Salt Lake Temple Rebuild

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Re: Salt Lake Temple Rebuild

Post by Shawn Henry »

Jonesy wrote: August 27th, 2022, 6:25 am They’re the legit ark-holders. It’s just that God is taking it away from them.
The parable that confirms your words is in Mark 12 where the Lord of the vineyard "let it out to husbandmen", 'let' meaning a legal lease, they were legitimately given the vineyard. Then the Lord of the vineyard comes and destroys those husbandmen and gives the vineyard to others.
Last edited by Shawn Henry on August 28th, 2022, 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

David13 wrote: August 27th, 2022, 9:24 am The problem here is that unlike China or countries where the King or Queen runs and dictates everything, there is this weird concept in the US of A called freedom. And that includes buying land and building those monstrous sky scrapers, that yes, many of which have the Soviet era austerity look to them.
You can buy or sell land in most developed countries and "Freedom" in this case can mean various things. In this case the temple is an obvious historic focal point for the city, like a town hall is in most cases.

There are some pretty horrific planning mistakes made in Europe too. Parts of Italy have had issues because the Mafia have bribed planning departments and so on.
No we don't have the "Urban Planning" that some countries have, nor the "5 Year Plan".
It's a two edged thing. The original SLC was a planned city, and looked a lot better.
What do you think the Chinese government would have done with Salt Lake City if it was theirs? What would they have done with the church?
Built lots of things that looked like the Church Office Building and created a parade ground where the temple was with a big picture of Chairman Mao.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Lizzy60 wrote: August 26th, 2022, 9:04 pm What do y’all think the Salt Lake Temple will look like when the renovation is complete?
I think it will look like a building with even less evidence showing what Brigham dug up, and claimed he built. :roll:

https://youtu.be/BpRnoC1gi3k

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

I think that if you researched it then the murals were probably sold to someone. Mybe families of those who painted it but I don't think so. 20 years ago when they used to replace churches in Ogden UT then my boyfriend would purchase the beautiful oak tha tis found in the old chapels. He made cabinets out of that oak for his townhouse rentals.

so . . .i bet a lot of stuff was sold or given to certain people. Not trying to start another fight but . . .

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

EvanLM wrote: August 27th, 2022, 5:48 pm I think that if you researched it then the murals were probably sold to someone. Mybe families of those who painted it but I don't think so. 20 years ago when they used to replace churches in Ogden UT then my boyfriend would purchase the beautiful oak tha tis found in the old chapels. He made cabinets out of that oak for his townhouse rentals.

so . . .i bet a lot of stuff was sold or given to certain people. Not trying to start another fight but . . .
It's the kind of thing they'd do, but I think it would be very hard to remove and transport those murals. I doubt it would be to the families.

Either way the entire thing is crass.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Salt Lake Temple Rebuild

Post by Elizabeth »

I am glad I explored Utah years ago, and that I did not purchase as I had intended to do... the reason being the warnings of earthquakes to come.

So sad to see such changes now.

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

Post by Kingdom of ZION »

Yes, having a place that is sanctified as in a Sanctuary to reveal and confer sacred knowledge one to another, even by oaths is good, but that is not the most important reason to have such a place, or even it's commanded purpose.

Such places were to be Houses of Prayer. A place to commune with G_d and to come into His presence. Set Prayers are not the kind of Prayers G_d was referring to when He called them such! A person seeking the face of Father by the use of set Prayers, will never receive that blessing!

In the end, which Sanctuary visitation really matters? The one built by men, or the one built by G_d? On the one hand you have no control over who enters and my defile this sanctuary built of stone, wood, and steel, even though it is a great edifice. However, on the other hand, G_d's Sanctuary is the only Sanctuary you really have any control over at all, and the one you are commanded to sanctify, the one you are commanded to pray in, to do ordinances in, and even make outward signs to heaven, that you are seeking communion with the Holy Spirit, and you seek personal visitation from G_d.

