going too far! read last sentence 3rd paragraph

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
madvin
captain of 1,000

Re: going too far! read last sentence 3rd paragraph

Post by madvin »

Anyway, it's more than just an innocent inconvenience. It's:
Disgusting
It's used as training for mountain climbers
It doesn't do anything but possibly cause more health problems
It has been done to slaves...wait a minute. That's what we are. So I guess it's alright then.

sandman45
captain of 1,000

Post by sandman45 »

Subcomandante wrote: August 12th, 2022, 7:52 am
1775peasant wrote: August 12th, 2022, 7:04 am August 12, 2022

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

We look forward with great anticipation to the rededication of the Washington DC Temple on Sunday, August 14, 2022.

The Temple Department in Salt Lake City has just informed us that, based on local health conditions, the decision has been made to require all attendees at the three sessions of the rededication of the Washington DC Temple to wear masks - both in the temple and in church meetinghouses.

Please bring a mask to wear during the dedication session. We have made arrangements to have masks available in each building for anyone who does not bring one. The Church's Temple Department has instructed us that anyone who chooses not to wear a mask will not be admitted into the building.

The rededication sessions will be broadcast live to the Stake Center, Great Bridge Building, and Nags Head Building as noted below. Members with a temple recommend are welcome to attend any and all sessions. As a reminder, members should be in their seats 30 minutes before the session begins and all attendees should bring a white handkerchief for participation in the Hosanna Shout. The building entrance doors will be locked 5 minutes before the session begins and no one will be permitted to enter after the doors are locked.

……..man i hope plenty are as upset with this crap as i am and let their SP’s know!!!
We still have to wear masks where I live. Boo freaking hoo!
You need to lead a mask burning party.

They don’t even work. It’s all satanic.

🤦‍♂️

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

quote: "The Temple Department in Salt Lake City has just informed us that, based on local health conditions, the decision has been made to require all attendees at the three sessions of the rededication of the Washington DC Temple to wear masks - both in the temple and in church meetinghouses.

Please bring a mask to wear during the dedication session. We have made arrangements to have masks available in each building for anyone who does not bring one. The Church's Temple Department has instructed us that anyone who chooses not to wear a mask will not be admitted into the building."

At least they don't require the jab...

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

They might want to consider the study from USC and UCLA doctors which showed masks were worthless. https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2022/08/14 ... id-n612161

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

BroJones wrote: August 14th, 2022, 11:46 am quote: "The Temple Department in Salt Lake City has just informed us that, based on local health conditions, the decision has been made to require all attendees at the three sessions of the rededication of the Washington DC Temple to wear masks - both in the temple and in church meetinghouses.

Please bring a mask to wear during the dedication session. We have made arrangements to have masks available in each building for anyone who does not bring one. The Church's Temple Department has instructed us that anyone who chooses not to wear a mask will not be admitted into the building."

At least they don't require the jab...
Yet.

Sir H

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

Artaxerxes wrote: August 12th, 2022, 8:50 pm
mudflap wrote: August 12th, 2022, 8:41 pm
Subcomandante wrote: August 12th, 2022, 4:11 pm
mudflap wrote: August 12th, 2022, 2:13 pm

why am I surprised - another (whatever you are) that ignores questions they don't like the answer to...

again: waiting for an answer: "what are the masks for?"
The masks are for avoiding the eased transmission of germs such as bacteria and viruses from one party to another. It doesn't mean it stops them 100 percent. But they certainly inhibit their ability to infect.

Long before the pandemic was even concocted out of a lab in Wuhan, the East Asians would constantly be wearing the masks during the winter season precisely for that reason, as well as for stopping allergies. I thought they were nuts. Then the pandemic happened. Haven't been sick since. Haven't had my allergies since.
There's absolutely no science behind masks for covid. none. A chainlink fence stops a sandstorm better than an n95 mask stops covid. look it up, it is absolutely scientific fact. There are no studies anywhere that show masks protect you from covid. Wearing a mask is nothing more than posturing. And now it is a religion. Asians do as they're told more from culture than from science.

Allergens compared to covid is the same as comparing a whale to a mosquito.
There are lots of studies that show the effectiveness of N95 masks against covid.

