Nelson, the awesomest temple announcer

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Re: Nelson, the awesomest temple announcer

Post by SempiternalHarbinger »

Alexander wrote: July 23rd, 2022, 5:05 pm
Hosea 8
14 For Israel hath forgotten his Maker, and buildeth temples; and Judah hath multiplied fenced cities: but I will send a fire upon his cities, and it shall devour the palaces thereof.

Jeremiah 7
4 Trust ye not in lying words, saying, The temple of the Lord, The temple of the Lord, The temple of the Lord, are these.
Yep, one of many examples of history repeating itself. The Jews during Jeremiah and Lehi's time were distracted and fully consumed in building temples, and history shows that it didn't turn out all too well for Jews. That's right, they were destroyed along with their temples.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

“You may be wondering when you will be able to return to the temple. Answer: Your temple will be open when local government regulations allow it. When the incidence of COVID-19 in your area is within safe limits, your temple will be reopened. Do all you can to bring COVID numbers down in your area so that your temple opportunities can increase.“
Russell Nelson April 2021

Remember when governments “allowed” us to gather in churches and temples but the church wouldn’t allow it and they were stricter than the government? Or when they were only allowing small numbers but the rest of certain states it didn’t matter the group size?
When your church is stricter than your government, something is wrong.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Mindfields wrote: July 27th, 2022, 5:08 pm
Lizzy60 wrote: July 23rd, 2022, 7:16 am President Nelson has announced the intention of building 100 temples since he was installed as president of the LDS church in 2018.

“ President Nelson has announced 100 new temples since he became leader of the Church in 2018. With this latest announcement, the Church now has 282 total temples worldwide in operation, under construction or renovation, or announced.”

So in four years, he has announced 100 temples. Have you wondered how the temple building is coming along? Yes, I know, covid and supply chains, et al. But how many temples today do not have a location (piece of land on which to build the announced temple)? One doesn’t need supply chains to buy a piece of land. Covid did not shut down real estate acquisitions.

So that number? The number of temples that currently do not have a building site announced?

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/tem ... t?lang=eng
"Statistics were just as much a fantasy in their original version as in their rectified version. A great deal of the time you were expected to make them up out of your head. For example, the Ministry of Plenty's forecast had estimated the output of boots for the quarter at one-hundred-and-forty-five million pairs. The actual output was given as sixty-two millions. Winston, however, in rewriting the forecast, marked the figure down to fifty-seven millions, so as to allow for the usual claim that the quota had been overfulfilled. In any case, sixty-two millions was no nearer the truth than fifty-seven millions, or than one-hundred-and-forty-five millions. Very likely no boots had been produced at all. Likelier still, nobody knew how many had been produced, much less cared. All one knew was that every quarter astronomical numbers of boots were produced on paper, while perhaps half the population of Oceania went barefoot. And so it was with every class of recorded fact, great or small. Everything faded away into a shadow-world in which, finally, even the date of the year had become uncertain. "

Nineteen Eighty-Four - George Orwell
Oh my gosh, this is the EXACT world we live in.... This same exact principle exhibited by all 'global' organizations, including global churches. Look at the good we do!!! We give 20 million there and 3 million there and we give 20 tons of food, etc....my gosh how can people not see this???? All the global corps do the same garbage. ALL OF THEM. They look good on paper but their fruits are rotten. Thank goodness for the scriptures and for seers like Orwell.

Narnia
captain of 50

Post by Narnia »

BroJones wrote: July 23rd, 2022, 6:19 pm
Artaxerxes wrote: July 23rd, 2022, 11:53 am
CuriousThinker wrote: July 23rd, 2022, 10:52 am
Subcomandante wrote: July 23rd, 2022, 8:48 am

When a temple is remarked as being "under construction" like in the site, it should be surmised that land is clearly available and it is being built on. That's common sense and you should know better.

The reason why "No Location Available" is because the temple is not finished yet.

You have to be able to do a breakdown of the temples.
I disagree about your assessment of what "no location available " means. There are plenty of buildings in my area and the location of the building is available. It may not be open, but signs say things like "future location". So, clearly the location is available even while under construction.
As people have pointed out, there has been groundbreaking already on some of the places that are listed as "no location available." OP is just not true.

