nations leads to a new exodus or to captivity.

*** 1 My servant whom I sustain, my chosen one in whom I delight,
him I have endowed with my Spirit;
he will dispense justice to the nations.

Jehovah sustains and endows with his Spirit his servant (Isaiah 11:2; 48:16; 61:1), who here appears under his spiritual (and often suffering) persona (Isaiah 49:7; 50:7-10; 52:14; 53:11). Jehovah commissions him to restore justice to the “nations” or “Gentiles” (goyim), inferring that there is no justice or only a façade of justice among his people and the nations (Isaiah 5:7; 10:1-2; 59:11, 15). Types of Jehovah’s “servant” or vassal include Isaiah (Isaiah 20:3), Eliakim (Isaiah 22:20), Cyrus (Isaiah 44:26-28), Hezekiah (Isaiah 37:15-20; 38:2-6), Moses (Isaiah 63:11-14), and David (Isaiah 55:3-4).

Because no one type covers all the end-time roles Jehovah’s servant fulfills, Isaiah presents him under different personas. Consistent with persons in the seraph category, his mission, like those of Moses and Elijah, is international in scope (Exodus 3:16-22; 1 Kings 19:15-16). At first directed to the Jacob/Israel category of Jehovah’s people dispersed among the nations (Isaiah 11:10-12; 41:8-9; 43:1-8; 49:8-12), the servant’s task is to bring as many as will repent to renew the covenant with Jehovah and to ascend to higher spiritual categories (v 21; Isaiah 44:1-5, 21-22; 45:19-25; 46:12-13).

-----------------------------

the whole reasoning behind the need for many servants,
is so then they can justify the need for Joseph Smith to return as one of them.

YES, there will be many, as there are already many now, that serve the Lord,
so they are His servants.
You, and even I, could be one of these end-time servants that have a mission and play an important role;
the Lord has a plan and a mission for anyone that serves Him,
but it's just not the same, as the Lord's one and only end-time Davidic servant and his mission or missions,
and that He empowers and works through and that we should be looking for.

I think that part of the reason that Phil's group attracted some,
is because they were wanting to feel important and looking "to be someone" -
that is - that they want to feel important enough, that they would play a role and fill a mission from the Lord;
and the problem is - Phil gave them that hope, and even promised some that.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

So for all those here -(like those that follow Phil and of DoC group) -
and others here, who have been deceived - *
(thinking JS is returning - (actually - they say he has returned).
* by their impressive scriptures they post
and because they put Joseph Smith on a pedestal, and above men - like he's some God or something.

Joseph Smith - the MAN who failed to establish Zion - as the Lord commanded,
and soon after - the Lord was never heard from again. - the revelations ended.
PLEASE fill me in, on just what role John plays in the last days ? (according to these scriptures - below)
or are all these scriptures (below) invisible, and I guess just mean nothing.

Interesting how these people of DoC group, and others I've talked to, post such impressive scriptures
about Joseph Smith, *** (that are so convincing - that even some of the brightest are convinced and deceived thinking that the end-time servant is JS, when he's clearly not,)
*** yet they always fail to prove or even to answer - or give any answers -
about the scriptures I posted - clearly showing
who this end-time servant really is, by one of the missions he performs - and that is - to gather Israel.

and as I've already posted. (sorry for the repeat of some things)

I'm really getting tired of members that idolize Joseph Smith.
He is a man - a dead man, and not some sort of God.
And his work is finished and he's not coming back.

Our exclusive Priesthood rights to end

The Lord told Joseph Smith that His Restored Priesthood would
"remain through you and your lineage until the restoration of all things spoken by the mouths of all the holy prophets since the world began."
D&C 86:10
He also said we held our Priesthood jointly with those who held Dispensation Keys before us.
D&C 112: 30 -33
30 For unto you, the Twelve, and those, the First Presidency, who are appointed with you to be your counselors and your leaders, is the power of this priesthood given, for the last days and for the last time, in the which is the dispensation of the fulness of times,

31 Which power you hold, in connection with all those who have received a dispensation at any time from the beginning of the creation;

32 For verily I say unto you, the keys of the dispensation, which ye have received, have come down from the fathers, and last of all, being sent down from heaven unto you.

D&C 27

12 And also with Peter, and James, and John, whom I have sent unto you, by whom I have ordained you and confirmed you to be apostles, and especial witnesses of my name, and bear the keys of your ministry and of the same things which I revealed unto them;

13 Unto whom I have committed the keys of my kingdom, and a dispensation of the gospel for the last times; and for the fulness of times, in the which I will gather together in one all things, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth;

To Joseph Smith was given the keys of this dispensation, BUT NEVER
did he receive the presiding "keys of this ministry" of the Gospel or
"keys of the kingdom of God" of ALL dispensations from
A.D.30 to Christ's Second Coming.
These keys are held by Peter, James, and John.
Futhermore inasmuch as Peter and James have passed through
and beyond the invisible veil, it places John as the only one
holding these certain presiding keys in the flesh.

D&C 7

1 And the Lord said unto me: John, my beloved, what desirest thou?
For if you shall ask what you will, it shall be granted unto you.

2 And I said unto him: Lord, give unto me power over death, that I may live and bring souls unto thee.

3 And the Lord said unto me: Verily, verily, I say unto thee,
because thou desirest this thou shalt tarry until I come in my glory,
and shalt prophesy before nations, kindreds, tongues and people.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(now where have you heard that before ?)
lds.org
John seals up many things relative to the last days—
He is commissioned to participate in the restoration of all things.

