Our Garments are made in...China!!

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Our Garments are made in...China!!

Post by Luke »

mtmom wrote: July 23rd, 2022, 3:38 pm
Luke wrote: July 23rd, 2022, 12:56 pm
mtmom wrote: July 23rd, 2022, 7:53 am
gkearney wrote: July 23rd, 2022, 7:43 am Just looked at a new set I have still in it packaging. Made in Mexico.

The address given on the packaging is in one of the LDS colonies there.
Only the FLDS have colonies I Mexico. I thought our Church leaders didn't like polygamists. Oh, but wait. They are very cheap labor..... Problem solved.
No they don't. There are fundamentalist colonies in Mexico, but they are not FLDS.

And the LDS Church does have two colonies in Mexico still: Colonia Juarez and Colonia Dublan (the latter of which I have been to).
FLDS stands for fundamentalist LDS. "F" stands for fundamentalist. Some live as polygamists and some do not. Same as in the States. Not all members "enter into the Principle".
I know what "FLDS" stands for.

But "LDS" stands for Latter-day Saint, and if you think that only members of the LDS Church are Latter-day Saints, you are sorely wrong.

I am among tens of thousands of Fundamentalists and I can assure you that I am not a member of the FLDS Church (Warren Jeffs' group), and neither are tens of thousands of other Fundamentalists.

There are many Fundamentalist groups, and there are many Independent Fundamentalists (like me!)

I can also assure you that as someone who has actually been to the Fundamentalist colonies in Mexico, not one of them are members of the FLDS Church, neither do they have a degree of sympathy for Warren Jeffs.

mtmom
captain of 100

Post by mtmom »

Luke wrote: July 23rd, 2022, 3:42 pm
mtmom wrote: July 23rd, 2022, 7:53 am

Only the FLDS have colonies I Mexico. I thought our Church leaders didn't like polygamists. Oh, but wait. They are very cheap labor..... Problem solved.
No they don't. There are fundamentalist colonies in Mexico, but they are not FLDS.

And the LDS Church does have two colonies in Mexico still: Colonia Juarez and Colonia Dublan (the latter of which I have been to).
FLDS stands for fundamentalist LDS. "F" stands for fundamentalist. Some live as polygamists and some do not. Same as in the States. Not all members "enter into the Principle".

But "LDS" stands for Latter-day Saint, and if you think that only members of the LDS Church are Latter-day Saints, you are sorely wrong.

I am among tens of thousands of Fundamentalists and I can assure you that I am not a member of the FLDS Church (Warren Jeffs' group), and neither are tens of thousands of other Fundamentalists.

There are many Fundamentalist groups, and there are many Independent Fundamentalists (like me!)

I can also assure you that as someone who has actually been to the Fundamentalist colonies in Mexico, not one of them are members of the FLDS Church, neither do they have a degree of sympathy for Warren Jeffs.
I agree. Not talking about Warren Jeffs. There are many more FLDS groups out there. Most of them are down to earth, decent, hardworking people. They are fundamentalist in their view and practice of LDS doctrine. Rightfully so. Point well made.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

mtmom wrote: July 23rd, 2022, 3:56 pm

I agree. Not talking about Warren Jeffs. There are many more FLDS groups out there. Most of them are down to earth, decent, hardworking people. They are fundamentalist in their view and practice of LDS doctrine. Rightfully so. Point well made.
Fundamentalist, yes.
FLDS, no.

FLDS refers specifically to the FLDS Church.

NO Fundamentalist (except members of the FLDS Church) identifies as FLDS.

mtmom
captain of 100

Post by mtmom »

Luke wrote: July 23rd, 2022, 3:58 pm
mtmom wrote: July 23rd, 2022, 3:56 pm

Fundamentalist, yes.
FLDS, no.

FLDS refers specifically to the FLDS Church.

NO Fundamentalist (except members of the FLDS Church) identifies as FLDS.
I stand corrected.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Mitt Romney (boo hiss!) has relatives in Mexico to this day who are part of the big LDS.

I always saw the Canadian and Mexican colonies as a clever insurance policy for if the US government ever decided to turn on church members.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

762X545 wrote: July 22nd, 2022, 10:54 pm I was visiting my elderly mother and somehow we got on the subject of garments. She is of the belief that they are made by precious old volunteer widows in a special room painted with beautiful wildlife scenery and that RMN visits them each day to pronounce a special blessing in their sacred work. Ok a bit exaggerated there but you get my drift. So I had to do some research only to find that the garments are indeed made in a factory in China. Screenshot_20220722-225009.png
This is fake news. They might make some garments in China, but they are made in the Philippines and other places.

