Demonic Possession; personal experiences.

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Refraction75
captain of 100

Re: Demonic Possession; personal experiences.

Post by Refraction75 »

I served a mission in Brazil from 94 to 96. My companion and I were teaching a first discussion in an heavily populated catholic city. We didnt teach alot of discussions but happen to find someone willing to hear about Joseph Smith's experience and the book of Mormon. During that rare discussion a person that was friends with the family came over. After listening a bit He asked if we could come over and bless his sister who was really sick. He said the catholic priest came over but couldnt help her. We said sure and proceeded to his house after the discussion. We walked into the house and the first things i noticed was all the curtains were shut...it was so dark inside and i thought that was weird so i asked him to open the curtains and let some light into the house. The brother did so. A few minutes later he brought his sister out from a back room. She did look really sick. She was sweating badly and it seemed to me had a slightly greenish complection. I asked her what was wrong, she didnt answer. Her brother did answer on her behalf and said she wasnt eating for the last 3 days...and recently wasnt drinking water either. I was relatively new on my mission I had been out maybe 6 months or so. We started to give her a priesthood blessing. the annointing went fine...but when it came to give her the actual blessing from the Lord. I could feel her head start shaking more and more violently. Until she burst out screaming. My companion and I immediately stopped the blessing and stepped back completley startled. He asked me in a panick what is going on with her...i felt impressed to say she has an evil spirit in her. She was swearing at us in english and flaying her arms wildly about at this point. I brought my arm to the square and cast it out in the name of Jesus Christ. She rattled screaming and swearing around for what seemed like an eternity but probably was only a few seconds in duration. I honestly have never felt so close to God and close to satan at the same exact time. We left their home feeling unsettled spiritually. We decided to walk a bit then go into an area that was private and pray together to get back the spirit. It did feel better after the prayer. We fasted the next day then returned a day later to give maybe a follow up blessing. When we got to the door. To our surprise she answered the door. Man, she looked different she was smiling at us and very nice. I couldnt get over the transformation. We sat down a bit and talked. I asked her if she rembered us coming over the other day. She did remember it. I just asked her flat out what she was doing to have this evil spirit enter into her like that. She confessed that she attended a Macumba (black magic) gathering. She did not participate but watched. I explained the priesthood power and invited her to attend church. She never showed up. We never caught her at home when we did try to visit again. I was transferred out of the area shortly later....i always thought the evil spirits entering the swine was something that only happened in Christ time. That experience really has struck me profoundly as proof the gospel is real.

Refraction75
captain of 100

Post by Refraction75 »

sorry i edited some things for better clarification.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

Refraction75 wrote: August 18th, 2021, 12:47 am I served a mission in Brazil from 94 to 96. My companion and I were teaching a first discussion in an heavily populated catholic city. We didnt teach alot of discussions but happen to find someone willing to hear about Joseph Smith's experience and the book of Mormon. During that rare discussion a person that was friends with the family came over. After listening a bit He asked if we could come over and bless his sister who was really sick. He said the catholic priest came over but couldnt help her. We said sure and proceeded to his house after the discussion. We walked into the house and the first things i noticed was all the curtains were shut...it was so dark inside and i thought that was weird so i asked him to open the curtains and let some light into the house. The brother did so. A few minutes later he brought his sister out from a back room. She did look really sick. She was sweating badly and it seemed to me had a slightly greenish complection. I asked her what was wrong, she didnt answer. Her brother did answer on her behalf and said she wasnt eating for the last 3 days...and recently wasnt drinking water either. I was relatively new on my mission I had been out maybe 6 months or so. We started to give her a priesthood blessing. the annointing went fine...but when it came to give her the actual blessing from the Lord. I could feel her head start shaking more and more violently. Until she burst out screaming. My companion and I immediately stopped the blessing and stepped back completley startled. He asked me in a panick what is going on with her...i felt impressed to say she has an evil spirit in her. She was swearing at us in english and flaying her arms wildly about at this point. I brought my arm to the square and cast it out in the name of Jesus Christ. She rattled screaming and swearing around for what seemed like an eternity but probably was only a few seconds in duration. I honestly have never felt so close to God and close to satan at the same exact time. We left their home feeling unsettled spiritually. We decided to walk a bit then go into an area that was private and pray together to get back the spirit. It did feel better after the prayer. We fasted the next day then returned a day later to give maybe a follow up blessing. When we got to the door. To our surprise she answered the door. Man, she looked different she was smiling at us and very nice. I couldnt get over the transformation. We sat down a bit and talked. I asked her if she rembered us coming over the other day. She did remember it. I just asked her flat out what she was doing to have this evil spirit enter into her like that. She confessed that she attended a Macumba (black magic) gathering. She did not participate but watched. I explained the priesthood power and invited her to attend church. She never showed up. We never caught her at home when we did try to visit again. I was transferred out of the area shortly later....i always thought the evil spirits entering the swine was something that only happened in Christ time. That experience really has struck me profoundly as proof the gospel is real.
I don't think I would like to be in that situation, but you handled it very well. I am not so sure too many of us have considered performing an exorcism to be something we might be called on to do.

