Prophets - Why the Push to Follow the Prophet?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Being There
captain of 1,000

Re: Prophets - Why the Push to Follow the Prophet?

Post by Being There »

Being There wrote: May 25th, 2022, 8:07 am
Being There wrote: May 25th, 2022, 7:20 am
HereWeGo wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 8:39 pm It is sad that this thread has been derailed.
so lets un - derail it.

OP - Prophets - Why the Push to Follow the Prophet?

so lets talk about following the prophet.

As I once had said to someone else -
when they said -
""Our job is to follow the Prophet"

Our job is to follow the Prophet !
good luck with that, because the prophet didn't die for you,
Jesus did, for you, and for the prophet.
And "we haven't had great big REVELATIONS of the sort to add a section to the D&C"as you say,
because the church is not receiving revelation.

you've been deceived my friend, like many members, and can't see beyond the prophet.
The prophet is just a man, and only a man.
Jesus Christ is God the father.
it's like comparing a grain of sand to the Sun.

It's everyone's job to follow Jesus Christ - and have a relationship with Him - and have His spirit with them.
not the prophet - trusting in the "arm of flesh."

I've heard too many members just say, "I follow the prophet".
What does that really mean anyway?
They think that if they follow the prophet, they're saved some how ?,
like saying - "I'm good, I'm fine now, I don't need to do anything else."

Isn't it about time we stop living on borrowed light
If you follow the prophet or the GA's of the church
expecting to be saved, you will be lost.
You can not follow someone into heaven.

Following the prophet can't save you.
Going to church won't save you.

Following the prophet, is not following the Lord.
A prophet is still a man, and not the Lord.
All our focus, faith, trust and hope should be in Jesus Christ - our Savior and NOT in ANY MAN.
Why don't they say - I will follow the lord, and have Him as my guide,
have "His spirit to be with me".
To be saved, there is no middle man, except Christ.

"I am the way, the truth, and the life:
no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
John 14:6

Feast upon the words of Christ.
We need to put our faith in Christ
It's CHRIST'S gospel and we need to look to him
and have his spirit with us to guide and direct us.
He's the one that died for us and the ONLY one that can save us.

"And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ,
we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ,
and we write according to our prophecies,
that our children may know to what source
they may look for a remission of their sins."
2 Nephi 25:26

"Wherefore, ye must press forward
with a steadfastness in Christ,
having a perfect brightness of hope,
and a love of God and of all men.
Wherefore, if ye shall press forward,
feasting upon the word of Christ,
and endure to the end, behold,
thus saith the Father:
Ye shall have eternal life."
2 Nephi 31:20
Going to church is not what's going to save you anyway;
(especially not one that has "unite themselves to that great and abominable church of the devil".)
where you need to be "good global citizens" and wear a mask to enter Babylon and join other members in satan's plan.

Who even cares about what the church does and what the Q15 do or what they say.
I see so many posts and comments about what the church is doing -
going back to church - conference. - about going to the temple. WHO CARES.
I mean, come on.
why would anyone even want to be involved with the church, knowing that it has become corrupt
and fallen into apostasy and "united themselves to that great and abominable church of the devil".
Knowing that - to be a good member - you need to become a "good global citizen",
where you become a member of Babylon - involved and participating in all the evil plans of the NWO.
ANYONE can go to church !

you don't need the church to come to the Lord.

YOU ARE NOT SAVED JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE A MEMBER
AND YOU GO TO CHURCH.
Those who think they are righteous and are saved just by
attending their church meetings and even the temple,
church callings, etc. and think they've done their spiritual duty
for the week, will be cast out and burned with the tares.

And those who humble themselves daily, with a
Broken Heart and Contrite Spirit, on their knees repenting of their sins,
continually seeking the Lords face in prayer, asking the
Lord for his spirit to be with them always, to guide there lives,
to enlighten their minds and teach them all things of his gospel,
Taking upon you the name of Christ.
Servants of Christ - doing the things He (Christ) did,
loving, teaching, helping and forgiving others.
This is the gospel of Jesus Christ, not just attending church.
Spiritually is not an outwardly thing you do once a week
by going to church.

