Hysteria in my Ward

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
tribrac
captain of 1,000

Hysteria in my Ward

Post by tribrac »

There is a complete absence of anything that holds us together. Every project and program that people used to do together has been cancelled.
Building program, welfare farm, road shows, scouts. The wards used to do the local Easter egg hunt, and 4th of July celebration...no more.

Nobody does anything for the 24th of July.

We show up for two hours and leave.

Someone else mows the lawn and repairs the sprinklers, and replaces light bulbs.

We do nothing together, no common purpose, nothing unifying us.

Adults don't know each other, and don't care.

Bishop doesn't shake people's hands before the meeting, runs off to YM as soon as sacrament is over.

'Ministering' doesn't happen, or is a doorstep delivery of sugary treats.

YM and YW are an unmitigated disaster, every week the youth report about who came out, or which kid argued with the teacher about gay rights, or a teacher affirming kids feelings.

I taught a class recently and asked the teenagers about the reading from come followe...I got 7 blank faces staring back at me. I asked them about Moses and 1 kid recognized his name.

Youth activities have devolved into bi-monthly entertainment and food. With an occasional planning activity mixed in.

Primary is a rushed mess.

Men stop coming and nobody cares. Nobody goes to get them.

Divorces rage. Broken homes abound. Pride ties are worn all June.

Kids fall by the wayside and the silent herd moves on without them.

There is nothing holding us together.

I am prone to fits of melancholy, but this might be as low as I have ever felt.

Oh God forgive us for our sins and have mercy on us now before we are swept away.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Hysteria in my Ward

Post by Chip »

Make Christ your rock.

We all know this, but it's hard to do with church programming.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

It seems to me the only thing holding the church together is temple worship. That is what is emphasized. That is where the money is made. Extended family units are seen as the bulwark of the church while the wards and branches are seen as money drains. As long as they have a structure available on the local level to enforce tithing payment for temple attendance, their Zion moves forward. Softball leagues and roadshow rehearsals just get in the way of temple attendance. Everything is marketed to encourage the idea that spiritual experiences can only be had within the walls of the temple. Only the temple ensures the continuance of family blessings. If you don’t know the correct handshakes and do work for your dead, your family will be destroyed. If this approach leads to casualties along the way it at leasts costs them less money. Enough families will embrace the vision to keep the money flowing in.
Last edited by Christianlee on July 6th, 2022, 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

largerthanlife2
captain of 100

Post by largerthanlife2 »

Maybe I am getting too old but I don't seem to care about church activities. The same ten people have to do all the work while the moochers of the ward get all the benefits.

NeveR
captain of 1,000

Post by NeveR »

Wow, this is sad. I feel like I joined the church just to watch it fall apart...

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

NeveR wrote: July 6th, 2022, 1:30 am Wow, this is sad. I feel like I joined the church just to watch it fall apart...
No, you joined the Church because you need to be here at this time.

Nothing just happens.

We need all of us.

This is a time of sorting.

Hold fast.

Storms eventually blow out.

False doctrine is being revealed.

Pretty lies are exposed.

Those with oil, and those without.

What comes next will be better than before.

This is all for our own good.

The Tares are being gathered.

The garden renewed.

What comes next.

Will astonish us all.

And cause wicked heart's to fail.

You are part of it.

We all are part of it.

The only question is.

Which part.

Sir H

randyps
captain of 100

Post by randyps »

Virtual worship is the answer. The church's website and member portals need an overhaul, it will not be cheap. The nest egg you all accuse the church of being money hungry for will come in handy to build and/or buy billions of dollars worth of I.T. infrastructure. Millions will join the church, more temples will be needed to accommadate.

Rumpelstiltskin
captain of 1,000

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

This is all prophesied by Isaiah. I find it all exciting because it is one of the major signs of the times. The Davidic servant will make himself known when the apostasy of the Church reaches its zenith. We're almost there!

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

randyps wrote: July 6th, 2022, 2:45 am Virtual worship is the answer. The church's website and member portals need an overhaul, it will not be cheap. The nest egg you all accuse the church of being money hungry for will come in handy to build and/or buy billions of dollars worth of I.T. infrastructure. Millions will join the church, more temples will be needed to accommadate.
If the Church cared about the future of its members it would spend money to build an alternative to the public school system which is helping to corrupt its children.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Rumpelstiltskin wrote: July 6th, 2022, 3:32 am This is all prophesied by Isaiah. I find it all exciting because it is one of the major signs of the times. The Davidic servant will make himself known when the apostasy of the Church reaches its zenith. We're almost there!
He posted here, but was banished to Outer Darkness. :(

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

NeveR wrote: July 6th, 2022, 1:30 am Wow, this is sad. I feel like I joined the church just to watch it fall apart...
You joined just in time to see truths come out…. The church is a mess and isn’t following doctrine.
The most important thing we can do is come to Jesus directly and use the scriptures as our guide.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

tribrac wrote: July 5th, 2022, 11:52 pm There is a complete absence of anything that holds us together. Every project and program that people used to do together has been cancelled.
Building program, welfare farm, road shows, scouts. The wards used to do the local Easter egg hunt, and 4th of July celebration...no more.