I think the closest I ever came to it was while I was serving in Japan. We were tracting and were invited into an apartment by a very nervous man. He asked us if we had ever cast out evil spirts. We both said no, but that we could if we had to, I was getting kind of worried myself by then because as a missionary you run into all kinds of people. In any case, he took us into his bedroom and showed his Buddhist Shrine, almost everyone has them there, but his had some sort of strange unrolled parchment hanging from it which was covered in garish Japanese characters that we could not read. He claimed that some cult had visited him and made him hang it there and that he felt it was evil and he couldn't sleep. He asked us to remove it because he was told not to touch it. I was a little nervous, but we said a prayer together, then I grabbed it and rolled it up. Once outside, I quickly disposed of it, but I don't remember how. I do remember I wanted to burn it, but I don't think that we did. My companion wanted to keep it as a souvenir :roll:

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Sir H

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

HVDC wrote: August 17th, 2021, 10:21 pm
larsenb wrote: August 17th, 2021, 3:28 pm
Mamabear wrote: August 17th, 2021, 6:38 am Years ago I had an experience. It was on a night before I supposed to go to the temple. I was sleeping and awakened by a dark presence and an awful growling noise it seemed to stand above me. I was still in a sleepy half awake state. But I was not dreaming. I could not move or open my eyes or speak. I was terrified. I couldn’t even call out to my husband. I proceeded to call out to God to help me, I remember trying to move my lips but they wouldn’t. After urgently calling out to God in my mind for help, the evil ceased. Everything became still. I was too scared to open my eyes and in my mind I asked God to help me go back to sleep. I knew if I got up and acknowledged fully what happened that I would be too scared to go back to sleep. God blessed me to sleep on. How I love Him.
Awareness of paralysis coming out of sleep is fairly common and documented. I don't have the research at hand, but have read articles on it in the past. As I recall, they have a physiological explanation for it, as well. Probably involving the limbic nervous system, etc.

Now, that doesn't mean you couldn't have simultaneous attacks from demonic forces at the same time you experience this paralysis. That would be even more terrifying.

My interest in this stemmed from an experience I had in a place I was remodeling in the Santa Cruz Mtns. I had returned to the house where I had been sleeping, and after a traumatic break up with a girl friend. When I got to the house, I found it ransacked: frig door open, bureau drawers open w/contents strewed all over, etc., etc. Obviously someone looking for drugs.

Curled up to sleep near stove fireplace. W/in an hour or so woke up in a panic, not able to move any part of my body. The panic was induced by the thought that I had heard a noise in my sleep and the thieves had come back. Panic was increased by realization I had no way to defend myself against what I thought was a 2nd break-in because of the paralysis.

After maybe 20-30 seconds of this, finally unfroze and confronted reality. However, I guess, one could surmise that the girl-friend breakup coincidental w/a house break-in also prompted a demonic attack and hearing a noise in my sleep I thought was the return of the thieves, was part of this attack.
It appears that you were in a vulnerable state, both emotionally and physically. Perhaps that's when we are also vulnerable to demonic influence.

I think discussing this subject allows us to review how others have dealt with such events and can help us to develop our own strategies, or at the very least to recognize when we might be susceptible to their influence.

Thank you for sharing.

Sir H
That's the way I looked at it. The juxtaposition of the break-up and ransacked house fit neatly together . . . part of a concerted attack.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

mahalanobis wrote: August 17th, 2021, 10:40 pm
larsenb wrote: August 17th, 2021, 12:51 am Good grief! These stories. I've lived a sheltered life . . . . I hope . . . .
I bet in the pre-earth war you were an elite brawler. Just a complete spiritual Hulk. And in that fighting experience you mastered casting out evil. Thus 2 logical things:

1) overcoming blatant evil isn't something you need to learn in this life, thus you face other challenges for your personal progression.

2) the evil spirits don't want to attack you directly - they know it's a losing proposition. So they look for more subtle ways to deceive or distract.
Not quite sure how to respond to that.

But I had similar but earlier traumatic experience when going to UC Davis, involving a weird experience with a friend/ acquaintance who I'd talk to now and again. One time after I'd returned from visiting parents in Bay Area (which I did maybe every 3 weeks or so), he started needling me about "going home to visit mommy".

