Mormons praising Bergoglio’s Canadian trip?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Mormons praising Bergoglio’s Canadian trip?

Post by Christianlee »

I don’t get it. Praising globalist Bergoglio? Are the LDS that asleep?
https://news-ca.churchofjesuschrist.org ... her-rsquo-

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Mormons praising Bergoglio’s Canadian trip?

Post by Luke »

Very bizarre.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

There was a time when the Catholic church was considered the whore. But they sure did amass a lot of loot. The Q15 changed their tune. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Well, not sure what the negativity is about. Now that Bergoglio has done this it sets all future relations on an even playing field. No past sins hanging over the Catholics heads...they apologized, the people accepted their apology. Move forward free....seems nice.

Therefore, I give my permission for the Q15 to apologize to any group who might be offended or who think their ancestors might be offended by anything the LDS might have done since my first ancestor became a member down to the present day.

Now I am free from the terrible burden created by sharing a religion or skin color with people who lived many generations ago, but did not live according to the enlightenment of my generation.

Whew, what a relief.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Christianlee wrote: August 19th, 2022, 4:48 pm I don’t get it. Praising globalist Bergoglio? Are the LDS that asleep?
This came out of the Canada newsroom, not out of Salt Lake. The members quoted were in their majority local leaders.

The Red Pill
captain of 1,000

Post by The Red Pill »

Comforting when the church heaps praise on a globalist, marxist, WEF loving, traitor to his own faith...dirtbag.

Looks they are sucking up for a seat at the NWO table.

LDS Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LDS Watchman »

Subcomandante wrote: August 19th, 2022, 7:38 pm
Christianlee wrote: August 19th, 2022, 4:48 pm I don’t get it. Praising globalist Bergoglio? Are the LDS that asleep?
This came out of the Canada newsroom, not out of Salt Lake. The members quoted were in their majority local leaders.
I don't know that this matters. Especially considering that this did come from Salt Lake:

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/chu ... n?lang=eng

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Atticus wrote: August 19th, 2022, 8:42 pm
I don't know that this matters. Especially considering that this did come from Salt Lake:

Yes I know that President Nelson did meet with Pope Francis there in Rome. I am referring to the story that is on the Canadian LDS Newsroom and that the original poster went out of his way to say that the Mormons who heap praise on Bergoglio are asleep.

LDS Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LDS Watchman »

Subcomandante wrote: August 19th, 2022, 9:35 pm

Yes I know that President Nelson did meet with Pope Francis there in Rome. I am referring to the story that is on the Canadian LDS Newsroom and that the original poster went out of his way to say that the Mormons who heap praise on Bergoglio are asleep.
Are you also aware that President Nelson heaped praise on the Pope?

“We had a most cordial, unforgettable experience with His Holiness," Nelson said in a news release. "He was most gracious and warm and welcoming to President Ballard and me.

“What a sweet, wonderful man he is,” the Latter-day Saint president added, "and how fortunate the Catholic people are to have such a gracious, concerned, loving and capable leader.”

https://www.facebook.com/russell.m.nels ... 73/?type=3

If you want to argue that there's nothing wrong with heaping praises on the Pope, that's one thing. But your argument appears to be that it was wrong, but it was limited to a few Canadian church leaders. If it was wrong for them, it was most definitely wrong for President Nelson.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Atticus wrote: August 19th, 2022, 10:27 pm

“We had a most cordial, unforgettable experience with His Holiness," Nelson said in a news release. "He was most gracious and warm and welcoming to President Ballard and me.

“What a sweet, wonderful man he is,” the Latter-day Saint president added, "and how fortunate the Catholic people are to have such a gracious, concerned, loving and capable leader.”

If you want to argue that there's nothing wrong with heaping praises on the Pope, that's one thing. But your argument appears to be that it was wrong, but it was limited to a few Canadian church leaders. If it was wrong for them, it was most definitely wrong for President Nelson.
Yes, I am aware that President Nelson also praised the pope. My answer towards the OP is that he thinks that all the Mormons that praise Francis are asleep at the wheel. I disagree with that statement.

You don't want to remind the people on this board about appropriate protocols. Quite a few were VERY upset when they saw that President Nelson referred to Pope Francis as "His Holiness."

LDS Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LDS Watchman »

Subcomandante wrote: August 19th, 2022, 10:45 pm
Atticus wrote: August 19th, 2022, 10:27 pm

Yes, I am aware that President Nelson also praised the pope. My answer towards the OP is that he thinks that all the Mormons that praise Francis are asleep at the wheel. I disagree with that statement.

You don't want to remind the people on this board about appropriate protocols. Quite a few were VERY upset when they saw that President Nelson referred to Pope Francis as "His Holiness."
I take issue with President Nelson referring to him as "His Holiness" myself. And I definitely don't appreciate him calling him a "sweet wonderful man." But that's really not the point here.

Your rebuttal to the OP was that this didn't come from Salt Lake but from a few Church leaders in Canada. What point were your trying to make, if it wasn't an acknowledgement that the praise was concerning, but limited to a few isolated local leaders and not the general membership or leadership?

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Fawning over the pope again.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Robin Hood wrote: August 20th, 2022, 1:21 am Fawning over the pope again.
I can't help thinking it's cupboard love. They've got bigger buildings, fancier art and a longer history. Nelson wants a piece of that papal pie.

There are some genuine issues the LDS could join with the RCs to campaign on such as abortion and so on, but I don't see that happening.