Anyone can go to church

It's one thing to say "I Love You"
but it's entirely another to demonstrate that
love, showing continually, unconditionally,
in many ways your unwavering love for that person.

It's one thing going to church, but it's entirely another
thing to accept and to live The Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Is going to church in itself spirituality ? no.
The very act of going to church won't save anyone.
Anyone can go to church.
I guarantee you that church attendance records
are not kept in heaven.
Just like I believe that just because you get married in the temple
doesn't mean you will be together forever, if you have a terrible
relationship with your spouse that has flustered and died away,
but because they got married in the temple, do you really
think they would be together or should be together ? I don't.

Too many members go to church like they go to the gym.
They go, they've done their (spiritual) duty
for the week and feel good about it.
Going to church doesn't make you closer to God. (unless)
it changes your life ! And it shows in your life by your fruits.
Again - going to church is like going to college.
You can go for years, and learn a lot but that won't get you
anywhere with your career unless you take what you've learned
and go out and apply it, in our lives and in the lives of others.
For many - The Gospel of Jesus Christ is like - a man was given an
expensive car to go on an extravagant vacation to a beautiful place,
but he didn't want to work, to get money for gas so he could go there.
Are you working to put gas in your car ? Not just by going to church,
but doing what He (Christ) did.

"Therefore, what manner of men ought ye to be?
Verily I say unto you, even as I am."
3 Nephi 27:27

"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

"so faith without works is dead"
"I will shew thee my faith by my works"
James 2

Jesus said
"But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant."

Mosiah Chapter 2:17
"And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom;
that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of
your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."

Matthew 25:40

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren,
ye have done it unto me.

It's there, Christ is at the door but we have to
open the door and fully accept him and do the things he did.
He will be in us, and work through us to do his work.

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

BuriedTartaria wrote: May 25th, 2022, 6:38 am Image
I don't know where you found this but it really sums up several who are on this site.

LDS Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LDS Watchman »

HereWeGo wrote: May 25th, 2022, 3:32 pm
I don't know where you found this but it really sums up several who are on this site.
This is a friendly reminder that you recently said the following:

"It is easy to see why kindness and grace is needed by all when dealing with each other on this site. I hope to be better in this regard."

This post of yours doesn't reflect this sentiment. Please try to show more kindness and grace with those you disagree with.

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

Atticus wrote: May 25th, 2022, 3:54 pm

"It is easy to see why kindness and grace is needed by all when dealing with each other on this site. I hope to be better in this regard."

This post of yours doesn't reflect this sentiment. Please try to show more kindness and grace with those you disagree with.
My kindness and grace was that I didn't point the finger at anyone here. I don't need to point fingers because everyone here can see the tactics and who is using them. I simply stated that the tactics described apply to several people on this site. This goes for gung-ho Mormons as well as people who have a problem with the Church. It takes 2 to engage in these tactics. I am sorry if you felt like I was pointing at you. I haven't pointing at anyone for many weeks. I just wish the tactics which end up derailing conversations could stop. Probably wishful thinking.

LDS Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LDS Watchman »

HereWeGo wrote: May 25th, 2022, 8:39 pm
Atticus wrote: May 25th, 2022, 3:54 pm

My kindness and grace was that I didn't point the finger at anyone here. I don't need to point fingers because everyone here can see the tactics and who is using them. I simply stated that the tactics described apply to several people on this site. This goes for gung-ho Mormons as well as people who have a problem with the Church. It takes 2 to engage in these tactics. I am sorry if you felt like I was pointing at you. I haven't pointing at anyone for many weeks. I just wish the tactics which end up derailing conversations could stop. Probably wishful thinking.
Have you specifically accused anyone but me of being a troll and a Pharisee?

Not that I've seen.

