Ready to Take the Joseph Smith was NOT a Polygamist Challenge??

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
LDS Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Ready to Take the Joseph Smith was NOT a Polygamist Challenge??

Post by LDS Watchman »

The Red Pill wrote: August 23rd, 2022, 10:09 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: August 23rd, 2022, 9:54 am
The Red Pill wrote: August 23rd, 2022, 9:30 am ...
You do know that Atticus really doesn't care to prove anything to you. I just think he's bored. I just ignore him. It's kind of unfortunate he chose a screen name of such a good character in The Chosen. That dude is pretty cool.
I know...

I just wanted to give him enough rope to hang himself...which he did.
I hung myself by proving that your accusations against Brigham Young are false?

You're hilarious. This really is the twilight zone.

Baurak Ale
Nauvoo Legion Captain

Post by Baurak Ale »

Alexander wrote: August 23rd, 2022, 10:09 am
The Red Pill wrote: August 23rd, 2022, 10:07 am
Alexander wrote: August 23rd, 2022, 9:32 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: August 23rd, 2022, 8:14 am Some of you need to read this. If I'm not mistaken, a majority of the 12 were in attendance at this meeting. If they "unanimously adopted" this, they are hypocrites in the extreme. (And by "they", I mean Brigham and his conspirators) This preamble to the Relief Society was given just three months before Joseph and Hyrum were murdered, and Samuel a month later.

https://salemthoughts.com/Topics/A_Voic ... ocence.pdf

"At four overflowing meetings of the Ladies of Nauvoo, members of the Female Relief Society, (each
meeting being composed of different members that all might have the opportunity of expressing their
feelings) held at Gen. Smith's large assembly room on Saturdays the 9th and 16th of March 1844. The
following preamble and resolutions were read and unanimously adopted at each meeting."

An excerpt: “That while we render credence to the doctrines of Paul, that neither the man is without the woman; neither is the woman without the man in the Lord, yet we raise our voices and hands against John C. Bennett’s “spiritual wife system,” as a grand scheme of profligates to seduce women; and they that harp upon it, wish to make it popular for the convenience of their own cupidity; wherefore, while the marriage bed, undefiled is honorable, let polygamy, bigamy, fornication, adultery, and prostitution, be frowned out of the hearts of honest men to drop into the gulf of fallen nature, ‘where the worm dieth not and the fire is not quenched! and let all the saints say, Amen!”

No wonder thousands of saints left the church after D&C 132 was announced in the 1852 GC.
“Frowned out of the heart of honest men”.

Says a lot.
Thanks,

This certainly didn't mince words!

Brigham was the poster child for hypocrisy. In March of 1844, Brigham had already taken on, IN SECRET, plural wives by this time. Yes, and there were other members of the twelve that were involved...and Joseph. Hyrum and Samual would all be dead within 4 months.

Hmmm....

Ironically, Hale's draws from Bennett’s accounts and uses them in his version of church history.
"We have thieves among us, adulterers, liars, hypocrites. If God should from heaven he would command you not to steal, not to commit adultery, not to covet, nor deceive, but be faithful over a few things. As far as we degenerate from God, we descend to the devil, and lose knowledge; and without knowledge we cannot be saved, and while our hearts are filled with evil, and we are studying evil, their is no room in our hearts for good or studying good,— is not God good, then you be good, if he is faithful, then you be faithful. Add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, and seek for every good thing. The Church must be cleansed, and I proclaim against all iniquity."
-Joseph Smith
https://www.josephsmithpapers.org/paper ... addenda/63
“Be faithful over a few things…” where have I heard that before?

His condemnation was against those who twisted his teaching on plural marriage and the unforgivable sin to mean that they could have sexual relations with anyone they wanted and not be damned for it. Not everyone fell for that, including and foremost Brigham Young and the other apostles.

Alexander
the Great
Location: amongst the brotherhood of the Black Robed Regiment; cocked hat and cocked rifle

Post by Alexander »

Baurak Ale wrote: August 23rd, 2022, 6:35 pm
Alexander wrote: August 23rd, 2022, 10:09 am
The Red Pill wrote: August 23rd, 2022, 10:07 am
Alexander wrote: August 23rd, 2022, 9:32 am
“Frowned out of the heart of honest men”.

Says a lot.
Thanks,

This certainly didn't mince words!

Brigham was the poster child for hypocrisy. In March of 1844, Brigham had already taken on, IN SECRET, plural wives by this time. Yes, and there were other members of the twelve that were involved...and Joseph. Hyrum and Samual would all be dead within 4 months.

Hmmm....

Ironically, Hale's draws from Bennett’s accounts and uses them in his version of church history.
"We have thieves among us, adulterers, liars, hypocrites. If God should from heaven he would command you not to steal, not to commit adultery, not to covet, nor deceive, but be faithful over a few things. As far as we degenerate from God, we descend to the devil, and lose knowledge; and without knowledge we cannot be saved, and while our hearts are filled with evil, and we are studying evil, their is no room in our hearts for good or studying good,— is not God good, then you be good, if he is faithful, then you be faithful. Add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, and seek for every good thing. The Church must be cleansed, and I proclaim against all iniquity."
-Joseph Smith
https://www.josephsmithpapers.org/paper ... addenda/63
“Be faithful over a few things…” where have I heard that before?

His condemnation was against those who twisted his teaching on plural marriage and the unforgivable sin to mean that they could have sexual relations with anyone they wanted and not be damned for it. Not everyone fell for that, including and foremost Brigham Young and the other apostles.

The Red Pill
captain of 1,000

Post by The Red Pill »

There certainly seems to be more than one...
170210124533-grimaldi-clowns-super-tease.jpg
170210124533-grimaldi-clowns-super-tease.jpg (155.83 KiB) Viewed 242 times

Alexander
the Great
Location: amongst the brotherhood of the Black Robed Regiment; cocked hat and cocked rifle

Post by Alexander »

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Very interesting testimony from prominent early church members who did not follow BY and did not accept polygamy yet averred that JS did indeed introduce it into the church.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Alexander wrote: August 23rd, 2022, 8:34 pm
Hence why I can only trust Joseph, Emma, and Hyrum...
The point is that this is an utterly ridiculous viewpoint to take in light of all the evidence.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

IWS' cat.jpeg
IWS' cat.jpeg (50.63 KiB) Viewed 123 times