How Homeless In the Institutional Church do you feel?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.

How many others in your ward get what's going on?

A. Nobody...I'm an island
30%
B. One other person
20%
C. 2 to 3 other people
26%
D. 4 to 6 other people
10%
E. 6 to 10 other people
4%
F. Over 10 people
10%

Total votes: 97
Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: How Homeless In the Institutional Church do you feel?

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

BigT wrote: August 26th, 2022, 7:42 pm
InfoWarrior82 wrote: August 26th, 2022, 6:38 pmHuh?
I think Evan is drinking, or something. He’s seemed “unstable” recently.
Wouldn't be the first drunk on the forum. (Not saying your are Evan) We had a crazy thread some time ago. Things digressed rapidly. Yet it was amazing to see his level of grammar and ability to string together four letter words in quite unique ways. 🙂

BigT
captain of 100

Post by BigT »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: August 26th, 2022, 9:10 pm
Wouldn't be the first drunk on the forum. (Not saying your are Evan) We had a crazy thread some time ago. Things digressed rapidly. Yet it was amazing to see his level of grammar and ability to string together four letter words in quite unique ways. 🙂
I wouldn’t cast stones for someone imbibing, just know when NOT to go online and post. I’ve been on internet fora for ~15 years and have a pretty good idea when someone is drunk-posting. Again, not to cast stones just for that. I’ve appreciated many of Evan’s posts.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

yah, I'm like the homeless guy sitting in a lawn chair across from the big and spacious building, eating popcorn and watching the movie from afar.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

EvanLM wrote: August 26th, 2022, 6:34 pm you're such a debbie downer, after all, this IS the last days
rock and roll ....

I'll have what she's having.

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

EvanLM wrote: August 26th, 2022, 8:07 pm

Not sure what side I belong to cuz I have always been the lowest snake belly in the church. The bottom of the crap pile. Not only am I single but worst of all . . .divorced. scum under the feet of y'all
I'm not calling out Evan on this, and I don't want to derail the thread, but I have to address a misconception that is so prevalent among people it is driving so many of the world's problems right now.

But first, the small misconception in the church:

Little to know one in the church thinks you are scum for being divorced. The church has the same divorce statistics as the world, even with"temple marriage. If they hate you, it is because they hate themselves. More than half are in the same boat, some just remarried. I have seen an RS president try to arrange lunch with divorced sisters just to help the sisters who think they are alone see that all of the female leadership in the ward had been divorced as well as more than half the sisters.

The bigger problem, and the thoughts expressed by Evan above are just one example. It is the notion that something bad is happening to you because . . . pick your victim card.

I have heard people blame everything from bad doctors to bad service at restaurants to treatment at work on their particular flavor of insecurity. And yet every time I hear the stories all I can think is "Sure, I've seen that too. But not because I'm a certain color or gender or religion or rich or poor or uneducated or anything else like that. It is because there are crappy doctors. Crappy servers. Crappy bosses. And even just people having a crappy day.

So even though it may feel personal or motivated by some specific hate, it is really just life.

I hope this frees someone to let go of a worry or two and just live.

God does not want you to worry and He is not setting you up to fail.

largerthanlife2
captain of 100

Post by largerthanlife2 »

The church doesn't allow conservatives to express opposition to the new woke church. If you don't toe the line, you will be seen as a heathen.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Lizzy60 wrote: August 26th, 2022, 8:08 pm
Evan is a woman.
Well, seems I got that one wrong. More Yvonne than Ivan then...

However, I'm sorry to hear she feels discriminated against for being divorced. I know a lot of members in that category. The church can make unmarried people over 30 feel very uncomfortable.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Jeremiah 12:5 KJV
If thou hast run with the footmen, and they have wearied thee, then how canst thou contend with horses? and if in the land of peace, wherein thou trustedst, they wearied thee, then how wilt thou do in the swelling* of Jordan?
* This word is variously translated as thicket, floodplain etc. This doesn't change the sense much. The thicket is where they would be hiding in a war, and flooding is also something hard to contend with.

The gist of the verse is roughly (in my paraphrases) "if you can't keep up with the footmen, how can you keep up with the horses?"... and "if you struggle in peacetime, how are you going to do in disaster?"

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

I know of one other family who gets it. They home school their children and refused to wear masks at church. The mom stays at home and their family struggles to make ends meet, but they get by.