Ordinances are important, but it means nothing if done in a defiled Temple! When the Messiah made His offering, even though the Jews were in various degrees of apostasy in their temple offerings, His offering was perfect! So which Sanctuary should you focus all your energies upon? YES, it is your own Sanctuary! Is it in need of renovation? Could it withstand the earthquake that is coming... those days of trail that are even now upon us? Where and what is this Sanctuary, this strong tower, this fortress?

It is your BODY! The real Temple...

Shalom

silverado
captain of 100

Post by silverado »

Jules wrote: August 27th, 2022, 4:26 pm
Lizzy60 wrote: August 26th, 2022, 9:04 pm What do y’all think the Salt Lake Temple will look like when the renovation is complete?
I think it will look like a building with even less evidence showing what Brigham dug up, and claimed he built. :roll:

https://youtu.be/BpRnoC1gi3k
A building with less evidence...hmm. Interesting thought.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Kingdom of ZION wrote: August 28th, 2022, 9:34 am Yes, having a place that is sanctified as in a Sanctuary to reveal and confer sacred knowledge one to another, even by oaths is good, but that is not the most important reason to have such a place, or even it's commanded purpose.

Such places were to be Houses of Prayer. A place to commune with G_d and to come into His presence. Set Prayers are not the kind of Prayers G_d was referring to when He called them such! A person seeking the face of Father by the use of set Prayers, will never receive that blessing!

In the end, which Sanctuary visitation really matters? The one built by men, or the one built by G_d? On the one hand you have no control over who enters and my defile this sanctuary built of stone, wood, and steel, even though it is a great edifice. However, on the other hand, G_d's Sanctuary is the only Sanctuary you really have any control over at all, and the one you are commanded to sanctify, the one you are commanded to pray in, to do ordinances in, and even make outward signs to heaven, that you are seeking communion with the Holy Spirit, and you seek personal visitation from G_d.

Ordinances are important, but it means nothing if done in a defiled Temple! When the Messiah made His offering, even though the Jews were in various degrees of apostasy in their temple offerings, His offering was perfect! So which Sanctuary should you focus all your energies upon? YES, it is your own Sanctuary! Is it in need of renovation? Could it withstand the earthquake that is coming... those days of trail that are even now upon us? Where and what is this Sanctuary, this strong tower, this fortress?

Shalom
Welcome back KofZION! It’s good to see that you are alive and well. You’ve been missed.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

I can only find the words of the Lord commanding the Kirtland, Far West, and Nauvoo temples to be built. And Nauvoo was not completed on time and therefore was a condemnation.

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

Lizzy60 wrote: August 28th, 2022, 10:57 am Welcome back KofZION! It’s good to see that you are alive and well. You’ve been missed.
Shalom Lizzy

Yes, I am still here upon this planet, even though I am a few years older then you. Thank you for your kind words.

I have been spending more of my time trying to get prepared to retire. Kind of hard to do when the world is trying to destroy our generation and especially those who profess the Messiah and His Father publicly!

No illusions here, there are no more frontiers or wildernesses to flee too! War is coming and it is almost upon us, even those of us who do not want anything to do with their madness and evil, and especially anything to do with their war!

I hope you live in a rural area, and you have been able to prepare some.

Blessings be upon you and yours

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer2 »

LOL. You all are so ridiculous. Of course the temple will be completed.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N273kjZN0I8

The construction vid is interesting.

TwochurchesOnly
captain of 1,000

Post by TwochurchesOnly »

DesertWonderer2 wrote: August 28th, 2022, 11:49 am LOL. You all are so ridiculous. Of course the temple will be completed.

Such a terrible waste of money
Such vanity and greed

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

EvanLM wrote: August 27th, 2022, 5:48 pm I think that if you researched it then the murals were probably sold to someone. Mybe families of those who painted it but I don't think so. 20 years ago when they used to replace churches in Ogden UT then my boyfriend would purchase the beautiful oak tha tis found in the old chapels. He made cabinets out of that oak for his townhouse rentals.

