So you don't want to sustain us huh? No temple recommend for you!

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: So you don't want to sustain us huh? No temple recommend for you!

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Subcomandante wrote: June 7th, 2022, 12:01 pm Where is that recorded?
In a book that you'll never read because it didn't come from your "prophets."

What has happened to me and many of my friends is a fulfillment of this prophecy.

JSmith
captain of 100

Post by JSmith »

I very clearly laid out my concerns about many of the decisions made by church leadership and my feeling that I could not agree or actively promote some of their teachings to my Bishop.

Not only have I been told I will not get a temple recommend until I can “sustain the leadership”, I was instructed to repent and seek a “change of heart”

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: June 7th, 2022, 12:03 pm
Subcomandante wrote: June 7th, 2022, 12:01 pm Where is that recorded?
In a book that you'll never read because it didn't come from your "prophets."

What has happened to me and many of my friends is a fulfillment of this prophecy.
The Qu'ran never came from one of our prophets, yet I have read that.

Same goes for the Bhagavad Gita.

So what is this new book?

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Subcomandante wrote: June 7th, 2022, 12:08 pm So what is this new book?
The Book is the Nemenhah Record. It is a record of the Native Americans that spans about 1600 years of their history back to the time of Hagoth, the ship builder. Plenty of people on the forum discount it outright. If you believe the PSRs cannot be led astray... you will not like this book.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

There is no denying though, these words from Samuel are being fulfilled. Your revelation (HG) cannot contradict these men. This is crystal clear in church talks, manuals, and handbooks, and is widely professed and accepted by church leadership.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: June 7th, 2022, 12:09 pm
Subcomandante wrote: June 7th, 2022, 12:08 pm So what is this new book?
The Book is the Nemenhah Record. It is a record of the Native Americans that spans about 1600 years of their history back to the time of Hagoth, the ship builder. Plenty of people on the forum discount it outright. If you believe the PSRs cannot be led astray... you will not like this book.
Where can I get a copy of this book? Or a PDF format?

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Subcomandante wrote: June 7th, 2022, 12:24 pm Where can I get a copy of this book? Or a PDF format?
You can purchase a printed book or a pdf here:

Printed Book: https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/phillip ... pageSize=4

PDF version: https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/phillip ... pageSize=4

Use discount code "TREAT15" for 15% off either purchase.

——

EDIT: I have found much truth in this record, and there are things that I still wonder about and question. I even outright disagree with some of the footnotes from the translation council.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

The spirit that has taken over our church is the same spirit that consumes American politics and globalists like the WEF....it is a belief that a certain few people are better equipped and more able to decide what is best for everyone.

Maybe it has always been this way, but it seems lately those certain few, those who think they know best for everyone, get angry and manipulative if people question them.

Ironically, they claim a moral superiority by virtue of their supposed concern for others. But they let their belief in having moral superiority fool themselves into doing immoral things to achieve their moral ends.

Such a dangerous slope to start down. For if you are morally justified in lying a little to save the kids, or the environment or bullying people to save an institution....then can a "nobel" leader also justified forcibly injecting people? Or taking away their cars? Or locking them in special camps....for their own good? Or letting them starve to teach them humility?

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: June 7th, 2022, 12:00 pm These words from Samuel the Lamanite couldn't be more prophetic:

"58) Behold, I say unto you who shall receive these things and ponder them, you shall live in a time when men do seek to elevate the Prophets unto that status wherein they may speak no error nor act in any mean thing. This is a great pitfall to the righteous.

59) For, such men shall make regulations that begin to deny the right of every Covenant Child of the Peacemaker to seek the confirmation of the Holy Ghost.

60) Yea, in your day, if a man hears the words of some Prophet and, seeking the confirmation of the Holy Ghost, fails to receive it, but receives instead a witness that the utterance is false or misguided, behold, he shall be brought up before the counsels and he shall be persecuted for having received such a witness. And they shall scourge him bitterly with their words and shall even cast him out from among them.

61) Look you to your own day! For speedy destruction of all that you hold dear shall surely come to pass. For, of such pride generally were the Nephites in the land southward, and they did persecute and even put to death they who believed the signs of the coming of the Peacemaker."
I do not believe you ... pls show me where these alleged words of Samuel the Lamanite are found.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

BroJones wrote: June 7th, 2022, 1:16 pm I do not believe you ... pls show me where these alleged words of Samuel the Lamanite are found.
Go back a few comments Bro. Jones.

