Greetings from Missouri!

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Greetings from Missouri!

Post by Original_Intent »

I've been offlline a few weeks getting packed, moved and unpacked. The unpacking is still in progress, but we made it and feel this move was definitely the right thing, regardless of some of the pain, inconvenience, etc.

We love Jefferson City and the neighborhood we live in, Backed by a meadow and woods about 200 yards off. We live on a dead-end street with virtually no traffic, and even the nearest main road is also extremely light traffic, yet we are 10 minutes from the Capitol building. Trees and green everywhere. The only complaint is record heat and 70% humidity makes most days so far feel over 100 degrees.

Anyhoo, just wanted to drop a hello from the new stomping grounds. I see there is a new post in Blipits, so I must be going :)

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Greetings from Missouri!

Post by Cruiserdude »

Original_Intent wrote: August 7th, 2022, 11:38 am I've been offlline a few weeks getting packed, moved and unpacked. The unpacking is still in progress, but we made it and feel this move was definitely the right thing, regardless of some of the pain, inconvenience, etc.

We love Jefferson City and the neighborhood we live in, Backed by a meadow and woods about 200 yards off. We live on a dead-end street with virtually no traffic, and even the nearest main road is also extremely light traffic, yet we are 10 minutes from the Capitol building. Trees and green everywhere. The only complaint is record heat and 70% humidity makes most days so far feel over 100 degrees.

Anyhoo, just wanted to drop a hello from the new stomping grounds. I see there is a new post in Blipits, so I must be going :)
Glad to hear the move went relatively well hermano 👍

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Have you given any thought to Brigham Young speaking about a yellow dog wagging it's tail?

GeeR
captain of 1,000

Post by GeeR »

Fred wrote: August 7th, 2022, 11:44 am Have you given any thought to Brigham Young speaking about a yellow dog wagging it's tail?
You just ruined his day. :?

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Original_Intent wrote: August 7th, 2022, 11:38 am I've been offlline a few weeks getting packed, moved and unpacked. The unpacking is still in progress, but we made it and feel this move was definitely the right thing, regardless of some of the pain, inconvenience, etc.

I have lived in Missouri since 2006. It's a wonderful state. The people here seem to be more aware of conspiring men and women.

Welcome to the land of Zion, friend!

bbrown
captain of 100

Post by bbrown »

Cool. You’re just up the road from us. We’re down by lake of the ozarks. This is an incredible area. One of the safest places in the nation. I wouldn’t worry about Brigham and his yellow dog. There are a lot of actual proper Christian’s (plenty of church lady’s and hipocrits too) here who experience the gifts that should follow any believers. Not many mormons. Welcome to the area. The more freedom minded people here the better

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

We thought we would be there in a few years, but every day without a job in Idaho, we are one day closer to selling our house and heading to Missouri.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Fred wrote: August 7th, 2022, 11:44 am Have you given any thought to Brigham Young speaking about a yellow dog wagging it's tail?
Yes, and we have a yellow dog....

He was speaking specifically about Western Missouri for one thing.
For another, it was Brigham Young who said a lot of things...

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

InfoWarrior82 wrote: August 7th, 2022, 12:02 pm

I have lived in Missouri since 2006. It's a wonderful state. The people here seem to be more aware of conspiring men and women.

Welcome to the land of Zion, friend!
Not why I came here, but that has been my impression as well. Scanning the FM stations, I have come across a good number of talk shows covering things that I thought most people simply weren't aware of - very heartening.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

JuneBug12000 wrote: August 7th, 2022, 12:34 pm We thought we would be there in a few years, but every day without a job in Idaho, we are one day closer to selling our house and heading to Missouri.
We are feeling very comfortable that this was the right thing for us to do and the timing is right.

bbrown
captain of 100

Post by bbrown »

We moved here 6 years ago. I loved Alaska but we haven’t looked back. This month has been “near record” heat not actual record heat. It’s always hot here in summer. Fall and spring are nice winter isn’t bad with a few cold stretches. The humidity does take getting used to. I’m glad you like it here.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

bbrown wrote: August 7th, 2022, 1:13 pm We moved here 6 years ago. I loved Alaska but we haven’t looked back. This month has been “near record” heat not actual record heat. It’s always hot here in summer. Fall and spring are nice winter isn’t bad with a few cold stretches. The humidity does take getting used to. I’m glad you like it here.
Right, I should have said unusually hot, not record :)

I was in the area on business in April '21, and it was really nice. My sense is there are probably going to be 8-10 weeks a year that are hot and muggy, and the winters probably a bit more pleasant than we are used to. I am also loving the lower elevation; I can exert myself for hours on end and I don't get winded :) but of course dripping perspiration after 2 minutes outside.

FoundMyEden
captain of 1,000

Post by FoundMyEden »

JuneBug12000 wrote: August 7th, 2022, 12:34 pm We thought we would be there in a few years, but every day without a job in Idaho, we are one day closer to selling our house and heading to Missouri.
We're right there with ya, Junebug. House is on the market and we're just waiting for the door to open for our move as well. Good luck and God speed!

Moroni104
captain of 100

Post by Moroni104 »

I split my time, spending a fair amount of time in Missouri.

