tends to see D&C is all about zion ..

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

tends to see D&C is all about zion ..

Post by sushi_chef »

tends to see very much basically D&C is all about zion and zion(/ redeeming zion) must be of prophet joseph's highest concern.

"The Pearl of Great Price / Book of Moses
CHAPTER VII. december 1830
18 And the Lord called his people ZION, because they were of one heart and one mind, and dwelt in righteousness; and there was no poor among them.

19 And Enoch continued his preaching in righteousness unto the people of God. And it came to pass in his days, that he built a city that was called the City of Holiness, even ZION.
61 And the day shall come that the earth shall rest, but before that day the heavens shall be darkened, and a veil of darkness shall cover the earth; and the heavens shall shake, and also the earth; and great tribulations shall be among the children of men, but my people will I preserve;

62 And righteousness will I send down out of heaven; and truth will I send forth out of the earth, to bear testimony of mine Only Begotten; his resurrection from the dead; yea, and also the resurrection of all men; and righteousness and truth will I cause to sweep the earth as with a flood, to gather out mine elect from the four quarters of the earth, unto a place which I shall prepare, an Holy City, that my people may gird up their loins, and be looking forth for the time of my coming; for there shall be my tabernacle, and it shall be called Zion, a New Jerusalem.
"
https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Pear ... 913)/Moses

" "42 And before the day of the Lord shall come, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon be turned into blood, and the stars(hopi's blue star = ten tibes planet separated from the earth) fall from heaven.

43 And the remnant shall be gathered unto this place;
66 And it shall be called the New Jerusalem, a land of peace, a city of refuge, a place of safety for the saints of the Most High God;

67 And the glory of the Lord shall be there, and the terror of the Lord also shall be there, insomuch that the wicked will not come unto it, and it shall be called Zion.

68 And it shall come to pass among the wicked, that every man that will not take his sword against his neighbor must needs flee unto Zion for safety.

69 And there shall be gathered unto it out of every nation under heaven; and it shall be the only people that shall not be at war one with another.

70 And it shall be said among the wicked: Let us not go up to battle against Zion, for the inhabitants of Zion are terrible; wherefore we cannot stand.

71 And it shall come to pass that the righteous shall be gathered out from among all nations, and shall come to Zion, singing with songs of everlasting joy.
" 45, mar 7 1831

"23 Wherefore, be not deceived, but continue in steadfastness, looking forth for the heavens to be shaken, and the earth to tremble and to reel to and fro as a drunken man, and for the valleys to be exalted, and for the mountains to be made low, and for the rough places to become smooth and all this when the angel shall sound his trumpet.

24 But before the great day of the Lord shall come, Jacob shall flourish in the wilderness, and the Lamanites shall blossom as the rose.

25 Zion shall flourish upon the hills and rejoice upon the mountains, and shall be assembled together unto the place which I have appointed.
" 49, mar / may 1831
"
viewtopic.php?p=1252822&hilit=koyle#p1252822

"The Prophet’s party reached Independence, Missouri, on 14 July 1831. After
viewing the country and prayerfully seeking divine guidance, the Prophet said,
“[The Lord] manifested himself unto me,
and designated to me and others, the very spot upon which he
designed to commence the work of the gathering, and the
upbuilding of an holy city, which should be called Zion.”3
.. OUR HERITAGE
"
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/bc/ ... 48_eng.pdf

