Sprouted Barley Powder

Alternative/natural solution-based discussions of topics like health, medicine, science, food, etc.
gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Sprouted Barley Powder

Post by gruden2.0 »

Recently I saw a discussion about Gladiator Barley, which is that the Roman gladiators used it for strength and has many health benefits. I decided to try some, although I ordered an organic product from Amazon which is cheaper (same thing). I was curious if anyone has ever used this and had any interesting outcomes.

BigT
captain of 100

Re: Sprouted Barley Powder

Post by BigT »

I started using green powders—barley, wheat grass, kamut grass, spirolina, etc.—back when Robert Young introduced his Super Greens. I’m actually a bit of a supplement junky, having gotten started on my mission in the late-70s. Stopped, then tried a can a few years ago but didn’t finish half of it. Can’t hurt if you can afford it, but don’t expect miracles.

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Re: Sprouted Barley Powder

Post by gruden2.0 »

BigT wrote: August 30th, 2022, 5:02 pm I started using green powders—barley, wheat grass, kamut grass, spirolina, etc.—back when Robert Young introduced his Super Greens. I’m actually a bit of a supplement junky, having gotten started on my mission in the late-70s. Stopped, then tried a can a few years ago but didn’t finish half of it. Can’t hurt if you can afford it, but don’t expect miracles.
This isn't barley grass juice, but powdered barley sprouts, so not quite the same thing (although the former is also purported to be as beneficial as wheatgrass juice). The price wasn't too bad on Amazon. Sprout powder is quite a bit cheaper than the juice powder as well.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N4QY17T?psc=1