BTW, you don't have to believe a single word I say. But the prophecy still holds true.

Samuel the Lamanite came from the Nemenah people. He was one of their prophets. He wrote extensively in this record.

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

JSmith wrote: June 7th, 2022, 12:05 pm I very clearly laid out my concerns about many of the decisions made by church leadership and my feeling that I could not agree or actively promote some of their teachings to my Bishop.

Not only have I been told I will not get a temple recommend until I can “sustain the leadership”, I was instructed to repent and seek a “change of heart”
Of course, they laid it all back on you. How dare you question the Pharisees? Did you learn your lesson?

😁

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Here is the video of the talk where RMN says "you can trust them completely" when referring to the First Presidency and Q12:

1:50

https://rumble.com/vx4vtb-russell-nelso ... febru.html

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

tribrac wrote: June 7th, 2022, 12:39 pm The spirit that has taken over our church is the same spirit that consumes American politics and globalists like the WEF....it is a belief that a certain few people are better equipped and more able to decide what is best for everyone.

Maybe it has always been this way, but it seems lately those certain few, those who think they know best for everyone, get angry and manipulative if people question them.

Ironically, they claim a moral superiority by virtue of their supposed concern for others. But they let their belief in having moral superiority fool themselves into doing immoral things to achieve their moral ends.

Such a dangerous slope to start down. For if you are morally justified in lying a little to save the kids, or the environment or bullying people to save an institution....then can a "nobel" leader also justified forcibly injecting people? Or taking away their cars? Or locking them in special camps....for their own good? Or letting them starve to teach them humility?
I'm not sure what ever happened to the greatest among us being the servants. The Savior got down on the same level with those he led and served them. In fact I seem to remember Him washing their feet. I don't remember him living a luxurious lifestyle in a big, fancy house with a private jet and a limousine driver. I don't recall the twelve having a fancy headquarters. It's getting harder and harder to even attempt to make this church fit the description of the Savior's church.

I would like to see the church give away all of it's billions in financial assets to charity. Let the apostles travel without purse or script among the people. Let the ward and stake buildings become soup kitchens and homeless shelters. Maybe they could encourage us to use faith and priesthood to keep us safe and healthy, and not trust in the arm of flesh. Who knows. Maybe we actually start to see miracles and spiritual gifts again. Maybe we actually realize what it means to become a Zion people.

Maybe I wish for too much.

XEmilyX
captain of 1,000

Post by XEmilyX »

Perfect I wondered when you guys would catch on to the revelation I had decades ago mentally. I mean it would have taken a decade for all of you to catch on to this. It's a good thing we're finally talking about this idea I was inspired with thank you for listening to the spirit a little tiny bit. Amen.
Do not report me for an opinion you can't handle because you think you're offended. Thanks bye.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: June 7th, 2022, 7:15 am
Subcomandante wrote: June 7th, 2022, 7:04 am This is an incorrect idea of sustaining.

This is a problem I often find here. Lots of accusations fly up against the leadership, some of which might very well be true. But if you want leadership to fix the problem, hard evidence must be obtained that support the idea that you want to fix. Otherwise, it will simply be ignored.
"Our sustaining is an oath-like indication that we recognize their calling as a prophet to be legitimate and binding upon us." (Russell Nelson)
“And again it is written, thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths;“ 3 Nephi 12:33

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: June 7th, 2022, 8:10 am
Niemand wrote: June 7th, 2022, 6:53 am There's an easy workaround. Don't go to Stake Conference or don't be in the room when they do this bit.
Why work around it? We need honestly and integrity in the world today. A church that poo poos asking questions and questioning leadership is not of God.
Because it isn't a vote. You can question leadership but it will only be accepted at the lower levels. A thousand people could demonstrate opposition to the FP at General Conference and what would happen is you would get very smug memes on Facebook about how the "work" continues despite them.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

tribrac wrote: June 7th, 2022, 12:39 pm The spirit that has taken over our church is the same spirit that consumes American politics and globalists like the WEF....it is a belief that a certain few people are better equipped and more able to decide what is best for everyone.

As I have said elsewhere, I believe that the WEF, Bilderbergers etc is based on misreadings of Plato's Republic.