In trying to get him to explain this attitude, he confessed to having been in Freudian psychoanalysis for the last 2-3 years (Freud gets into such things), and that he had moved to UC Davis from UC Berkeley, where his father was a micro-biologist/chemist professor, Berkeley being too much of a hothouse for him at the time.

Then he delved into his closely held world view, with comments such as viewing women as "forked animals" and that there was no meaning to life and certainly, no after-life. As he was talking about these things, I had the experience of directly perceiving his thoughts, ideas and emotions as if I was him . . . like a mind-meld.

This knocked me for a loop because these feelings/ideas were presented to me as if they were true. I felt them exactly as he did. They were akin to a testimony of the Spirit, but a very negative spirit . . . a negative testimony, as it were. It was like incurring a spiritual wound . . . which I suffered from to a greater or lesser degree for years.

Tbone
captain of 100

Post by Tbone »

Refraction75 wrote: August 18th, 2021, 12:47 am I served a mission in Brazil from 94 to 96. My companion and I were teaching a first discussion in an heavily populated catholic city. We didnt teach alot of discussions but happen to find someone willing to hear about Joseph Smith's experience and the book of Mormon. During that rare discussion a person that was friends with the family came over. After listening a bit He asked if we could come over and bless his sister who was really sick. He said the catholic priest came over but couldnt help her. We said sure and proceeded to his house after the discussion. We walked into the house and the first things i noticed was all the curtains were shut...it was so dark inside and i thought that was weird so i asked him to open the curtains and let some light into the house. The brother did so. A few minutes later he brought his sister out from a back room. She did look really sick. She was sweating badly and it seemed to me had a slightly greenish complection. I asked her what was wrong, she didnt answer. Her brother did answer on her behalf and said she wasnt eating for the last 3 days...and recently wasnt drinking water either. I was relatively new on my mission I had been out maybe 6 months or so. We started to give her a priesthood blessing. the annointing went fine...but when it came to give her the actual blessing from the Lord. I could feel her head start shaking more and more violently. Until she burst out screaming. My companion and I immediately stopped the blessing and stepped back completley startled. He asked me in a panick what is going on with her...i felt impressed to say she has an evil spirit in her. She was swearing at us in english and flaying her arms wildly about at this point. I brought my arm to the square and cast it out in the name of Jesus Christ. She rattled screaming and swearing around for what seemed like an eternity but probably was only a few seconds in duration. I honestly have never felt so close to God and close to satan at the same exact time. We left their home feeling unsettled spiritually. We decided to walk a bit then go into an area that was private and pray together to get back the spirit. It did feel better after the prayer. We fasted the next day then returned a day later to give maybe a follow up blessing. When we got to the door. To our surprise she answered the door. Man, she looked different she was smiling at us and very nice. I couldnt get over the transformation. We sat down a bit and talked. I asked her if she rembered us coming over the other day. She did remember it. I just asked her flat out what she was doing to have this evil spirit enter into her like that. She confessed that she attended a Macumba (black magic) gathering. She did not participate but watched. I explained the priesthood power and invited her to attend church. She never showed up. We never caught her at home when we did try to visit again. I was transferred out of the area shortly later....i always thought the evil spirits entering the swine was something that only happened in Christ time. That experience really has struck me profoundly as proof the gospel is real.
I'm always amazed at all the possession stories from missionaries that served in Brazil. Seriously, there are so many. I served in Spain from 1998 to 2000, but the only full on possession I saw was from a recently former prostitute from Brazil. Oh, by the way her mother, from what she told, was a legit witch, like magic potions and all. I didn't teach her the discussions, but the other companionship in our apartment did and everything seemed pretty perfect. She fully accepted the gospel, had a beautiful baptism, and the ward members seemed to fully accept her. The next day she was confirmed and everything seemed great. However, immediately after her confirmation when she was partaking of the sacrament for the first time she began speaking in a deep, very gutteral voice saying, "Soy el Espiritu Santo, y vengo pronto" ("I am the Holy Spirit and I am coming soon.") Immediately afterwards her eyes rolled to the back of head and she went into a complete seizure in her chair. I was surprised that nobody tried to give her a blessing or cast out the evil spirit. But afterwards, she just sat silently with a dark look on her face. After the meeting I saw her sitting outside of the room where we had sacrament speaking with her normal voice but with a completely changed countenance complaining against the members for looking at her in a bad way which was not true at all. It was amazing to see such a drastic change in such a short period of time. The gospel had definitely brought her happiness she'd probably never known and you could see it in her eyes, but after that experience she was completely full of darkness and negativity. After that I saw those same dark eyes in various other people who were rejecting us missionaries, but mainly those who rejected us with intense anger. She never came back to church after that.