Screenshot_20220723-105644.png

Screenshot_20220723-105623.png
"Location not available" does not mean thet the site of the temple is unknown (necessarily). It means that the temple there is not yet dedicated and available for use. It does not say "no location available" but rather "location [i.e., temple ] not available" for use. Americanism, I think.
I agree. I know the land of two announced temples has been acquired decades ago. But, they are listed as "location not available".

TwochurchesOnly
captain of 1,000

Post by TwochurchesOnly »

Mamabear wrote: July 28th, 2022, 8:36 am “You may be wondering when you will be able to return to the temple. Answer: Your temple will be open when local government regulations allow it. When the incidence of COVID-19 in your area is within safe limits, your temple will be reopened. Do all you can to bring COVID numbers down in your area so that your temple opportunities can increase.“

Remember when governments “allowed” us to gather in churches and temples but the church wouldn’t allow it and they were stricter than the government? Or when they were only allowing small numbers but the rest of certain states it didn’t matter the group size?
[/quote

🤥😡creepy when he said that ---still creepy
I remember thinking "WHAT??? That's not right, We have no control over the " numbers"!! I don't want any temple opportunities
Last edited by TwochurchesOnly on July 28th, 2022, 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mala_Suerte
captain of 100

Post by Mala_Suerte »

Lizzy60 wrote: July 23rd, 2022, 7:16 am President Nelson has announced the intention of building 100 temples since he was installed as president of the LDS church in 2018.

“ President Nelson has announced 100 new temples since he became leader of the Church in 2018. With this latest announcement, the Church now has 282 total temples worldwide in operation, under construction or renovation, or announced.”

So in four years, he has announced 100 temples. Have you wondered how the temple building is coming along? Yes, I know, covid and supply chains, et al. But how many temples today do not have a location (piece of land on which to build the announced temple)? One doesn’t need supply chains to buy a piece of land. Covid did not shut down real estate acquisitions.

So that number? The number of temples that currently do not have a building site announced?

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/tem ... t?lang=eng
Your number isn't accurate. There are 28 temples, for example, that show the combination under construction and "location not available". The following temples are under construction/"location not available", yet a simple web search finds news stories w/ pics and locations of each: Antofagasta Chile, Auckland New Zealand, Bacolod Philippines, Bengaluru India, Bentonville Arkansas, Brasília Brazil, Casper Wyoming, Cobán Guatemala, Deseret Peak Utah, Davao Philippines, Feather River California, Helena MT, Layton UT, McAllen TX, Mendoza Argentina, Moses Lake WA, Neiafu Tonga, Okinawa, Orem, Pago Pago, Phnom Penh Cambodia, Pittsburgh PA, Redcliffs UT, Richmond VA, Salta Argentina, Salvador Brazil, San Pedro Sula Honduras, and Tallahassee FL. In other words, all temples listed as under construction and "location not available" actually have a location and are indeed under construction.

I'm guessing whoever is in charge of that database simply isn't updating it.

Despite what many think, the Church either buys or has an option to buy multiple properties in areas where it plans to build temples or any other building. The Church will announce a new building in an area w/o having predetermined which parcel it plans to use.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

TwochurchesOnly wrote: July 28th, 2022, 9:51 pm
Mamabear wrote: July 28th, 2022, 8:36 am “You may be wondering when you will be able to return to the temple. Answer: Your temple will be open when local government regulations allow it. When the incidence of COVID-19 in your area is within safe limits, your temple will be reopened. Do all you can to bring COVID numbers down in your area so that your temple opportunities can increase.“

[/quote

🤥😡creepy when he said that ---still creepy
I remember thinking "WHAT??? That's not right, We have no control over the " numbers"!! I don't want any temple opportunities
Same. When I heard him say that, I had this awful feeling wash over me. The way he said it was very creepy….he sounded like Biden or a governor. I knew then something was very wrong. And our ward had been playing gestapo very well also. The August email was the nail in the coffin for me.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Elguapo4538 wrote: July 27th, 2022, 5:18 pm
Mindfields wrote: July 23rd, 2022, 7:23 am It's all about his legacy and his feud with Hinckley.
What's your source for this? Sounds like something I'd be interested in
Hinckley famously slapped Nelson down for his obsession with the word Mormon. This was around thirty years ago.