D&C 77
6 And also with Elias, to whom I have committed the keys of bringing to pass the restoration of all things
spoken by the mouth of all the holy prophets since the world began, concerning the last days;

Rev. Chapter 10
11 And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D&C 7 continued

4 And for this cause the Lord said unto Peter: If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? For he desired of me that he might bring souls unto me, but thou desiredst that thou mightest speedily come unto me in my kingdom.

5 I say unto thee, Peter, this was a good desire; but my beloved has desired that he might do more, or a greater work yet among men than what he has before done.

6 Yea, he has undertaken a greater work;
therefore I will make him as flaming fire and a ministering angel;
he shall minister for those who shall be heirs of salvation who dwell on the earth.

7 And I will make thee to minister for him and for thy brother James; and unto you three I will give this power and the keys of this ministry until I come.

(and where have you heard that before ?) "ministering angel"
D&C 77
9 Q. What are we to understand by the angel ascending from the east, Revelation 7th chapter and 2nd verse?

A. We are to understand that the angel ascending from the east is he to whom is given the seal of the living God over the twelve tribes of Israel; wherefore, he crieth unto the four angels having the everlasting gospel, saying: Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
And, if you will receive it, this is Elias which was to come to gather together the tribes of Israel and restore all things.

Our exclusive right to this Priesthood will therefore terminate at the return of
The lord’s end - time servant.
John the beloved - the Davidic king - the marred servant.

He is the "Root of Jessie"
"unto whom rightly belongs the priesthood,
and the keys of the kingdom"
and in Isaiah 11:10 (*** at bottom)

The Davidic King, a Man like Moses that will free the saints from their bondage and lead the exodus to Zion.
and"whom rightly belongs the priesthood, and the keys of the kingdom, for an ensign,
and for the gathering of my people in the last days"

He is the "angel ascending from the east" in Revelation 7:2,
and who also is Elias - both the angel of His Presence and Elias who announces the Lord.
Elias which was to come to gather together the tribes of Israel and restore all things.

D&C 77:14
14 Q. What are we to understand by the little book which was eaten by John,
as mentioned in the 10th chapter of Revelation?

A. We are to understand that it was a mission, and an ordinance,
for him to gather the tribes of Israel; behold, this is Elias, who, as it is written, must come and restore all things.

-----------------------------------------------------

lds.org
"(2) Elias is also a title for one who is a forerunner; for example, John the Baptist,"

"(3) The title Elias has also been applied to many others for specific missions or restorative functions that they are to fulfill; for example, John the Revelator (D&C 77:14) "

A “sweet” but “bitter” mission and ordinance
to gather the tribes of Israel.

lds.org
Rev. Chapter 10
John seals up many things relative to the last days—
He is commissioned to participate in the restoration of all things.

9 And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me,
Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.
10 And I took the little book out of the angel’s hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.
11 And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.

The "little book" was his mission, he saw
what his own mission would be; to gather Israel
in the last days, and be an Elias - a forerunner
to the coming of Christ. Just as John the Baptist
was an Elias - a forerunner to Christ.
For this important mission he (John the Rev.)
has tarried in the flesh for 19 centuries.

*** Isaiah 11:10

10 ¶ And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people;
to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

11 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.

12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

He is the "Root of Jessie" in Isaiah 11:10
He is a descendant of Jesse as well as of Joseph. (verse 5,6)

D&C113

5 What is the root of Jesse spoken of in the 10th verse of the 11th chapter?

6 Behold, thus saith the Lord, it is a descendant of Jesse,
as well as of Joseph, unto whom rightly belongs the priesthood,
and the keys of the kingdom, for an ensign,
and for the gathering of my people in the last days.
Last edited by Being There on September 3rd, 2022, 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

Avraham Gileadi Ph.D.

Isaiah’s Wild and Natural Olive Tree Branches

Isaiah’s mini-allegory of an olive tree in Isaiah 11:1, 10 appears to be the inspiration for other scriptural olive tree allegories.
The old tree no longer bears fruit, so a new procedure is needed for it again to do so. In Isaiah’s case, a “watersprout” (hoter, also “rod”) is allowed to grow out of the “trunk” (geza, also “stem”) of the tree. However, watersprouts, being wild by nature, don’t bear fruit. That is why they are cut out of fruit trees in the spring. Still, if a tree is failing and a watersprout can keep it alive, it can be permitted to grow strong enough to sustain a “graft” (sores, also “root/sprig”) that will eventually become a fruit-bearing “branch” (neser).

The analogy of Gentiles as a wild branch or branches that don’t bear fruit, and the house of Israel as a natural branch or branches that do bear fruit, seems self-evident.
The upshot of this, however, is that in God’s Day of Judgment most of the wild branch or branches of God’s people are “cut off” (krt, Isaiah 9:14; 22:25; 29:20; 48:19) so that the natural branch or branches may be grafted in.
Only those parts of the wild branch or branches that sustain the natural ones that are grafted in remain with the tree.
In short, the Gentiles’ receiving the good news when Israel rejects it is but an interim phase toward a more glorious, fruit-bearing phase
(see Romans 11).