Calling people trolls (or Pharisees) is a derogatory label. It's intended to demean and degrade people. There is nothing kind or gracious about it.

I agree that it would be nice if people would discuss things more civilly on this forum and I intend to do my part and I hope you will do the same. This would include no derogatory labels or personal attacks.

XEmilyX
captain of 1,000

Post by XEmilyX »

itsmerich wrote: May 17th, 2022, 3:58 pm Hi all

I keep hearing (ad nauseum) in Church to follow the prophet. Our Stake Presidency is concerned so they think the fix is to regurgitate this line and try to make connections to some scripture stories thinking this will fix everything.

I am honestly asking this (and please don't contend w/ one another).

What has the prophet (outside of JS)said or revealed in the last 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 etc years that was so CRITICAL for our temporal or spiritual salvation that required us to "follow him" lest we suffer, be dammed, whatever word you want to insert that has not ALREADY BEEN captured in the standard works?

Thank you all
I don't belive you even believe in a prophet. I am so exhausted right now and I'm trying to shout at all of you on thsi forum to not comment or like any posts I have, but anyway, I was ordered to be killed today and my family was in danger. They were in a hummer ive never seen and they stalked me you guys. Listen to a true servant. I am a true servant. But anyway, I'm too tired but I'm posting this at 4 am because I had dozed off for like 10 minutes this entire time . I'm too tired to write anymore to convince anyone at this point. I'm trying to help. Bye. I haven't had sleep for 4 days now and I'm still able to talk on there. Anyway bye.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

XEmilyX wrote: May 29th, 2022, 4:11 am

I keep hearing (ad nauseum) in Church to follow the prophet. Our Stake Presidency is concerned so they think the fix is to regurgitate this line and try to make connections to some scripture stories thinking this will fix everything.

What has the prophet (outside of JS)said or revealed in the last 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 etc years that was so CRITICAL for our temporal or spiritual salvation that required us to "follow him" lest we suffer, be dammed, whatever word you want to insert that has not ALREADY BEEN captured in the standard works?

Thank you all
I don't belive you even believe in a prophet. I am so exhausted right now and I'm trying to shout at all of you on thsi forum to not comment or like any posts I have, but anyway, I was ordered to be killed today and my family was in danger. They were in a hummer ive never seen and they stalked me you guys. Listen to a true servant. I am a true servant. But anyway, I'm too tired but I'm posting this at 4 am because I had dozed off for like 10 minutes this entire time . I'm too tired to write anymore to convince anyone at this point. I'm trying to help. Bye. I haven't had sleep for 4 days now and I'm still able to talk on there. Anyway bye.
I'm very sorry you are feeling so bad - I will pray for you.
Please pray and seek THE LORD.
ONLY JESUS CHRIST CAN HELP YOU.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

XEmilyX wrote: May 29th, 2022, 4:11 am

Thank you all
Emily, have you considered taking a break from being on line and be in nature? To refill your cup and rest?
It might do you some good to mourn your loss and take a break from the stress that this forum brings you.

NowWhat
captain of 100

Post by NowWhat »

Sadly, the best thing that I can take away from this post is, "Don't feed the trolls." I lost the whole thread until BeingThere pulled us back on track. I often can't make it through all the comments because it feels like a bunch of 6 year olds contending with each other. Thank you, BuriedTartaria for the troll meme. Guys! When a known troll posts, ignore him. Proceed with the OP. He derails everything, and attacks anyone who is disturbed with the direction being taken by the leadership and the corporate Church. Pretend he is not there. Even intermittent reinforcement or acknowledgment reinforces his behavior--and that of others like him.

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

Atticus wrote: May 25th, 2022, 7:39 am
Being There wrote: May 25th, 2022, 7:32 am
Atticus wrote: May 25th, 2022, 7:19 am
BuriedTartaria wrote: May 25th, 2022, 6:38 am We don't flood pro-PSR forums, which there is not a lack of and where discussion occurs that sits better with their views.
This is LDS Freedom Forum. Not Anti-Prophet, Seer, and Revelator Forum.