Edit: I just went to my mission journal and if it's accurate at a minimum she said: "Bendito sea Dios y bendito sea el Espiritu Santo. Yo soy el Mesias y vengo pronto" or "Blessed be to God and and Blessed be to the Holy Ghost. I am the Messiah and I am coming soon."
Last edited by Tbone on August 18th, 2021, 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

larsenb wrote: August 18th, 2021, 3:01 pm
larsenb wrote: August 17th, 2021, 12:51 am Good grief! These stories. I've lived a sheltered life . . . . I hope . . . .
I bet in the pre-earth war you were an elite brawler. Just a complete spiritual Hulk. And in that fighting experience you mastered casting out evil. Thus 2 logical things:

1) overcoming blatant evil isn't something you need to learn in this life, thus you face other challenges for your personal progression.

2) the evil spirits don't want to attack you directly - they know it's a losing proposition. So they look for more subtle ways to deceive or distract.

But I had similar but earlier traumatic experience when going to UC Davis, involving a weird experience with a friend/ acquaintance who I'd talk to now and again. One time after I'd returned from visiting parents in Bay Area (which I did maybe every 3 weeks or so), he started needling me about "going home to visit mommy".

In trying to get him to explain this attitude, he confessed to having been in Freudian psychoanalysis for the last 2-3 years (Freud gets into such things), and that he had moved to UC Davis from UC Berkeley, where his father was a micro-biologist/chemist professor, Berkeley being too much of a hothouse for him at the time.

Then he delved into his closely held world view, with comments such as viewing women as "forked animals" and that there was no meaning to life and certainly, no after-life. As he was talking about these things, I had the experience of directly perceiving his thoughts, ideas and emotions as if I was him . . . like a mind-meld.

This knocked me for a loop because these feelings/ideas were presented to me as if they were true. I felt them exactly as he did. They were akin to a testimony of the Spirit, but a very negative spirit . . . a negative testimony, as it were. It was like incurring a spiritual wound . . . which I suffered from to a greater or lesser degree for years.
True mind reading or meld as you say, does happen. Instant and accurate. I don't know anyone that can do it at will, though.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Fred wrote: August 18th, 2021, 4:56 pm . . . . True mind reading or meld as you say, does happen. Instant and accurate. I don't know anyone that can do it at will, though.
But it was more than just mind-reading. I seemed to pick up on the force of his beliefs and the entirety of his feelings and attitudes regarding them, including feelings/convictions of their 'truth'. Powerful, negative experience.

Refraction75
captain of 100

Post by Refraction75 »

Tbone wrote: August 18th, 2021, 3:58 pm
I'm always amazed at all the possession stories from missionaries that served in Brazil. Seriously, there are so many. I served in Spain from 1998 to 2000, but the only full on possession I saw was from a recently former prostitute from Brazil. Oh, by the way her mother, from what she told, was a legit witch, like magic potions and all. I didn't teach her the discussions, but the other companionship in our apartment did and everything seemed pretty perfect. She fully accepted the gospel, had a beautiful baptism, and the ward members seemed to fully accept her. The next day she was confirmed and everything seemed great. However, immediately after her confirmation when she was partaking of the sacrament for the first time she began speaking in a deep, very gutteral voice saying, "Soy el Espiritu Santo, y vengo pronto" ("I am the Holy Spirit and I am coming soon.") Immediately afterwards her eyes rolled to the back of head and she went into a complete seizure in her chair. I was surprised that nobody tried to give her a blessing or cast out the evil spirit. But afterwards, she just sat silently with a dark look on her face. After the meeting I saw her sitting outside of the room where we had sacrament speaking with her normal voice but with a completely changed countenance complaining against the members for looking at her in a bad way which was not true at all. It was amazing to see such a drastic change in such a short period of time. The gospel had definitely brought her happiness she'd probably never known and you could see it in her eyes, but after that experience she was completely full of darkness and negativity. After that I saw those same dark eyes in various other people who were rejecting us missionaries, but mainly those who rejected us with intense anger. She never came back to church after that.

Edit: I just went to my mission journal and if it's accurate at a minimum she said: "Bendito sea Dios y bendito sea el Espiritu Santo. Yo soy el Mesias y vengo pronto" or "Blessed be to God and and Blessed be to the Holy Ghost. I am the Messiah and I am coming soon."
Yeah, alot of macumba (black magic) was passed down from African slaves that came to live in Brazil. I unfortunately ran into alot of this on my mission. We baptised a man that was heavily into Macumba he was a strong member for a few years but fell back into old habits. He described to us in details what they do and how they get possessed with evil spirits. I will not be sharing those things online here. I have had many encounters with evil spirits. I have also seen and felt angels. I know this stuff is real.

