Renlund uses words of Moroni to convince a man to take pharmaceuticals

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Alexander
the Great
Location: amongst the brotherhood of the Black Robed Regiment; cocked hat and cocked rifle

Renlund uses words of Moroni to convince a man to take pharmaceuticals

Post by Alexander »

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Re: Renlund uses words of Moroni to convince a man to take pharmaceuticals

Post by Mamabear »

Follow the prophets and profits of big pharma.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

"It meant he should take the prescribed treatment and, IN ADDITION, exercise faith in Jesus Christ."

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

When “apostles” don’t even understand basic scriptures and twist the bom to fit their narrative.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

I shared this video with my friend and he said, "Come over and we can take a bunch of pills, God will only help us after ALL we can do."

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

ridiculous !

"do not make use of the means which the Lord has provided for us."

of the means which the Lord has provided for us ?
Ya like the Lord has provided for us, and wants us to use all these drugs.

More like - we should make use of really what the Lord has provided for us -
like - things from the Earth - (which we ourselves were taken from - the dust of the Earth ) -
all the fruit and veg - plants and herbs - that the Lord has given us to heal ourselves.

The whole Pharm - Med scene is one of the biggest scams ever,
and are the most evil and corrupt organizations in the World.
But you go right ahead Renlund, and just like the church - continue to support them
and keep on putting all your money in their greedy pockets using their expensive addicting drugs,
that don't really heal you at all - but just cover up the problem and keep you using them.
Some are dangerous and even deadly.

Genesis

29 ¶ And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed,
which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed;
to you it shall be for meat
. (meat meaning food)

--------------------------------
Doctrine and Covenants 42:43

[43 And whosoever among you are sick, and have not faith to be healed, but believe, shall be nourished with all tenderness, with herbs and mild food, and that not by the hand of an enemy.

Alma 46:40

40 And there were some who died with fevers, which at some seasons of the year were very frequent in the land—but not so much so with fevers, because of the excellent qualities of the many plants and roots which God had prepared to remove the cause of diseases, to which men were subject by the nature of the climate—
--------------------------------

D&C 89
10 And again, verily I say unto you, all wholesome herbs God hath ordained for the constitution,
nature, and use of man—

11 Every herb in the season thereof, and every fruit in the season thereof;
all these to be used with prudence and thanksgiving.
Last edited by Being There on September 3rd, 2022, 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

^^^^ Those are great scriptures.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Sick.

Renlund’s language wreaks with the perfume of Babylon: “world-renowned”... “spacious office”

The head is so sick.

CuriousThinker
captain of 1,000

Post by CuriousThinker »

That is a lot to put on a Bishop. They are not stewards over people's medical choices. I am glad Elder Renlund didn't tell him to do it, even though I think that the scriptures were misapplied in this case. Still, the story implies that it wasn't wrong for him to give the Bishop the decision over whether he took some pills, or not.
Oftentimes it does seem like faith in pharma takes precedent over faith in Jesus. Especially since he said the faith was in addition to the pills, not vice versa.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

It really does seem these days, in the church, like pharma has eclipsed the efficacy of faith in Jesus Christ and scriptural advice on natural remedies. Pharma has been über-prescribed, especially throughout covid. It's percolated down through the leadership, all the way into the average member. It is so damn stupid. God is making it really clear these days for anyone paying attention.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

Chip wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 1:08 pm It really does seem these days, in the church, like pharma has eclipsed the efficacy of faith in Jesus Christ and scriptural advice on natural remedies. Pharma has been über-prescribed, especially throughout covid. It's percolated down through the leadership, all the way into the average member. It is so damn stupid. God is making it really clear these days for anyone paying attention.
no God is not making your point clear even though you think God follows you. I don't agree with you. Maybe you can use some data rather than the "spirit" or use of "God" to make your point.

Isn't the use of God in your statemen the same as in Renlunds statement? follow me = preistcraft . . not following ya chip

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Chip wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 11:09 am "It meant he should take the prescribed treatment and, IN ADDITION, exercise faith in Jesus Christ."
Nothing wrong with that.

The docs said that even with the treatment, he had at most six months.

He took the treatment and exercised faith in Jesus Christ. He was allowed to tarry for 7 years.

Conclusion: Faith without works is dead.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

EvanLM wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 1:21 pm
Chip wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 1:08 pm It really does seem these days, in the church, like pharma has eclipsed the efficacy of faith in Jesus Christ and scriptural advice on natural remedies. Pharma has been über-prescribed, especially throughout covid. It's percolated down through the leadership, all the way into the average member. It is so damn stupid. God is making it really clear these days for anyone paying attention.
no God is not making your point clear even though you think God follows you. I don't agree with you. Maybe you can use some data rather than the "spirit" or use of "God" to make your point.