"Historical Context and Background of D&C 57
Section 57 is the first revelation Joseph received in Missouri. After receiving the commandment to travel there from Ohio in section 52, it took Joseph two weeks to prepare and a month to make the long trip. Mindful of the prophecies of Isaiah, Joseph asked the Lord for details concerning their fulfillment: “when will the wilderness blossom as the rose; when will Zion be built up in her glory, and where will thy Temple stand unto which all nations shall come in the last days.”1 Joseph described how the Lord answered with section 57.2
Fulfilling the Lord’s commandment (D&C 52:2), Joseph Smith and the other elders who had been called in the revelation left Kirtland on June 19, 1831. They arrived in Independence, Jackson County, Missouri, on July 14. Upon their arrival, Joseph was greeted by Oliver Cowdery, other members of the Lamanite mission, and a small handful of converts from the area. Joseph Smith later wrote, “The meeting of our brethren, who had long waited our arrival, was a glorious one and moistened with many tears. It seemed good and pleasant for brethren to meet together in unity.” Joseph’s thoughts weren’t only with the members in his presence, however. He reflected while “standing now upon the confines, or western limits of the united States, and looking into the vast wilderness” on the plight of the American Indians (Joseph Smith—History, vol. A-1, 127, JSP).

Joseph wrote that “after viewing the country, seeking diligently at the hand of God, he manifested himself unto me, and designated to me and others, the very spot upon which he designed to commence the work of the gathering, and the upbuilding of an holy city, which should be called Zion:—Zion because it is to be a place of righteousness, and all who build thereon, are to worship the true and living God—and all believe in one doctrine even the doctrine of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ” (Letter to the Elders of the Church, 2 October 1835, p. 179, JSP). The revelation, received a few days after Joseph arrived in the Missouri, was based on two questions, “When will the wilderness blossom as the rose; when will Zion be built up in her glory, and where will thy Temple stand unto which all nations shall come in the last days?” (Joseph Smith—History, vol. A-1, 127, JSP).
"
https://doctrineandcovenantscentral.org ... ext/dc-57/

"I received, by a heavenly vision, a commandment in June following, to
take my journey to the western boundaries of the State of Missouri, and
there designate the very spot which was to be the central place for the
commencement of the gathering together of those who embrace the fullness
of the everlasting Gospel. Accordingly I undertook the journey, with
certain ones of my brethren, and after a long and tedious journey,
suffering many privations and hardships, arrived in Jackson County,
Missouri, and after viewing the country, seeking diligently at the hand of
God, He manifested Himself unto us, and designated, to me and others, the
very spot upon which He designed to commence the work of the gathering,
and the upbuilding of an "holy city," which should be called Zion--Zion,
because it is a place of righteousness, and all who build thereon are to
worship the true and living God, and all believe in one doctrine, even the
doctrine of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. "Thy watchmen shall lift up
the voice; with the voice together shall they sing: for they shall see eye
to eye, when the Lord shall bring again Zion" (Isaiah lii: 8).

.. Text Files of History of the Church Volume 2
"
http://boap.org/LDS/History/History_of_the_Church/ (search manifest 30/77)

also tends to see something not right / errored to interpret " Prophecy of the Lord's House Established in the Mountains been Fulfilled" in salt lake .. at least in joseph's view ..

"Today, however, modern prophets have also seen the fulfillment of this passage in the establishment of Salt Lake City and its temple. In General Conference in April 1971, Elder LeGrand Richards, for instance, said of Isaiah 2:2 (2 Nephi 12:2), “How literally that has been fulfilled, in my way of thinking, in this very house of the God of Jacob right here on this block! This temple, more than any other building of which we have any record, has brought people from every land to learn of his ways and walk in his paths.”5
More recently, Elder Robert D. Hales taught, “As Salt Lake City has hosted the 2002 Winter Olympic and Paralympic Games, we have seen a partial fulfillment of many prophecies. The nations of the earth and many of their leaders have come. They have seen us serving alongside our friends in this community and our neighbors of other faiths.”6

Speaking at the Conference Center shortly after it was built, President Hinckley taught, “I believe that prophecy applies to the historic and wonderful Salt Lake Temple. But I believe also that it is related to this magnificent hall. For it is from this pulpit that the law of God shall go forth, together with the word and testimony of the Lord.”7
"
https://knowhy.bookofmormoncentral.org/ ... -fulfilled
:arrow: