Nelson on Gun Laws

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Re: Nelson on Gun Laws

Post by FrankOne »

Fred wrote: July 19th, 2022, 1:01 pm
SempiternalHarbinger wrote: July 19th, 2022, 11:46 am I am not surprised Nelson is anti 2nd amendment. Remember, this is a man who believes his life and those of the brethren are worth more than our children's lives. They just spent millions of $ for their new "Church Security Department Training Center", while outright banning our God-given rights to carry on church property. They can have their guns for protection while we the people are simply too incompetent to carry a weapon on church property. Church policy (holy handbook) says having a weapon on church grounds is "inappropriate" for us small folks while it is completely appropriate for their bodyguards to have theirs. Clearly, Nelson doesn't practice what he preaches. Appropriate for us but not for you. Smooth-faced hypocrites.

It's no different than these politicians and celebrities who are calling for all these new gun laws and defunding the police while they have their personal security loaded with guns. What you won't hear Nelson or the church talk about is Greenwood Park Mall shooting. Any wonder why? And if there is a shooter that appears in a chapel near you, hide... pray... try and go unnoticed... run if possible... pray someone ignored church policy and is exercising their God-given rights. LOL Our leaders are truly oblivious to reality. They live in a different world than the rest of us.
This is obvious and true.
yah. It becomes blatant when they ban guns in church (except current LEO's) yet they are accompanied by armed guards in those same churches. sigh*. Sad. No different than politicians. They all carry as well as having armed body guards, yet do all they can to outlaw others doing the same.

Rome

Lineman1012
captain of 100

Post by Lineman1012 »

Subcomandante wrote: July 19th, 2022, 8:35 pm
Lineman1012 wrote: July 19th, 2022, 8:13 pm
[email protected] wrote: July 17th, 2022, 2:03 am
Gadianton Slayer wrote: May 25th, 2022, 10:04 pm Lol. What did you expect?

“In the wake of a deadly school shooting in Florida, LDS Church President Russell M. Nelson criticized U.S. laws ‘that allow guns to go to people who shouldn’t have them.’”

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2018/02 ... have-them/
Nelson should just shut the hell up. He's to the Church what Joe Biden is to the United States. A geriatric old fool that doesn't actually control much of anything but he serves as a figure head for other, more powerful interests.

Worst president (on both accounts) ever.
As goes the church so goes the nation.
Spoken like a true inhabitant of the bubble, as if the Church didn't exist outside of America.
Sure the church exists outside the USA. All I’m saying is that America is the promised land, it’s special, it’s the land the Lord used to restore light and truth to the earth. This land is blessed in equal proportions as to how righteous the people are that live here. So as the church slowly descends into sin and perversion so does the government of this land. There is an equal force operating here, meaning, as goes the church so goes the nation.

All that needs to happen to turn this nation around, and consequently the world, is for the church to confess its sins, beg for forgiveness and totally 100% repent. I think it was Boyd K Packer that said the church doesn’t apologize. So much pride in the church there is no hope of turning things around.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Lineman1012 wrote: July 20th, 2022, 9:59 pm
[email protected] wrote: July 17th, 2022, 2:03 am

Nelson should just shut the hell up. He's to the Church what Joe Biden is to the United States. A geriatric old fool that doesn't actually control much of anything but he serves as a figure head for other, more powerful interests.

Worst president (on both accounts) ever.
Spoken like a true inhabitant of the bubble, as if the Church didn't exist outside of America.
I think it was Boyd K Packer that said the church doesn’t apologize. So much pride in the church there is no hope of turning things around.
To apologize is a show of weakness which in true terms, is a sign of humility. Humility?....that's out of the question for wise serpents. Maybe that's a plaque on a wall somewhere very important..... like in the big and spacious bldg?

"Christ says, be wise as serpents"

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

FrankOne wrote: July 21st, 2022, 2:00 pm

I think it was Boyd K Packer that said the church doesn’t apologize. So much pride in the church there is no hope of turning things around.
To apologize is a show of weakness which in true terms, is a sign of humility. Humility?....that's out of the question for wise serpents. Maybe that's a plaque on a wall somewhere very important..... like in the big and spacious bldg?

You forget the second half: Be as harmless as doves.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Subcomandante wrote: July 21st, 2022, 4:32 pm
FrankOne wrote: July 21st, 2022, 2:00 pm

You forget the second half: Be as harmless as doves.
exactly

Jamescm
captain of 100

Post by Jamescm »

Have you ever tried to raid a Dove's nest while she's in it?

I carry a weapon at almost all times, including to church. I've let plenty of animals suffer needlessly or die because I was too patient, forgiving, or slow to address a problem animal or potential predator. I'd rather some fool claim that Christ disowns me than let one of His little or meek ones suffer because someone came to church with bad intentions, and I didn't have the means to stop it.

Gun = tool for self defense = God-given right. Show me a man who teaches principally against a God-given right, and I'll show you a child of the adversary. Show me a man who teaches to trust the adversary with regulating a God-given right, and I'll define "criminal negligence" without words.

Most importantly of all... My decision comes from honest prayer. with planted knees and a humbled ego-even if just for a moment, to make sure to get this right-I approached the Lord on carrying a weapon when the Church started becoming slightly less silent about discouraging it. I was told "both paths are good in My sight." It was not a neutral feeling, it was specifically that both are actively good. I don't criticize those who choose not to carry in church, but I'll put them in their places if they criticize my decision to do so. This was my answer of course, don't take it for yourself on its own.