Isn't the use of God in your statemen the same as in Renlunds statement? follow me = preistcraft . . not following ya chip
You have really mischaracterized what I said. Not sure how to respond.

I do not consider you to be a troll, though. You seem very frustrated these days, like me, I suppose. You want the church to be true. I only want the truth. Your job is impossible, but mine is possible.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

Seems to me.

That we really don't know why he lived seven years after taking the pills.

His prognosis was six months.

Maybe the pills let him live for six months.

And his faith for six and a half years.

Maybe neither.

How would anyone know?

Just ask God what you should do.

Everyone else.

Is guessing.

Sir H

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

Chip wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 1:31 pm
EvanLM wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 1:21 pm

You have really mischaracterized what I said. Not sure how to respond.

I do not consider you to be a troll, though. You seem very frustrated these days, like me, I suppose. You want the church to be true. I only want the truth. Your job is impossible, but mine is possible.
you want me to believe YOUR truth. . . that is preistcraft . . I not going to give you advice on how to present your opinion but I am NOT agreeing with it. . .is that a problem? I don't agree with you . .

and I am a general member . . still don't agree with you . . quit dividing or take the heat. . . I can express my side as well as you can or don't you believe in freedom of speech? when someone disagrees look at how you attack . . frustrated? hmmmmmmm

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

this forum is not supposed to be facebook . . .a forum of opinion . . it started out as an opportunity to share ideas and good representations of liberty and such. It has changed a lot cuz of some posters that I won't mention at this time. Have it your way but expect to work a little harder to have it your way.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

also facebook is see me? see me? see my world? heres' your comment that has nothing to do with liberty:

Your job is impossible, but mine is possible. . . see my job? see me?

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

No. Are you drinking? That would explain everything.

Peeps
captain of 1,000

Post by Peeps »

The main origin of the problem is this family took over the medical education of doctors, created the AMA licensing, and the pharmaceutical industry. The pharma industry now educates the doctors.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

Peeps wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 2:58 pm The main origin of the problem is this family took over the medical education of doctors, created the AMA licensing, and the pharmaceutical industry. The pharma industry now educates the doctors.

Absolutely.

Thanks for posting this.

But we can trust them.

Because.

Training and degrees.

Has anyone actually spoken to a nurse or doctor lately.

Those minds are closed.

Tighter than a frogs @#$.

Trust?

Not likely.

Sir H

Joan7
captain of 100

Post by Joan7 »

As I was watching, and Elder Renlund explained that he came in and the man had spread all the medications on a table, saying if you tell me to take these, I will, I had the strong feeling that story is made up. That experience did not happen as he is describing it.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Kit-OTW wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 3:26 pm As I was watching, and Elder Renlund explained that he came in and the man had spread all the medications on a table, saying if you tell me to take these, I will, I had the strong feeling that story is made up. That experience did not happen as he is describing it.
It sounded like he had been prescribed maybe a dozen different pills. It was presented as an all-or-nothing deal. The church keeps people on board by teaching them that it's all-or-nothing, knowing that people will tend to stay if they fear that all the good things are going to leave their lives.

Certainly, this story normalizes the notion that the bishop will know what's best, even if he doesn't. It's training ground for all the way up in leadership in the church. I remember Rasband complaining to his fellows that some people were not obeying the prophet's admonition to get the vaxx. It was obviously inconceivable to him that there could be anything wrong with the vaxx, since the prophet had endorsed it. All this culminates in allegiance to leadership being the ultimate test of a person's fidelity to God. That's the big rule of Mormonism. Not what Christ taught, by far. I think the push to always use Christ's name when referring to the church is just compounding blasphemy.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

What’s funny is that the “experts” gave him six months to live, and he lived for seven years.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Chip wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 11:35 am I shared this video with my friend and he said, "Come over and we can take a bunch of pills, God will only help us after ALL we can do."
In the video, he says that pharmaceuticals are the means that God has given us ...in order to do our part so he can do his part in helping us.

again,

It is now Doctrine. Pharmaceuticals are given by God. They are a Godsend. A miracle. An answer to prayer.

hm. give me pills so I can utilize faith, because if I don't have faith in God-sent drugs, God won't help me.

Great Gospel Doctrine topic. Glad I no longer attend.

The Red Pill
captain of 1,000

Post by The Red Pill »

Renlund is a clown...same guy who claimed the clot-shot was safe and effective from the pulpit in conference.

The clot shot is now the LEADING cause of death in parts of the world already, including Alberta Canada.

Yeah...follow their advice...you end up dead.