If your comment was in response to mine, I wasn't talking about the artwork.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

TwochurchesOnly wrote: August 28th, 2022, 12:05 pm
DesertWonderer2 wrote: August 28th, 2022, 11:49 am LOL. You all are so ridiculous. Of course the temple will be completed.

Such vanity and greed
I don't think earthquake-proofing a temple is a waste of money, nor represents vanity or greed. It's common sense in an active seismological zone.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Subcomandante wrote: August 28th, 2022, 2:48 pm

Such vanity and greed
I don't think earthquake-proofing a temple is a waste of money, nor represents vanity or greed. It's common sense in an active seismological zone.
They are doing a whole lot more than earthquake-proofing the temple. The entire interior is being redone. No more murals, no more pioneer woodworking. This is a vanity project under the direction of a man who seems to think God can’t protect any building He wants protected, and can’t destroy any building He wants destroyed.
Such narcissism is almost breathtaking.

bbrown
captain of 100

Post by bbrown »

This rings of “we are mighty and our cities are great, we cannot be destroyed in one day”. If there’s an earthquake big enough to take down that building as it was, Built of hand carved stone , then the majority of Salt Lake City will be leveled. The temple will be the least of their worries for a long time. That’s not counting the destruction of some very unique and special art and construction on the inside.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

Kingdom of ZION wrote: August 28th, 2022, 9:34 am Yes, having a place that is sanctified as in a Sanctuary to reveal and confer sacred knowledge one to another, even by oaths is good, but that is not the most important reason to have such a place, or even it's commanded purpose.

Shalom
I kinda like going to the temple

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

Jules wrote: August 28th, 2022, 2:05 pm

nope wasn't . . just random sorry you took it personal

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

bbrown wrote: August 28th, 2022, 3:20 pm This rings of “we are mighty and our cities are great, we cannot be destroyed in one day”. If there’s an earthquake big enough to take down that building as it was, Built of hand carved stone , then the majority of Salt Lake City will be leveled. The temple will be the least of their worries for a long time. That’s not counting the destruction of some very unique and special art and construction on the inside.
hope you are not hoping for that to happen .. . i like that temple

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

EvanLM wrote: August 28th, 2022, 7:01 pm

Shalom
I kinda like going to the temple
I am not telling anyone to stop! I am saying everyone has to do more... especially in repentance, seeking Father personally, and righteousness.

Personally, if they turn the SL Temple into a movie house, I do not see any purpose in trampling the halls of the All Mighty needlessly!

bbrown
captain of 100

Post by bbrown »

hope you are not hoping for that to happen .. . i like that temple
[/quote]

I’m not hoping anything. I’d hate to see it wiped out. They’ve already made a horrendous mess of it. That said, trying to outsmart God is a bad idea as the previously quoted nephites found out and as the people at the great tower found out, and various others. If He decides something should be destroyed, there’s nothing that will stop that. If He wants something preserved He will do so. If the coming earthquakes are a result of the wickedness of his people, they will target what ever will humble them to repentance or destruction. Which ever they choose.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

EvanLM wrote: August 28th, 2022, 7:03 pm
Jules wrote: August 28th, 2022, 2:05 pm

nope wasn't . . just random sorry you took it personal
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry you assumed I took it personal. My intent was to clarify information. :roll:

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer2 »

Such vanity and greed
Fail.

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

Personally, I’m sticking with my prediction from the day the retrofitting for earthquakes was announced. I don’t believe we will see it finished. It will be destroyed by an earthquake as divine justice for “steadying the ark”.

There are current photos in the post:

http://barerecord.blogspot.com/

If someone can move the photos to this thread, my most sincere gratitude for your superior computer skills!
I don't know if it will be finished or not, but the instant they announced it was to be retrofitted for earthquakes I said aloud "Well now its going to fall down." I was just as surprised as my family by the words coming out of my mouth. I might have even been chastised for even thinking it let alone saying it in front of the kids. But I don't remember thinking it, just a gut reaction right out of my mouth.

The murals being destroyed is maddening. What were they thinking? Really?