Salt Lake Temple Rebuild

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
hedgehog
captain of 100

Re: Salt Lake Temple Rebuild

Post by hedgehog »

I for one hope they update the murals with more gay, black, and muslim representation among the pioneers.

(This is sarcasm for those honest forthright folks who don't deal in the subversive language of snark)
Last edited by hedgehog on August 28th, 2022, 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hedgehog
captain of 100

Post by hedgehog »

Seriously though, my understanding of earthquakes is it depends on what how deep they are and what the top layers are made of. Utah is especially vulnerable, that the faults are shallow and the surface hostile. Which is why sometimes you will see a 8+ earthquake do little damage or a 7 do major devastation, of course too soft of top can cause its own destruction.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasatch_Fault
"Analysis of all fault segments running through the Wasatch Front suggests the chance of a major earthquake event on any fault to be one every 200 years on average."

Re Utah cleansing, I think after a major earthquake Lake Bonneville might return and become possibly even larger. And of course the overdue yellowstone super volcano is parked right there.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Lizzy60 wrote: August 28th, 2022, 2:59 pm
Subcomandante wrote: August 28th, 2022, 2:48 pm
TwochurchesOnly wrote: August 28th, 2022, 12:05 pm
DesertWonderer2 wrote: August 28th, 2022, 11:49 am LOL. You all are so ridiculous. Of course the temple will be completed.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N273kjZN0I8

The construction vid is interesting.
Such a terrible waste of money
Such vanity and greed
I don't think earthquake-proofing a temple is a waste of money, nor represents vanity or greed. It's common sense in an active seismological zone.
They are doing a whole lot more than earthquake-proofing the temple. The entire interior is being redone. No more murals, no more pioneer woodworking. This is a vanity project under the direction of a man who seems to think God can’t protect any building He wants protected, and can’t destroy any building He wants destroyed.
Such narcissism is almost breathtaking.
When the Mexico City Temple was being renovated, this happened too. The difference is that the members generally accepted the changes that happened within the temple, whereas the people on this forum will look for any excuse to grind their axes.

What happened in Mexico City and later at Concepción Chile (the latter dedicated by President Nelson) were templates for what was going to be done in Salt Lake City as those areas are in areas with greater seismicity than that experienced in Utah.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

hedgehog wrote: August 28th, 2022, 10:24 pm I for one hope they update the murals with more gay, black, and muslim representation among the pioneers.

(This is sarcasm for those honest forthright folks who don't deal in the subversive language of snark)
The best sarcasm is based on truth.

I hope they actually do.

The look on everyone's face.

Priceless.

The look on mine.

Smugness.

I have that look a lot lately.

I would repent.

But everyday they do something else.

Sir H

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

Niemand wrote: August 27th, 2022, 3:38 am
I used to have a non-LDS friend who would give me lifts around the place and he'd complain about how bland our chapels are and how most of them looked the same. That's a non-member, so others notice this kind of thing. I think it started with correlation decades ago - standardising everything. Nelson is old enough to have been there when that started and he's extended it to the temples... destroying the murals in the old American temples was one of the most terrible things he could have done. And for what? Blank walls and a TV screen. If I ever made it to Utah (unlikely these days), I would have likely visited these temples just to see that. But why would I do that now? It's the Mormon equivalent of repainting the Cistine Chapel roof with Disney cartoons.

I can't express how much disgust I have for all this. Not only as a Mormon, but someone with some appreciation for cultural and artistic endeavours.
Comparing it to Disney is very apt - Disney is very corporate. Whitewash history with woke ideology, which breaks down tradition and identity, at least the kind of identities the new order doesn't like, including nationalism, religious traditionalism, etc.

barerecord covered another old temple in Utah that underwent renovation, and the intention was the same there, which was to remove the murals. The local Mormons raised a ruckus and they backtracked and left them. I guess no one in SLC cared enough. This blog also covered the tearing down of old trees in Temple Square planted by the pioneers, as well as the other changes in the landscaping. Whatever they replace it with, I expect will be a lot less interesting.

It's just so blatant how much of a corporate re-write this is. All the other temples have paintings, portraits and statues that can be swapped out any time. I have to think this is being done on purpose. Changing the past makes it easier to change the future.

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: August 28th, 2022, 11:08 am I can only find the words of the Lord commanding the Kirtland, Far West, and Nauvoo temples to be built. And Nauvoo was not completed on time and therefore was a condemnation.
What's interesting is that on the day the SLC temple was dedicated there was a terrible storm.

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

JuneBug12000 wrote: August 28th, 2022, 10:12 pm
Lizzy60 wrote: August 26th, 2022, 9:04 pm What do y’all think the Salt Lake Temple will look like when the renovation is complete?

