TBM - "when they realize the evil they defended ....

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Re: TBM - "when they realize the evil they defended ....

Post by EvanLM »

ransomme wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 6:18 pm
EvanLM wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 1:57 pm
ransomme wrote: April 21st, 2022, 2:52 am
Subcomandante wrote: April 18th, 2022, 5:50 pm
Responding to your (RW's) essay:

Part 1: The Church does not teach to follow the prophet as an exclusionary device but more like follow the prophet because He follows Christ. You follow both. Not one at the expense of the other.

Part 2: What was to become the saving ordinances was not yet finalized when the Wentworth letter was made. This was 1842. Nauvoo's temple was still under construction at the time.

Part 3: Everyone, poor or rich, has been asked to sacrifice their part to building up the Kingdom of God. Jesus appreciated the widow's mite more than many that donated weeks or months' loads of salary because she had given to Jesus everything.

Part 4: The Church does this part quite a bit in the local arena as well as global. It also looks to the future with anticipation because unlike many people on this board, it is quite obvious that the Lord requires a good effort from everyone. Zion's not going to come down like Tinker Bell pixie dust. It will require our consecrated efforts to bring that to pass. The 150 billion dollars is still a proverbial drop in the bucket compared to what Zion will cost in time, effort, and money.

Part 5: There is ample evidence that Joseph Smith did practice polygamy and was sealed to various women. That is a matter of public record. The Book of Mormon did not completely condemn polygamy, but did give one reason why polygamy would be permitted: To raise up seed to the Lord. This is a matter of fact in multiple dispensations. Once the amount of seed has gotten up to a critical mass, then polygamy would no longer be needed, and that's essentially what happened with the modern day Church.

Part 6: You act as if this was the only way. The rest of the post under 6 reads like something I would find out of "The Mormon Worker." No one can be forced into riches. But they can be taught how to work and find marketable skills in order not to be poor any longer. The Church through its self reliance education does its best to fulfill that scripture that there will be no more poor among us. Instead of lamenting and complaining, they take action.

7. That's not like the testimony meetings that I see in my ward, or in several other wards that I have seen. Now, given, where I do see an example like that marked in blue, I see that more often up and down the 15 corridor north of Vegas and south of the Montana border. Outside that, pretty much every testimony meeting I have seen is that which you describe in red.

8. The Church is in NO position to condemn and attack the secret combinations; it is nowhere near strong enough to stand on its own with the world combined against them. Any foolhardy attempt to copy a Captain Moroni style of attack would be met with stiff resistance and humiliating defeat. The best we can hope for today is a Gidgiddoni situation, not making everything public for all to hear, but quietly telling the members what they need to do for the rainy days ahead. And simply, NOT TO PARTICIPATE personally with the secret combos. That will starve them out, little by little. But this will require us uniting with people of other faiths who think similarly about what is going on, which is what the Church is doing here, smartly, intelligently, not rashly.

9. Most pharmaceutical drugs come from herbs. People have known that herbs have distinct medicinal properties, so you have people experienced in organic chemistry that find out how come two very different herbs have similar medicinal properties, and they isolate the chemicals from those herbs to form the pharmaceutical drugs we have today.
Vaccines? Not too much different. Some wise doctor figured out that if you were to give the body a weakened form of a bacteria or a virus, the immune system would be in a much better position to combat it, so that if the real form of the virus or bacteria attacked, the immune system would recognize the threat and stamp it out before it could get a person sick.

Keep in mind that Joseph Smith was very traumatized with the medicine that he received; going through a painful surgery as a young boy and watching his brother get sick and die from a type of medicine that contained mercury, a very poisonous chemical to ingest. Brigham Young, closely acquainted with Joseph Smith, undoubtedly had this in mind when he counseled the Saints these same things, but upon seeing the medical profession becoming full of "gentiles," he wisely sent elders east to learn of medicine and to bring these things back to Utah. Did Brigham fall? No. He learned, and he swallowed his pride.

10. The temples, though beautiful to look on, I could hardly describe as ornate, when comparing to other buildings that I have seen that are quite important in other faiths. Ever seen the national mosques under Islam? Let's not even go to Makkah or Madinah, let's go to Abu Dhabi (picture attached). There's not a single building owned by the Church that even comes to a hundredth of the ornateness or beauty of the Abu Dhabi mosque. Have you seen the cathedrals described as "National Cathedrals" in the different countries of the world under Catholicism or Orthodoxy? Or even those buildings described as local cathedrals. There is a ton more gold inside of the Basilica of Ocotlan in my local city of Tlaxcala, than there is in the Mexico City Temple. And the Basilica of Ocotlan isn't even the most important church in the city of Tlaxcala, population 100k! You do exaggerate much in that part. Perhaps because you are not well-traveled.

11. Different situation, that exhibited in the Book of Mormon versus now. The Book of Mormon you only see two countries. Now we have two hundred, each one with differing definitions on things like rights and freedoms.

12. I'll give you that one, albeit the Book of Mormon referenced the Lamanites who in this dispensation were NEVER prohibited from holding the priesthood. The Africans however were under a different set of restrictions that were employed from the Old Testament of the Bible.

13. Blood Atonement was taught by Brigham, however not taught afterwards, and is condemned by today's Church.

14. Not everyone can handle wine. Not everyone can handle bread either. The Church makes adjustments for both. It would be very interesting to try to impose the wine requirement on those that live in the Muslim countries in the Middle East where wine or any alcohol for that matter is strictly forbidden Good thing the Lord saw that coming.

15. Local meetings continue to be conducted under the Spirit. The General Authorities give their general conference messages under the conduct of the Spirit, preparing anywhere from a few hours to a full six months for their talks.

