The Call-Out has Begun! Church Press Release!

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: The Call-Out has Begun! Church Press Release!

Post by rewcox »

zionminded wrote:
rewcox wrote:
zionminded wrote:So church doctrine only comes from the 15. How much truth comes from the rest of Fathers children?
When looking at the scriptures, who is it coming from?

The track record for those individuals who chose to share their dreams and visions, isn't looking so good at the moment.
Name a LDS prophet in the last 100 years' who's prophecy has come true? I bet you could hardly name one who has made a prophecy at all.
Where do you come from?

The prophecies in the scriptures are thousands of years old. No need to add to them.

If you and others want to make some up, go ahead.

zionminded
captain of 1,000

Post by zionminded »

rewcox wrote:
zionminded wrote:
rewcox wrote:
zionminded wrote:So church doctrine only comes from the 15. How much truth comes from the rest of Fathers children?

The track record for those individuals who chose to share their dreams and visions, isn't looking so good at the moment.
Name a LDS prophet in the last 100 years' who's prophecy has come true? I bet you could hardly name one who has made a prophecy at all.
Where do you come from?

The prophecies in the scriptures are thousands of years old. No need to add to them.

If you and others want to make some up, go ahead.
That reminds me of how Joseph Smith was approached following the First Vision:
Joseph Smith—History 1:21
21 Some few days after I had this vision, I happened to be in company with one of the Methodist preachers, who was very active in the before mentioned religious excitement; and, conversing with him on the subject of religion, I took occasion to give him an account of the vision which I had had. I was greatly surprised at his behavior; he treated my communication not only lightly, but with great contempt, saying it was all of the devil, that there were no such things as visions or revelations in these days; that all such things had ceased with the apostles, and that there would never be any more of them.
Let me suggest that you read this talk:
https://www.lds.org/ensign/1971/06/the- ... n?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

McConkie quotes J.S:
It is the right of members of the Church to receive revelation. Joseph Smith said: “… God hath not revealed anything to Joseph, but what he will make known unto the Twelve, and even the least Saint may know all things as fast as he is able to bear them. …” (Teachings, p. 149.)

Also: “It is the privilege of every Elder to speak of the things of God; and could we all come together with one heart and one mind in perfect faith the veil might as well be rent today as next week, or any other time. …” (Teachings, p. 9.)
I testify the heaven's are not closed, and the veil is thin. Any of us are entitled to receive revelation of the mysteries, and some of those will tell their stories, even if it is told through the lens of their agency and bias. The Spirit of the Lord is not closed, and is not limited to the 15 men in SLC, who often are also unable to share the details of their understanding because of the politics of the day. However, if you listen, you see layers of meaning of revelatory truth hidden in the parables of their messages. The shift, is NOT that the church leaders are off track (though politics do happen), its that we are at a phase where WE must cross the veil and speak with the Lord (i.e. been to the temple lately?).

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

zionminded wrote:I testify the heaven's are not closed, and the veil is thin. Any of us are entitled to receive revelation of the mysteries, and some of those will tell their stories, even if it is told through the lens of their agency and bias. The Spirit of the Lord is not closed, and is not limited to the 15 men in SLC, who often are also unable to share the details of their understanding because of the politics of the day. However, if you listen, you see layers of meaning of revelatory truth hidden in the parables of their messages. The shift, is NOT that the church leaders are off track (though politics do happen), its that we are at a phase where WE must cross the veil and speak with the Lord (i.e. been to the temple lately?).
Of course it is open for our own sphere of influence. Yet what we have seen with JR, some on this forum, is outside the sphere.

Speaking with the Lord does not equate to blabbing to the public.

zionminded
captain of 1,000

Post by zionminded »

rewcox wrote:
zionminded wrote:I testify the heaven's are not closed, and the veil is thin. Any of us are entitled to receive revelation of the mysteries, and some of those will tell their stories, even if it is told through the lens of their agency and bias. The Spirit of the Lord is not closed, and is not limited to the 15 men in SLC, who often are also unable to share the details of their understanding because of the politics of the day. However, if you listen, you see layers of meaning of revelatory truth hidden in the parables of their messages. The shift, is NOT that the church leaders are off track (though politics do happen), its that we are at a phase where WE must cross the veil and speak with the Lord (i.e. been to the temple lately?).
Of course it is open for our own sphere of influence. Yet what we have seen with JR, some on this forum, is outside the sphere.

Speaking with the Lord does not equate to blabbing to the public.
I agree with that to a point. It is my belief that Satan wants to silence people to testify of Christ and the "signs of the times". Of course there is a difference between testifying and prophesying, and a thick grey area between them, but Satan wants neither to happen. The problem I see with J.R isn't her per se, rather it's her followers. Most (but not all) come from the popular LDS position of "follow the prophet" [sing it with me].