Hogmeister
captain of 100

Post by Hogmeister »

I know plenty of individuals that get it or partially gets it but sadly not one of them belong to my ward. In my ward I am an island and everyone knows it. My wife supports me halfway but don't really want any details or direct knowledge.

tdj
captain of 1,000

Post by tdj »

The Red Pill wrote: August 26th, 2022, 2:18 pm The last two and a half years has been a real awakening for me personally. I witnessed my own Bishop being released for not wearing a mask, and a High Councilman for the same reason, both good men.

I recoiled in disbelief as Q15 recklessly rolled up thier sleeves in front of the cameras and later urged the clot-shot..for EVERYONE...including children.

It blew my mind to find out about the churches Ensign Peak Advisors $150 billion stock portfolio tithing slush fund. Then came the understanding of the UN partnership, NAACP donations, Red Cross donations, GAVI donations, $120,000.00 base pay, admissions of not seeing God, pushing the LGBTQ agenda, wokeness culture, forgetting Pioneer Day entirely, good global citizen declarations, agenda 2030 talk in conference, donations to Biden...then Oaks being an apologist for it all.

In my ward, I feel pretty homeless. Only one other family totally gets what's going on. Two to three others partially get what's going on...and the rest are hopelessly in the matrix.

What is your experience in your own ward?
I've haven't spoken with the bulk of the people in my ward about these subjects, so I have no idea on who gets what's going on and who doesn't. So I can't really accurately take the poll. But I pretty much agree with what you say. The shot so far hasn't caused the huge amounts of problems we thought. Yes, it has caused some considerable problems and in a considerable enough of the population to be concerning. But I don't think the church leaders seriously thought it would be a problem. Otherwise they wouldn't have taken it themselves. Despite my hesitations on this shot, I have to give the leaders credit for being willing to stick their own necks out.
All the other stuff you mentioned; yes, it all concerns me greatly, and I don't at all like it. I have a temple cleaning job, and when they redid the old temple, it now looks just a little too woke for me. Mainly the paintings in the temple are drastically different. There's not a single portrait of a white person, except Jesus, and these days even his skin tone is getting darker. Although that's probably a bit more accurate then the traditional paintings of Jesus.

tdj
captain of 1,000

Post by tdj »

JuneBug12000 wrote: August 26th, 2022, 10:38 pm
EvanLM wrote: August 26th, 2022, 8:07 pm

Not sure what side I belong to cuz I have always been the lowest snake belly in the church. The bottom of the crap pile. Not only am I single but worst of all . . .divorced. scum under the feet of y'all
I'm not calling out Evan on this, and I don't want to derail the thread, but I have to address a misconception that is so prevalent among people it is driving so many of the world's problems right now.

But first, the small misconception in the church:

Little to know one in the church thinks you are scum for being divorced. The church has the same divorce statistics as the world, even with"temple marriage. If they hate you, it is because they hate themselves. More than half are in the same boat, some just remarried. I have seen an RS president try to arrange lunch with divorced sisters just to help the sisters who think they are alone see that all of the female leadership in the ward had been divorced as well as more than half the sisters.

The bigger problem, and the thoughts expressed by Evan above are just one example. It is the notion that something bad is happening to you because . . . pick your victim card.

I have heard people blame everything from bad doctors to bad service at restaurants to treatment at work on their particular flavor of insecurity. And yet every time I hear the stories all I can think is "Sure, I've seen that too. But not because I'm a certain color or gender or religion or rich or poor or uneducated or anything else like that. It is because there are crappy doctors. Crappy servers. Crappy bosses. And even just people having a crappy day.

So even though it may feel personal or motivated by some specific hate, it is really just life.

I hope this frees someone to let go of a worry or two and just live.

God does not want you to worry and He is not setting you up to fail.
Well, I've noticed a huge difference in the ward I joined in and the ward we have now in my area. When I and my family first joined the church, I was almost forty years old. The church members were mostly born and raised in this area, and they were a very outgoing bunch. Since then, we have had a bunch of people move in from Utah and the surrounding, hard core LDS areas. As a result, the attitudes of Utah has followed. What I mean is the people are now different. They aren't so near as friendly and are a bit more standoffish. Much like the church members act to non church folk in Utah. Since we are so new to the church, they kind of don't really socialize much with us. We're the "new" guys. That and my personality has gotten a bit more antisocial as I've gotten older, and I just can't really do the small chitty chat so many of the other ladies seem fond of doing. I actually find other women to be a bit annoying. The men are ok, although I don't respect them so much either because these days they seem like a bunch of soft handed sissies.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