See here:
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... d?lang=eng

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Niemand wrote: July 29th, 2022, 6:41 am
Elguapo4538 wrote: July 27th, 2022, 5:18 pm
Mindfields wrote: July 23rd, 2022, 7:23 am It's all about his legacy and his feud with Hinckley.
What's your source for this? Sounds like something I'd be interested in
Hinckley famously slapped Nelson down for his obsession with the word Mormon. This was around thirty years ago.

See here:
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... d?lang=eng
From this same talk linked👍
More than fifty years ago, when I was a missionary in England, I said to one of my associates, “How can we get people, including our own members, to speak of the Church by its proper name?”

He replied, “You can’t. The word Mormon is too deeply ingrained and too easy to say.” He went on, “I’ve quit trying. While I’m thankful for the privilege of being a follower of Jesus Christ and a member of the Church which bears His name, I am not ashamed of the nickname Mormon.”

“Look,” he went on to say, “if there is any name that is totally honorable in its derivation, it is the name Mormon. And so, when someone asks me about it and what it means, I quietly say—‘Mormon means more good.’” (The Prophet Joseph Smith first said this in 1843; see Times and Seasons, 4:194; Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, pp. 299–300.)

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

This feud about the name of the church is the least of my worries w/ Hinckley. The fact that he cowered and failed to uncover the corruption of 9/11 was confusing to me. I couldn't wrap my head around why the church wasn't speaking up. After learning more about him, I believe I understand why he was capitulating. He was a true wolf.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: July 29th, 2022, 9:25 am This feud about the name of the church is the least of my worries w/ Hinckley. The fact that he cowered and failed to uncover the corruption of 9/11 was confusing to me. I couldn't wrap my head around why the church wasn't speaking up. After learning more about him, I believe I understand why he was capitulating. He was a true wolf.
They don't speak out against corruption in government because they support Marxist and communist governments.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Mamabear wrote: July 29th, 2022, 9:30 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: July 29th, 2022, 9:25 am This feud about the name of the church is the least of my worries w/ Hinckley. The fact that he cowered and failed to uncover the corruption of 9/11 was confusing to me. I couldn't wrap my head around why the church wasn't speaking up. After learning more about him, I believe I understand why he was capitulating. He was a true wolf.
They don't speak out against corruption in government because they support Marxist and communist governments.
I think it goes much deeper than this.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

This was actually the beginning of the change in my perception about LDS prophets. I went to GC expecting/hoping he would say something like, "This is a shot over the bow. It's God's warning that we need to repent or we'll be destroyed." Instead, he seemed namby-pamby, and even said he viewed going into Afghanistan as us defending ourselves. I was shocked. Surely he knew the Book of Mormon and that one should not go after the gadiantons (terrorists) in their own (supposed) country! His whole talk about 9/11 seemed the antithesis of the messages in the Book of Mormon. The result, for me, was begging God to send us a real prophet to warn us before we got destroyed as a country.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

There is an even more pressing need to identify the true name of the Church rather than focusing on the nickname that others have put upon us. That does NOT mean that Hinckley is wrong and Nelson is right. Both were right in their day and Hinckley asked the membership to read Nelson's talk about the name of the Church in the previous conference.

There's one main issue that exists today that did not exist in 1990. The World Wide Web.

(number 384) what happens on Images.google.com if one types up "Mormon" on the search list. A few pictures of strong missionaries and Warren Jeffs and his harem.
(Edit to add): The ONE picture of the tabernacle links to a story in Spanish accusing the "Mormon Church" of hiding lots of money in secret accounts.

(number 385) what happens on Images.google.com if one types up "Church of Jesus Christ" on the search list. You will see the logo of the Church and multiple temples and paintings of Jesus Christ.

Go on Netflix or Prime and type in Mormon and you will see, once again, Warren Jeffs and the fundamentalists.

If you call your own selves Mormons, and this is the image that comes to mind, not only will the investigators say NO to further lessons, but HELL NO.