The proper way to approach J.R., is to ask the Lord to reveal to you what of her message is important, and then follow that for you personally. If you have the faith, why not ask to see what she saw (See Nephi and the Tree Vision). However most LDS members don't know how to do that, because they don't do that with church leaders now, and are not taught to do so. They are told to "follow the prophet", so they carry these sociological behaviors into their relationship with J.R.

So the only factor left, is on the scale of testifying or prophesying, where does the needle point? In LDS culture, its strongly pointed to "keep it to yourself". I think that's wrong, though I know why it is this way (as I said above). I would rather see the saints move toward more information is better, and let the Spirit help people sift and sort it individually. Isn't that what Moroni said in Chapter 10? Or is there a disclaimer that you don't need to ask if it is true if it comes from a stewardship role from 15 men in SLC? If we should always ask if anything is true, should we not consider J.R.'s experience and sift and sort what the Lord would have us know, or is it better to suppress her into the background out of fear (or worse: the influence of Satan to hide any truth, no matter the source).

Alighieri
captain of 100

Post by Alighieri »

KurtTheMormon wrote:So are you writing this just to mock those who believe in a call-out, or?....
I love you guys, and I do not want you to be following after people who preach to your itching ears.

The has blessed all of us with a First Presidency, A Quorum of 12 Apostles, A stake presidency, a bishopric and home teachers. All of these people have a stewardship over us and can give us direction. If we follow the prophet and heed those who have stewardship over us we can be truly happy.

The future is as bright as your faith.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

All sarcasm aside, I hope the absence of cataclysmic events means I can go back to buying my food storage at reasonable prices now. Every time the panic sets in, prices go through the roof!

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

Alighieri wrote:
KurtTheMormon wrote:So are you writing this just to mock those who believe in a call-out, or?....
I love you guys, and I do not want you to be following after people who preach to your itching ears.
One does not mock those he loves.

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Post by setyourselffree »

h_p wrote:
Alighieri wrote:
Not true Jesus mocked the Sadducee's and pharisees all the time. In fact here is my favorite mocking of all time. From Elijah, " 27 And it came to pass at noon, that Elijah mocked them, and said, Cry aloud: for he is a god; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth, and must be awaked."

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

Oh, give me a break. Yeah, we can all just FEEL the love from you people.

Alighieri
captain of 100

Post by Alighieri »

Hebrews 12:7-8

If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

Embrace it and go forward with faith.

boo
captain of 1,000

Post by boo »

zionminded wrote:
rewcox wrote:

Does something from Hugh b Brown when he was in the first presidency count? If so I can as a personal witness both to what he prophesied and its fulfillment

zionminded
captain of 1,000

Post by zionminded »

yes boo., and I agree.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

Alighieri wrote:Hebrews 12:7-8

If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

I can't even...

Shelly L Erickson
captain of 10

Post by Shelly L Erickson »

I agree with you to a point Alighieri
However, JR never claimed to have stewardship over anyone other than maybe herself and her children
I too believe we should be turning to our Church leaders for Guidence... But let me ask you this
If what you are saying is true... then why should any of us ever share our testimonies?
Afterall isn't that what JR was doing when she wrote her books?
Testifying to what she was shown in her NDE and believed to be true?
She never claimed to be a Prophet by any means
Certain members have put her up on that pedistal
I'm not sure any of us could handle that sort of pressure
I'm beginning to better understand how Joseph Smith and Noah must have felt.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Shelly L Erickson wrote:I agree with you to a point Alighieri
However, JR never claimed to have stewardship over anyone other than maybe herself and her children
I too believe we should be turning to our Church leaders for Guidence... But let me ask you this
If what you are saying is true... then why should any of us ever share our testimonies?
Afterall isn't that what JR was doing when she wrote her books?
Testifying to what she was shown in her NDE and believed to be true?
She never claimed to be a Prophet by any means
Certain members have put her up on that pedistal
I'm not sure any of us could handle that sort of pressure
I'm beginning to better understand how Joseph Smith and Noah must have felt.
If she only claimed stewardship for herself and children, then why write a book for the world? And why make statements like this below?
Q: There are professional anti’s out there, who want to discredit anyone who has had an experience that is faith-promoting and reaffirms a belief in Heavenly Father or Jesus Christ.

If you come across someone like that, please come to my defense because I’m not going to have the time to defend myself to everyone like that. My mission is to witness and to testify, and there is nothing to defend. It is the truth and I will not be put in a position where I need to defend. It’s my understanding that there are some online forums where people are trying to stir the pot and do whatever they can to dissent or take away from the message that the Lord would have us to know, and to those I say “Stop it.” You do not know what you are messing with and I am not talking about me. I’m talking about the ultimate higher power.
http://www.nofearpreps.com/julie-rowe-transcript.html

First off, no one questioned her testimony or her encouragement to follow the leaders, we questioned her NDE and the things she claimed God taught her and wanted her to teach the rest of us--namely her reliance on energy healing, her promotion of tent cities, her comments about the Anti christ, Big Foot, earthquakes in Utah in October, the capital moving to Denver, Ebola, Stolen elections, martial law, etc.
She is saying that her message (and to me that means the whole thing) is from God and if we disagree with her, we're bringing the judgement of God upon us. That doesn't sound like someone who thinks their message is only for herself and her children.