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jonesy »

Hate to resurrect a topic like this, but maybe it’ll shed some light for someone else or perhaps somebody can relate. I’d also appreciate any prayers. I know this is weird and I don’t enjoy talking about this.

Is my own fault…
I directly disobeyed the voice of the Lord. A few times in the past months. Well, one just last night. The first one from some months ago was caused because I didn’t listen to God that I really needed to turn from my sin and I didn’t listen. That very night I experienced sleep paralysis. I say that because I’ve experienced it several times before in years past, but this was different. I physically woke up to a hand grabbing my hip and shaking it side to side very hard several times until I woke up looking over and nothing was there. I looked at the left to my wife and she was sound asleep (hard sleeper). Then I sat up and it stopped. I looked down, because our bed is set up high, to see if it was one of my kids, but our door was shut and nobody was there. All I remember after that is that I was scared for most of the night after. I have since turned away from that sin.

As for the one that happened last night, I was set to watch a movie, but right before I press play, I was told not to watch it (The Batman, if you’re curious). Of course, I didn’t listen. Last night I woke up to a vivid nightmare. I was trying the next hour wrestling this demon to cast it out, using the Lord’s name, also in imagining blasting it with light, but it was able to overpower. I finally gained it in me to lay it to rest, and I thought I defeated it finally but then came back even more powerful with a vengeance. The whole time my body is electrified during the experience.

At least now I’m being left without excuse to repent and finally listen. Hopefully I will. But there is a direct correlation to not listening and then having these events. I’m also mulling over just talking to my bishop and maybe have him cast it out of me as well…?
Last edited by Jonesy on August 21st, 2022, 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

Jonesy wrote: August 21st, 2022, 6:20 am Hate to resurrect a topic like this, but maybe it’ll shed some light for someone else or perhaps somebody can relate. I’d also appreciate any prayers. I know this is weird and I don’t enjoy talking about this.

Is my own fault…
I directly disobeyed the voice of the Lord. A few times in the past months. Well, one just last night. The first one from some months ago was caused because I didn’t listen to God that I really needed to turn from my sin and I didn’t listen. That very night I experienced sleep paralysis. I say that because I’ve experienced it several times before in years past, but this was different. I physically woke up to a hand grabbing my hip and shaking it side to side very hard several times until I woke up looking over and nothing was there. I looked at the left to my wife and she was sound asleep (hard sleeper). Then I sat up and it stopped. I looked down, because our bed is set up high, to see if it was one of my kids, but our door was shut and nobody was there. All I remember after that is that I was scared for most of the night after. I have since turned away from that sin.

As for the one that happened last night, I was set to watch a movie, but right before I press play, I was told not to watch it (The Batman, if you’re curious). Of course, I didn’t listen. Last night I woke up to a vivid nightmare. I was trying the next hour wrestling this demon to cast it out, using the Lord’s name, also in imagining blasting it with light, but it was able to overpower. I finally gained it in me to lay it to rest, and I thought I defeated it finally but then came back even more powerful with a vengeance. The whole time my body is electrified during the experience.

At least now I’m being left without excuse to repent and finally listen. Hopefully I will. I’m also mulling over just talking to my bishop and maybe have him cast it out of me as well…?
That sounds really scary.

I too don't always listen.

But when I do.

Things go better.

You know what to do.

Listen.

Sir H

NummyMilkBottle
captain of 10

Post by NummyMilkBottle »

Those are all intense things! The war between good and evil is real folks!!

ParticleMan
captain of 100

Post by ParticleMan »

Jonesy wrote: August 21st, 2022, 6:20 am Hate to resurrect a topic like this, but maybe it’ll shed some light for someone else or perhaps somebody can relate. I’d also appreciate any prayers. I know this is weird and I don’t enjoy talking about this.

Is my own fault…
But there is a direct correlation to not listening and then having these events. I’m also mulling over just talking to my bishop and maybe have him cast it out of me as well…?
To a degree, I can relate. My recommendation should be apparent.

During a time when I had been straying into darkness in a partiuclar way--and I thought I was all the while still in the light--I eventually detected the snare. Immediately, I cast it/he/she/them out (and could palpably sense it). However, it seemed that some influence remained and that I could not finish the task on my own. I felt to meet with my bishop, so I did, and requested a blessing, which he did. We were both blessed that day.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

HVDC wrote: August 16th, 2021, 11:27 am Several members of this forum have either claimed to have seen demons or have attributed certain behaviors to demonic possession. I already know what the scriptures teach and have experienced some things of a supernatural nature, however I don't believe I have ever seen a demon. So, unless it is too personal, please share any experiences and what you know about this topic.

Thanks.