Personally, I’m sticking with my prediction from the day the retrofitting for earthquakes was announced. I don’t believe we will see it finished. It will be destroyed by an earthquake as divine justice for “steadying the ark”.

There are current photos in the post:

http://barerecord.blogspot.com/

If someone can move the photos to this thread, my most sincere gratitude for your superior computer skills!
I don't know if it will be finished or not, but the instant they announced it was to be retrofitted for earthquakes I said aloud "Well now its going to fall down." I was just as surprised as my family by the words coming out of my mouth. I might have even been chastised for even thinking it let alone saying it in front of the kids. But I don't remember thinking it, just a gut reaction right out of my mouth.

The murals being destroyed is maddening. What were they thinking? Really?
God has a very interesting sense of irony, doing what people don't expect:

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

Subcomandante wrote: August 29th, 2022, 7:13 am

Such vanity and greed
I don't think earthquake-proofing a temple is a waste of money, nor represents vanity or greed. It's common sense in an active seismological zone.
They are doing a whole lot more than earthquake-proofing the temple. The entire interior is being redone. No more murals, no more pioneer woodworking. This is a vanity project under the direction of a man who seems to think God can’t protect any building He wants protected, and can’t destroy any building He wants destroyed.
When the Mexico City Temple was being renovated, this happened too. The difference is that the members generally accepted the changes that happened within the temple, whereas the people on this forum will look for any excuse to grind their axes.

What happened in Mexico City and later at Concepción Chile (the latter dedicated by President Nelson) were templates for what was going to be done in Salt Lake City as those areas are in areas with greater seismicity than that experienced in Utah.
he is preparing them for the future desecration and war and that desecration will not be done by the 12 or the church.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

bbrown wrote: August 28th, 2022, 3:20 pm This rings of “we are mighty and our cities are great, we cannot be destroyed in one day”. If there’s an earthquake big enough to take down that building as it was, Built of hand carved stone , then the majority of Salt Lake City will be leveled. The temple will be the least of their worries for a long time. That’s not counting the destruction of some very unique and special art and construction on the inside.
ETB claimed in a GC that the natural disasters would be man made, natural and god made. The hydrogen bomb has been tested for years, mostly in indonesia for the purpose of creating earthquakes. If an earthquake has a tsunami after then it is probably natural.

If an earthquakes does NOT have a tsunami after then it is a man made.

a military base in the middle ovfcalifornia was hit with a man made earthquake about three years ago . . .can''t remember all the details and name of the base . . .Alaska has been hit with manmade . . . other places have been hit as well. Most are created in the oceans.

ALL places can have earthquakes created by hydrogen bombs and some researchers are claiming emp can do it, but I doubt that cuz there is not enough explosive power. Anyway, diverse places, right? . . . showing a great deal of variety; very different . . . .

I don't know about the mighty thing but I do think that no one, including most forum members, believe that they are sinning. Everyone seems to believe that they aren't the sinner, have out foxed satan with their smarts and will not be one to go down. through the church and those apostatizing

our government leaders definitely believe the "mighty and our cities are great" especially democrats

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

oh yeah, Isaiah said that the people will reflect their leaders and the leaders will reflect the people . . . no sin here . . .look over there

Chris
captain of 100

Post by Chris »

Lizzy60 wrote: August 26th, 2022, 9:04 pm What do y’all think the Salt Lake Temple will look like when the renovation is complete?

Personally, I’m sticking with my prediction from the day the retrofitting for earthquakes was announced. I don’t believe we will see it finished. It will be destroyed by an earthquake as divine justice for “steadying the ark”.

If someone can move the photos to this thread, my most sincere gratitude for your superior computer skills!
I know from an experience that i had that the earthquake will happen before it is finished by divine design. But not for the reason you think of. the temple will be mostly done and when the quake happens there will be major flooding there. The church timed it perfectly so it will be mostly done, the quake happens and then they move all the furniture and everything back in after. It protects from loss of life and unnecessary destruction. It is there in the temple the savior and brother joseph come there. there is also something else amazing that happens on the day of the earthquake but i will not say on this site.

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

hedgehog wrote: August 28th, 2022, 10:32 pm Seriously though, my understanding of earthquakes is it depends on what how deep they are and what the top layers are made of. Utah is especially vulnerable, that the faults are shallow and the surface hostile. Which is why sometimes you will see a 8+ earthquake do little damage or a 7 do major devastation, of course too soft of top can cause its own destruction.

"Analysis of all fault segments running through the Wasatch Front suggests the chance of a major earthquake event on any fault to be one every 200 years on average."