Today is different even from 1990, and we must be ready to accept that and bring ourselves with what the Lord wants us to do today, in 2022.
Attachments
Captura de pantalla (385).png
Captura de pantalla (385).png (718.07 KiB) Viewed 670 times
Captura de pantalla (384).png
Captura de pantalla (384).png (1.04 MiB) Viewed 670 times

Mindfields
captain of 1,000

Post by Mindfields »

Subcomandante wrote: July 29th, 2022, 4:51 pm There is an even more pressing need to identify the true name of the Church rather than focusing on the nickname that others have put upon us. That does NOT mean that Hinckley is wrong and Nelson is right. Both were right in their day and Hinckley asked the membership to read Nelson's talk about the name of the Church in the previous conference.

There's one main issue that exists today that did not exist in 1990. The World Wide Web.

(number 384) what happens on Images.google.com if one types up "Mormon" on the search list. A few pictures of strong missionaries and Warren Jeffs and his harem.
(Edit to add): The ONE picture of the tabernacle links to a story in Spanish accusing the "Mormon Church" of hiding lots of money in secret accounts.

(number 385) what happens on Images.google.com if one types up "Church of Jesus Christ" on the search list. You will see the logo of the Church and multiple temples and paintings of Jesus Christ.

Go on Netflix or Prime and type in Mormon and you will see, once again, Warren Jeffs and the fundamentalists.

If you call your own selves Mormons, and this is the image that comes to mind, not only will the investigators say NO to further lessons, but HELL NO.

Today is different even from 1990, and we must be ready to accept that and bring ourselves with what the Lord wants us to do today, in 2022.
In other words the Amway strategy.

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Post by SempiternalHarbinger »

IMO, Nelson ccould announce 1000 temples and he still will never be looked at the same way as Hinkley or other past Presidents. Truth be told, he is probably the worst President of our lifetime who desperately wants to be remembered for all these temples among other things. What he should always be remembered for is castrating the temple endowment, destroying our pioneer temples, and flat out lying to us all about it.

“The earth also is defiled unto the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant. Therefore, hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left” (Isaiah 24:5).

This dire prediction is reminiscent of the warning Moroni gave Joseph Smith recorded in D&C 2, pertaining to modern temple work: “If it were not so, the whole earth would be utterly wasted at his coming” (D&C 2:3).

"I have seen also in the prophets of Jerusalem an horrible thing: they commit adultery, and walk in lies: they strengthen also the hands of evildoers, that none doth return from his wickedness: they are all of them unto me as Sodom, and the inhabitants thereof as Gomorrah." -Jeremiah

"...the Lord will cut off from Israel head and tail, branch and rush, in one day. The ancient and honourable, he is the head; and the prophet that teacheth lies, he is the tail. For the leaders of this people cause them to err; and they that are led of them are destroyed.” Isaiah 9:14-16

"He commandeth that there shall be no priestcrafts; for, behold, priestcrafts are that men preach and set themselves up for a light unto the world, that they may get gain and praise of the world; but they seek not the welfare of Zion." -2 Nephi 26:29
Last edited by SempiternalHarbinger on July 31st, 2022, 3:26 am, edited 3 times in total.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

SempiternalHarbinger wrote: July 30th, 2022, 4:38 pm IMO, Nelson can announce 1000 temples and he still will never be looked at the same way as Hinkley or other past Presidents. Truth be told, he is probably the worst President of our lifetime who desperately wants to be remembered for all these temples among other things, and to feel important. What he should always be remembered for is castrating the temple endowment, destroying our pioneer temples, and flat out lying to us all about it more than being an announcer of many temples.

Yes, Nelson and the brethren intentionally lied to us and few seem to care. They assured us the sole purpose of the remodeling of the pioneer temples was to preserve the temple (by earthquake-proofing only, not mess with the interior), not gut it. They had the blueprints (plans) but they still continuously told us not to worry and that the sweat and blood of the early saints would be preserved knowing full well that was a load of crap. They knew exactly what they were doing, saying all the right things while planning a secret transformation and in the process destroying so much of our ancestors' history. Nelson could care less about the early pioneers, clearly.