Wild Fruit—A Setting for Divine Intervention (because of apostasy)

Isaiah uses the allegory of a “vineyard”—which starts off as a national locale but ends up as the entire earth—to show God’s loving care for his people (Isaiah 5:1–7; 27:2–6). God cultivates the vineyard, clears it of stones, plants it with choice vines, builds a watchtower in its midst, and hews a winepress for it.
When he expects it to yield grapes, it yields only “wild grapes” (be’usim)—grapes that rot before they ripen. So God says, “I will have its hedge removed and let it be burned; I will have its wall broken through and let it be trampled.
I will make it a desolation: it shall neither be pruned nor hoed, but briars and thorns shall overgrow it”
(Isaiah 5:5–6).

Because this allegory applies to God’s end-time people as well as to those of Isaiah’s day, the scenario of God’s people apostatizing, followed by a foreign power invading their land, repeats itself at the end.
Isaiah’s predictions of Assyria’s invasion of the Promised Land and its conquest of the world illustrate the fulfillment of the allegory—how the wickedness of God’s people precipitates God’s Day of Judgment and how God uses his people’s enemies to punish them (Isaiah 5:26–30; 10:5–14; 13:4–13; 28:14–22).
In the end, however, the good fruit a righteous remnant of God’s people brings forth fills the whole earth
(Isaiah 4:2; 11:1; 27:6; 37:31–32).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who Are God’s Servants Called by God’s Endtime Servant?
January 13, 2018
Avraham Gileadi Ph.D.

At the point in Zenos’ allegory of the olive tree, when the mother tree and three daughter trees have “brought forth much fruit, and there is none of it which is good” (Jacob 5:32)—and all the trees are “good for nothing save it be to be hewn down and cast into the fire” (Jacob 5:43)—the Lord of the vineyard instructs his servant to “call servants, that we may labor diligently with our might in the vineyard, that we may prepare the way, that I may bring forth again the natural fruit, which natural fruit is good and the most precious above all other fruit” (Jacob 5:61).

The Lord of the vineyard commands these servants to graft branches from the three daughter trees into the mother tree and from the mother tree into the daughter trees—at the same time replacing the trees’ most bitter branches and casting them into the fire (Jacob 5:52–58, 66).

Lest we be among those who “suppose they know of themselves” (2 Nephi 9:28) and assume
that God’s servant who appears in these verses is the prophet Joseph Smith, or that church members in general constitute those “servants,” a little searching of the scriptures might be in order.

First, these events occur when “the end draweth nigh, and this is for the last time that I shall prune my vineyard” (Jacob 5:62, 64).
Second, the servants are to “begin at the last that they may be first, and that the first may be last” (Jacob 5:63); in so doing they are to “prepare the way” for the natural fruit (Jacob 5:61, 64).
And third, “the last time, that the servants of the Lord shall go forth in his power, to nourish and prune his vineyard” is “the day that he shall set his hand again the second time to recover his people,” after which “the end soon cometh” (Jacob 6:2).

Because the scriptures define “the end” as the end of the world (Daniel 12:4, 9; Matthew 24:3, 14; 1 Nephi 14:22; Moses 7:67), and because the trees’ most bitter branches are “cast into the fire” at the end of the world (Jacob 5:66; 6:3), and because the last being first and the first, last refers to the scattered house of Israel being “gathered in from the four quarters of the earth, and from the north countries” (Ether 13:11–12), and because the Lord’s “setting his hand again the second time” ushers in the end of the world,
the above events are still future.

They start with God’s endtime servant: “In that day the sprig of Jesse, who stands for an ensign to the peoples, shall be sought by the nations, and his rest shall be glorious.
In that day my Lord will set his hand again the second time to reclaim the remnant of his people—those who shall be left out of Assyria, Egypt, Pathros, Cush, Elam, Shinar, Hamath, and the islands of the sea. He will raise the ensign to the nations and assemble the exiled of Israel; he will gather the scattered of Judah from the four directions of the earth” (Isaiah 11:10–12; emphasis added).

As “a descendant of Jesse, as well as of Joseph, unto whom rightly belongs the priesthood, and the keys of the kingdom, for an ensign, and for the gathering of my people in the last days” (Doctrine & Covenants 113:6), the “sprig” of Jesse (Hebrew sores, also “graft” or “root”) gathers Israel in a new exodus at the end of the world that resembles Israel’s ancient exodus out of Egypt: “And there shall be a pathway out of Assyria for the remnant of his people who shall be left, as there was for Israel when it came up from the land of Egypt” (Isaiah 11:16; cf. 51:9–11).

Word links to Isaiah 11:10–12—and thus to Jacob 6:2—identify God’s servants who “go forth in his power” to graft Israel’s natural branches into their own olive tree as the spiritual kings and queens of the Gentiles who prepare the way for Jehovah’s coming. “I will lift up my hand to the Gentiles, raise my ensign to the peoples; and they will bring your sons in their bosoms and carry your daughters on their shoulders. Kings shall be your foster fathers, queens your nursing mothers” (Isaiah 49:22–23; emphasis added; cf. Isaiah 62:10–11; 2 Nephi 10:7–9).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isaiah 11
As an ensign to the nations Jehovah’s servant gathers a remnant of Israel and Judah in a new exodus.

1 A shoot will spring up from the stock of Jesse
and a branch from its graft bear fruit.

While chapter 10 ends with imagery depicting the archtyrant’s hewing down trees, chapter 11 begins with tree imagery infused with hope. The tree that represents Jehovah’s people, however—viably an olive tree (Jeremiah 11:16; Hosea 14:5-6)—doesn’t at first bear fruit, at least not good fruit (cf. Isaiah 5:1-2). The horticultural process Isaiah describes shows that its purpose is to cause the tree again to “bear fruit” (yipreh). While its “stock” or “trunk” (geza‘) is identified with Jesse, the father of King David, the “shoot,” “watersprout,” or “sucker” (hoter) that springs from it is wild by nature.