Re Utah cleansing, I think after a major earthquake Lake Bonneville might return and become possibly even larger. And of course the overdue yellowstone super volcano is parked right there.

Curious, what makes you think Lake Bonneville could return from a major earthquake?

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

gruden2.0 wrote: August 29th, 2022, 9:19 am

I don't know if it will be finished or not, but the instant they announced it was to be retrofitted for earthquakes I said aloud "Well now its going to fall down." I was just as surprised as my family by the words coming out of my mouth. I might have even been chastised for even thinking it let alone saying it in front of the kids. But I don't remember thinking it, just a gut reaction right out of my mouth.

Where is all the water coming from in your image of SLC submerged? Or is that sea water in the image?

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

Dusty Wanderer wrote: August 29th, 2022, 11:09 am

Where is all the water coming from in your image of SLC submerged? Or is that sea water in the image?
This is a simulation posted by Rob Smith a few years ago that I snagged (he deleted all his old blog posts). People have had dreams/visions of SLC under a certain amount of water - I don't remember the depth, but the image reflects a certain depth, which is of course enough to cover the SLC temple. I believe this is what is described in Rev 12:15, but that's just me. There will be an earthquake, but it will be north, possibly/likely in Idaho, that releases the deluge.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

The pumps. The Utah Legislature and Mitt Romney are looking for ways to pump ocean water into the great salt lake. What if they forget to turn the pumps off when the lake is full?

Like the sorcerer's apprentice, but with pumps instead of magic brooms.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

gruden2.0 wrote: August 29th, 2022, 12:55 pm

This is a simulation posted by Rob Smith a few years ago that I snagged (he deleted all his old blog posts). People have had dreams/visions of SLC under a certain amount of water - I don't remember the depth, but the image reflects a certain depth, which is of course enough to cover the SLC temple. I believe this is what is described in Rev 12:15, but that's just me. There will be an earthquake, but it will be north, possibly/likely in Idaho, that releases the deluge.
Very interesting. I had a vision a couple of years ago about the SLC Temple being underwater. The water kept rising and rising until God had to intervene.

silverado
captain of 100

Post by silverado »

Subcomandante wrote: August 29th, 2022, 7:13 am

Such vanity and greed

Did the Mexico City Temple have historic pioneer-era murals removed, after the church said they were going to preserve them?
I hope not.
Making it safer from earthquake is one thing. Destroying irreplaceable historical things is another.

CaptainM
captain of 100

Post by CaptainM »

Speaking of the true, Lord recognized temple in Zion, Independence, MO:

52  Now, behold, the nobleman, the lord of the vineyard, called upon his servants, and said unto them, Why!  what is the cause of this great evil?53  Ought ye not to have done even as I commanded you, and—after ye had planted the vineyard, and built the hedge round about, and set watchmen upon the walls thereof—built the tower also, and set a watchman upon the tower, and watched for my vineyard, and not have fallen asleep, lest the enemy should come upon you? 54  And behold, the watchman upon the tower would have seen the enemy while he was yet afar off; and then ye could have made ready and kept the enemy from breaking down the hedge thereof, and saved my vineyard from the hands of the destroyer. 55  And the lord of the vineyard said unto one of his servants: Go and gather together the residue of my servants, and take all the strength of mine house, which are my warriors, my young men, and they that are of middle age also among all my servants, who are the strength of mine house, save those only whom I have appointed to tarry; 56  And go ye straightway unto the land of my vineyard, and redeem my vineyard; for it is mine; I have bought it with money. 57  Therefore, get ye straightway unto my land; break down the walls of mine enemies; throw down their tower, and scatter their watchmen.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

gruden2.0 wrote: August 29th, 2022, 8:55 am
I used to have a non-LDS friend who would give me lifts around the place and he'd complain about how bland our chapels are and how most of them looked the same. That's a non-member, so others notice this kind of thing. I think it started with correlation decades ago - standardising everything. Nelson is old enough to have been there when that started and he's extended it to the temples... destroying the murals in the old American temples was one of the most terrible things he could have done. And for what? Blank walls and a TV screen. If I ever made it to Utah (unlikely these days), I would have likely visited these temples just to see that. But why would I do that now? It's the Mormon equivalent of repainting the Cistine Chapel roof with Disney cartoons.

I can't express how much disgust I have for all this. Not only as a Mormon, but someone with some appreciation for cultural and artistic endeavours.
Comparing it to Disney is very apt - Disney is very corporate. Whitewash history with woke ideology, which breaks down tradition and identity, at least the kind of identities the new order doesn't like, including nationalism, religious traditionalism, etc.

barerecord covered another old temple in Utah that underwent renovation, and the intention was the same there, which was to remove the murals. The local Mormons raised a ruckus and they backtracked and left them. I guess no one in SLC cared enough. This blog also covered the tearing down of old trees in Temple Square planted by the pioneers, as well as the other changes in the landscaping. Whatever they replace it with, I expect will be a lot less interesting.