It is a very nice place.

The people who live in my area, Springfield MO, are very conservative and very aware of the conspiring, evil people in D.C. The conservative nature of people here is found both in members and non-members.

I think Brigham Young's prophecy somewhat came true already: https://civilwaronthewesternborder.org/ ... rder-no-11

It has been 150 years since then; I don't think any big terrible thing is coming to MIssouri.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Original_Intent wrote: August 7th, 2022, 12:39 pm
Yes, and we have a yellow dog....

He was speaking specifically about Western Missouri for one thing.
For another, it was Brigham Young who said a lot of things...
Brigham was speaking by the spirit of prophecy when he said it, to be fair, and Heber C. Kimball (who absolutely had the spirit of prophecy) also repeated it by the spirit of prophecy when he made his famous "a test, a Test, a TEST" statement.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Missouri will be rocked.

You people saying you won’t have an issue is like me saying that I won’t have an issue. I live near the cascadia subduction zone.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1811–18 ... arthquakes

Moroni104
captain of 100

Post by Moroni104 »

Bronco73idi wrote: August 10th, 2022, 7:24 pm Missouri will be rocked.

You people saying you won’t have an issue is like me saying that I won’t have an issue. I live near the cascadia subduction zone.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1811–18 ... arthquakes
I agree that everywhere may have an issue. I was just saying that I don't think Missouri is cursed more than other areas. And ... yeah I am aware of the New Madrid Fault; it is scary.

bbrown
captain of 100

Post by bbrown »

Nowhere is safe. This nation has rejected its God, and has not repented. The judgements are starting to fall on us. That said the lord will not hold an entire state responsible for something that happened 180 years ago in what was an obscure corner on the frontier that they have never heard of. If you mention such things that Utahns believe to locals they will look at you like you’re mentally ill and probably stupid. They’ve never even considered such a thing. Never heard of it. Jackson county is as vile as any big city area. Don’t get me started on Johnson county (next door in Kansas) I’m sure it will share the same fate as the other big city areas. But go to the rural areas and you have more followers of Christ than you have in the vast majority of Utah and the fruits of the spirit that follow Not to say there isn’t plenty of evil and messed up people too but there are many good who love and serve the lord who he will peotect

tuktuk21
captain of 10

Post by tuktuk21 »

Just moved by Adam ondi ahman in may. Love it here moved from Nampa tons of Amish all over the area.

jdt
captain of 100

Post by jdt »

I grew up less than hour away from there. I will always have a fond feeling for the area. Hope you enjoy it! I have become acclimatized to Idaho weather though. Good luck on that front.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Welcome, and congratulations on the move. Was it tough to pull the trigger? Have you left a lot of family behind?

My wife and I took a mini vacation a couple months ago to NW Arkansas (Fayetteville up to Eureka Springs). Really loved it and are seriously considering a move up there in the next year. Still have a couple kids age 19 and 24 trying to get their feet settled a bit, but the pouring in of Californians into Texas has kind of made us want to look for greener less populated pastures. That section of AR seems to have struck our fancy.
Last edited by ajax on August 11th, 2022, 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

DJB
captain of 100

Post by DJB »

tuktuk21 wrote: August 11th, 2022, 6:17 am Just moved by Adam ondi ahman in may. Love it here moved from Nampa tons of Amish all over the area.
Let us know if you see a big council going on over there will ya 😁🙏

FoundMyEden
captain of 1,000

Post by FoundMyEden »

I can’t stress this enough…if the Lord is telling you to go somewhere, or do something then the powers of hell should not persuade you to do otherwise. If Missouri is going down like some people say, so are other places in the rest of the country. The Lord will protect who he will and cleanse the earth as well. There’s nowhere to hide folks.

If he says, “Turn here and go straight” then you should say, “I’m on it!”
And for those who haven’t heard the lord give a specific direction then ask, seek, or carry on. If you’re listening, he’s going to provide. If you’re where you’re supposed to be in the coming afflictions, then great! God be with us all who seek the Lord.
Last edited by FoundMyEden on August 17th, 2022, 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

tuktuk21 wrote: August 11th, 2022, 6:17 am Just moved by Adam ondi ahman in may. Love it here moved from Nampa tons of Amish all over the area.
We moved to rural spot 25 miles NW of AoA, in 2013. Beautiful area.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

ajax wrote: August 11th, 2022, 8:03 am Welcome, and congratulations on the move. Was it tough to pull the trigger? Have you left a lot of family behind?

My wife and I took a mini vacation a couple months ago to NW Arkansas (Fayetteville up to Eureka Springs). Really loved it and are seriously considering a move up there in the next year. Still have a couple kids age 19 and 24 trying to get their feet settled a bit, but the pouring in of Californians into Texas has kind of made us want to look for greener less populated pastures. That section of AR seems to have struck our fancy.
We left virtually all family on both sides.
I have lived virtually my entire life of 58 years in Utah other than my mission.
We are both put roots down and stay people, we have jawboned moving for a few years. The fact that we both got the push to pull the trigger at the same time, and also that it took almost no effort on our part, things just fell into place so perfectly, that if anything we are kind of dazed that we are here.