762X545
captain of 100

Post by 762X545 »

harakim wrote: July 26th, 2022, 12:00 am
762X545 wrote: July 22nd, 2022, 10:54 pm I was visiting my elderly mother and somehow we got on the subject of garments. She is of the belief that they are made by precious old volunteer widows in a special room painted with beautiful wildlife scenery and that RMN visits them each day to pronounce a special blessing in their sacred work. Ok a bit exaggerated there but you get my drift. So I had to do some research only to find that the garments are indeed made in a factory in China. Screenshot_20220722-225009.png
This is fake news. They might make some garments in China, but they are made in the Philippines and other places.
How is this fake? I just looked at my garments and yes, Made in China. Awesome to support an economy which in turn supports the most evil regime to exist. All for a buck I suppose. As long as Rusty can keep building empty temples I guess.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

762X545 wrote: July 29th, 2022, 5:37 pm
How is this fake? I just looked at my garments and yes, Made in China. Awesome to support an economy which in turn supports the most evil regime to exist. All for a buck I suppose. As long as Rusty can keep building empty temples I guess.
Where the LDS cannot even operate properly (outside Hong Kong)

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Niemand wrote: July 30th, 2022, 4:49 am
762X545 wrote: July 29th, 2022, 5:37 pm
Where the LDS cannot even operate properly (outside Hong Kong)
What do you mean by "operate properly?"

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Subcomandante wrote: July 30th, 2022, 6:52 am What do you mean by "operate properly?"
The LDS is not legally recognised outside Hong Kong.

In the PRC all churches must be registered by the state, and they must be headquartered in the state. So the Roman Catholic Church officially does not exist in the PRC, because it is based in Rome/the Vatican. The state has set up its own Chinese Catholic Church for any wouldbe Catholics.

The LDS has the same issue. It is headquartered in the USA, and is not (officially 😉) under the control of the Chinese Communist Party.

The reality is that RCs and LDS exist in the PRC, but in legally dubious territory. Officially they are not allowed to proselytise, so no open missionaries. The state knows they exist, and often turns a blind eye to their meetings. But they could easily turn on them, and they have sent many Christians (and Muslims) into concentration camps. They do not have the legal protection religions in western countries have - Mexico has much better religious tolerance.

Christians (and other religions) are routinely discriminated against by the State, have their social credit score lowered, are shut out of many jobs (since you need to be a Communist Party member, i.e. atheist, in order to do them), and so on. Every church has to read out pronouncements from the government occasionally and I think there are rules about having pictures of Chairman Mao in your home, possibly churches too. The biggest mass murderer in human history.

Rubicon
captain of 1,000

Post by Rubicon »

Niemand wrote: July 30th, 2022, 11:38 am
Subcomandante wrote: July 30th, 2022, 6:52 am What do you mean by "operate properly?"

In the PRC all churches must be registered by the state, and they must be headquartered in the state. So the Roman Catholic Church officially does not exist in the PRC, because it is based in Rome/the Vatican. The state has set up its own Chinese Catholic Church for any wouldbe Catholics.

The LDS has the same issue. It is headquartered in the USA, and is not (officially 😉) under the control of the Chinese Communist Party.

The reality is that RCs and LDS exist in the PRC, but in legally dubious territory. Officially they are not allowed to proselytise, so no open missionaries. The state knows they exist, and often turns a blind eye to their meetings. But they could easily turn on them, and they have sent many Christians (and Muslims) into concentration camps. They do not have the legal protection religions in western countries have - Mexico has much better religious tolerance.

Christians (and other religions) are routinely discriminated against by the State, have their social credit score lowered, are shut out of many jobs (since you need to be a Communist Party member, i.e. atheist, in order to do them), and so on. Every church has to read out pronouncements from the government occasionally and I think there are rules about having pictures of Chairman Mao in your home, possibly churches too. The biggest mass murderer in human history.
The Shanghai temple, if it ever gets off the ground (a big if), will be in a building belonging to a member who is also a CCP member. I don't think, when push comes to shove, that the owner would stand up to the party. I think surveillance and intrusion in sacred space is a given.