"N95 respirator use was associated with fewer viral infectious episodes for healthcare workers compared with surgical masks. The N95 respirator was most effective in reducing the risk of a viral infection in the hospital setting from the SARS‐CoV 1 and 2 viruses compared to the other viruses included in this investigation."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8552225/

"For exhalation isolation, both surgical and N95 masks are shown to be effective in reducing the spread of respiratory diseases, but the former is more accessible and comfortable to wear compared to the latter. For inhalation protection, air filtering respirators such as N95 masks can filtrate contaminants, bacteria and other matters from reaching nose and mouth, and are more efficient in virus penetration inhibition than surgical masks."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7883189/
pshh. I can get studies from the same website showing vaccines cause autism. :)

But yes, you are correct: you have to wear them EXACTLY right, change them often, etc.. And so we are back to the church's "must wear a mask to attend" - if they truly cared about "science" or "following the advice of credible medical professionals" (side trivia: name a credible medical professional at the CDC or ANY government office. and "Scott Atlas" doesn't count - he got fired, remember?) - but anyway - if they truly cared about science or credibility, their letter would have stated what kind of mask and how to wear it. The way it's worded, I could show up with a neck gator and they'd have to let me in.

So maybe I should have been more specific in my language, but still - "masks (in most cases) don't work". But our church loves to posture - we look clean, our churches don't smell of tobacco, we wear our masks religiously because "we love you!", and nobody has any friends at church. Straining at gnats and swallowing camels.

farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Post by farmerchick »

Off topic..but relevant......a Mexico paper had an article relating how disgusted Mexico city residents are over the gentrification of Mexico city since 1.6 million Americans have descended upon the city. The Americans have changed the landscape of the city and people are talking English in large swaths of the city. rents and other living expenses have increased substantially pricing average Mexican citizens out. The caste system ( where lighter skinned people get treated better) is still in effect in Mexico....so this makes it worse for the locals....the locals have two words for the kind rich Americans visiting their city..."GET OUT". Lol. Seriously this is a real article...i would post it but I can't figure out how....lol....one reason I'm not telecommuting from Mexico city.....

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

This interview of a military flight doctor regarding the damage being done by the covid "vaccines" and the denial by military leaders is just devestating when applied to our own church leadership. No excuse under the sun for their compliance. No way they are not aware of the damage being done.

https://usawatchdog.com/hell-no-to-any- ... a-long-md/

I just don't see them surviving this. It is God showing us all who the liars are.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

farmerchick wrote: August 14th, 2022, 10:32 pm Off topic..but relevant......a Mexico paper had an article relating how disgusted Mexico city residents are over the gentrification of Mexico city since 1.6 million Americans have descended upon the city. The Americans have changed the landscape of the city and people are talking English in large swaths of the city. rents and other living expenses have increased substantially pricing average Mexican citizens out. The caste system ( where lighter skinned people get treated better) is still in effect in Mexico....so this makes it worse for the locals....the locals have two words for the kind rich Americans visiting their city..."GET OUT". Lol. Seriously this is a real article...i would post it but I can't figure out how....lol....one reason I'm not telecommuting from Mexico city.....
Those Racist Mexicans.

How dare they!

Viva la Raza!

Sir H

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

mudflap wrote: August 14th, 2022, 9:54 pm

The masks are for avoiding the eased transmission of germs such as bacteria and viruses from one party to another. It doesn't mean it stops them 100 percent. But they certainly inhibit their ability to infect.

Long before the pandemic was even concocted out of a lab in Wuhan, the East Asians would constantly be wearing the masks during the winter season precisely for that reason, as well as for stopping allergies. I thought they were nuts. Then the pandemic happened. Haven't been sick since. Haven't had my allergies since.
There's absolutely no science behind masks for covid. none. A chainlink fence stops a sandstorm better than an n95 mask stops covid. look it up, it is absolutely scientific fact. There are no studies anywhere that show masks protect you from covid. Wearing a mask is nothing more than posturing. And now it is a religion. Asians do as they're told more from culture than from science.

There are lots of studies that show the effectiveness of N95 masks against covid.

"N95 respirator use was associated with fewer viral infectious episodes for healthcare workers compared with surgical masks. The N95 respirator was most effective in reducing the risk of a viral infection in the hospital setting from the SARS‐CoV 1 and 2 viruses compared to the other viruses included in this investigation."

"For exhalation isolation, both surgical and N95 masks are shown to be effective in reducing the spread of respiratory diseases, but the former is more accessible and comfortable to wear compared to the latter. For inhalation protection, air filtering respirators such as N95 masks can filtrate contaminants, bacteria and other matters from reaching nose and mouth, and are more efficient in virus penetration inhibition than surgical masks."