It's just so blatant how much of a corporate re-write this is. All the other temples have paintings, portraits and statues that can be swapped out any time. I have to think this is being done on purpose. Changing the past makes it easier to change the future.
It wasn't just local Mormons. I signed an online petition against destroying that temple's murals. A talented and underrated artist had painted those (I forget her name). I hope some of the foreign signatures helped tip the balance.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Niemand wrote: August 29th, 2022, 5:01 pm
gruden2.0 wrote: August 29th, 2022, 8:55 am

It wasn't just local Mormons. I signed an online petition against destroying that temple's murals. A talented and underrated artist had painted those (I forget her name). I hope some of the foreign signatures helped tip the balance.
It was Minerva Teichert.

https://magazine.byu.edu/article/minerva-teichert/

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

Luke wrote: August 29th, 2022, 1:32 pm Very interesting. I had a vision a couple of years ago about the SLC Temple being underwater. The water kept rising and rising until God had to intervene.
Revelations 12:15-16 wrote:And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood. And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
I'd say your vision is consistent with the scripture. The target isn't the temple or really even SLC, but is collateral damage.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

silverado wrote: August 28th, 2022, 10:32 am
Jules wrote: August 27th, 2022, 4:26 pm I think it will look like a building with even less evidence showing what Brigham dug up, and claimed he built. :roll
A building with less evidence...hmm. Interesting thought.

Dozens of photos showing the construction of the SLC temple in the 1800's: https://thirdhour.org/blog/faith/lds-te ... struction/

"Mud flood" is interesting to look into but I haven't been convinced.
Featured-Image-SLC-Temple.jpg
Featured-Image-SLC-Temple.jpg (126.94 KiB) Viewed 586 times
1876-587x420.jpg
1876-587x420.jpg (61.68 KiB) Viewed 586 times
1871-635x420.jpg
1871-635x420.jpg (57.22 KiB) Viewed 586 times
1889-565x420.jpg
1889-565x420.jpg (45.93 KiB) Viewed 579 times

hedgehog
captain of 100

Post by hedgehog »

Dusty Wanderer wrote: August 29th, 2022, 11:07 am
hedgehog wrote: August 28th, 2022, 10:32 pm Seriously though, my understanding of earthquakes is it depends on what how deep they are and what the top layers are made of. Utah is especially vulnerable, that the faults are shallow and the surface hostile. Which is why sometimes you will see a 8+ earthquake do little damage or a 7 do major devastation, of course too soft of top can cause its own destruction.

Curious, what makes you think Lake Bonneville could return from a major earthquake?
Couple pieces I have put together from different areas. Here are a few

1.Water in the earths crust is a widely understood scientific reality and is responsible for continental drift among other things. Long been speculated the water for Noahs flood was, as mentioned in scripture, was water from both above and below.

https://www.latimes.com/science/science ... story.html

2. Besides the people, the Earth itself is also restored and healed going into the Millenium. The inland Salt Lake in Old Jerusalem is prophesied to be healed by fresh water flowing into it from the Temple. I suspect such a thing might happen here as well. To heal the great salt lake would require a massive influx of fresh water. Utah used to be a Garden Paradise, which is why there are so many dinosaur fossils. Once, while walking around Moab at the bottom of ancient lakebeds, I felt impressed that these waters would be returned when the lands curse was lifted.

3. The many scriptures talking about ice flowing from the North, as shown in that picture I linked, Lake Bonneville was actually filled by glaciers up by Canada. If those at all returned the water would again follow its ancient path to fill this valley.

There are a bunch of ways it could rehappen. I think these chess pieces are in place as part of bigger plans.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

I am confused. I thought BY built an inverted pyramid under the temple so that it would remain as is into the millennium? Why are we worried when these precautions were taken 150 years ago. Like the panels for electricity, elevators and wifi?

I have been in cathedrals built in the 1300's to 1500's with enormous domes that are not worried about catastrophic failure?

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

TheDuke wrote: August 30th, 2022, 12:34 pm I am confused. I thought BY built an inverted pyramid under the temple so that it would remain as is into the millennium? Why are we worried when these precautions were taken 150 years ago. Like the panels for electricity, elevators and wifi?

I have been in cathedrals built in the 1300's to 1500's with enormous domes that are not worried about catastrophic failure?
Part of Nelson’s legacy. In my opinion, of course.