16. No one denies the gift of prophesy but it must be had in the sphere of influence of the person that is prophesying. No one outside of the FP and Q12 can prophesy to the entire Church and make it binding on the Church to follow. You could have someone from outside the hierarchy come, with the hierarchy's blessing (think Samuel the Lamanite in this case, or Balaam's case in the Old Testament when he refused to curse Israel), but it must come with their blessing. Occasionally you will get an Abinadi moment where someone from outside of the hierarchy comes, but that must be because all the hierarchy has been corrupted, selected by wicked men. We have no evidence of that in the Church today that any one of the 15 (much less all of them) are as the priests of King Noah.

17. This is now done for administrative purposes. But it's not the 12, 14, or 16 year old's fault that they haven't received these types of manifestations. You could have someone the age of a baby receive the manifestation. It all depends on how the work is done at home.

18. The Gospel will be taken from the Gentiles for their consistent insolence and their inability to obey the Gospel because it contradicts their political or social views. Maybe ten years ago, I would have guessed that those called Progmos would be the guys to do it (fall away). But there are many rock-solid members that are falling away too over many trivialities and a lack of proper understanding. If you go down to Latin America, or read the accounts of the Church in Spanish, virtually everyone is following the counsel of the leaders of the Church, with very few dissentions. North of the border, that is a very different story. You just had a Latino and an Asian get called as Apostles, and more and more people from different groups are being called to be General Authorities. The Church is starting to be handed over towards those of Israel as the Americans and Europeans start dwindling in unbelief, just as the scriptures foretold!

19. The Kingdom of God is on the earth today, though not in its fullness. That will come in the Millennium on the Earth.

20. If what you say is true, how come the leaders are constantly calling the members to repentance? How come the members willfully rebel against the Lord when an apostle reminds people about the Plan of Salvation?

To answer your final questions:

The Gentiles are those that came over from the European nations, both members and non-members. Their lot is cast in a bad way unless they repent.

You are not rejected from a chapel for being poor. You will be rejected if you don't follow local health protocols like the wearing of a mask or in countries where they require it, a vaccination certificate. That's not on the Church, however, but on the governments enforcing those regulations.
1. Saying "at the exclusion of" is an overstatement (too extreme in a strawman way). They definitely heavily teach/promote "follow the prophet" and I hear it echoed in the thoughts of many members from different countries (as a sample we have members from at least 27 different countries in my ward). Even to the point "that they were depending on the Prophet, hence were darkened in their minds, in consequence of neglecting the duties devolving upon themselves...” (TPJS p. 238). In other words, they rely to much on following the Prophet rather than developing their own spiritual muscles by seeking Him, trying to hear Him, etc. And stating that they can't lead astray is false doctrine.

2. Who finalizes them? Weren't they finalized back at the foundation of the world? The point was how those things are taught in the BoM vs the change with all of its implications, especially by adding "first". Few things are taught more clearly and consistently as:
"…I must speak concerning the doctrine of Christ;...
Wherefore, do the things which I have told you I have seen that your Lord and your Redeemer should do; for, for this cause have they been shown unto me, that ye might know the gate by which ye should enter. For the gate by which ye should enter is repentance and baptism by water; and then cometh a remission of your sins by fire and by the Holy Ghost.
And now, my beloved brethren, after ye have gotten into this strait and narrow path, I would ask if all is done? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; for ye have not come thus far save it were by the word of Christ with unshaken faith in him, relying wholly upon the merits of him who is mighty to save.
Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:2,17,19,20

3. That is inaccurate, see the tithing thread. Anyhow the widow's mite was really about her heart vs the rich man's heart, and not about everyone has to pay. About their attitudes toward consecration. Then how the stewards use the donations is another ball of wax.

4. Completely wrong, temporally minded. God doesn't need money. What God requires are a broken heart and a contrite spirit. The Gentiles (including the CoJCoLDS) for the greater part will reject the fullness of the Gospel, which is why the Remnant of Jacob will lead the building of New Jerusalem. Also, Zion is not found in buildings, it is found in hearts and minds (broken hears and contrite spirits).

5. Look again. Joseph did not have multiple carnal wives. Joseph and Hyrum up until their deaths worked and spoke out against polygamy.
""A few years ago [May 1869 to April 1870] I obtained the affidavits of as many as I knew of, with a few exceptions, who received personal instructions or commandment from The Prophet respecting the Subject of celestial marriage [,] all of which are filed away in the H.O. [Historian’s Office]…. When the subject first came before my mind I must say I was astonished at the scarcity of evidence, I might say almost total absence of direct evidence upon the Subject, as connected with the Prophet Joseph himself. There was nothing written and but few living who were personally knowing to the fact that Joseph Taught the principle. True much had been written in support of the Doctrine, bearing upon scriptural-and rational evidences, but not a word, except the Revelation itself. Showing that the The Prophet was the Author-under God…."" (Joseph Smith’s Polygamy, Volume 1: History, Brian C. Hales, p. 9

Not a surprise seeing as how all the "evidence" came from 2nd or 3rd or more hands after Joseph's death and separated in time by up to decades from Joseph.

6. It is the only way in a sense. That is an attribute of Zion, "no poor among them" (Moses 7)

7. It's not about the 15-corridor culture, it is about what is taught from the pulpit by the 15.

8. The Church doesn't need to fight SC's, it's members do. It's hard for members to fight the good fight if the Church is supporting and promoting a number of them.

9. No most pharmaceutical drugs do not come from herbs. What they do is try to come up with synthetic versions so they can patent them.
Vaccines are an interesting concept, but they aren't as effective as they are promoted to be, and they have more adverse effects than are attributed to them.
Saying that BY swallowed his Pride is kinda funny. BY was the epitome of pride and self aggrandizment.

10. Our sanctuaries are indeed very fine, who are you kidding? Besides saying that there are more fine structures is a matter of degree, it's also a Red Herring fallacy.

11. The promised land is a land of liberty for a reason. Teaching a yielding to the enticings of incorrect principles is unbecoming and wrong. You know life is not about being comfortable it should be about the truth: finding it and teaching it. Seek ye first the kingdom of God.