But yes, you are correct: you have to wear them EXACTLY right, change them often, etc.. And so we are back to the church's "must wear a mask to attend" - if they truly cared about "science" or "following the advice of credible medical professionals" (side trivia: name a credible medical professional at the CDC or ANY government office. and "Scott Atlas" doesn't count - he got fired, remember?) - but anyway - if they truly cared about science or credibility, their letter would have stated what kind of mask and how to wear it. The way it's worded, I could show up with a neck gator and they'd have to let me in.

So maybe I should have been more specific in my language, but still - "masks (in most cases) don't work". But our church loves to posture - we look clean, our churches don't smell of tobacco, we wear our masks religiously because "we love you!", and nobody has any friends at church. Straining at gnats and swallowing camels.
Marxism.

It is all about the obedience to authority.

Not the logic of the edict.

Thats what our church leaders want

Obey.

Not question.

Good luck.

They taught us too well.

Ain't going to change now.

Sir H

NeveR
captain of 1,000

Post by NeveR »

There are NO scientific studies that show masks work. Even those that claim to in the headline or abstract don't actually do so in the text. Dozens of studies have found masks do not work at all. See here...

30 Facts You NEED to Know: your Covid Cribsheet

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

NeveR wrote: August 15th, 2022, 2:38 am

There are NO scientific studies that show masks work. Even those that claim to in the headline or abstract don't actually do so in the text. Dozens of studies have found masks do not work at all. See here...

30 Facts You NEED to Know: your Covid Cribsheet
From the conclusion, not the abstract or headline of one of the articles I cited: "For exhalation isolation, both surgical and N95 masks are shown to be effective in reducing the spread of respiratory diseases, but the former is more accessible and comfortable to wear compared to the latter."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... o=0.549451

karend77
captain of 1,000

Post by karend77 »

Artaxerxes wrote: August 15th, 2022, 7:38 am
From the conclusion, not the abstract or headline of one of the articles I cited: "For exhalation isolation, both surgical and N95 masks are shown to be effective in reducing the spread of respiratory diseases, but the former is more accessible and comfortable to wear compared to the latter."
Meaning if you are sick it might help not spread it "reducing the spread" not eliminating it - and it all depends how they wear the mask and most dont wear them properly

Ciams
captain of 100

Post by Ciams »

We look forward with great anticipation to the rededication of the Washington DC Temple on Sunday, August 14, 2022.

The Temple Department in Salt Lake City has just informed us that, based on local health conditions, the decision has been made to require all attendees at the three sessions of the rededication of the Washington DC Temple to wear masks - both in the temple and in church meetinghouses.

Please bring a mask to wear during the dedication session. We have made arrangements to have masks available in each building for anyone who does not bring one. The Church's Temple Department has instructed us that anyone who chooses not to wear a mask will not be admitted into the building.

The rededication sessions will be broadcast live to the Stake Center, Great Bridge Building, and Nags Head Building as noted below. Members with a temple recommend are welcome to attend any and all sessions. As a reminder, members should be in their seats 30 minutes before the session begins and all attendees should bring a white handkerchief for participation in the Hosanna Shout. The building entrance doors will be locked 5 minutes before the session begins and no one will be permitted to enter after the doors are locked.

……..man i hope plenty are as upset with this crap as i am and let their SP’s know!!!

Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison."

How many of us would turn away from the Savior at hearing this hard saying? The mask is an infringement on freedom. Its an affront to humanity. It's a denial of biological reality and everything we know about the immune system.

And yet... the Savior commands us to agree with our adversary to avoid worse judgements from an oppressive government.

Or, you know, we can fume and fuss on the internet about how much wiser we are than the Lords almost frustratingly patient and submissive servants. Hint, the Lord himself probably caused his own servants to be frustrated at the degree to which we was willing to patiently submit to oppressive evils of a tyrannical government.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

BroJones wrote: August 14th, 2022, 11:46 am At least they don't require the jab...
It doesn't really matter though, does it? Neither is effective. Same conditioning, different application.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

For those of you who haven't seen this yet. This dude has 45 years of working in the business of clean air and respiratory cleanliness. Masks are USELESS in how we are being told to use them:

Hogmeister
captain of 100

Post by Hogmeister »

Ciams wrote: August 15th, 2022, 11:12 am

Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison."

How many of us would turn away from the Savior at hearing this hard saying? The mask is an infringement on freedom. Its an affront to humanity. It's a denial of biological reality and everything we know about the immune system.

And yet... the Savior commands us to agree with our adversary to avoid worse judgements from an oppressive government.