Someone else mows the lawn and repairs the sprinklers, and replaces light bulbs.

Bishop doesn't shake people's hands before the meeting, runs off to YM as soon as sacrament is over.

YM and YW are an unmitigated disaster, every week the youth report about who came out, or which kid argued with the teacher about gay rights, or a teacher affirming kids feelings.

I taught a class recently and asked the teenagers about the reading from come followe...I got 7 blank faces staring back at me. I asked them about Moses and 1 kid recognized his name.

Youth activities have devolved into bi-monthly entertainment and food. With an occasional planning activity mixed in.

Oh God forgive us for our sins and have mercy on us now before we are swept away.
What was/is the cause of this rapid decline?
It seems to be unraveling very quickly.

PressingForward
captain of 100

Post by PressingForward »

largerthanlife2 wrote: July 6th, 2022, 12:43 am Maybe I am getting too old but I don't seem to care about church activities. The same ten people have to do all the work while the moochers of the ward get all the benefits.
That’s because they are the only people “worthy” to serve, worthiness runs in family lines too……

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

largerthanlife2 wrote: July 6th, 2022, 12:43 am The same ten people have to do all the work while the moochers of the ward get all the benefits.
Is it really that the STP do all the work or that they are the only ones ALLOWED to do all the work.

My ward has 120-150 show up every Sunday and yet we still have this Sister with 2-3 callings, that Brother with 2-3 callings, the wife of the 1st counselor, 2nd counselor, etc. run the youth programs or the RS programs.

There are plenty of people who would love to be more involved . . .but they only call those who are in the current leadership click. If you ain't in the circle of trust, good luck on getting a calling. I do not think it's the same ten people problem, I think it's that those are the only ones in the right clic.

The pareto principle is pretty true, so in a ward of 120-150 people you should have at least 20-30 people to call from; which is more than enough so no one has 2-3 big callings in a ward . . .but nope it's all about the clic. And what is worse is when those in the leadership clic don't even really do their jobs.

CuriousThinker
captain of 1,000

Post by CuriousThinker »

Mamabear wrote: July 6th, 2022, 6:13 am
tribrac wrote: July 5th, 2022, 11:52 pm There is a complete absence of anything that holds us together. Every project and program that people used to do together has been cancelled.

What was/is the cause of this rapid decline?
It seems to be unraveling very quickly.
Society at large is rapidly declining and the church full of people going in that direction too.

FoundMyEden
captain of 1,000

Post by FoundMyEden »

randyps wrote: July 6th, 2022, 2:45 am Virtual worship is the answer. The church's website and member portals need an overhaul, it will not be cheap. The nest egg you all accuse the church of being money hungry for will come in handy to build and/or buy billions of dollars worth of I.T. infrastructure. Millions will join the church, more temples will be needed to accommadate.
Babies die without human interaction and physical touch. We need physical interaction, even if it is in smaller groups. I am an introvert, and large group settings make my skin crawl but having no physical contact except virtual is detrimental to our wellbeing individually or as a society.

Virtual worship is the mission of the adversary not of God’s church.
Last edited by FoundMyEden on July 6th, 2022, 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

I see a bright future for you in the COB. The Virtual reality church is the answer they are looking for! It is the next phase of the gathering. Phase 1) Gather to one literal, physical Zion. Phase 2) Gather, in person, to stakes of what we’ll call Zion, scattered throughout the inhabitable world. Phase 3) Gather individually to your remote location. All part of finding your own Zion and living your own truth.

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Post by Serragon »

In order to build a new culture, you first have to destroy the old one.

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

Remember what church was like in previous decades? Society is falling apart and the LDS church has not escaped this. My dad is a bishop right now. Fortunately his ward seems pretty unified and lively, but I feel bad for him. He doesn't know about my alternative beliefs on Mormon history. I love him dearly.
Serragon wrote: July 6th, 2022, 10:03 am
I know to most people it isn't a big deal but I was recently told the Saratoga Springs, Utah temple will be the final LDS temple featuring an angel Moroni. I admit, that in itself is not some humongous, tragic thing. But when that is one thing on top of other changes that have occurred in the LDS church over the past 10 years, it feels like there is an effort to make a new LDS culture. I have mixed feelings on how the LDS temple frames temple worship but I'm saddened that the angel Moroni atop temples is being done with. Maybe the higher-ups in SLC were offended by the angel dropping his trump on their flagship temple in SLC during the earthquake a few years ago :p