12. Wrong again. You do not understand what darkness means, what God is Love is, what the land of Canaan was and how that is different than Ham's son Canaan, what Cain's, Lamech's and others' curse was, what Cain's mark was, and more.

13. Condemned? Do we have any signs of it being truly condemned? I question this, because that would mean that a prophet can lead us astray.

14. Your arguments here are mostly pointless. Grape juice is wine. New wine is from pressed grapes prior to fermentation. But that's neither here nor there really. The point is the ordinance and not water vs wine or bread vs rice cakes. Personally, I think the sacramental bread should be unleavened just as it was at the Last Supper.

15. There is a difference between prepared words (not that it is always wrong to prepare) and "take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost." (Mark 3:11)

16. He didn't say that others can or should prophesy for the entire Church. The point was that if one receives prophecy the test should not be whether it differs from the words of the current 15. For instance, on multiple occasions, my family and many that I know received clear personal revelation not to take the experimental COVID-19 vaccine despite that going against what the 15 taught on the matter. Were we wrong? Or Is it just because the 15 didn't say that one had to take it but only called it a "godsend" and 'strongly urged' us to take it that this situation doesn't qualify?

17. His argument is that it shouldn't be systematic.

18. Gong is of Asian descent but he is American. And you know it was kind of funny that just the other day my German/Swiss friend made a comment about how American Urchdorf is after living there and being in the 15 for quite a while now. Anyhow it is not isolated to N.A.

19. Actually it will come before the millennium when New Jerusalem is built during the time of tribulation. Just saying.
not sure what 4 means BUT zion will be physically and spiritually built on this the american continent . . . that crap about doing it in your home or the temple or whatever doesn't follow the pattern of a whole city being translated including wicked converts . . . wasn't just one family . . wasn't just temple worshippers . . . they were taught and led by a prophet to build Zion . . . when I read the scriptures . . then . . the Zion that keeps getting pushed by the "brethren" and in this post just do not intellectually match the pattern . . in other words, makes no sense . . .

the purpose of Zion is to provide salvation for large groups of people not just a select family or group . . .sorry . . . God is usually NOT inefficient . . and his true servants are usually not inefficient . . . Enos could have saved his own family if that was the true pattern of Zion . . . ir just himself . . . cuz he had a Zion heart. . . but . . .the true pattern is for 100s to be saved . . . the whole city was translated . . .

sorry . . . again, the kindergarten, less, miraculous approach I see suggested here . . .

and, I think that anyone can certainly build Zion in their heart but . . . there is no evidence in the scriptures that God just saw someone's Zion heart and translated them . . . vs a whole city . . .
there is certainly more to it than just the heart . . .maybe a covenant
Yes there are physical locations for Zion as well. The city of Enoch was called Zion. I think The city of Salem under Melchizedek became a Zion. And in the Endtime when New Jerusalem is built, it is to be Zion as well.

The point that I was making of God doesn't need a Church to amass 100 billion plus in funds in today's dollars to build it. Which is a reason the guy I was answering gave for the LDS hoard of wealth. Besides that money is pretty much all digital zeros and ones. Do people think that after tribulations that digital money is going to be there??? 🤣😂🤣

Also I was making the point that a people in a place Ina community become Zion through attaining a certain spiritual level. That's what really qualifies a people/place/community. Zion is based on and achieved through faith and righteousness.

"great was the glory of the Lord, which was upon his people. And the Lord blessed the land, and they were blessed upon the mountains, and upon the high places, and did flourish.

And the Lord called his people Zion, because they were of one heart and one mind, and dwelt in righteousness; and there was no poor among them.

And Enoch continued his preaching in righteousness unto the people of God. And it came to pass in his days, that he built a city that was called the City of Holiness, even Zion."
(Moses 7:17-19)

JST
Gen 14:26 Now Melchizedek was a man of faith, who wrought righteousness; and when a child, he feared God, and stopped the mouths of lions, and quenched the violence of fire.

Gen 14:27 And thus, having been approved of God, he was ordained a high priest after the order of the covenant which God made with Enoch,

Gen 14:28 It being after the order of the Son of God, which order came not by man, nor the will of man, neither by father nor mother, neither by beginning of days nor end of years, but of God.

Gen 14:29 And it was delivered unto men by the calling of his own voice, according to his own will, unto as many as believed on his name--

Gen 14:30 For God, having sworn unto Enoch and unto his seed with an oath by himself that everyone being ordained after this order and calling should have power, by faith, to break mountains, to divide the seas, to dry up waters, to turn them out of their course,

Gen 14:31 To put at defiance the armies of nations, to divide the earth, to break every band, to stand in the presence of God, to do all things according to his will, according to his command, subdue principalities and powers; and this by the will of the Son of God which was from before the foundation of the world.

Gen 14:32 And men having this faith, coming up unto this order of God, were translated and taken up into heaven.

Gen 14:33 And now, Melchizedek was a priest of this order; therefore, he obtained peace in Salem and was called the prince of peace.

Gen 14:34 And his people wrought righteousness, and obtained heaven, and sought for the city of Enoch which God had before taken, separating it from the earth, having reserved it unto the latter days, or the end of the world,

Gen 14:35 And hath said, and sworn with an oath, that the heavens and the earth should come together and the sons of God should be tried so as by fire.

Gen 14:36 And this Melchizedek, having thus established righteousness, was called the king of heaven by his people, or, in other words, the king of peace.

