From Lundbaek

Post calls to action or information about events, meetings, or lectures that are liberty and/or gospel related.
lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

From Lundbaek

Post by lundbaek »

I just asked AZ Congressional Representative Andy Biggs to initiate impeachment proceedings against Joe Biden for fomenting and encouraging illegal immigration into the USA and for not honouring his responsibility to "...take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed.". May I appeal to each of you to make a similar request of your congressional representative and/or any Republican representative of your state.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: From Lundbaek

Post by lundbaek »

lundbaek wrote: February 14th, 2021, 11:27 pm I just asked AZ Congressional Representative Andy Biggs to initiate impeachment proceedings against Joe Biden for fomenting and encouraging illegal immigration into the USA and for not honouring his responsibility to "...take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed.". May I appeal to each of you to make a similar request of your congressional representative and/or any Republican representative of your state.
I realize that probably nothing will happen. If nothing more, just initiating impeachment proceeding will draw attention of at least some Americans to what is going on.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I note that this year, 2022, Sunday 18 September will be the day after Constitution Day, the 235th anniversary of the signing of the United States Constitution, which the Lord himself endorsed in the book of Doctrine and Covenants. Many latter-day prophets, many of the members of the first presidency, and many of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles through the years have urged members of the church to learn, understand, know, defend, and advocate the principles in the inspired Constitution. As you may recall, President Oaks said as much in the April 2021 General Conferences.

I'd like to suggest that at an opportune time between now and then you suggest to your stake presidency and/or bishopric that some kind of recognition of the Constitution be made during sacrament or priesthood and relief society meetings on Sunday 18 September.

Thirty-five years ago President Benson stated in a General Conference that "We are fast approaching that moment prophesied by Joseph Smith when he said: "Even this nation will be on the very verge of crumbling to pieces and tumbling to the ground and when the Constitution is on the brink of ruin this people will be the staff upon which the nation shall lean and they shall bear the Constitution away from the very verge of destruction."" Without the occasional reminder of the special importance of the U.S. Constitution to Latter-day Saints, I fear that few Latter-day Saints will ever be prepared to assist in bearing the Constitution away from destruction. But I have to say, that I am noting a surge in the numbers of both LDS and non-LDS people participating in Constitution study groups. Let's hope those numbers continue to grow.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Letter to my Area Authority.

Subject: Recognition of Constitution Day in LDS Church wards.

You probably remember that in the April 2021 General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we were advised by President Dallin Oaks that “Our belief in divine inspiration gives Latter-day Saints a unique responsibility to uphold and defend the United States Constitution and principles of constitutionalism where ever we live.... We should learn and advocate the inspired principles of the Constitution.”

This year, Sunday 18 September will be the day after the 235th anniversary of the signing of the United States Constitution, which the Lord Himself endorsed in the book of Doctrine and Covenants. Since then, many latter-day prophets and apostles, many members of the First Presidency, and many of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles through the years have urged Church members to learn, understand, defend, and advocate the principles of the inspired Constitution of the United States. President Oaks said as much in the April 2021 General Conference.

Would you please consider having each ward in your area of eclesiastic responsibility have a talk given in sacrament meeting on the U.S. Constitution and its special significance and importance to Latter-day Saints.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Date June 15, 2023 To Stake presidents, bishops, branch presidents From Utah Area Presidency

Subject American Founders and Constitution Month

"The Utah State Legislature has designated the month of September each year as American Founders and Constitution Month (Constitution Day is celebrated on September 17th). The State Legislature has requested that civic, fraternal, and religious organizations “recognize and observe this occasion through appropriate programs, teaching, meetings, services, or celebrations.” In the spirit of that request, we encourage your stake to sponsor one patriotic event during the month of September that would (1) rekindle a spirit of patriotism by educating our Saints on the inspired principles of the Constitution (D&C 98:5-6; D&C 109:54) and/or (2) build a spirit of appreciation for our Founding Fathers who were raised up by the Lord (DC 101:78-80). In addition, it would be a timely opportunity to encourage individual families and members to study and gain a greater appreciation for the Founding Fathers and our inspired Constitution. Attached is a list of suggested activities you might want to consider that could be appropriate patriotic events to sponsor and/or ways to encourage families and individuals to gain an even greater appreciation for God’s hand in the origin and destiny of America. Of course, your own revelation on the matter will be best course for you to pursue. A non-partisan organization, operating under the title “Why I Love America,” is working with Utah schools, cities and interfaith organizations to sponsor events and articles that will help educate Utah citizens and students about our inspired Constitution and Founding Fathers. This organization hopes that their effort will reenergize a spirit of patriotism and recognition of God’s hand in the origin and destiny of America—that we will be a nation under God, not without God. The attached list of ideas includes some of their suggestions and materials available to promote this cause. We particularly draw your attention to the booklet “Why I Love America” (a copy of which will be sent to you and can also be ordered online) that would be a fun and educational way for families and individuals to learn about the Constitution. May we all seek to gain a greater appreciation for God’s hand in America which will “be free from bondage and captivity ... if [we] but serve the God of the land, who is Jesus Christ” (Ether 2:12). Version: D—3/21 Suggested Ideas for American Founders and Constitution Month Events that might be sponsored by Stakes:  A sacrament meeting on September 17th devoted to the divine calling of the Founding Fathers & inspired principles of the Constitution (We have some wonderful talks by President Dallin H. Oaks and others on this subject)  A patriotic concert  A patriotic art display  A special patriotic devotional  An art, speech or writing contest for the youth on “Why I Love America”  A patriotic parade  A Constitution read-along  Founding Fathers Fun Run passing milestones of historical significance  Youth provide American flags that can be flown during September Ideas for Families and Individuals  Have a family home evening and read and discuss the booklet “Why I Love America” which can be digitally downloaded or hard copies ordered at WhyILoveAmerica.com.  Fly the American Flag for the month of September  Read and Study the Constitution  Read and Study the Scriptures about God’s hand in the origin and destiny of America (1 Nephi 13:10-20; Ether 2:12; D&C 98:5-6; 101:78-80; 109:54)"

Do any of you know if there have been any actions taken in response to this letter which evidently was sent to all Church wards and/or stakes in Utah? Have there been any recognitions of the 236th anniversary of the signing of the U.S. Constitution in Church wards of stakes anywhere else? Have any of you suggested some kind of recognition of "Constitution Day" to your ward or stake authorities?