The third member of Isaiah’s olive tree allegory is the “branch” (neser) that “bears fruit,” representing the final stage of a threefold process. In effect, when an olive tree no longer bears good fruit it can (1) be cut down, or (2) kept growing if one or more limbs show signs of life. In this case, such a limb is the watersprout, the kind of shoot that grows straight up from a tree’s trunk but doesn’t itself bear fruit. For that reason, farmers lop them off in the spring. If the watersprout can keep the tree alive, however, then it may be permitted to grow until it becomes sufficiently strong to support a graft.

Isaiah provides a clue to the identity of the branch in the “sprig,” “root,” or “graft” (sores) of verse 10. When grafted into the shoot or watersprout, the sprig—a tame olive tree variety—may eventually grow into a fruit-bearing branch and become a newly regenerated tree. As does the sprig (v 10) that becomes the branch (v 1), the stock and shoot represent persons instrumental in empowering the tree—Jehovah’s covenant people—to again bear fruit. Because of the principle of “the one and the many,” each individual additionally represents the people associated with his particular phase of the process.

A shoot will spring up from the stock of Jesse. The wild nature of the shoot or watersprout suggests a connection with the Gentiles who interact with Israel’s ethnic lineages (cf. Romans 11). Certain kings and queens of the Gentiles, for example, play a key role in the end-time restoration of Jehovah’s people: “Thus says my Lord Jehovah: ‘I will lift up my hand to the Gentiles, raise my ensign to the peoples; and they will bring your sons in their bosoms and carry your daughters on their shoulders. Kings shall be your foster fathers, queens your nursing mothers’” (Isaiah 49:22-23; emphasis added).

The assimilation of many Israelites into the Gentile nations following Israel’s ancient exile has led to two kinds of end-time lineages of Jehovah’s people: (1) ethnic; and (2) assimilated. The wild nature of the shoot suggests an identity with Israel’s assimilated lineages. While these keep the tree alive, in the end they bear no fruit and are mostly cut off so that the sprig may be grafted in. In that case, the assimilated lineages who are cut off represent Jehovah’s people who are destroyed in his Day of Judgment, while the assimilated lineages who sustain the graft are the kings and queens of the Gentiles.

The identity of the shoot, stock, and branch appears from clues in Isaiah’s olive tree allegory. The words “of Jesse” (vv 1, 10) yield a Davidic and messianic identity for all three individuals. The sprig that is grafted into the shoot—which becomes the fruit-bearing branch—is Jehovah’s end-time servant who represents Israel’s ethnic lineages (vv 10-12; Isaiah 4:2). The shoot into which the sprig is grafted—that does not, in the end, bear fruit—is a servant of Jehovah who represents Israel’s assimilated lineages. The stock is Jehovah, who represents his people Israel as a whole (cf. Isaiah 53:2).

10 In that day the sprig of Jesse,who stands for an ensign to the peoples,
shall be sought by the nations, and his rest shall be glorious.

The appearance of the millennial passage (vv 2-9) between twin predictions of a descendant of Jesse (vv 1, 10) infers that he is instrumental in preparing the way for Jehovah’s millennial peace. The “sprig,” “root,” or “graft” (sores) of Jesse—which represents the early or grafting phase of the branch that bears fruit (v 1)—serves as Jehovah’s “ensign” (nes) to the “peoples” or “nations” (‘ammim) in rallying the “nations” or “Gentiles” (goyim) to Jehovah’s standard. For the branch to bear fruit and the millennial peace to begin, a righteous people of God must first be born (Isaiah 55:3-5; 66:7-12).

While the sprig of Jesse—Jehovah’s servant and son—inherits a “throne of David” on the model of King Hezekiah (Isaiah 9:6-7; 16:4-5), he does so only after restoring Jehovah’s people. The restorative events in which he is instrumental—their release from bondage, new exodus to Zion, wandering in the wilderness, and conquest, inheritance, and rebuilding of promised lands—typify all prophecies that deal with Jehovah’s servant (Isaiah 7:14-15, 21-22; 9:1-7; 11:10-16; 41:2-20, 25-27; 42:1-7; 43:2-8; 44:26-28; 45:1-4, 13; 46:11-13; 48:13-16; 49:1-26; 50:4-11; 51:9-11; 52:7-15; 55:3-5, 12).

His rest shall be glorious. Upon fulfilling his mission as Jehovah’s ensign to the nations—rallying the scattered remnants of Jehovah’s people to repent of transgression and return from dispersion—the servant receives as an inheritance a glorious “rest.” That rest is Jehovah’s rest (Deuteronomy 12:9-11), the place where Jehovah dwells (Isaiah 66:1)—Mount Zion (Psalm 132:13-14; Isaiah 8:18; 24:23). While the wicked of Jehovah’s people refuse to enter into his rest (Isaiah 28:12; 57:20-21; Hebrews 3:11, 18), those whom the servant gathers to Zion do enter into his rest (Isaiah 12:6; 32:16-20).

11 In that day my Lord will again braiseb his handto reclaim the remnant of his people—those who shall be left out of Assyria,Egypt, Pathros, Cush, Elam, Shinar, Hamath,and the islands of the sea.
12 He will raise the ensign to the nationsand assemble the exiled of Israel;he will gather the scattered of Judahfrom the four directions of the earth.