Unfortunately this is largely what it has turned into, because so many antis post here. But those who aren't antis and voice their opinions or challenge the claims of the antis aren't trolls.
more like -
fortunately, there's still a place - a LDS Freedom Forum (freedom to speak - and be heard)
freedom where the truth can be brought to light.
And where other brothers and sisters that are looking for it, can find it.

and to quote myself - and just for Atticus
viewtopic.php?p=1226798&hilit=truth+anti#p1226798

"anti-LDS ?
more like pro - truth.
but if truth is not what you're look for,
you're welcome to go back to sleep though - back to your "all is well in Zion" forum.

And goals can change -
over the years - just look at the church - and what it's become - it's not what it was.
So over the years - in this forum - the "all is well in Zion" song - had to change as well.

Anyone in this forum - that loves truth, would say that -
the goal of this forum hasn't been so much to become anti- LDS,
but to see the truth for what it really is - and unlike the church - stand up for it !"
What is truth and who determines what is true and what isn't? Is truth determined by which voices shout the loudest on LDSFF?
Deuteronomy 1819-22

19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.

21 And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the Lord hath not spoken?

22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

Matthew 7:15-20
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

LDS Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LDS Watchman »

JuneBug12000 wrote: May 30th, 2022, 1:31 pm
Atticus wrote: May 25th, 2022, 7:19 am

This is LDS Freedom Forum. Not Anti-Prophet, Seer, and Revelator Forum.

Unfortunately this is largely what it has turned into, because so many antis post here. But those who aren't antis and voice their opinions or challenge the claims of the antis aren't trolls.
more like -
fortunately, there's still a place - a LDS Freedom Forum (freedom to speak - and be heard)

"anti-LDS ?
more like pro - truth.
you're welcome to go back to sleep though - back to your "all is well in Zion" forum.

And goals can change -
over the years - just look at the church - and what it's become - it's not what it was.
So over the years - in this forum - the "all is well in Zion" song - had to change as well.

but to see the truth for what it really is - and unlike the church - stand up for it !"
What is truth and who determines what is true and what isn't? Is truth determined by which voices shout the loudest on LDSFF?
Deuteronomy 1819-22

19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.

21 And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the Lord hath not spoken?

22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Anyone who actually follows what the brethren are teaching, knows that the fruit is good.

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

Atticus wrote: May 30th, 2022, 4:08 pm

more like -

"anti-LDS ?
more like pro - truth.

And goals can change -

Deuteronomy 1819-22

Anyone who actually follows what the brethren are teaching, knows that the fruit is good.
The reason you get so much push-back Atticus, is because you are talking to former TBMs who ate lots of delicious fruit and all of the sudden took a bite and found it rotten, wormy and not at all like the fruit before.

Like when Moses sees the Lord and then Satan appears and Moses says "I can tell the difference."

Do you believe that prophets and apostles and GAs can't be wrong?

If you think they can't, I would argue that means you haven't read the scriptures or don't understand them.

Throughout the scriptures prophets made mistakes AND owned them. That is why they were useful to the Lord.

The knew how to obey AND repent.

LDS Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LDS Watchman »

JuneBug12000 wrote: May 30th, 2022, 6:07 pm

Deuteronomy 1819-22

The reason you get so much push-back Atticus, is because you are talking to former TBMs who ate lots of delicious fruit and all of the sudden took a bite and found it rotten, wormy and not at all like the fruit before.

Like when Moses sees the Lord and then Satan appears and Moses says "I can tell the difference."

If you think they can't, I would argue that means you haven't read the scriptures or don't understand them.

Throughout the scriptures prophets made mistakes AND owned them. That is why they were useful to the Lord.

Prophets and apostles and GAs aren't infallible. So of course they can be wrong. However, anyone who follows their core teachings can discover for themselves that the fruit is good.

It didn't all of a sudden one day go bad.

