The Teachings of Ezra Taft Benson

Discuss liberty related books, videos, audio, as well as downloadable resources.
lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

The Teachings of Ezra Taft Benson

Post by lundbaek »

The Teachings of Ezra Taft Benson, published by Bookcraft, is a compilation of statements of Brother Benson on various gospel subjects and principles. By the time I wanted to read it, I discovered it was out of print and was told by an acquaintance of Reed Benson that it would not be republished - in other words, "muzzled", as I was given to understand. I don't remember the reason I was given.

Does any body else have any idea why it's no longer available?

I can only surmise that certain Church authorities want certain messages in the book muzzled. Kinda like what happened to Many Are Called But Few Are Chosen.

Two days ago I got a copy in brand new condition for $2 at the DI in Mesa, AZ.

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Re: The Teachings of Ezra Taft Benson

Post by blitzinstripes »

The truths that he taught are too offensive to the weak people of this generation.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

blitzinstripes wrote: May 26th, 2022, 4:52 pm The truths that he taught are too offensive to the weak people of this generation.
I agree. And I believe that promotion of his teachings Re. freedom, liberty, and the Constitution would provoke retribution against the Church that would hinder its missionary and building programs.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

Well if they are trying to muzzle this publication they are doing a poor job of it. Amazon offers it in both print and in electronic format.

https://www.amazon.com/Teachings-Ezra-T ... ref=sr_1_1

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

blitzinstripes wrote: May 26th, 2022, 4:52 pm The truths that he taught are too offensive to the weak people of this generation.
something to ponder:

If ETB stood up as an apostle today and said anything like what he said as he did when he served, he would be excommunicated. No doubt. . Yah, he would have been first threatened to not speak on those subjects , but I know that he still would have. He actually had conviction, spoke with conviction, and he didn't need someone feeding him words on what was politically correct. When he was the Prophet, he was not well liked and not fully supported by the majority of the 12 and was considered a radical. Little known fact.

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

FrankOne wrote: June 25th, 2022, 10:17 pm
something to ponder:

If ETB stood up as an apostle today and said anything like what he said as he did when he served, he would be excommunicated. No doubt. . Yah, he would have been first threatened to not speak on those subjects , but I know that he still would have. He actually had conviction, spoke with conviction, and he didn't need someone feeding him words on what was politically correct. When he was the Prophet, he was not well liked and not fully supported by the majority of the 12 and was considered a radical. Little known fact.
He spoke more prophetically than any other prophet of my generation. I'm starting to feel like the church has gone full blown Joel Osteen prosperity gospel.

What I wouldn't give for a little fire and brimstone, a voice of warning to the world to REPENT.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Including the current Q15

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

gkearney wrote: June 25th, 2022, 11:29 am Well if they are trying to muzzle this publication they are doing a poor job of it. Amazon offers it in both print and in electronic format.

https://www.amazon.com/Teachings-Ezra-T ... ref=sr_1_1
There are apparently four copies of the print version left. Also a high price for a Kindle book.

Ivebeenouthere
captain of 100

Post by Ivebeenouthere »

FrankOne wrote: June 25th, 2022, 10:17 pm
something to ponder:

He was everything a Prophet should be. He was not a friend of the world as is what's happening today. The Holy Spirit testified of him being a true Prophet.

logonbump
captain of 100

Post by logonbump »

President Benson came to Tacoma, Washington to speak at a sports arena in the early 90s. I was in my teens and came with some extended family. His words were not heard there that day by those in attendance. I left confused, being told something to the effect that he was much aged and was thus having issues speaking, though he booked the event.
In retrospect, I believe now his planned words were met with enough opposition that he was never given the mic.

Peeps
captain of 1,000

Post by Peeps »

The "14 Fundamentals in Following the Prophet" was also a part of his teachings.
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... t?lang=eng