Parallel verses identify Jehovah’s “ensign” (nes) who rallies his people to return from exile (v 12) with Jehovah’s “hand” (yad) that reclaims them (v 11). The same synonymous parallelism occurs elsewhere: “I will lift up my hand to the nations, raise my ensign to the peoples” (Isaiah 49:22; emphasis added). A remnant of Jehovah’s people, of both Israel and Judah, returns from throughout the earth (Isaiah 43:5-6; 49:12) when Jehovah raises up his servant—his hand and ensign—to form a new nation of his people “in that day” (vv 10-11)—Jehovah’s Day of Judgment (Isaiah 55:3-5; 66:7-8).

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

In case anyone is interested, this popped up on my Youtube feed.

Someone within the Doctrine of Christ group is going on that Disciple of Christ show to ask questions about Phil Davis in 5 hours according to the video timer. So I think this will be some sort of streamed question and answer session

CMajor
captain of 100

Post by CMajor »

IcedKoffee wrote: April 11th, 2022, 10:33 am As the person who helped Phil Davis build the sub group that would later become the DOC group. I suppose there’s no one more qualified to speak on this topic then myself. I’m the person who posted the controversial topic about my meeting with Enzio Buche.

Phil Davis is the friend who invited me to that meeting. He gave me his permission to use his name last year. There were others in attendance who wish to remain anonymous so for that reason I won’t be discussing any further details. Feel free to reach out to Phil for his side of the story.

I’ve also been a long time lurker here on the forum. One of my last posts was titled “what if the mark of the beast is a vaccine” Under the username Ikinessi back in 2011.

viewtopic.php?t=16369

Phil and I had a business relationship before he began holding meetings and preaching full time. As some of of you may already know Phil was the co-creator of a high end chocolate factory in downtown Provo. At the time I had an ice cream business that I was trying to get off the ground. I approached Phil about doing business together, and he allowed me to begin producing ice cream out of his chocolate factory. A year later Phil began teaching me about the doctrines of the Second Comforter, BOFHG….etc…etc! Shortly after, Phil would invite me to tag along with him on his teaching engagements. He would teach the lesson and then ask me to share my spiritual experiences, and testimony. This would lay the foundation for the sub group.

I’d like to take this time to speak to the Members of the DOC group directly. Aside from those of you who know me personally I imagine some of you have heard about me by now. Before the group turned into what it currently is our primary focus was on helping people to receive their BOFHG and 2C. Little by little Phil began prepping us for the idea that Joseph Smith would be returning soon. Almost immediately our focus shifted from Jesus Christ to Joseph Smith. The changes in the spirit were glaringly obvious to many of us. So much so, that many of the original group members ended up leaving.

We began drifting further and further away from our original intent. Which was to help people break free from IDOLATRY! Regardless of whoever you believe the servant is or isn’t. When the FAKES COME SWARMING IN the only way you will be able to discern the difference will be based on your relationship with Jesus Christ alone. Looking to anyone but Jesus is idolatry. Teaching people that Joseph is coming back before they’ve even received the Holy Ghost is only setting them up for failure in my opinion. I’m not asking you guys to believe in what I believe or to stop believing in what you believe. I’m only asking that you fix your gaze back upon Jesus. I know my words don’t carry much weight within Phil’s group anymore but as the co founder of the sub group I felt that I needed to say something. I enjoyed the movie, and I watch your videos from time to time. You guys seem to be doing some great things. But many of us who have since parted ways with Phil are very concerned as to where this group is heading. I hope you guys understand that I am reaching out to you as a brother in Christ. Tell Phil I’m here if he ever wants to catch up. I know he’s catching a lot of flack these days but maybe this is a good opportunity to reflect and reevaluate something’s. Take care and God bless!
Back in 2012 to 2016 I attended these prep fairs, most were in Orem. That's where I met Chad Daybell. He had written 20-25 fictional books about the last days. Owned his own publishing company and also published books by other authors. Julie Rowe, Suzanne Freeman, etc. I believe he was so flattered when the organizers asked him to speak at these fairs...at lunch time he'd go to lunch with 5 or more adoring women fans. He became a star and it went to his head. In court he stated his income at 325K per year. Lori could see $$$ and Chad was husband #5, and the thrill of new love.
I honestly don't believe he killed her kids and buried them on his own property? How dumb is that. I can see Lori's brother Alex carrying out Lori's instructions- because if I'm going down I'm taking Chad with me. Chad probably did do in his wife however. Fame can be a killer. Which brings us to AVOW, egg all over their faces, Christopher's inner circle. Chad was his main writer.
I'll confess to an unhealthy addiction to that website until the nuclear fallout began with the Daybell affair. Christopher said he was cooperating with the FBI, giving them access to AVOW. It appeared like 2/3 of the subscribers were running for the exits.
At the fair there was another author who wrote about the Heavenly signs of the coming of Christ. He was lecturing in Lehi on Wednesday nights, so I decided to go. There was another AVOW member I recognized. In the crowd was one man who had a voice that belonged on a radio station. After the meeting, I was introduced to the voice...Phil Davis.
I asked if he'd tell me his BofFHG. What he described was so spectacular, and yet so confusing that any other experience anyone else had would be dull by comparison. This was in 2017.
I attended 2 lectures and they were done for the year. Another friend invited me to join a telegram group of about 13 -15 people. It was OK, and then one of the members (D) asked if we'd like to listen to a podcast about seeing Christ. It was Phil Davis. I was surprised that what I would consider a sacred experience would be shared on a podcast? It sounded like the perfect appearance, almost too perfect. I have other close personal friends whose experiences were all different. I suppose everyone would have a different experience. None of my friends were expecting to see what they saw, and all were carried away in the spirit. It is definitely on the Lord's timing and never your own. He picks the time and place.
Well later "D" asked if we could meet and discuss something exciting (lol) So on a sunday afternoon in 2020 I went to meet D at his house in far away Provo. Kinda hard to find but made it there. Inside was one other person, yep, Phil Davis.
I reminded him I had met him 3 years previous in Lehi. I noticed the lower basement was filled with what I would say were bulk prep items. 7-8 axes, lanterns, all kinds of boxes piled everywhere. A didgeridoo, animal hides, and of course a picture of Jesus in Gethsemane.
Phil said everything that is posted on this thread. I was amazed that he was the only one in 150 years that noticed the Priesthood had been taken from the earth...?

He talked about Joseph Smith being the last days servant, while I give him my complete attention. And then I said I disagree, and gave him my ideas that his name would be 'John' and the reasons why. He sat opposite me and was yawning several times, looking at the floor, looking everywhere but at me as though I was boring him to death...lol.

I used to have a brother in law whose personality was exactly like Phil's. I wholly agree with Isbell's assessment. He doesn't like to be challenged, as D told me heading out to my car. I'm thinking, what are the odds of running into Phil in 2 separate places....

Like I said before, he has a great authoritative voice and I would guess likes having the world revolve around him.

Nice to see connections with Mike Stroud, that was a surprise...in the same venue, sparks flying.

In the canyon behind the Manti Temple, are two more temple foundations. In the tunnels under the Manti temple are paintings in color. Many canyons in Utah had ancient temples. This according to Kent Smith, CMajor and the Utah Ancient Research Foundation. Preserving Utah's real history.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

CMajor wrote: September 4th, 2022, 7:36 am Back in 2012 to 2016 I attended these prep fairs, most were in Orem. That's where I met Chad Daybell. He had written 20-25 fictional books about the last days. Owned his own publishing company and also published books by other authors. Julie Rowe, Suzanne Freeman, etc. I believe he was so flattered when the organizers asked him to speak at these fairs...at lunch time he'd go to lunch with 5 or more adoring women fans. He became a star and it went to his head. In court he stated his income at 325K per year. Lori could see $$$ and Chad was husband #5, and the thrill of new love.
I honestly don't believe he killed her kids and buried them on his own property? How dumb is that. I can see Lori's brother Alex carrying out Lori's instructions- because if I'm going down I'm taking Chad with me. Chad probably did do in his wife however. Fame can be a killer. Which brings us to AVOW, egg all over their faces, Christopher's inner circle. Chad was his main writer.
I'll confess to an unhealthy addiction to that website until the nuclear fallout began with the Daybell affair. Christopher said he was cooperating with the FBI, giving them access to AVOW. It appeared like 2/3 of the subscribers were running for the exits.
At the fair there was another author who wrote about the Heavenly signs of the coming of Christ. He was lecturing in Lehi on Wednesday nights, so I decided to go. There was another AVOW member I recognized. In the crowd was one man who had a voice that belonged on a radio station. After the meeting, I was introduced to the voice...Phil Davis.
I asked if he'd tell me his BofFHG. What he described was so spectacular, and yet so confusing that any other experience anyone else had would be dull by comparison. This was in 2017.
I attended 2 lectures and they were done for the year. Another friend invited me to join a telegram group of about 13 -15 people. It was OK, and then one of the members (D) asked if we'd like to listen to a podcast about seeing Christ. It was Phil Davis. I was surprised that what I would consider a sacred experience would be shared on a podcast? It sounded like the perfect appearance, almost too perfect. I have other close personal friends whose experiences were all different. I suppose everyone would have a different experience. None of my friends were expecting to see what they saw, and all were carried away in the spirit. It is definitely on the Lord's timing and never your own. He picks the time and place.
Well later "D" asked if we could meet and discuss something exciting (lol) So on a sunday afternoon in 2020 I went to meet D at his house in far away Provo. Kinda hard to find but made it there. Inside was one other person, yep, Phil Davis.
I reminded him I had met him 3 years previous in Lehi. I noticed the lower basement was filled with what I would say were bulk prep items. 7-8 axes, lanterns, all kinds of boxes piled everywhere. A didgeridoo, animal hides, and of course a picture of Jesus in Gethsemane.
Phil said everything that is posted on this thread. I was amazed that he was the only one in 150 years that noticed the Priesthood had been taken from the earth...?

He talked about Joseph Smith being the last days servant, while I give him my complete attention. And then I said I disagree, and gave him my ideas that his name would be 'John' and the reasons why. He sat opposite me and was yawning several times, looking at the floor, looking everywhere but at me as though I was boring him to death...lol.

I used to have a brother in law whose personality was exactly like Phil's. I wholly agree with Isbell's assessment. He doesn't like to be challenged, as D told me heading out to my car. I'm thinking, what are the odds of running into Phil in 2 separate places....

Like I said before, he has a great authoritative voice and I would guess likes having the world revolve around him.

Nice to see connections with Mike Stroud, that was a surprise...in the same venue, sparks flying.