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Post by Serragon »

BuriedTartaria wrote: July 6th, 2022, 10:37 am Remember what church was like in previous decades? Society is falling apart and the LDS church has not escaped this. My dad is a bishop right now. Fortunately his ward seems pretty unified and lively, but I feel bad for him. He doesn't know about my alternative beliefs on Mormon history. I love him dearly.
I know to most people it isn't a big deal but I was recently told the Saratoga Springs, Utah temple will be the final LDS temple featuring an angel Moroni. I admit, that in itself is not some humongous, tragic thing. But when that is one thing on top of other changes that have occurred in the LDS church over the past 10 years, it feels like there is an effort to make a new LDS culture. I have mixed feelings on how the LDS temple frames temple worship but I'm saddened that the angel Moroni atop temples is being done with. Maybe the higher-ups in SLC were offended by the angel dropping his trump on their flagship temple in SLC during the earthquake a few years ago :p
I think not having Moroni on the temple is a big deal.

The church made a decision at some point that instead of trying to create a Zion community and bring people to it, that they would simply teach the world where they were and let them stay.

The fruit of this has been a major dilution of doctrine and a destruction of culture.in an attempt to be non-threatening to as many world governments as possible. The church really stands for very little now and has very little actual purpose. Outside of the claim to the keys to ordinances, you will get a better sense of comunity, culture, and purpose in most any local christian or catholic church.

It is ironic to me that RMN is often talking about how the youth of our church need to know who they are and they need to have a purpose. But at the same time he is busy removing everything that gives people a sense of purpose. What we do now in the church does not spring organically from our faith in Christ and the restoration of the Gospel through Joseph. It now comes from the top down in choreographed and emotion-dripping syrup that has little long term nutrional value for our faith. Our purpose seems to be membership instead of conversion, and the goal is to feel good about yourself as you are instead of change and sacrifice of will to Christ.

TwochurchesOnly
captain of 1,000

Post by TwochurchesOnly »

Serragon wrote: July 6th, 2022, 11:03 am
BuriedTartaria wrote: July 6th, 2022, 10:37 am Remember what church was like in previous decades? Society is falling apart and the LDS church has not escaped this. My dad is a bishop right now. Fortunately his ward seems pretty unified and lively, but I feel bad for him. He doesn't know about my alternative beliefs on Mormon history. I love him dearly.
I think not having Moroni on the temple is a big deal.

The church made a decision at some point that instead of trying to create a Zion community and bring people to it, that they would simply teach the world where they were and let them stay.

The fruit of this has been a major dilution of doctrine and a destruction of culture.in an attempt to be non-threatening to as many world governments as possible. The church really stands for very little now and has very little actual purpose. Outside of the claim to the keys to ordinances, you will get a better sense of comunity, culture, and purpose in most any local christian or catholic church.

It is ironic to me that RMN is often talking about how the youth of our church need to know who they are and they need to have a purpose. But at the same time he is busy removing everything that gives people a sense of purpose. What we do now in the church does not spring organically from our faith in Christ and the restoration of the Gospel through Joseph. It now comes from the top down in choreographed and emotion-dripping syrup that has little long term nutrional value for our faith. Our purpose seems to be membership instead of conversion, and the goal is to feel good about yourself as you are instead of change and sacrifice of will to Christ.
YES !!
Thank you

randyps
captain of 100

Post by randyps »

Christianlee wrote: July 6th, 2022, 4:18 am
If the Church cared about the future of its members it would spend money to build an alternative to the public school system which is helping to corrupt its children.
I thought about that too, wouldnt it b wonderful to turn chapels into private schools but all the lawsuits we get by just trying to operate as a church is overwhelming enough.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

randyps wrote: July 6th, 2022, 12:02 pm
Christianlee wrote: July 6th, 2022, 4:18 am
I thought about that too, wouldnt it b wonderful to turn chapels into private schools but all the lawsuits we get by just trying to operate as a church is overwhelming enough.
Other churches in our area run schools out of them, also.

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

I'm here in Texas and we have a strong ward, people are very engaged, we have an amazing group of youth who are strong and desire to do the right things together. Our YM/YM programs have made camps and high adventure a priority and those activities have been very great and building camaraderie. It's not always peaches and cream but overall, I'm very happy with my ward community and think it's the best I've been in during all my years.

Church_of_the_Lamb
captain of 100

Post by Church_of_the_Lamb »

The infrastructure is being built right now in the form of the metaverse, just as the world built the internet the next phase is going to be metaverse ar/vr. I'm not a big fan of Apple, but what they do very well is design. They will be releasing their form of vr/ar and that is when it is going to take off. Just as with the internet the church will bolt its stuff on the back of what the world has built. Just as our world changes with the advent of the internet, then the smartphone in every hand, the next phase will be more life changing.