This is the simplified version, but Plato's idea was that society should be ruled by philosopher kings, i.e. those who have been raised to be suitable rulers. Which is precisely what the WEF's Young Global Leaders programme pretends to do, and rhey in turn answer to a mixture of futurologists, philosophers, economists and assorted scientists.

Along with the idea of Philosopher Kings, Plato also talks of the concept of the Noble Lie. Many societies have such a thing, and there is probably more than one on western societies. The Noble Lie is a fiction told to people which allows greater work to take place. The Noble Lie in western society is the pretence of party politics and democracy which have been hacked by the WEF, Bilderberg etc.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Niemand wrote: June 7th, 2022, 3:08 pm

As I have said elsewhere, I believe that the WEF etc is based on misreadings of Plato's Republic.

This is the simplified version, but Plato's idea was that society should be ruled by philosopher kings, i.e. those who have been raised to be suitable rulers. Which is precisely what the WEF's Young Global Leaders programme pretends to do, and rhey in turn answer to a mixture of futurologists, philosophers, economists and assorted scientists
Wow, now that's interesting. I hadn't seen it in that light before... Good observation 👍
They(WEF, etc) really do believe they are doing the world a solid favor by seeking this global control and power.

Ebenezer
captain of 100

Post by Ebenezer »

BroJones wrote: June 7th, 2022, 1:16 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: June 7th, 2022, 12:00 pm These words from Samuel the Lamanite couldn't be more prophetic:

"58) Behold, I say unto you who shall receive these things and ponder them, you shall live in a time when men do seek to elevate the Prophets unto that status wherein they may speak no error nor act in any mean thing. This is a great pitfall to the righteous.

59) For, such men shall make regulations that begin to deny the right of every Covenant Child of the Peacemaker to seek the confirmation of the Holy Ghost.

60) Yea, in your day, if a man hears the words of some Prophet and, seeking the confirmation of the Holy Ghost, fails to receive it, but receives instead a witness that the utterance is false or misguided, behold, he shall be brought up before the counsels and he shall be persecuted for having received such a witness. And they shall scourge him bitterly with their words and shall even cast him out from among them.

61) Look you to your own day! For speedy destruction of all that you hold dear shall surely come to pass. For, of such pride generally were the Nephites in the land southward, and they did persecute and even put to death they who believed the signs of the coming of the Peacemaker."
I do not believe you ... pls show me where these alleged words of Samuel the Lamanite are found.
Of all the people on the earth today, you’d think that the LDS would be most enthusiastic, or at least curious, about new scriptures. Especially ones that (indirectly?) claim to be related to the Book of Mormon.

(I’ve not read a lot from the Nemenhah record, but what I have seen is quite interesting.)

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Niemand wrote: June 7th, 2022, 3:02 pm
Niemand wrote: June 7th, 2022, 6:53 am There's an easy workaround. Don't go to Stake Conference or don't be in the room when they do this bit.
Why work around it? We need honestly and integrity in the world today. A church that poo poos asking questions and questioning leadership is not of God.
Because it isn't a vote. You can question leadership but it will only be accepted at the lower levels. A thousand people could demonstrate opposition to the FP at General Conference and what would happen is you would get very smug memes on Facebook about how the "work" continues despite them.
I agree it isn't a vote. Originally it was intended to be that, but it is not that anymore. Today it seems like a great way to sniff out and report the dissenters.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: June 7th, 2022, 12:37 pm
Subcomandante wrote: June 7th, 2022, 12:24 pm Where can I get a copy of this book? Or a PDF format?
You can purchase a printed book or a pdf here:

Printed Book: https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/phillip ... pageSize=4

PDF version: https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/phillip ... pageSize=4

Use discount code "TREAT15" for 15% off either purchase.

——

EDIT: I have found much truth in this record, and there are things that I still wonder about and question. I even outright disagree with some of the footnotes from the translation council.
I appreciate the share. Once I have gone through some of the material within how about I open up a thread about it. Or if you prefer PM I can do that too.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Subcomandante wrote: June 7th, 2022, 3:24 pm I appreciate the share. Once I have gone through some of the material within how about I open up a thread about it. Or if you prefer PM I can do that too.
You can certainly do either. From past experience, I know people love to attack the messenger (Phillip Landis), and not the message (the doctrines or teachings presented in the record).