In the canyon behind the Manti Temple, are two more temple foundations. In the tunnels under the Manti temple are paintings in color. Many canyons in Utah had ancient temples. This according to Kent Smith, CMajor and the Utah Ancient Research Foundation. Preserving Utah's real history.
I’ve had similar experiences. I was on AVOW with the hole crazy town show with Chad. I even tried defending him once. Thinking that a man such as himself could never do this, and that more details would be forthcoming. That’s what Christopher was saying and it sounded reasonable. And holy cow, all crap broke loose. I couldn’t have left that group faster.

I’ve heard in recent years with the plandemic that you can’t question the leaders of the church about the jab.

With Phil, we (my son and I) had a video call w/ him and a few others. He definitely fits the personality you described.

investigator
captain of 100

Post by investigator »

BuriedTartaria wrote: September 4th, 2022, 12:00 am In case anyone is interested, this popped up on my Youtube feed.

Someone within the Doctrine of Christ group is going on that Disciple of Christ show to ask questions about Phil Davis in 5 hours according to the video timer. So I think this will be some sort of streamed question and answer session
Phil was caught with his pants down, literally. Go to minute 52 of this video. :shock:

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

investigator wrote: September 4th, 2022, 12:53 pm Phil was caught with his pants down, literally. Go to minute 52 of this video. :shock:
WTH did I just listen to? :o

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

CMajor wrote: September 4th, 2022, 7:36 am
IcedKoffee wrote: April 11th, 2022, 10:33 am As the person who helped Phil Davis build the sub group that would later become the DOC group. I suppose there’s no one more qualified to speak on this topic then myself. I’m the person who posted the controversial topic about my meeting with Enzio Buche.

Phil Davis is the friend who invited me to that meeting. He gave me his permission to use his name last year. There were others in attendance who wish to remain anonymous so for that reason I won’t be discussing any further details. Feel free to reach out to Phil for his side of the story.

I’ve also been a long time lurker here on the forum. One of my last posts was titled “what if the mark of the beast is a vaccine” Under the username Ikinessi back in 2011.

viewtopic.php?t=16369

Phil and I had a business relationship before he began holding meetings and preaching full time. As some of of you may already know Phil was the co-creator of a high end chocolate factory in downtown Provo. At the time I had an ice cream business that I was trying to get off the ground. I approached Phil about doing business together, and he allowed me to begin producing ice cream out of his chocolate factory. A year later Phil began teaching me about the doctrines of the Second Comforter, BOFHG….etc…etc! Shortly after, Phil would invite me to tag along with him on his teaching engagements. He would teach the lesson and then ask me to share my spiritual experiences, and testimony. This would lay the foundation for the sub group.

I’d like to take this time to speak to the Members of the DOC group directly. Aside from those of you who know me personally I imagine some of you have heard about me by now. Before the group turned into what it currently is our primary focus was on helping people to receive their BOFHG and 2C. Little by little Phil began prepping us for the idea that Joseph Smith would be returning soon. Almost immediately our focus shifted from Jesus Christ to Joseph Smith. The changes in the spirit were glaringly obvious to many of us. So much so, that many of the original group members ended up leaving.

We began drifting further and further away from our original intent. Which was to help people break free from IDOLATRY! Regardless of whoever you believe the servant is or isn’t. When the FAKES COME SWARMING IN the only way you will be able to discern the difference will be based on your relationship with Jesus Christ alone. Looking to anyone but Jesus is idolatry. Teaching people that Joseph is coming back before they’ve even received the Holy Ghost is only setting them up for failure in my opinion. I’m not asking you guys to believe in what I believe or to stop believing in what you believe. I’m only asking that you fix your gaze back upon Jesus. I know my words don’t carry much weight within Phil’s group anymore but as the co founder of the sub group I felt that I needed to say something. I enjoyed the movie, and I watch your videos from time to time. You guys seem to be doing some great things. But many of us who have since parted ways with Phil are very concerned as to where this group is heading. I hope you guys understand that I am reaching out to you as a brother in Christ. Tell Phil I’m here if he ever wants to catch up. I know he’s catching a lot of flack these days but maybe this is a good opportunity to reflect and reevaluate something’s. Take care and God bless!
Back in 2012 to 2016 I attended these prep fairs, most were in Orem. That's where I met Chad Daybell. He had written 20-25 fictional books about the last days. Owned his own publishing company and also published books by other authors. Julie Rowe, Suzanne Freeman, etc. I believe he was so flattered when the organizers asked him to speak at these fairs...at lunch time he'd go to lunch with 5 or more adoring women fans. He became a star and it went to his head. In court he stated his income at 325K per year. Lori could see $$$ and Chad was husband #5, and the thrill of new love.

I know just how you feel -
this pretty much describes my conversations in this forum with Shawn Henry
talking about Joseph Smith being the last days servant.
and then - well to quote you exactly -
"And then I said I disagree, and gave him my ideas that his name would be 'John' and the reasons why.
This is how it's been with him.
They all seem to reflect Phil.

Alexander
the Great
Location: amongst the brotherhood of the Black Robed Regiment; cocked hat and cocked rifle

Post by Alexander »

investigator wrote: September 4th, 2022, 12:53 pm
BuriedTartaria wrote: September 4th, 2022, 12:00 am In case anyone is interested, this popped up on my Youtube feed.

Phil was caught with his pants down, literally. Go to minute 52 of this video. :shock:
😳 wtf

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Hold on… there is a recording of Phil Davis masturbating? How on earth did that get out?

And it seems like Jacob IsBell has turned on Phil in the short space of a few weeks. Not long ago I was watching an interview where he was defending him to the death.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

Luke wrote: September 4th, 2022, 4:37 pm Hold on… there is a recording of Phil Davis masturbating? How on earth did that get out?