Gen 14:37 And he lifted up his voice, and he blessed Abram, being the high priest and the keeper of the storehouse of God,

Gen 14:38 Him whom God had appointed to receive tithes for the poor.
right on . . in addition to answer a previous question from someone on a post . . . Moses and Enoch were called from among their people . . . if we are to assume people meaning COJCLDS boundaries, then . . . the marred servant can come from anywhere in the world . . . .where the church is . . .or a worthy priesthood holder is . . .

this servant, like moses and enoch . . gather their people together . . . for SAFETY . . . while the tribulations become increasingly worse . . . .

and the servant is supposed to be raised up from Jerusalem, I think . . . well, with intermarrying and spreading of all peoples that could be anybody . . . or a literal Jew, maybe, . . . House of Israel guy . . . .

but those followers of Christ will know him . . .it is in the endowment . . . peter, james and john represent servants . . they are NOT the ONLY servants . . . they just represent servants . . . in this parable that is used to teach of the plan . . .

we are unable to tell by the endowment when this will happen since time is rather difficult as the plan of salvation is revealed in the endowment . . .

however, it tells us there will be a servant or servants(3) . . .and then more, of course . . .since adam and eve represent us in this parable (actually just Adam does-but for political purposes I'll state it this way) . . then we see that they have finally found the servants . . . and we see how we will know them . . . whether we are the house of Israel or gentiles . . .

my brother was called to jewish communities in pennsylvania in the 70s . . . as a missionary . . . he was told by the mayor of tel aviv, at that time . . .and by others that they have . . the temple plans, the temple endowment . . . have memorized the temple endowment, the initiatory, baptism, etc. . . even though they only know that they cannot use it now and they will be told when it will be used . . . . . .

when asked who will tell them to build the temple . . they claim a man . . . a prophet will tell them . . . since they do not believe in a prophet anymore then they accept that the restoration of their keys will be imminent . . . the claim that the dimensions and parts are in the scrolls of Moses that are unavailable to the public . . .

can't remember what that mormon jew is named that used to make tapes of jewish stuff related to LDS stuff, . . .anyway, that guy who did those tapes . . claims that they have the temple garments, robes, priesthood pack, etc. . . . they are just waiting . ..

I just want to tell you may reference to these things . . ok?

now let me make a comment . . . the Lord is always 10 steps ahead of satan . . or even more . . . he had the land in Jerusalem dedicated years ago . . .he had the land in Jackson county dedicated years ago . . . he put the whole plan into our scriptures . . . remember those prophets that saw the beginning to the end . . . they saw it and recorded it . . . that's why they make that comment . . beginning to end . . .

he protected the words of his and prophets that he wants us to have. . . . he is not deterred by any man on this earth and especially not satan . . .even prophets that are off track . . .or a church of people that are off track . . . he is the great creator . . .he is the great god of the old testament that divided the waters and supported the armies of Israel with his angels . . he is the god of this world and his plan and all of his words will be fulfilled to the letter . . . .

those of you who have chosen to take this god as their lead will see miracles that they never thought possible . . . many of us will NOT walk through divided seas BUT we will walk through fires . . most likely from bombs and will come out unscathed . . we will also, through our faith, bring others with us through those fires that God has asked us to bring . . .

the scriptures are all there even if some men or prophets or priesthood holders or leaders or moms or dads, or children . . . fail in this day . . . you cannot fail as long as you follow the right guide . . . .

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

as I've said elsewhere.

The church is led by a false prophet -
leading thousands of members away from the Lord;
and many, even to their death.

His example alone - asking his followers to be "GOOD GLOBAL CITIZENS"
and follow him and join with those World leaders - who he follows - and who serve satan -
speaks for itself.

"WE HAVE PRAYED FOR THIS LITERAL GODSEND.
RECEIVING THE VACCINE IS PART OF OUR PERSONAL EFFORTS TO BE
GOOD GLOBAL CITIZENS"

RMN

what a phony

Moron's - following their leader and doing as they're told -
"do as you've been told - it's for your own good"

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

Subcomandante wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 6:55 pm
ransomme wrote: April 21st, 2022, 2:52 am
1. Saying "at the exclusion of" is an overstatement (too extreme in a strawman way). They definitely heavily teach/promote "follow the prophet" and I hear it echoed in the thoughts of many members from different countries (as a sample we have members from at least 27 different countries in my ward). Even to the point "that they were depending on the Prophet, hence were darkened in their minds, in consequence of neglecting the duties devolving upon themselves...” (TPJS p. 238). In other words, they rely to much on following the Prophet rather than developing their own spiritual muscles by seeking Him, trying to hear Him, etc. And stating that they can't lead astray is false doctrine.

2. Who finalizes them? Weren't they finalized back at the foundation of the world? The point was how those things are taught in the BoM vs the change with all of its implications, especially by adding "first". Few things are taught more clearly and consistently as:
"…I must speak concerning the doctrine of Christ;...
Wherefore, do the things which I have told you I have seen that your Lord and your Redeemer should do; for, for this cause have they been shown unto me, that ye might know the gate by which ye should enter. For the gate by which ye should enter is repentance and baptism by water; and then cometh a remission of your sins by fire and by the Holy Ghost.
And now, my beloved brethren, after ye have gotten into this strait and narrow path, I would ask if all is done? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; for ye have not come thus far save it were by the word of Christ with unshaken faith in him, relying wholly upon the merits of him who is mighty to save.
Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:2,17,19,20

3. That is inaccurate, see the tithing thread. Anyhow the widow's mite was really about her heart vs the rich man's heart, and not about everyone has to pay. About their attitudes toward consecration. Then how the stewards use the donations is another ball of wax.

4. Completely wrong, temporally minded. God doesn't need money. What God requires are a broken heart and a contrite spirit. The Gentiles (including the CoJCoLDS) for the greater part will reject the fullness of the Gospel, which is why the Remnant of Jacob will lead the building of New Jerusalem. Also, Zion is not found in buildings, it is found in hearts and minds (broken hears and contrite spirits).