Have faith in Christ, repent, receive the ordinances God requires and make covenants with him. Then keep those covenants, keep God's commandments, and serve God and your fellow man with all your heart. That's what the brethren teach. Anyone who does this will recognize that the fruit is delicious.

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

Atticus wrote: May 30th, 2022, 6:48 pm

Deuteronomy 1819-22

Prophets and apostles and GAs aren't infallible. So of course they can be wrong. However, anyone who follows their core teachings can discover for themselves that the fruit is good.

Have faith in Christ, repent, receive the ordinances God requires and make covenants with him. Then keep those covenants, keep God's commandments, and serve God and your fellow man with all your heart. That's what the brethren teach. Anyone who does this will recognize that the fruit is delicious.
Atticus,

I don't intend to keep responding to you,

But if that was all they taught, we wouldn't be having this discussion at all.

LDS Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LDS Watchman »

JuneBug12000 wrote: May 30th, 2022, 9:13 pm

Atticus,

That's what they teach constantly. That is their primary message and the one that they call on us to follow.

What are they teaching that has you so concerned?

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

Atticus wrote: May 30th, 2022, 10:13 pm

Atticus,

That's what they teach constantly. That is their primary message and the one that they call on us to follow.

viewtopic.php?t=66743

LDS Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LDS Watchman »

JuneBug12000 wrote: May 30th, 2022, 10:34 pm
Atticus wrote: May 30th, 2022, 10:13 pm

Atticus,

viewtopic.php?t=66743
I want your thoughts, not Gadianton Slayer's.

What are some specific things they are teaching us to do that YOU take issue with?

XEmilyX
captain of 1,000

Post by XEmilyX »

Follow me. Amen.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

Being There wrote: May 25th, 2022, 8:25 am
Being There wrote: May 25th, 2022, 8:07 am
Being There wrote: May 25th, 2022, 7:20 am
HereWeGo wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 8:39 pm It is sad that this thread has been derailed.
so lets un - derail it.

OP - Prophets - Why the Push to Follow the Prophet?

so lets talk about following the prophet.

As I once had said to someone else -
when they said -
""Our job is to follow the Prophet"

Our job is to follow the Prophet !
good luck with that, because the prophet didn't die for you,
Jesus did, for you, and for the prophet.
And "we haven't had great big REVELATIONS of the sort to add a section to the D&C"as you say,
because the church is not receiving revelation.

you've been deceived my friend, like many members, and can't see beyond the prophet.
The prophet is just a man, and only a man.
Jesus Christ is God the father.
it's like comparing a grain of sand to the Sun.

It's everyone's job to follow Jesus Christ - and have a relationship with Him - and have His spirit with them.
not the prophet - trusting in the "arm of flesh."

I've heard too many members just say, "I follow the prophet".
What does that really mean anyway?
They think that if they follow the prophet, they're saved some how ?,
like saying - "I'm good, I'm fine now, I don't need to do anything else."

Isn't it about time we stop living on borrowed light
If you follow the prophet or the GA's of the church
expecting to be saved, you will be lost.
You can not follow someone into heaven.

Following the prophet can't save you.

Following the prophet, is not following the Lord.
A prophet is still a man, and not the Lord.
All our focus, faith, trust and hope should be in Jesus Christ - our Savior and NOT in ANY MAN.
Why don't they say - I will follow the lord, and have Him as my guide,
have "His spirit to be with me".
To be saved, there is no middle man, except Christ.

"I am the way, the truth, and the life:
no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
John 14:6

Feast upon the words of Christ.
We need to put our faith in Christ
It's CHRIST'S gospel and we need to look to him
and have his spirit with us to guide and direct us.
He's the one that died for us and the ONLY one that can save us.

"And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ,
we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ,
and we write according to our prophecies,
that our children may know to what source
they may look for a remission of their sins."
2 Nephi 25:26

"Wherefore, ye must press forward
with a steadfastness in Christ,
having a perfect brightness of hope,
and a love of God and of all men.
Wherefore, if ye shall press forward,
feasting upon the word of Christ,
and endure to the end, behold,
thus saith the Father:
Ye shall have eternal life."
2 Nephi 31:20
Going to church is not what's going to save you anyway;
(especially not one that has "unite themselves to that great and abominable church of the devil".)
where you need to be "good global citizens" and wear a mask to enter Babylon and join other members in satan's plan.