While she's never said she is a Prophetess, you must admit that she's made predictions and as I've shown above, warned against the judgement of God if we don't believe her claims.

By your last statement, it seems you equate Julie Rowe with Joseph Smith and Noah. Why would you think that unless you believe Julie is a Prophetess--and yet, you say she's never made this claim. This is what I mean. She doesn't have to make the claim, some of her followers believe it of her.

Julie Rowe has never explained why she was on AVOW for several years, sharing her dreams, never mentioning an NDE(which she later said she wasn't supposed to share for 9 years). Then, she writes a book about her NDE where many of the things she shared in her dreams were what she saw in her NDE. That needs an explanation, because it is damaging to her credibility.

Julie's involvement in Energy healing has damaged her credibility.

IMO, She's done the right thing by stopping her energy healing services and not giving more presentations, but she's not a victim. I'm sorry, but she made choices and now she's responsible for the consequences which come from those choices.

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

[quote="AI2.0]First off, no one questioned her testimony or her encouragement to follow the leaders, we questioned her NDE and the things she claimed God taught her and wanted her to teach the rest of us--namely her reliance on energy healing, her promotion of tent cities, her comments about the Anti christ, Big Foot, earthquakes in Utah in October, the capital moving to Denver, Ebola, Stolen elections, martial law, etc.
She is saying that her message (and to me that means the whole thing) is from God and if we disagree with her, we're bringing the judgement of God upon us. That doesn't sound like someone who thinks their message is only for herself and her children.

While she's never said she is a Prophetess, you must admit that she's made predictions and as I've shown above, warned against the judgement of God if we don't believe her claims.

By your last statement, it seems you equate Julie Rowe with Joseph Smith and Noah. Why would you think that unless you believe Julie is a Prophetess--and yet, you say she's never made this claim. This is what I mean. She doesn't have to make the claim, some of her followers believe it of her.

Julie Rowe has never explained why she was on AVOW for several years, sharing her dreams, never mentioning an NDE(which she later said she wasn't supposed to share for 9 years). Then, she writes a book about her NDE where many of the things she shared in her dreams were what she saw in her NDE. That needs an explanation, because it is damaging to her credibility.

Julie's involvement in Energy healing has damaged her credibility.

IMO, She's done the right thing by stopping her energy healing services and not giving more presentations, but she's not a victim. I'm sorry, but she made choices and now she's responsible for the consequences which come from those choices.[/quote]

You pretty much nailed it.

Alighieri
captain of 100

Post by Alighieri »

h_p wrote: September 28th, 2015, 6:13 pm
Alighieri wrote:Hebrews 12:7-8

I can't even...
Unable to take correction. Won't even make it to the call-out.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Alighieri wrote: September 26th, 2015, 6:49 pm http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/c ... eparedness

Was this the type of call-out we have been anticipating?

I'm confused. That link jumped to https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.org/ and this is what I got:
Untitled 1.png
Untitled 1.png (378.73 KiB) Viewed 743 times

gilgal
captain of 10

Post by gilgal »

That link was posted back in 2015 before every church website was renamed. This is what it was back then https://web.archive.org/web/20150928183 ... eparedness

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

gilgal wrote: August 19th, 2022, 9:13 pm That link was posted back in 2015 before every church website was renamed. This is what it was back then https://web.archive.org/web/20150928183 ... eparedness
Thanks. Even though I knew they'd renamed their websites and redirected their old ones, I still expected it to go to the same article.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Alighieri wrote: September 26th, 2015, 6:49 pm http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/c ... eparedness

Was this the type of call-out we have been anticipating?
Courtesy of gilgal, here is the original:

Untitled LDS.png
Untitled LDS.png (163.77 KiB) Viewed 586 times

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

setyourselffree wrote: September 28th, 2015, 1:33 pm
h_p wrote:
Alighieri wrote:
Not true Jesus mocked the Sadducee's and pharisees all the time. In fact here is my favorite mocking of all time. From Elijah, " 27 And it came to pass at noon, that Elijah mocked them, and said, Cry aloud: for he is a god; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth, and must be awaked."
The irony is that Elijah's protege Elisha did not take mocking well. He cursed youths who mocked him who were subsequently killed by bears.

Senkyoshi
captain of 50

Post by Senkyoshi »

Kinda funny to read back in this thread and see all the Call Out/Julie Rowe supporters. Where have they gone?

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

gruden2.0 wrote: August 23rd, 2022, 8:15 pm
setyourselffree wrote: September 28th, 2015, 1:33 pm
h_p wrote:
Alighieri wrote:
The irony is that Elijah's protege Elisha did not take mocking well. He cursed youths who mocked him who were subsequently killed by bears.
He spoke in parables because the people just wanted to hear pretty words and he also called people who call themselves his followers hypocrites, Luke 12:56