I don’t care if I’m a loner. I love being churchless and at home with Christ.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Mamabear wrote: August 27th, 2022, 12:58 pm I don’t care if I’m a loner. I love being churchless and at home with Christ.
I don't mind being a loner so much either, but a lot of times I need an outlet to vent all my thoughts and ideas. A forum like this is often sufficient, but sometimes it isn't. I do like the concept of lifting where you stand, so I'm content with fellowshipping at church to the degree I can. I just can't support the masonic counterfeit temple endowment, so that will shortly leave me with an expired recommend.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Shawn Henry wrote: August 27th, 2022, 2:13 pm
Mamabear wrote: August 27th, 2022, 12:58 pm I don’t care if I’m a loner. I love being churchless and at home with Christ.
snip[ I'm content with fellowshipping at church to the degree I can.\
I'm content in our ward - basically a remote outpost in NW Missouri... Great people.
I feel comfortable talking about secret combinations here, and AoA (about 26 miles from here), and Independence, Missouri (about 100 miles from where I live) as the "center place" of Zion - see DC 57 and 84.

Couple of weeks ago, a brother in P. Mtg. said we should "follow th e prophet." I immediately responded, "well the prophet tells us to follow Jesus Christ!" There was no disagreement with me. I think most got the point.

Our Bishop invited our ward to grow potatoes on a chunk of his farm - and we Did!!

Housing is cheap out here, too - if you look.
Earlier this year, I helped a family find a nice home near a lake for $15,000.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

BroJones wrote: August 27th, 2022, 2:23 pm Couple of weeks ago, a brother in P. Mtg. said we should "follow the prophet." I immediately responded, "well the prophet tells us to follow Jesus Christ!" There was no disagreement with me. I think most got the point.
I wish that was a conversation every ward could have. Why is that particular three worded phrase nowhere in all of scripture? Why does a search result in scripture yield zero hits? Are we to believe that only prophets after JS were inspired enough to correctly express that concept? Is it not the same thing as the saints telling Moses, "No, you go up on the mount for us and just tell us what God said." Or the people abdicating their own responsibility to govern themselves by wanting a king to do it for them.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

I know there are at least a few others in my ward who haven't gotten the shot, and who don't wear masks. But I don't talk about these things in church much. So I'm not sure how many people feel that way. As I mentioned in another thread, I was called a tare by a woman in relief society last year. Not by name, but just because I didn't want to get a shot and thought Nelson was speaking as a man and not as a prophet of God when he urged us to get the shot. I was sitting at home watching because masks were required at church unless you got the shot, and I wasn't going to do that, obviously! And I wasn't going to lie about it in church, either. I turned off the feed after she said that. :roll:

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

BroJones wrote: August 27th, 2022, 2:23 pm
Couple of weeks ago, a brother in P. Mtg. said we should "follow th e prophet." I immediately responded, "well the prophet tells us to follow Jesus Christ!" There was no disagreement with me. I think most got the point.
Does he? Does he really tell us to do that? Nelson says many things that are contradictory. If you truly listen to the man and his wife, you should be utterly confused right now.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

The Red Pill wrote: August 26th, 2022, 2:18 pm The last two and a half years has been a real awakening for me personally. I witnessed my own Bishop being released for not wearing a mask, and a High Councilman for the same reason, both good men.

I recoiled in disbelief as Q15 recklessly rolled up thier sleeves in front of the cameras and later urged the clot-shot..for EVERYONE...including children.

It blew my mind to find out about the churches Ensign Peak Advisors $150 billion stock portfolio tithing slush fund. Then came the understanding of the UN partnership, NAACP donations, Red Cross donations, GAVI donations, $120,000.00 base pay, admissions of not seeing God, pushing the LGBTQ agenda, wokeness culture, forgetting Pioneer Day entirely, good global citizen declarations, agenda 2030 talk in conference, donations to Biden...then Oaks being an apologist for it all.

In my ward, I feel pretty homeless. Only one other family totally gets what's going on. Two to three others partially get what's going on...and the rest are hopelessly in the matrix.

Since by now, everyone with active brain cells know that there is no benefit to wearing a mask. It does show compliance to an evil master, however.

So your Bishop and High Councilor were removed from their jobs at bringing people to Christ, for the offense of refusing to worship satan. Certainly, they knew the masks were of no benefit or they would have worn one.

How is it that a congregation that personally witnesses punishment for refusing to worship satan can attend another meeting?

They have 100% proof positive that the Q15 are corrupt.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

largerthanlife2 wrote: August 26th, 2022, 11:00 pm The church doesn't allow conservatives to express opposition to the new woke church. If you don't toe the line, you will be seen as a heathen.
This should be seen for what it is. Only satanic people are deluded into the woke crap. Being on the same side as satan means one is on the opposite side of Christ.