Thankfully, the people of Manti caught wind of the lies and put a stop to it (not the first time the people of Manti stopped a remodel, at least they didn't have to vandalize and destroy heavy equipment this time around) so we at least have one remaining pioneer temple. And what was Nelson's response to the outcry? HEAR HEAR, HEAR HEAR, God has heard your prayers and has decided to preserve the Manti pioneer temple. You are all so welcome and let's praise God for hearing and answering your prayers! What a load of crap. Maybe if President Nelson would have told us the truth from the beginning like he should have done, like any honest man would have done, then maybe he would have realized how bad and stupid of an idea it was. Nope. The reason why Nelson lied was he knew he never would have been able to gut our pioneer temples and put his stamp on the most iconic temple. At least the people of Manti had a chance to protest and share their grievances, all the other pioneer temples and the saints who loved and appreciated them were not even afforded that luxury. The destruction already happened before we could blink. What a crafty man that Nelson is.

I will no longer view the SLT as a pioneer temple but as Nelson and company temple. Now, it's just a fine, fancy shell of its former state, void of most of the symbolism and pioneer imprint that once was therein. In the meantime, not one single revelation has been produced pertaining to any of these major decisions/changes/destructions and no vote (common consent) was ever presented. All done in secret, behind closed doors while purposely deceiving the saints so they could do what they wanted. If anything, it shows Nelson's lack of faith in God, and no man mad earthquake proof will save it from God's wrath, only God will preserve it if deems it so.

Come to think of Nelson's legacy, he will also be remembered as the covid prophet (safe and effective vaccines, godsend, a miracle, answers to fasting and prayers) while profiting (promoting, finance, and profit) immensely off this entire scam (blood profiting) all under the disguise of building Zion and in the name of God. Blasphemous imho. I will remember Nelson for selling out some of the biggest sports arenas on earth like a rock "star". Nelson is a falling star similar to you know who. I'll remember him for giving poor people pictures of himself (who in the hell does that?). I'll always remember his transformation from an old man who would never smile to a happy, deceiving, soft-spoken Mr. Rodgers type. He is clearly taking many notes and trying to imitate Hinkley on many levels but few are buying it. I will remember Nelson as a pretender, who desperately tried to set himself as a light of the world. I will always remember all his worldly accolades (we all know he was a heart surgeon and don't need to be told again) and robes of the false priesthood. He should always be remembered for never producing a single revelation from God and never exhibiting any fruits, characteristics, or attributes of a prophet, seer, and revelator.

"I have seen also in the prophets of Jerusalem an horrible thing: they commit adultery, and walk in lies: they strengthen also the hands of evildoers, that none doth return from his wickedness: they are all of them unto me as Sodom, and the inhabitants thereof as Gomorrah." -Jeremiah

"...the Lord will cut off from Israel head and tail, branch and rush, in one day. The ancient and honourable, he is the head; and the prophet that teacheth lies, he is the tail. For the leaders of this people cause them to err; and they that are led of them are destroyed.” Isaiah 9:14-16

"He commandeth that there shall be no priestcrafts; for, behold, priestcrafts are that men preach and set themselves up for a light unto the world, that they may get gain and praise of the world; but they seek not the welfare of Zion." -2 Nephi 26:29

On a side note, I have been paying attention to the St. George temple remodeling and I have so many questions. Things just don't add up. I am curious if they will allow the guests to view the new, much bigger, and more elaborate basement during the open house or if any temple recommends holder after the dedication will be allowed into the new basement or is it just for the elite of our church? Hopefully, I can make it to the rededication and get some answers but I have my doubts.
In some ways Nelson is just more transparent in his corruption. The more scary aspect to consider is those men who may have been hiding much of who they were. (E.g. Hinckley, Monson).

And as far as “pioneer temples” are concerned, I’m not sure how I feel about those. Nephi and Moroni were quite condemning of the latter-day leaders for building up fine sanctuaries on the backs of the poor.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Subcomandante wrote: July 29th, 2022, 4:51 pm There is an even more pressing need to identify the true name of the Church rather than focusing on the nickname that others have put upon us. That does NOT mean that Hinckley is wrong and Nelson is right. Both were right in their day and Hinckley asked the membership to read Nelson's talk about the name of the Church in the previous conference.

The problem is that Google has gone down the tubes as have other search engines. If you type in "church of jesus christ", it will show you numerous other churches, and probably some anti-Christian polemics as well.