Sir H
Contrary to Hollywood, demons do not always like to advertise their presence, but certain things can set them off. Demons often (but not always) have a strong aversion to any talk of Jesus Christ (except as a cuss word), hymns and so on. That's what can trigger them into revealing their presence, because they find it hard to deal with. In a haunting, they can manifest this by noise or movement, in a person it often manifests in that person behaving angrily (although there can be other causes of that, obviously.)

Very occasionally they do advertise their presence. I had one do so over lockdown. Madman on the other side of the road during lockdown, muttering and shouting things as he walked past. I had never seen him before yet he knew things about me he shouldn't have done and the last part was the giveaway. Anyway, I said a quiet prayer he wouldn't have been able to hear and the babbling ended.

tdj
captain of 1,000

Post by tdj »

I enjoy hearing people's encounters with the supernatural. I don't have a personal experience to share since I've never had a supernatural encounter of any kind. HOWEVER, my husband saw what was probably a demon. It was back in the seventies when he was in the army stationed in Germany. He and a friend heard of an ol haunted house that the locals were terrified of and warned them both not to go near it. Well, they did, and several hours into their visit, at some time after midnight, there was some activity starting upstairs. They watched as a blue column shaft of light started gliding down the stairs with a long black haired woman in it. She floated down as if on an escalated. When she reached the bottom of the stairs and turned to face my husband, she gave a grin that turned her otherwise beautiful face into something demonic. It scared my husband and friend so badly that he shot right at her point bank, but it went thru her and into the wall. They ran out and never went back. He won't talk much about that.
Another one was in the 90's, when he would volunteer to speak at a mental institution. This was the section of the institution that housed the worst of the worst. A place even churches and preachers, priests, wouldn't go into. People who cut up their children and ate them type of folks. Any way, there was a fight that broke out in that section. My husband stepped back to get out of the way while it ran its course. He saw a very handsome young man who was very sharply dressed looking at the inmates fight. And he had the most evil and sadistic smile on his face. My husband knew he wasn't a resident there because of how he was dressed and groomed. But the young man looked his way and he just KNEW it was Lucifer himself.

He doesn't like speaking of that story either.

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

I usually don't have good stories to share. I haven't had profound otherworldly spiritual experiences from the "good side" that I see some people here say that they have had (but I do sincerely believe I witnessed a miracle happen in an impoverished woman's life, and knowledge rushed into my mind once informing me that someone would die from a surgery they told me they would have, they did end up dying from it), but I do think I have had a few otherworldly encounters with the "bad side".

Both encounters came from episodes I have had with sleep paralysis. I've had sleep paralysis probably 10ish times throughout my life. I'm familiar with the general scientific explanation for what it is. I'm familiar with older beliefs that demons would sit on people while they slept, causing paralysis.

Two of those 10 times, I feel something more than sleep paralysis occurred. I think demonic/ghostly/evil entities were near me, who knows why. As I said, I've had sleep paralysis a lot. I generally don't see an entity. But two times I've had it, I've seen entities near me. One time, I was frozen while sleeping but my mind had woken up and I saw some sort of shape resembling a body standing near my bed. I was trying so hard to move my body and completely wake up, but I couldn't.

The other time, I sensed something moving from under my bed to sitting on my chest and pushing down very hard on my chest.

I was afraid to sleep for a while after each of these encounters.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

HVDC wrote: August 16th, 2021, 6:46 pm
Rwp wrote: August 16th, 2021, 12:22 pm I’m assuming we would classify demons differently than evil spirits? What would be the difference in definition?
That's a good question. Not knowing the answer, I suspect demons would be those who have lost their "First Estate" while evil spirits would be those whom were born on earth but had since died and remained in their evil state.

Sir H
evil are inthe spirit PRISON . . . can't get out unless theyare baptized.

the idea that persons come back here form the dead is a secular philosophy and no support from scripture or doctrine. In the COJCLDS we are told that spirits came from a pre-existence and are lead and ruled by satan. they are given power to possess bodies, deceive, influence us by speaking to us or in our minds or out loud. They can make a contract with us like Cain did with satan and they have been known to make these contracts with men through secret combinations through the ages.

Currently since at least the 70s our entertainers and some politicians have claimed to make contracts with the entities. There are books listing the angels and the different power they can each give you if you make a contract with them, how to summon them and what to expect.

However, satan really is the power and center of all these contracts so to speak. So satan was given power to posess bodies with the pre existent spirits, take the treasures of the earth, rule with tyranny and bloodshed, gold and silver to buy up armies. So basically that is all he has to offer to his contract holders . . . mostly money and power and posesion which is supposed to enhance your strength. He also claims to be God, and seems to deceive the unwarying since he can disappear and appear for the purpose of deceit.