5. Look again. Joseph did not have multiple carnal wives. Joseph and Hyrum up until their deaths worked and spoke out against polygamy.
""A few years ago [May 1869 to April 1870] I obtained the affidavits of as many as I knew of, with a few exceptions, who received personal instructions or commandment from The Prophet respecting the Subject of celestial marriage [,] all of which are filed away in the H.O. [Historian’s Office]…. When the subject first came before my mind I must say I was astonished at the scarcity of evidence, I might say almost total absence of direct evidence upon the Subject, as connected with the Prophet Joseph himself. There was nothing written and but few living who were personally knowing to the fact that Joseph Taught the principle. True much had been written in support of the Doctrine, bearing upon scriptural-and rational evidences, but not a word, except the Revelation itself. Showing that the The Prophet was the Author-under God…."" (Joseph Smith’s Polygamy, Volume 1: History, Brian C. Hales, p. 9

Not a surprise seeing as how all the "evidence" came from 2nd or 3rd or more hands after Joseph's death and separated in time by up to decades from Joseph.

6. It is the only way in a sense. That is an attribute of Zion, "no poor among them" (Moses 7)

7. It's not about the 15-corridor culture, it is about what is taught from the pulpit by the 15.

8. The Church doesn't need to fight SC's, it's members do. It's hard for members to fight the good fight if the Church is supporting and promoting a number of them.

9. No most pharmaceutical drugs do not come from herbs. What they do is try to come up with synthetic versions so they can patent them.
Vaccines are an interesting concept, but they aren't as effective as they are promoted to be, and they have more adverse effects than are attributed to them.
Saying that BY swallowed his Pride is kinda funny. BY was the epitome of pride and self aggrandizment.

10. Our sanctuaries are indeed very fine, who are you kidding? Besides saying that there are more fine structures is a matter of degree, it's also a Red Herring fallacy.

11. The promised land is a land of liberty for a reason. Teaching a yielding to the enticings of incorrect principles is unbecoming and wrong. You know life is not about being comfortable it should be about the truth: finding it and teaching it. Seek ye first the kingdom of God.

12. Wrong again. You do not understand what darkness means, what God is Love is, what the land of Canaan was and how that is different than Ham's son Canaan, what Cain's, Lamech's and others' curse was, what Cain's mark was, and more.

13. Condemned? Do we have any signs of it being truly condemned? I question this, because that would mean that a prophet can lead us astray.

14. Your arguments here are mostly pointless. Grape juice is wine. New wine is from pressed grapes prior to fermentation. But that's neither here nor there really. The point is the ordinance and not water vs wine or bread vs rice cakes. Personally, I think the sacramental bread should be unleavened just as it was at the Last Supper.

15. There is a difference between prepared words (not that it is always wrong to prepare) and "take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost." (Mark 3:11)

16. He didn't say that others can or should prophesy for the entire Church. The point was that if one receives prophecy the test should not be whether it differs from the words of the current 15. For instance, on multiple occasions, my family and many that I know received clear personal revelation not to take the experimental COVID-19 vaccine despite that going against what the 15 taught on the matter. Were we wrong? Or Is it just because the 15 didn't say that one had to take it but only called it a "godsend" and 'strongly urged' us to take it that this situation doesn't qualify?

17. His argument is that it shouldn't be systematic.

18. Gong is of Asian descent but he is American. And you know it was kind of funny that just the other day my German/Swiss friend made a comment about how American Urchdorf is after living there and being in the 15 for quite a while now. Anyhow it is not isolated to N.A.

19. Actually it will come before the millennium when New Jerusalem is built during the time of tribulation. Just saying.
not sure what 4 means BUT zion will be physically and spiritually built on this the american continent . . . that crap about doing it in your home or the temple or whatever doesn't follow the pattern of a whole city being translated including wicked converts . . . wasn't just one family . . wasn't just temple worshippers . . . they were taught and led by a prophet to build Zion . . . when I read the scriptures . . then . . the Zion that keeps getting pushed by the "brethren" and in this post just do not intellectually match the pattern . . in other words, makes no sense . . .

the purpose of Zion is to provide salvation for large groups of people not just a select family or group . . .sorry . . . God is usually NOT inefficient . . and his true servants are usually not inefficient . . . Enos could have saved his own family if that was the true pattern of Zion . . . ir just himself . . . cuz he had a Zion heart. . . but . . .the true pattern is for 100s to be saved . . . the whole city was translated . . .

sorry . . . again, the kindergarten, less, miraculous approach I see suggested here . . .

and, I think that anyone can certainly build Zion in their heart but . . . there is no evidence in the scriptures that God just saw someone's Zion heart and translated them . . . vs a whole city . . .
Yes there are physical locations for Zion as well. The city of Enoch was called Zion. I think The city of Salem under Melchizedek became a Zion. And in the Endtime when New Jerusalem is built, it is to be Zion as well.

The point that I was making of God doesn't need a Church to amass 100 billion plus in funds in today's dollars to build it. Which is a reason the guy I was answering gave for the LDS hoard of wealth. Besides that money is pretty much all digital zeros and ones. Do people think that after tribulations that digital money is going to be there??? 🤣😂🤣

Also I was making the point that a people in a place Ina community become Zion through attaining a certain spiritual level. That's what really qualifies a people/place/community. Zion is based on and achieved through faith and righteousness.

"great was the glory of the Lord, which was upon his people. And the Lord blessed the land, and they were blessed upon the mountains, and upon the high places, and did flourish.

And the Lord called his people Zion, because they were of one heart and one mind, and dwelt in righteousness; and there was no poor among them.

And Enoch continued his preaching in righteousness unto the people of God. And it came to pass in his days, that he built a city that was called the City of Holiness, even Zion."

JST
Gen 14:26 Now Melchizedek was a man of faith, who wrought righteousness; and when a child, he feared God, and stopped the mouths of lions, and quenched the violence of fire.

Gen 14:27 And thus, having been approved of God, he was ordained a high priest after the order of the covenant which God made with Enoch,

Gen 14:28 It being after the order of the Son of God, which order came not by man, nor the will of man, neither by father nor mother, neither by beginning of days nor end of years, but of God.

Gen 14:29 And it was delivered unto men by the calling of his own voice, according to his own will, unto as many as believed on his name--

Gen 14:30 For God, having sworn unto Enoch and unto his seed with an oath by himself that everyone being ordained after this order and calling should have power, by faith, to break mountains, to divide the seas, to dry up waters, to turn them out of their course,

Gen 14:31 To put at defiance the armies of nations, to divide the earth, to break every band, to stand in the presence of God, to do all things according to his will, according to his command, subdue principalities and powers; and this by the will of the Son of God which was from before the foundation of the world.

Gen 14:32 And men having this faith, coming up unto this order of God, were translated and taken up into heaven.

Gen 14:33 And now, Melchizedek was a priest of this order; therefore, he obtained peace in Salem and was called the prince of peace.

Gen 14:34 And his people wrought righteousness, and obtained heaven, and sought for the city of Enoch which God had before taken, separating it from the earth, having reserved it unto the latter days, or the end of the world,

Gen 14:35 And hath said, and sworn with an oath, that the heavens and the earth should come together and the sons of God should be tried so as by fire.

Gen 14:36 And this Melchizedek, having thus established righteousness, was called the king of heaven by his people, or, in other words, the king of peace.

Gen 14:37 And he lifted up his voice, and he blessed Abram, being the high priest and the keeper of the storehouse of God,

Enoch and Melchisedek (and to a smaller degree the Nephites after Christ) all had Zion societies. The Nephites tried for nearly 200 years but ultimately failed. Enoch and Melchisedek if we look at the years they had as literal, had to wait even more time. Especially if Melchisedek is Shem as a few sages have surmised. Shem lived all the way from the flood clear down to Abraham.
you must be quoting from some person's interpretation . . . rather than directly from the scriptures . . . some things you say do not match up and are quoted so vaguely that it leaves me unable to match the time frame of your comments regarding different nations . . .

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

ransomme wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 7:22 pm

JST

Enoch and Melchisedek (and to a smaller degree the Nephites after Christ) all had Zion societies. The Nephites tried for nearly 200 years but ultimately failed. Enoch and Melchisedek if we look at the years they had as literal, had to wait even more time. Especially if Melchisedek is Shem as a few sages have surmised. Shem lived all the way from the flood clear down to Abraham.
True Zion wasn't built In a day. But that is one of the purposes of the intensity of the tribulations:

"These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb." (Revelation 7:14)

But we should not put off the day off our spiritual preparation. Seek now after faith and righteousness. For every step of progress that we attain now, the better off we will be in the times to come.
some of this sounds like Gileadi's teachings

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

Being There wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 9:47 pm as I've said elsewhere.

The church is led by a false prophet -
leading thousands of members away from the Lord;
and many, even to their death.

His example alone - asking his followers to be "GOOD GLOBAL CITIZENS"
and follow him and join with those World leaders - who he follows - and who serve satan -
speaks for itself.

"WE HAVE PRAYED FOR THIS LITERAL GODSEND.
RECEIVING THE VACCINE IS PART OF OUR PERSONAL EFFORTS TO BE
GOOD GLOBAL CITIZENS"

RMN

what a phony

Moron's - following their leader and doing as they're told -
"do as you've been told - it's for your own good"
why tempt me ye (sarcasm) . . . . I think Daniel was told to follow the king of the day, too . . . .I know that in his day . . before the House of Israel was conquered and many removed . . some killed . . there was a conflict between prophets and what they told the people to do . .

prophets told the people to surrender . . some told the people to fight . . BUT . . that's not the point . . I deviate

anyway, Daniel was told to NOT pray because the king . . .just out of the blue . . .random act . . no reason or point . . . mandated that the people not pray to their Gods . . . so, what does that darn Daniel do ? . . he goes to his chamber, throws open the windows and prays . . . even after he had been warned by prophets to do what the king and rulers . . . that had conquered them . . . asked them to do . . . well, who had the power here, God or King?

I find it remarkable that the Lord preserved the scriptures that tell many stories of everyday people like you and me . . .sure, he speaks of the political . . kings and such . . prophets and such . . but many stories are about you and me . . me, of no regard . . . and shows how his power is manifest in the lives of the humble and meek(those without political or religious power) . . kind of hopeful . . . so

if I follow the Lord, no matter what . . . then . . . .

TheChristian
captain of 100

Post by TheChristian »

According to the dead sea scrolls, in their books of Isaiah the term Marred is not used, it is the term "Anointed"

The Qumran Isaiah scroll has ......

‘he was Anointed beyond human semblance’ such that kings and people were astonished.

When one reads Isaiah, it is obvious that he is speaking about "Jesus of Nazerath"

Indeed the bible is a sealed book to those whom consider the Saviour just one of the higher angels or just one of the gods.............

"You pour over the scriptures thinking in them you have eternal life,
Yet all the time the scriptures are Testifieing to Me"

Put Jesus of Nazerath first and everything else falls into its rightfull place...................

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

TheChristian wrote: April 24th, 2022, 7:34 am According to the dead sea scrolls, in their books of Isaiah the term Marred is not used, it is the term "Anointed"

‘he was Anointed beyond human semblance’ such that kings and people were astonished.

When one reads Isaiah, it is obvious that he is speaking about "Jesus of Nazerath"

Indeed the bible is a sealed book to those whom consider the Saviour just one of the higher angels or just one of the gods.............

Put Jesus of Nazerath first and everything else falls into its rightfull place...................
unfortunately
you must not read or study Isaiah very much,
or you would have known about the Lord's servant - serving as a proxy savior that the Lord works through
to do His will -
which this and many other scriptures are actually referring to;
and not "Jesus of Nazerath" - as most would assume.

It's obvious that Jesus being God the father, would not be coming to Earth fulfilling most of these scriptures
quoted in Isaiah that are really referring to His servant - the Davidic servant - marred servant.

ALL THE PROPHECIES OF ISAIAH PERTAIN TO US TODAY
All prophecies in Isaiah are prophecies of the last days.