And it seems like Jacob IsBell has turned on Phil in the short space of a few weeks. Not long ago I was watching an interview where he was defending him to the death.
Seems many of those closest to him have either been kicked out or outright left since the beginning of this year.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: September 4th, 2022, 4:40 pm
Luke wrote: September 4th, 2022, 4:37 pm Hold on… there is a recording of Phil Davis masturbating? How on earth did that get out?

Seems many of those closest to him have either been kicked out or outright left since the beginning of this year.
Seems that everything has been imploding in his circle only just recently.

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

Wow... This group/thing (Phil Davis') turned into a dumpster fire. I'm listening to the part about his problem caught either on video or on audio. This is the fate of those claiming to be latter-day messengers/servants/prophets. If you are lying, you will be exposed.

I really hope this embarrassment buries and ends the situation rather than escalating it. I'm sure many in the DoC group are solid people. Take the good you could from this experience and move on. Keep your eye out for true messengers and stay in safe circles.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

BuriedTartaria wrote: September 4th, 2022, 4:43 pm Wow... This group/thing (Phil Davis') turned into a dumpster fire. I'm listening to the part about his problem caught either on video or on audio. This is the fate of those claiming to be latter-day messengers/servants/prophets. If you are lying, you will be exposed.

I really hope this embarrassment buries and ends the situation rather than escalating it. I'm sure many in the DoC group are solid people. Take the good you could from this experience and move on. Keep your eye out for true messengers and stay in safe circles.
so does anyone know if Phil is married ? gay maybe ?

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

Being There wrote: September 7th, 2022, 12:02 am

so does anyone know if Phil is married ? gay maybe ?
He is not married. Judging off the captured audio (maybe it was audio and visual?) from a Zoom call he thought he had disconnected from, it sounds like he's straight with a very dominating heart (and hypocritical in his framing that he reached a level of morality that causes the Lord to minister to a mortal on this side of veil, the complete firmness in mind for righteousness the Book of Mormon refers to) no idea if he's more than that (gay).

Most aren't trying to kick a guy while he is down or make fun of an embarrassing incident (some probably are). He was claiming the role of prophet or at least a servant who has encounters with the other side. Does a Nephi-like figure or A Daniel-like servant of the Lord indulge in certain appetites or are they completely above such conduct? I think most of us feel those sort of figures are above certain conduct. This is a fitting end for someone lying about being such a cleansed vessel that the Lord ministers to him and is using him profoundly for the redemption of Zion.

This guy was leading "school of the prophets" retreats and wise gurus in Mormondom were following him, believing they were being led to an enlightening that would allow them to commune through the veil.

Whether or not Snuffer's claims are true, I can not believe this guy framed Denver as a false prophet. If Denver is only one thing, it's sincere in virtue. The DoC group is DOA while the remnant group continues on.

Denver wrote: I can also warn you that all the churches of Mormonism, from the LDS to the
Community of Christ, to the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day
Saints, and all the offshoots, including the pretenders who now seek to get a
following by their pretended enlightenment; all of them are working at cross
purposes to what the Lord is doing.
If they, or you, want to please the Lord you will
assist the labor we are performing. None else, and no-one else, are doing the Lord’s
work, vindicating His covenants, fulfilling His promises, and laboring alongside Him.
We have a covenant from Him, given in 2017 that promises us His protecting hand.
If you follow Christ as Lord, then you will support our work: for it is His work.
Denver wrote: In 2014, God revoked the authority of the LDS hierarchy. In the ensuing few years, that
institution has continually stumbled into darkness and disarray, with their temples closed
and services altogether interrupted for a year. They have voluntarily altered and
abandoned parts of their temple rites. They have voluntarily chosen to destroy the original
Salt Lake Temple and replace it with a modern substitute lacking the original symbolism
and meaning. They have continually surrendered to popular opinion and increasingly
adopted the worldly agenda of accepting sexual confusion, political intolerance, and
censorship of opinion. When viewed as trends, it becomes apparent the LDS Church’s
leadership is rapidly moving in a direction contrary to its original roots

The trillion dollar institution had authority wrested from it and is becoming deeper ingrained with the agenda of TPTB and pretenders are being exposed.
Haters can back off and show an ounce of courtesy and polite agreement to disagree for the "small thing" of the Lord occurring in these last days.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

This video is crazy! I mean the part about him being caught at the end of a zoom call "violently pleasuring himself"!! What the heck?! I was not expecting that! LOL
I'm glad to see that my discernment/intuition was correct, as I've never been attracted to what Phil was teaching or his group. I mentioned somewhere in this forum that his 2015 account of seeing Christ seemed like a made up story to me.

Redpilled Mormon
captain of 100

Post by Redpilled Mormon »

Wolfwoman wrote: September 7th, 2022, 7:34 pm

This video is crazy! I mean the part about him being caught at the end of a zoom call "violently pleasuring himself"!! What the heck?! I was not expecting that! LOL
I'm glad to see that my discernment/intuition was correct, as I've never been attracted to what Phil was teaching or his group. I mentioned somewhere in this forum that his 2015 account of seeing Christ seemed like a made up story to me.
I quite like Jacob Isbel, though I've never met him, but I did take issue with the comment that Phil might be so dark that repentance was impossible. He doubled down on that description, too. I don't believe that can possibly be true, since it would suggest Christ's atonement isn't enough for some people.

That's a nitpick though. It was still an interesting video.