Who even cares about what the church does and what the Q15 do or what they say.
I see so many posts and comments about what the church is doing -
going back to church - conference. - about going to the temple. WHO CARES.
I mean, come on.
why would anyone even want to be involved with the church, knowing that it has become corrupt
and fallen into apostasy and "united themselves to that great and abominable church of the devil".
Knowing that - to be a good member - you need to become a "good global citizen",
where you become a member of Babylon - involved and participating in all the evil plans of the NWO.
ANYONE can go to church !

you don't need the church to come to the Lord.

YOU ARE NOT SAVED JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE A MEMBER
AND YOU GO TO CHURCH.
Those who think they are righteous and are saved just by
attending their church meetings and even the temple,
church callings, etc. and think they've done their spiritual duty
for the week, will be cast out and burned with the tares.

And those who humble themselves daily, with a
Broken Heart and Contrite Spirit, on their knees repenting of their sins,
continually seeking the Lords face in prayer, asking the
Lord for his spirit to be with them always, to guide there lives,
to enlighten their minds and teach them all things of his gospel,
Taking upon you the name of Christ.
Servants of Christ - doing the things He (Christ) did,
loving, teaching, helping and forgiving others.
This is the gospel of Jesus Christ, not just attending church.
Spiritually is not an outwardly thing you do once a week
by going to church.

Anyone can go to church

It's one thing to say "I Love You"
but it's entirely another to demonstrate that
love, showing continually, unconditionally,
in many ways your unwavering love for that person.

It's one thing going to church, but it's entirely another
thing to accept and to live The Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Is going to church in itself spirituality ? no.
The very act of going to church won't save anyone.
Anyone can go to church.
I guarantee you that church attendance records
are not kept in heaven.
Just like I believe that just because you get married in the temple
doesn't mean you will be together forever, if you have a terrible
relationship with your spouse that has flustered and died away,
but because they got married in the temple, do you really
think they would be together or should be together ? I don't.

Too many members go to church like they go to the gym.
They go, they've done their (spiritual) duty
for the week and feel good about it.
Going to church doesn't make you closer to God. (unless)
it changes your life ! And it shows in your life by your fruits.
Again - going to church is like going to college.
You can go for years, and learn a lot but that won't get you
anywhere with your career unless you take what you've learned
and go out and apply it, in our lives and in the lives of others.
For many - The Gospel of Jesus Christ is like - a man was given an
expensive car to go on an extravagant vacation to a beautiful place,
but he didn't want to work, to get money for gas so he could go there.
Are you working to put gas in your car ? Not just by going to church,
but doing what He (Christ) did.

"Therefore, what manner of men ought ye to be?
Verily I say unto you, even as I am."
3 Nephi 27:27

"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

"so faith without works is dead"
"I will shew thee my faith by my works"
James 2

Jesus said
"But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant."

Mosiah Chapter 2:17
"And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom;
that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of
your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."

Matthew 25:40

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren,
ye have done it unto me.

It's there, Christ is at the door but we have to
open the door and fully accept him and do the things he did.
He will be in us, and work through us to do his work.

you will have a hard time in Zion where even an unkind thought will be reason to ask you to leave . . .let alone an unkind speech

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Read this gem today…,
“But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone“
Romans 9:31-32

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Don't you guys see that RoboTrolls cannot be subdued with truth? Any feeding results in an expanded wavefront of feigned misunderstanding and distracting questions aimed to drain you. The only way to win is to not engage them.

All engagement with RoboTrolls is analogous to a release of diarrhea into a swimming pool. RoboTrolls want LDSFF to be a murky mess. Don't press the "poop now" button by responding to them.