Isaiah 44:7
7 "Who predicts what happens as do I, and is the equal of me in
appointing a people from of old as types, foretelling things to come?

Isaiah 46
10 I foretell the end from the beginning,
from ancient times things not yet done.
I speak, and my purposes take effect;
I accomplish all my will.

The Book of Isaiah—A Blueprint of Our Time
https://www.isaiahexplained.com/resourc ... -of-isaiah

"What sets the Book of Isaiah apart from all other prophetic writings is its all-inclusiveness in depicting an end-time scenario. Even more comprehensive in portraying the end of the world than apocalyptic writings such as Daniel and Revelation, it spells out a great confluence of events humanity is about to experience. Using Israel’s ancient history as a foreshadowing of the end of the world, it predicts the future by drawing on events of the past. Only a prophet–poet with extraordinary literary skills could have predicted “the end” based on ancient beginnings (Isaiah 46:10). Only a visionary who saw both time periods could have crafted this prophetic masterpiece.

While the Book of Isaiah’s apocalyptic message accords with Jewish tradition, and while its literary features reveal its twofold relevance—to Isaiah’s day and to the end-time—it still requires uncommon faith to believe that it is a handbook for our day. For one thing, it may mean discarding much or all of what we thought we knew before. Isaiah foresees just such confusion when he speaks of the deaf “hearing” and the blind “seeing” the words of his book. Only then—in a day when barely a few “disciples” would know its true message (Isaiah 8:16)—would “those who erred in spirit gain understanding and those who murmured accept instruction” (Isaiah 29:18, 24).

Earth’s End-Time—History Repeating Itself

A reassuring thing about Isaiah’s prophecy is that Isaiah limits himself to predicting new things based on old things when describing the end of the world. Over thirty ancient events—some that occurred before, some contemporary with, and some soon after Isaiah’s day—typify end-time events. To God’s people who know their history, who have searched Isaiah’s writings for answers, therefore, those events won’t appear unfamiliar when they unfold. To those who are acquainted with them and experience them, hindsight will turn to foresight. Perhaps that is one reason why God commanded his people to celebrate ancient events such as Israel’s Passover.

Of course, when those former events repeat themselves in the end-time, they won’t do so in the order they occurred before nor take thousands of years. This time around, moreover, they will happen on a world scale and won’t be limited to the Jews in the State of Israel. While the ancient names that Isaiah uses to describe nations and persons function as codenames of end-time ones, they don’t apply to nations and persons with the same names today. Rather, a sure way to identify which nations or entities Isaiah is speaking of in today’s world is to be guided by the way Isaiah characterizes them and then to match them up with their possible modern counterparts.

The Domino Effect—Concealing the Message

Because Isaiah’s literary devices are meant to conceal and also reveal his prophetic message, much of that message remains hidden until uncovered by the sincere seeker of truth. One thing Isaiah conceals and reveals in this way is the actual sequence of end-time events leading up to the coming of Jehovah to reign on the earth. Instead of making it easy for the reader, therefore, he predicts things piecemeal, breaking up the sequence by depicting an event several times in combination with other events. The entire series appears only when we connect all the dominos. And they act like dominos also—befalling in rapid succession until all have transpired.

A passage in Isaiah 49:9–12, for example, combines the end-time release of God’s people from bondage with their wandering in the wilderness and return from a worldwide exile: “To say to the captives, ‘Come forth!’ and to those in darkness, ‘Show yourselves!’ They shall feed along the way and find pasture on all barren heights. They shall not hunger or thirst, nor be smitten by the heat wave or the sun: he who has mercy on them will guide them; he will lead them by springs of water. All my mountain ranges I will appoint as roads; my highways shall be on high. See these, coming from afar, these, from the northwest, and these, from the land of Sinim.”

End-Time “Assyria”—A Militaristic Alliance

Featuring prominently in the Book of Isaiah is a militaristic superpower that seeks to conquer the world. In fact, God commissions its king figure—an end-time archtyrant—to punish his people when they rebel and do evil: “Hail the Assyrian, the rodof my anger! He is a staff—my wrathin their hand. I will commission him against a godless nation, appoint him over the people [deserving]of my vengeance, to pillage for plunder, to spoliate for spoil, to tread underfoot like mud in the streets. Nevertheless, it shall not seem so to him; this shall not be what he has in mind. His purpose shall be to annihilate and to exterminate nations not a few” (Isaiah 10:5–7).

In the pattern of ancient Assyria, this ruthless world power and its alliance of nations commits genocide on a world scale: “Hark! A tumult on the mountains, as of a vast multitude. Hark! An uproar among kingdoms, as of nations assembling: Jehovah of Hosts is marshaling an army for war. They come from a distant land beyond the horizon—Jehovah and the instruments of his wrath—to cause destruction throughout the earth. Lament, for the Day of Jehovah is near; it shall come as a violent blow from the Almighty” (Isaiah 13:4–6). Although all nations suffer destruction in their wicked state, the apostasy of those who were God’s people precipitates it.

End-Time “Egypt”—A Superpower in Decline

Isaiah’s use of types of ancient world powers that foreshadow end-time ones extends to the great superpower Egypt. As with all nations and persons who appear in the Book of Isaiah, their true identity appears from the way Isaiah characterizes them, not from historical or archaeological data, though at times these may help. In searching the world today for a superpower that matches Isaiah’s description of “Egypt,” the sole candidate is America. That connection is further strengthened by the fact that God’s people anciently dwelt in Egypt, that Joseph ruled Egypt, and that the birthright tribe of Ephraim sprang from Joseph and Asenath, an Egyptian woman.

“Egypt,” however, is a superpower imploding: “The ministers of Zoan have been foolish, the officials of Noph deluded; the heads of state have led Egypt astray. Jehovah has permeated them with a spirit of confusion; they have misled Egypt in all that it does, causing it to stagger like a drunkard into his vomit. . . . Manufacturers of combed linen and weavers of fine fabrics will be dismayed. The textile workers will know despair, and all who work for wages suffer distress. . . . I will stir up the Egyptians against the Egyptians; they will fight brother against brother and neighbor against neighbor, city against city and state against state” (Isaiah 19:2, 9–10, 13–14).