As for "His Holiness" - that's ridiculous, just refer to the man as the Pope. The current one looks a nice old man, but his actions show his true colours. Anyway, I don't see him sucking up to the likes of Justin Welby, Patriarch Kirill and whoever the current Moderator of the Church of Scotland is this year.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

There is a simple explanation for talk like this:
We had a most cordial, unforgettable experience with His Holiness," Nelson said in a news release. "He was most gracious and warm and welcoming to President Ballard and me.

Nelson said the same things about the communist Jacinda Ardern of NZ.

What he is doing here is praising the vainglorious institution of "leadership". He is just another vainglorious leader, himself. The codependent masses must have leaders like the Pope, Jacinda Ardern, and RMN to guide them. It's all strong delusion.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Chip wrote: August 20th, 2022, 6:40 am There is a simple explanation for talk like this:
We had a most cordial, unforgettable experience with His Holiness," Nelson said in a news release. "He was most gracious and warm and welcoming to President Ballard and me.

Nelson said the same things about the communist Jacinda Ardern of NZ.

What he is doing here is praising the vainglorious institution of "leadership". He is just another vainglorious leader, himself. The codependent masses must have leaders like the Pope, Jacinda Ardern, and RMN to guide them. It's all strong delusion.
The joke is that RMN is nothing to the Pope, just the leader of some small American church filed in his mind below the leaders of the Orthodox and Anglicans and various archbishops of his own grouping.

As for Jacinda, she dropped the LDS because she knew it would damage her political career. That's the elephant in the room, and you can bet this wasn't properly discussed between them.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Quick search: learned he’s the 1st pope to be Jesuit & from the Americas (Argentina).

Interesting how the previous pope was made to step down probably due to his harsh stand against child molesting priests & Islamic doctrine. Is this pope easier on those?

The “CHRISLAM” Pope: Our World is Being Set Up for the ONE WORLD RELIGION https://grandmageri422.me/2019/02/11/th ... -religion/

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Thinker wrote: August 20th, 2022, 8:27 am Quick search: learned he’s the 1st pope to be Jesuit & from the Americas (Argentina).

Interesting how the previous pope was made to step down probably due to his harsh stand against child molesting priests & Islamic doctrine. Is this pope easier on those?

The “CHRISLAM” Pope: Our World is Being Set Up for the ONE WORLD RELIGION https://grandmageri422.me/2019/02/11/th ... -religion/
There's more to it than that. A lot of people say Benedict never really wanted to be Pope to begin with, because he's bookish and an academic. Francis is far more outgoing.

Having two (official) popes on the go at the same time is not unheard of, but the last time was hundreds of years ago. (Excluding Antipopes such as the Avignon crew.)

Francis had a very odd, and mixed relationship with Argentina's military dictatorships of the 70s and 80s. It suggests he is good at fitting into different situations. John Paul II was at least quite consistent in criticising the treatment of his church by the Communist Polish government.

The Red Pill
captain of 1,000

Post by The Red Pill »

Thinker wrote: August 20th, 2022, 8:27 am Quick search: learned he’s the 1st pope to be Jesuit & from the Americas (Argentina).

The CHRISLAM makes perfect sense given all the sucking up to the UN, WEF and the globalist pope RMN has done...

...they want a SEAT AT THE TABLE!!

Isaiah sees it quite differently...

"Procrastinate, and become bewildered; preoccupy
yourselves, until you cry for help. Be drunk, but not with wine; stagger, but not from strong drink. Jehovah has poured out on you a spirit of deep sleep: he has shut your eyes, the prophets; he has covered your heads, the seers.” (Isaiah 29:9–10)

“Jehovah will cut off from Israel head and tail, palm top and reed, in a single day; the elders or notables are the head, the prophets who teach falsehoods, the tail. The leaders of these people have misled them, and those who are led are confused.” (Isaiah 9:14–16)

“All you wild beasts, you animals of the forest, come and devour! Their watchmen are altogether blind and unaware; all of them are but dumb watchdogs unable to bark, lolling seers fond of slumber. Gluttonous dogs, and insatiable, such indeed are insensible shepherds.” (Isaiah 56:9–11

Dave62
destroyer of hopes & dreams

Post by Dave62 »

I don't give half a flying toss.

GeeR
captain of 1,000

Post by GeeR »

This is the same guy that preached a sermon saying that "Jesus' atonement was a failure because he ended up dead on the cross." I kid you not!

GeeR
captain of 1,000

Post by GeeR »

All one has to do is propound unity, inclusion, walking together and other Marxist and Communists Aesopian language and you can turn Mormon lemmings into "useful idiots", as exemplified in Pope Francis apology visit to Canada!

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

next week you guys will post your anger cuz the prophet doesn't listen to the special Catholick that you like. or they don't accept and give praise to the group outside of the church that you support. everyone should listen only to who you approve and silence those who you don't approve. darn democrats allof ya

what you guys really do, even though you think you are helping someone, is that you actually censor anything you don't like . . .then when one person posts it all of the buddies like and share it as if a facebook post

always the same comments nothing new and directed at every article even though some are a different theme

TwochurchesOnly
captain of 1,000

Post by TwochurchesOnly »

🤢

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

EvanLM wrote: August 21st, 2022, 5:46 pm next week you guys will post your anger cuz the prophet doesn't listen to the special Catholick that you like. or they don't accept and give praise to the group outside of the church that you support. everyone should listen only to who you approve and silence those who you don't approve. darn democrats allof ya

what you guys really do, even though you think you are helping someone, is that you actually censor anything you don't like . . .then when one person posts it all of the buddies like and share it as if a facebook post

always the same comments nothing new and directed at every article even though some are a different theme
I just mentioned Bergoglio. Right now he is the focus of evil.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Dave62 wrote: August 20th, 2022, 6:52 pm I don't give half a flying toss.
How about 1/4 & of what? :P