Narnia
captain of 50

Post by Narnia »

Christianlee wrote: July 25th, 2022, 5:39 pm
FrankOne wrote: July 25th, 2022, 5:23 pm
Artaxerxes wrote: July 23rd, 2022, 2:36 pm
FrankOne wrote: July 23rd, 2022, 2:27 pm

hm.

your post created an idea for me....

Why create the illusion of a massive temple increase? To change public perception from the reality of stagnation to the illusion of growth. He's a salesman. Here's what Bishop John Koyle said on the subject:

"There will be great bitterness towards the general authorities. The leaders will have to take to the pulpits to keep people from leaving the Church."

In my book, Bishop Koyle was a true seer.
Except that we've already shown in the thread that the OP is fake news. You'll have to confirm your preconceived notions another time.
what exactly are you referring to? The OP was about nelson announcing 100 temples to be built, which I am responding to. Please point out the 'fake news'. I will post a link to the same information from the church website.

https://www.thechurchnews.com/temples/2 ... ven-249316

100 temples announced by President Nelson — and the counsel he’s given
Maybe the Church realizes if everyone is forced to buy an electrical vehicle they will be unable to make a 400 mile round trip to the temple so the Church has to make them EV friendly. Or maybe they think the country will ration gasoline. So temples have to be closer to the people for the Church to maintain its ESG score. Agenda 2030 is real.
CA has passed the law to ban gasoline car to be sold in dealers from 2035. So, it looks like the church is trying to help members preparing for the future by building more temples. Yuba city is only about 60 miles to Sacramento temple. Modesto is about 90 miles to Sacramento temple. Distance may not be long, but the electric power will not last as long when stuck in bad CA traffic.
Ban the gasoline cars is a crazy idea!
Last edited by Narnia on September 4th, 2022, 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

Maybe they should just Zoom the Temple ordinances.

After all.

Our homes are supposed to be sacred spaces too.

Save a ton of money all around.

Sir H

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

HVDC wrote: September 4th, 2022, 3:03 pm Maybe they should just Zoom the Temple ordinances.

After all.

Our homes are supposed to be sacred spaces too.

Save a ton of money all around.

Sir H
I have had thoughts this way, but the future is often beyond parody. As is the present.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

What the Church needs is a good 5-year plan, comrades.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Narnia wrote: September 4th, 2022, 2:53 pm
Artaxerxes wrote: July 23rd, 2022, 2:36 pm

Except that we've already shown in the thread that the OP is fake news. You'll have to confirm your preconceived notions another time.
what exactly are you referring to? The OP was about nelson announcing 100 temples to be built, which I am responding to. Please point out the 'fake news'. I will post a link to the same information from the church website.

Maybe the Church realizes if everyone is forced to buy an electrical vehicle they will be unable to make a 400 mile round trip to the temple so the Church has to make them EV friendly. Or maybe they think the country will ration gasoline. So temples have to be closer to the people for the Church to maintain its ESG score. Agenda 2030 is real.
CA has passed the law to ban gasoline car to be sold in dealers from 2035. So, it looks like the church is trying to help members preparing for the future by building more temples. Yuba city is only about 60 miles to Sacramento temple. Modesto is about 90 miles to Sacramento temple. Distance may not be long, but the electric power will not last as long when stuck in bad CA traffic.
Ban the gasoline cars is a crazy idea! When the children of God in this modern day do not want to repent, they invent so called “climate change” to grab the power.
electric-cars.jpg
electric-cars.jpg (20.52 KiB) Viewed 344 times

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Original_Intent wrote: September 4th, 2022, 3:13 pm What the Church needs is a good 5-year plan, comrades.
I think it may have been a 10 yr plan and it looks like it started in 2020
and yah...comrades is the goal. 2030 seems to be the date everyone is shooting for.

Narnia
captain of 50

Post by Narnia »

Fred wrote: September 4th, 2022, 7:08 pm
Narnia wrote: September 4th, 2022, 2:53 pm

Ban the gasoline cars is a crazy idea! When the children of God in this modern day do not want to repent, they invent so called “climate change” to grab the power.
electric-cars.jpg
Exactly ! So, we should do neither of them! ;) Hope some people will have some sense to reverse that ban.