This all pales when compared to the glories that God and the son have to fofer tous and no, satan isn't a god and cannot gurantee any godhood. All lies

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

BuriedTartaria wrote: August 21st, 2022, 2:14 pm I usually don't have good stories to share. I haven't had profound otherworldly spiritual experiences from the "good side" that I see some people here say that they have had (but I do sincerely believe I witnessed a miracle happen in an impoverished woman's life, and knowledge rushed into my mind once informing me that someone would die from a surgery they told me they would have, they did end up dying from it), but I do think I have had a few otherworldly encounters with the "bad side".

Both encounters came from episodes I have had with sleep paralysis. I've had sleep paralysis probably 10ish times throughout my life. I'm familiar with the general scientific explanation for what it is. I'm familiar with older beliefs that demons would sit on people while they slept, causing paralysis.

Two of those 10 times, I feel something more than sleep paralysis occurred. I think demonic/ghostly/evil entities were near me, who knows why. As I said, I've had sleep paralysis a lot. I generally don't see an entity. But two times I've had it, I've seen entities near me. One time, I was frozen while sleeping but my mind had woken up and I saw some sort of shape resembling a body standing near my bed. I was trying so hard to move my body and completely wake up, but I couldn't.

The other time, I sensed something moving from under my bed to sitting on my chest and pushing down very hard on my chest.

I was afraid to sleep for a while after each of these encounters.
If you were an enemy of mankind, it would make most sense to attack people when they were ar their most vulnerable, i.e. asleep. They seem to relish, or even feed off fear, and sleep paralysis would be an especially vulnerable time.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

so with that in mind. I was baptized in to the COJCLDS and had parents that were sealed in the temple when first married. But they didn't go to church. However, my extended family liked to talk about posesion and satan stuff sometimes. I had an uncle that they claim was so posessed that he could make the piano play. His sister, my grandmother sometimes had spirits visit her in the night that scared my sister to death when my grandparents were staying at our house.

I had satan appear to me as a child. I sent him away but he scared my little sisters in the other bed. He said that he was going to get my brother. He did.

Only when I was young: I have unlocked bathroom doors with the power of satan. I have had girlfriends see an ouija board fly around the cemetary and I have been at ouija board parties or the eight ball parties and had weird things happen. I was out with a group of friends one night when one girlfriend became posessed cuz we were messing around again and my brother only had the aaronic priesthood to cast out the devil.

My brother was called out by an ambulance crew to rescue drug addicts. One girl asked for a blessing and he heard satan tell him in his mind that he was not worthy to give the blessing.

When one brother was getting ready to go to the temple then he had the same experience mentioned on this thread where satan strangles you and sits on your chest. I opened a door on my way to the bathroom and satan left my brother who was the same brother that satan told me he would take down. Walking through the house I could clearly see that spirits had been through since everything was thrown around and messed up.

another sister and her husband were unable to get to their sons bedroom cuz they kept getting knocked down by demons the night before their son went through the temple. satan was doing the strangle thing on him too and he couldn't get it to stop and called for their help. they literally crawled on the floor to his room.

when I was older: I have seen people attend sunday meetings in full demonic posession. I have confronted them all . . one man in one ward and two sisters and a man in another ward. They even spoke to me and two of them claimed that they knew they were posessed. weird. Each of them had snarled at me and not out loud but I knew they hated me. I prayed that they would leave me alone when I went to church. And I have seen posessed people in the temple. . .yes sireeeee

I have met three women beauticians in different states even that are posessed. And I worried about leaving any of my cut hair with them. My neighbor across the street that I ran with for awhile was a witch. I finally stopped seeing her when she told me about the spells that she did and I actually watched her put one together.

When I taught school then a girl who I was staying after school for help brought her friend with her. Her friend was a witch. She was awearing necklace and my teacher assistant kept arguing with her that she was NOT a witch. She was

hmmmmmthese events were all throughout my life and I know there are more cuz my family use to accuse me of having a lot of visits from demons and satan, although I can't remember a lot right now. probably exaggerations My family claims that it is cuz I am not afraid of them.

But they are real and they are all over the place . . .I can tell a demon or rather their posession cuz I can feel their hate towards me. Oh yeah, I've seen a lot at work throughout the years, too.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

I had a couple of grandmothers that I think were kind of on the edge with this. I do remember that one would buy warts for a penny and then your warts would go away. Can't remember all the stories but I remember my mom and aunts caution around them.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

Fred wrote: August 18th, 2021, 4:56 pm

True mind reading or meld as you say, does happen. Instant and accurate. I don't know anyone that can do it at will, though.
I don't think demons or satan can read your mind. He wasn't given that power and the sciptures say Christ can so I doubt that was given to satan. But he CAN and make you think that he can since that would entice you or worry you.