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Cruiserdude wrote: June 7th, 2022, 3:11 pm
Niemand wrote: June 7th, 2022, 3:08 pm

As I have said elsewhere, I believe that the WEF etc is based on misreadings of Plato's Republic.

This is the simplified version, but Plato's idea was that society should be ruled by philosopher kings, i.e. those who have been raised to be suitable rulers. Which is precisely what the WEF's Young Global Leaders programme pretends to do, and rhey in turn answer to a mixture of futurologists, philosophers, economists and assorted scientists
Wow, now that's interesting. I hadn't seen it in that light before... Good observation 👍
They(WEF, etc) really do believe they are doing the world a solid favor by seeking this global control and power.
I think some of them genuinely do think they're doing what's best for the world and the human race, although they are also misanthropes who hate the common people, and think that they are of low intelligence. The two ideas are not contradictory, and many people aren't very bright at all, as we all know. Their harsher projects can be justified as a sort of "no pain, no gain" exercise - Communist leaders used to do this all the time, "the end justifies the means". Intelligence is not wisdom, although often confused with it, and the elites hire intelligent people to plot what is ahead.

And this is the crowd the church follows now. The globalists talk a good talk, and talk about solving issues with pollution, economic chaos, disease, famine and war, which are things very few people wants. It all sounds great if you don't peep behind the curtain. I think the church leadership has been suckered by these people and doesn't realise they're low down the food chain.

This is without going into the spiritual/occult aspect. From what I can tell, Luciferianism is a very elitist ideology, as does Satanism (which is slightly different). The left hand patern tends to the development of the one and the self, whereas the right is more collective minded and altruistic.Satan aims to destroy us and the world with us, but that is not the kind of idea that sells very well, so he would tend to promote his doctrine as beneficial to those involved and probably others.

Luciferianism is unpalatable to the general population, so again if it is promoted, it would usually be encoded..(With obvious exceptions like Lucifer which show him in a sympathetic light). Otherwise Lucifer is the lightbearer, so can easily encoded as Prometheus, the Greek folk hero who brought us fire from the gods and was punished by them for doing so. The Rockfellers, arch-globalists, erected a statue of Prometheus in the middle of New York.

Prometheus sounds a great guy, helped humanity progress, and gain technology and was punished for it. I was listening to the controversial academic Jason Rezia Jorjani talking about Prometheanism on YouTube, and it seemed obvious he was talking about an encoded Luciferianism. Jorjani is a fringe figure, but I think similar "Promethean" ideas are shared in high circles. This is the kind of crowd the FP has fallen in with, although they may not know it.

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

Subcomandante wrote: June 7th, 2022, 11:26 am
Gadianton Slayer wrote: June 7th, 2022, 11:24 am
InfoWarrior82 wrote: June 7th, 2022, 11:21 am
Subcomandante wrote: June 7th, 2022, 11:12 am

Simple. Documentation alleging everything which many of you guys accuse the prophets of doing. Statistics that can back up what you are saying. Documentation that can be properly sourced to the point where even the opposition will have no choice but to back you up. Hearsay will not work. Innuendos will not work.

Like what?
Yeah, let’s attempt to fight within the law against people who own the law.
Or actually LEARN what the laws say so that you can use the power of the LAW against those that say they own the Law.

But that would require education, study, and discipline for several years, which, by the looks of it, is beyond the simple capacities of many people on this board.
Why are you so mean?

I use to think you were so smart, then I realized you were a self righteous, American hating, hypocrite.

I realize the mods may think these are personal attacks, but I'm just aiming at the targets Sub put up.

You are so blind to your own weaknesses. Maybe take some time and reread as many of your old posts as you can stand. Get some perspective and self awareness. Then feel free to come back and hand out apologies like candy.

For what it is worth, you won't be among those who build Zion with the house of Jacob anymore than unrighteous Gentiles will be, ya Pharisee!

JLHPROF
captain of 1,000

Post by JLHPROF »

Niemand wrote: June 7th, 2022, 3:02 pm
Prophets aren't prophets because WE say they are. Prophets are prophets because GOD says they are.
Now whether God says they are prophets is entirely a matter of faith. But you can't vote someone to be God's representative, he likes to choose his own.