Or, you know, we can fume and fuss on the internet about how much wiser we are than the Lords almost frustratingly patient and submissive servants. Hint, the Lord himself probably caused his own servants to be frustrated at the degree to which we was willing to patiently submit to oppressive evils of a tyrannical government.
You know it would help tremendously for thousands and thousands of faithful lds if anyone in the Q15 could just drop any hint at all that they are under duress or anything at all that they are aware of the evil globalist plot instead of showing every sign that they are serving it.
Last edited by Hogmeister on August 15th, 2022, 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

karend77 wrote: August 15th, 2022, 10:26 am
Meaning if you are sick it might help not spread it "reducing the spread" not eliminating it - and it all depends how they wear the mask and most dont wear them properly
I don't think most people claim that masks are perfect, any more than seat belts or helmets are perfect. Just they help.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Artaxerxes wrote: August 15th, 2022, 11:59 am
I don't think most people claim that masks are perfect, any more than seat belts or helmets are perfect. Just they help.
""For exhalation isolation, both surgical and N95 masks are shown to be effective in reducing the spread of respiratory diseases, "

But these types of masks are NOT mandated - just any mask will do.
Are you saying that simple cloth masks are proven, "effective in reducing the spread of respiratory diseases, " if so - by how much? (Quantitative, science answer requested.)
Last edited by BroJones on August 15th, 2022, 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

oops, double post somehow...

1775peasant
captain of 100

Post by 1775peasant »

Artaxerxes wrote: August 15th, 2022, 11:59 am

using ur examples, what would absolutely help

"seat belts".......don't ride, drive, fly or utilize any mode of transportation that requires them

"helmets".....participate in no activity that would require one

OR, if one decides to be sensible, in everyday life.......come to the reality that most everything we do contains risk to some degree and there is NO way u can ever overcome every risk of harm/death

if ur sick, stay home.....if ur feeling sick, wear a mask if u feel so inclined.....BUT to make EVERYONE wear a mask, that's where the line is crossed and agenda's are at work, as such "absolutes" deny the God given rights & freedoms we have been guaranteed by the US Constitution

and when engaged in a Christian Religious activity........exercise some faith In the awesome power of Jesus Christ and the dominion he holds over the earth & all things in it.......

"faith over fear"

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Ciams wrote: August 15th, 2022, 11:12 am

Masks, shots, globalist propaganda... It's all good, because the Drunkards of Ephraim declareth as much. This is their gospel. More or less than this cometh not of them, but is of failed Global Citizens and useless, unneeded people.

All hail the shot that maimeth and killeth both young and old, but most certainly those obedient to the brethren.

thumbnail_i-can-be-brave-friend-april-2021.png
thumbnail_i-can-be-brave-friend-april-2021.png (224.85 KiB) Viewed 236 times
align.jpg
align.jpg (62.93 KiB) Viewed 236 times

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Chip wrote: August 15th, 2022, 12:35 pm "Align with the brethren."
Where in the world was that sign? It looks like some random chapel.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: August 15th, 2022, 12:51 pm
Chip wrote: August 15th, 2022, 12:35 pm "Align with the brethren."
Where in the world was that sign? It looks like some random chapel.

I believe it was in the Church Office Building.

DeathLife.png
DeathLife.png (253.67 KiB) Viewed 199 times

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

blitzinstripes wrote: August 12th, 2022, 9:16 am :P
Subcomandante wrote: August 12th, 2022, 9:06 am
HVDC wrote: August 12th, 2022, 8:06 am
Subcomandante wrote: August 12th, 2022, 7:52 am

We still have to wear masks where I live. Boo freaking hoo!
That's because you don't live in the Promised Land.

Sir H
The promised land consists of all of the Americas, from Alaska to Argentina. Mexico is included in that list, as is the United States.
Really? Because the Book of Mormon clearly states that the gentiles that inherited the promised land would fight their "mother" land, gain their independence, and establish a free form of government and would prosper beyond any other nation on earth. That's the USA, my friend. It's certainly not Mexico or the Latin countries. Whichever GA told you that, is clearly wrong. Where's the New Jerusalem? Where did Adam gather his posterity? Where did Moroni bury the plates? Where did Joseph find them? Where did Joseph say the Book of Mormon lands were? You cannot find a single BofM or D&C scriptural reference that even alludes to any other promised land outside of the USA, despite the best efforts of the globalist church and mainstream apologetics.

I suppose you believe all of the continent of Asia to be the promised land of the Jews?
Big mistake trying to equate globalist agendas and their adherents with those who don't quite buy into the Heartland Book of Mormon model.