My brother had been a drug pusher for years and so when he finally did get the melchezidek then satan knew exactly what to put in his mind to tempt him to stop doing the Lord's work(the blessing). satan couldn't read his mind but he could put a thought into it to intimidate my brother.

I think the idea that satan can read your mind comes from the media. . . a lot of other stupid ides come form the entertainment and media too about satan.

I also think it is bs that he plans for you particulrly . . .so if that is true then . . .why doesn't satan just give porno to those who are bothered by it? why doesn't satan just give drugs and achol and cigareetes to addicts? why doesn't stan just give immoral thoughts and opportunities to married people? He should just go after adulterers? He teaches everyone to lie and be jealous, hateful, etc. Why does he have demons approach everyone?

He is so stupid that he doesn't even know who we all are. So he throws his net wide and tries to capture whoever he can. None of these temptations are locked up and fed to certain mortals. He is stupid and trying to get followers so he'll try everything on everybody.

It is the Savior that knows each of us and then satan teaches that blasphemously.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

freud was a satanist

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Re: Demonic Possession

Post by EvanLM »

BeNotDeceived wrote: August 17th, 2021, 1:55 am
HVDC wrote: August 16th, 2021, 11:27 am Several members of this forum have either claimed to have seen demons or have attributed certain behaviors to demonic possession. I already know what the scriptures teach and have experienced some things of a supernatural nature, however I don't believe I have ever seen a demon. So, unless it is too personal, please share any experiences and what you know about this topic.

Thanks.

Sir H

A true story is
that me cat became possessed,
during which me watched True Stories. :mrgreen: dbnp

Ha, :lol:
C2C was another dud, so me asked Alexa to play KFQD where Chad Benson was good last night. Sorry, I am having trouble playing the music, was her response so I told her to complain about KFQD. Then I asked her to play Talk Radio, and she’s now playing Talking Heads radio.

She’s playing a song I’ve never heard before, about another drop in the ocean, spare us the cutter and the monster. Will I still be soiled, when the dirt is off? She says it’s Cutter, by Echo and the Bunny Man. KKAT works, and isn’t C2C. :)
are you saying that your alexa is posessed right now?

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

HVDC wrote: August 16th, 2021, 6:49 pm
HisWrathSoon wrote: August 16th, 2021, 1:40 pm Nine years ago my son who was 17 at the time... was in our kitchen when he saw a huge black mass he knew was evil and wanted him. He ran upstairs panicked to tell me.
Thank you for sharing this.

It appears we may know instinctivly when we encounter evil.

Sir H
yes and cuz we have agency then we could be enticed by it . . . we are told that we CAN be enticed by the devil and this is just another way to entice us or snare us btw he is a very handsome man that I remember from his visit. or, a handsome man talked to me while I kept telling him to leave. He did reach out and grab my arm and there was some kind of light pressure that I felt. However, we are told that he does not have a body that we would feel so that was a deception and a part of his force towards me.

That would be like experiencing the hands around the neck as well as the chest compression. He is about to be revealed as being the smart guy to follow when actually he is so stupid and if anyone would lilke togive a reference to this, then I would appreciate it.

Who or what scripture said that he was next in valiance to Jesus. I don't believe it cuz he is so dumb with his snares.

time to build Zion

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

Niemand wrote: August 21st, 2022, 1:17 pm

Thanks.

Sir H
Contrary to Hollywood, demons do not always like to advertise their presence, but certain things can set them off. Demons often (but not always) have a strong aversion to any talk of Jesus Christ (except as a cuss word), hymns and so on. That's what can trigger them into revealing their presence, because they find it hard to deal with. In a haunting, they can manifest this by noise or movement, in a person it often manifests in that person behaving angrily (although there can be other causes of that, obviously.)

Very occasionally they do advertise their presence. I had one do so over lockdown. Madman on the other side of the road during lockdown, muttering and shouting things as he walked past. I had never seen him before yet he knew things about me he shouldn't have done and the last part was the giveaway. Anyway, I said a quiet prayer he wouldn't have been able to hear and the babbling ended.
do you maybe mean that the hollywood movies and media portray demons as modest? cuz MOST of hollywood actors, producers, filmers, etc. are demon posessed themself. There are videos made of madonna, brittney spears, katie perry, rhianna, etc and males singers that are depicting their posession of satan and their movement down to hell. And you can buy all of those videos since satan uses them for advertisement. Super bowl halftime is the most transparent showing of satan has been a satan worship . . . actual satan worship for at least the last 8 years. . . . Nancy Pelosi and some of her friends kneeled to satan form the congress house . . .she wears the pin of a sorceress all the time