Moved to Florida

Tell us about yourself...
Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Moved to Florida

Post by Lexew1899 »

Although I’ve been on this forum for a long time, I just moved to Florida. I work in the Orlando area. Any members out in my neck of the woods?

HisWrathSoon
captain of 100

Re: Moved to Florida

Post by HisWrathSoon »

Why Florida? A very unsafe place to move to.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Cool! I can't think of anyone who said they live in Florida, but a lot of people don't specify where they live. I hope you find some of us there.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Lexew1899 wrote: September 6th, 2021, 5:07 pm Although I’ve been on this forum for a long time, I just moved to Florida. I work in the Orlando area. Any members out in my neck of the woods?
Once upon a time, I unexpectedly visited there, soon after wishing to tour the Deseret Ranch. It ‘‘twas soon after the Who were you expecting type thread appeared in this very sub-forum.

Anyway you should surely pay it a visit the first chance you get. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=civzfZ_3uVc is what my clipboard contained when I decided to make a new intro type thread too, having made another long distance type move from the smallest warmest to the biggest coldest place that may be called the United States, even though the warmest smallest wasn’t a state at all.

Light Seeker
captain of 100

Post by Light Seeker »

Our family moved to Orlando recently as well. We would love to get together with likeminded people.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Welcome to the forum, Light Seeker.
Do you have an interest in alt-energy or preparedness? just curious.

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

Welcome. Alabama borders FL, so it's closer than Utah....

Light Seeker
captain of 100

Post by Light Seeker »

BroJones wrote: March 9th, 2022, 7:08 am Welcome to the forum, Light Seeker.
Do you have an interest in alt-energy or preparedness? just curious.
Thank you . Yes , we are very much into preparedness of any type and food storage.

Light Seeker
captain of 100

Post by Light Seeker »

mudflap wrote: March 9th, 2022, 10:01 am Welcome. Alabama borders FL, so it's closer than Utah....
On our trip driving east through your beautiful state we learned a couple of things that will forever effect us.

Roll Tide !

and

Buc-ee's

Yes, it is much closer than Utah. Good to know there are good people there.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Ah, Florida. Yes, I think it is a gem. The highest elevation in the state is something like 392 feet. Flat as a board. Or actually flatter than most boards.

A fisherman's or boater's paradise.

I first visited Miami Beach about 1959 and was last there to visit my father living there on the gulf side in about 2007 or 8 when he turned 90.

I enjoy watching Darcizzle Offshore. If I were a fisherman I would love to have a house on a canal or waterway, with a boat dock at the back and a nice fishing boat. And to be able to go out fishing every day of the year, like Darcizzle does.

But I'm more of a mountain adventurer, so Utah does it for me.
dc

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

David13 wrote: March 9th, 2022, 10:58 pm Ah, Florida. Yes, I think it is a gem. The highest elevation in the state is something like 392 feet. Flat as a board. Or actually flatter than most boards.
I think that's the issue. A lot of buildings are going to sink and it is in danger from a major tsunami.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Niemand wrote: March 10th, 2022, 6:02 am
David13 wrote: March 9th, 2022, 10:58 pm Ah, Florida. Yes, I think it is a gem. The highest elevation in the state is something like 392 feet. Flat as a board. Or actually flatter than most boards.
I think that's the issue. A lot of buildings are going to sink and it is in danger from a major tsunami.
I doubt it. Hasn't happened yet. And it's been a long time.

Obviously many, and many more each day, an op are willing to take the chance.

Did you watch Darcizzle? Try it you might like it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMf3Pi ... 1lWhZF6fTQ
dc

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

I’ll take my chances with the sea level. Probably not going to stay here long term. Subtropical climates are too hot for me. I like to have actual seasons. But probably be here for a few more years at least.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Lexew1899 wrote: March 10th, 2022, 9:23 am I’ll take my chances with the sea level. Probably not going to stay here long term. Subtropical climates are too hot for me. I like to have actual seasons. But probably be here for a few more years at least.
I know what you mean.

I’ve appreciated many of your posts & am glad you’re on the forum.

Spoiler
Some family lives in southern FL - moved there a few years ago right before a hurricane. Felt led. We each get spiritual calls unique for us.

Btw, did you used to be “markbasker”?

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

seems like all the FL rednecks live in the pan handle of FL....

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

Thinker wrote: April 21st, 2022, 1:51 pm
Lexew1899 wrote: March 10th, 2022, 9:23 am I’ll take my chances with the sea level. Probably not going to stay here long term. Subtropical climates are too hot for me. I like to have actual seasons. But probably be here for a few more years at least.
I know what you mean.

I’ve appreciated many of your posts & am glad you’re on the forum.

Spoiler
Some family lives in southern FL - moved there a few years ago right before a hurricane. Felt led. We each get spiritual calls unique for us.

Btw, did you used to be “markbasker”?
Yes, changed my name because current employer apparently scans socials for posts. You can probably guess what company it is.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Lexew1899 wrote: April 21st, 2022, 3:16 pm... You can probably guess what company it is.
A cultish mall-loving corp?

Teancum
captain of 100

Post by Teancum »

Thinker wrote: April 21st, 2022, 4:24 pm
Lexew1899 wrote: April 21st, 2022, 3:16 pm... You can probably guess what company it is.
A cultish mall-loving corp?
Probably one that just lost its tax incentives.