Any organization that thinks there is any merit in the Black Lives Matter organization has a mental disorder. But funding them with millions of dollars proves hatred of God. The LDS Church actually paid millions to BLM to burn down Wendys, destroy other property, cause chaos, put people out of work, etc. There is no good side to BLM.

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

Christianlee wrote: August 27th, 2022, 3:13 am I know of one other family who gets it. They home school their children and refused to wear masks at church. The mom stays at home and their family struggles to make ends meet, but they get by.
You kind of described my family, though we haven’t had to live paycheck to paycheck for 6 years or so. We did homeschool our kids until about 9 days ago when we sent them back to a charter school.

The reason I’m responding is because I was just thinking an hour or two ago how my family stands out and is different than most. Standing out from Babylon is a good thing. We stand out because my wife is a stay at home mother. We stand out because we only have one income. We stand out because we manage our finances. We started out with $300 total when we got married. Not really, because we had about $55,000 in student loans. We stand out because we paid those off completely about 2.5 years ago. We stand out because we don’t document our life on social media. We stand out because we have a year supply of food storage and other preparations. We stand out because we have a large savings (compared to most). We stand out because we grow a garden, preserve our own food, raise our own animals. We stand out because we removed the television as the center piece of our family room.

You get the point. I’m not trying to boast, though I know God has blessed my family.

Sorry if it’s a little off topic, but it was a string of thoughts I had earlier that fit perfectly when I just now read this.

Stand out! Be different! It takes effort, but it pays off.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

cyclOps wrote: August 27th, 2022, 9:07 pmStand out! Be different! It takes effort, but it pays off.
Thank you - encouraging!

I have been surprised at how many in our ward (some inactive now, some active) know that Covid was bs. One (who recently moved) also began questioning church leaders & the whole dogmatic package. A sister came over & we had a long talk & I was amazed how much she had researched! She said, “You’re not a lone. Many people get it - they just don’t say anything.”

Is not saying anything much better than not getting it - or even worse? It reminds me of a therapist explaining how in some cases of abuse - the “sane” enabler is more responsible than the insane abuser. But I don’t want to stir up more hatred for people being blind as many of us were not long ago. Still, how different would the world be if we all were more concerned with pleasing the God of TRUTH, than people!

NeveR
captain of 1,000

Post by NeveR »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: August 27th, 2022, 4:14 pm
Does he? Does he really tell us to do that? Nelson says many things that are contradictory. If you truly listen to the man and his wife, you should be utterly confused right now.
I think the point is that a good prophet WOULD say that because ultimately he knows that he is just a human and that every other human needs to have a direct relationship with the Lord if they are to find real truth in their lives.

Yes the Brethren need to be scrutinized and held to account, but obsessing with RMN's personal human failings can, if taken too far, narrow our scope and blind us to more important things.

Let's follow Jesus Christ. Can't go far wrong with that.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

NeveR wrote: August 28th, 2022, 4:32 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: August 27th, 2022, 4:14 pm
I think the point is that a good prophet WOULD say that because ultimately he knows that he is just a human and that every other human needs to have a direct relationship with the Lord if they are to find real truth in their lives.

Yes the Brethren need to be scrutinized and held to account, but obsessing with RMN's personal human failings can, if taken too far, narrow our scope and blind us to more important things.

Let's follow Jesus Christ. Can't go far wrong with that.
The man teaches evil, anti-Christian, principles that kills people physically and spiritually. He is a hypocrite.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Fred wrote: August 27th, 2022, 8:34 pm

Since by now, everyone with active brain cells know that there is no benefit to wearing a mask. It does show compliance to an evil master, however.

So your Bishop and High Councilor were removed from their jobs at bringing people to Christ, for the offense of refusing to worship satan. Certainly, they knew the masks were of no benefit or they would have worn one.

How is it that a congregation that personally witnesses punishment for refusing to worship satan can attend another meeting?

They have 100% proof positive that the Q15 are corrupt.
A thought came to mind reading your post above in regards to bishops etc being released for non-compliance.

A weeding out of leadership. Quite effective!
Similar to what Obama did to military leadership. "Join us in insanity or lose your position" , Russell M. Nelson.

All of this is so very interesting to me. It's exactly like watching a stupid movie, with a stupid script.... and you say to yourself "who would be entertained by such stupidity?" The characters are stupefied. Their words make no sense. Imbeciles. Their expressions, totally faked. Their sincerity ...well...they have none.

crazy klown world! How can so great a number be this dumb? Do they have a spirit at all? Are they NPC's? These are serious questions.