I think that God can/will do His own work when His timing is right,and I think the Church jumped the gun big time with the announcement of the Shanghai temple. I don't think it should have been announced publicly at all (the CCP reacted immediately by denying that they had heard anything about it, and insisting that the Church's announcement was false). When that happened, the temple disappeared from the published list of temples (it's back now, though).

I think the cost of moving in such areas is too high before God Himself makes an area truly open. The RCC totally sold out,agreeing to let the CCP choose its bishops and priests (unthinkable to a Mormon, and should be unthinkable to a Catholic). It's simply not worth it until God opens it up, in my view.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Rubicon wrote: July 30th, 2022, 1:04 pm
Niemand wrote: July 30th, 2022, 11:38 am

The Shanghai temple, if it ever gets off the ground (a big if), will be in a building belonging to a member who is also a CCP member. I don't think, when push comes to shove, that the owner would stand up to the party. I think surveillance and intrusion in sacred space is a given.

I think that God can/will do His own work when His timing is right,and I think the Church jumped the gun big time with the announcement of the Shanghai temple. I don't think it should have been announced publicly at all (the CCP reacted immediately by denying that they had heard anything about it, and insisting that the Church's announcement was false). When that happened, the temple disappeared from the published list of temples (it's back now, though).

I think the cost of moving in such areas is too high before God Himself makes an area truly open. The RCC totally sold out,agreeing to let the CCP choose its bishops and priests (unthinkable to a Mormon, and should be unthinkable to a Catholic). It's simply not worth it until God opens it up, in my view.

If the CCP has access to the data flow within the walls of the temple in China, it is arguably possible that they have access to the main database that the temple connects to, headquartered in SLC. Therefore, they could have a complete list of all temple worthy members worldwide.

largerthanlife2
captain of 100

Post by largerthanlife2 »

Why isn't the NAACP and the church making a garment factory in a black neighborhood?

karend77
captain of 1,000

Post by karend77 »

Someone who works at our office now, used to work at LDS center in SLC sewing garments in 2021. Just FYI

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

largerthanlife2 wrote: July 30th, 2022, 8:51 pm Why isn't the NAACP and the church making a garment factory in a black neighborhood?
Because the black people wouldn't want poverty wages?

Seriously though, I would sooner that they were made in the Philippines, Mexico or Malaysia, if they want cheap non-US labour. At least those countries have some religious freedoms.

AliciaB
captain of 10

Post by AliciaB »

I guess that's okay after made in China and the people working there have a temple recommend. Hopefully the factories made in is owned by a member. What am I talking about are you serious is it really made in china? Shouldn't it say made in China somewhere on a tag? I got to go check this out. Thanks for letting us know.

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

Fake news. nobody will take you seriously if you post this garbage. Here's a job sewing garments in Salt Lake City:

https://epej.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcm ... iusUnit=MI

my mom sewed garments for the church in Salt Lake City for at least a dozen years. Some of you are probably wearing her handiwork. A lot of the Tongan sisters in SLC work at this shop as well. They do very fine work, and for very cheap.

We get it - you hate the church. good luck with your quest.

All you sad folks who fell for it - you should try to think more critically in the future. :)

762X545
captain of 100

Post by 762X545 »

mudflap wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 9:28 am
Fake news. nobody will take you seriously if you post this garbage. Here's a job sewing garments in Salt Lake City:

my mom sewed garments for the church in Salt Lake City for at least a dozen years. Some of you are probably wearing her handiwork. A lot of the Tongan sisters in SLC work at this shop as well. They do very fine work, and for very cheap.

All you sad folks who fell for it - you should try to think more critically in the future. :)
Fell for what? I just looked at mine and there is a mix of origins including...MADE IN CHINA!!

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

762X545 wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 10:50 am
mudflap wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 9:28 am

Fell for what? I just looked at mine and there is a mix of origins including...MADE IN CHINA!!
so which is it? got pictures as proof with a Made in China label?

Your first post makes it sound like they are ALL made in china - without any proof. Now you are saying you have a label - why didn't you just post that in the beginning?

And what difference does it make? Sure, they probably make the fabric in China - I think they source it from different locations, actually.

And further - yes, there is a Seventy or someone higher overseeing the facility there in Salt Lake City - and yes, they do open their work day with a prayer / and/or devotional. I toured the factory one time with her. It seems like I do remember they do have beautiful scenery inside the factory, and yes, many of them are widows working there. She said they often got visits from one of the 12.