The Struggle within America—Isaiah Saw It

The importance of understanding Isaiah’s message increases daily as world events line up like the planets for the fulfillment of his prophecy. Under the codename “Egypt”—the great superpower of Isaiah’s day—America is predicted to suffer spiritual decline, political ineptitude, economic collapse, internal anarchy, and invasion by a ruthless military world power from the North—an end-time “Assyria.” On the other hand, a community of covenanters in Egypt turns back to God, who sends them a savior and delivers them (Isaiah 19–20). In the end, as the millennial age begins, “Egypt” again becomes “my people”—a righteous covenant people of God (Isaiah 19:25).

A dichotomy of events surrounding Egypt thus typifies the nation in general, which incurs misfortunes or covenant curses for its wickedness even as a righteous category of persons within the nation becomes Egypt’s salvation: “Jehovah will make himself known to the Egyptians, and the Egyptians shall know Jehovah in that day. They will worship by sacrifice and offerings, and make vows to Jehovah and fulfill them. Jehovah will smite Egypt, and by smiting heal [it]: they will turn back to Jehovah, and he will respond to their pleas and heal them” (Isaiah 19:21–22). To be “healed” of iniquity and to “know” Israel’s God is to be his covenant people indeed.

Isaiah Prophesies Using Composites of Types

Having seen “the end from the beginning” (Isaiah 46:10), Isaiah selectively draws on Israel’s ancient history in order to cover both time frames—the past and the future—the “end” being contained in the “beginning.” God’s people anciently, in other words, in the very events in which they participated, were predicting end-time events, something only God is capable of orchestrating: “Who predicts what happens as do I, and is the equal of me in appointing a people from of old as types, foretelling things to come? Be not perturbed or shaken. Have I not made it known to you from of old? Did I not foretell it, you being my witnesses?” (Isaiah 44:7–8).

When something in the past isn’t an exact type of the end-time, on the other hand, Isaiah may combine several types from the past to round out his prediction of the future. That is, he may use composites of types to portray a single end-time person or event. Isaiah’s Seven-Part Structure, for example, portrays both Babylon and the king of Babylon as composites of types, including the events associated with them. The end-time itself, moreover, consists of over thirty ancient events that repeat themselves—although in a different order—that are compressed into a single scenario of a few years known as the “Day of Jehovah” or God’s Day of Judgment. "
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
also

Isaiah’s Ancient Types of End-Time Events
https://www.isaiahexplained.com/resourc ... me-events/
Last edited by Being There on April 24th, 2022, 8:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

this may be helpful - in understanding the relationship between the Lord and His servant
and the mission he performs in the Lord's behalf.
For this - many confuse who Isaiah is referring to - thinking it's the Lord - when actually
it is the Lord - but working through His servant.

https://www.isaiahexplained.com/resourc ... -of-isaiah

9. The Role of Saviors

Birthpangs of the Messiah Mean Deliverance

The “Birthpangs of the Messiah” concept envisages an end-time event resembling Moses’ deliverance of Israel out of bondage in Egypt. In God’s Day of Judgment, the entire earth goes into labor: “Lament, for the Day of Jehovah is near; it shall come as a violent blow from the Almighty. Then shall every hand grow weak and the hearts of all men melt. They shall be terrified, in throes of agony, seized with trembling like a woman in labor” (Isaiah 13:6–8). Even Israel’s God goes into labor: “For a long time I have been silent, keeping still and restraining myself. But now I will scream like a woman in labor, and breathe hard and fast all at once” (Isaiah 42:14).

God’s people lament over not having saved humanity: “As a woman about to give birth cries out from her pangs during labor, so were we at your presence, O Jehovah. We were with child; we have been in labor, but have brought forth only wind. We have not wrought salvationin the earth that the inhabitants of the world might not abort” (Isaiah 26:17–18). Only Zion gives birth to a deliverer and to a “nation” of children: “Before she is in labor, she gives birth; before her ordeal overtakes her, she delivers a son! . . . Can the earth labor but a day and a nation be born at once? For as soon as she was in labor, Zion gave birth to her children” (Isaiah 66:7–8).

The Twofold Nature of Messianic Prophecies

People commonly think of all messianic prophecies as referring to one Messiah. Christians identify that person exclusively with Jesus, while Jews identify him just as exclusively with an end-time David. Neither group appears to allow room for the other’s point of view.
While there may indeed be only one Messiah, we nevertheless find that all messianic prophecies aren’t equal.
When we examine them for what they actually say—not for what we assume they say (or for what manuals and chapter headings say)—we begin to see the need for a complete reevaluation of this subject.
If we believe the scriptures, we must give them precedence over people’s opinions.

We then indeed discover that each theological position has distinct merit and that neither possesses the whole truth. While an actual messianic mission of an end-time David consists of a preparatory work that precedes the coming of Jehovah to reign on the earth, the mission of redeeming his people from their sins is the work of Jehovah himself. Characterizing the mission of Jehovah’s end-time servant is the temporal work of gathering Israel’s tribes, rebuilding the temple in Jerusalem, and reestablishing the political kingdom of God on the earth. When a people of God are thus prepared to receive him, Jehovah comes and his millennial reign of peace begins.

The Jewish Messiah, the Christian Messiah

Prophecies by Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Amos, and others about a messianic figure who assists in restoring the house of Israel in preparation for Jehovah’s coming to reign on the earth agree with Jewish expectations of a “Messiah” or “anointed one” (masiah). A biblical precedent or type of this figure is King David: “Then Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed him in the midst of his brethren, and the Spirit of Jehovah came upon David from that day forward” (1 Samuel 16:13). Isaiah predicts that this figure will release Israel’s captives, lead them in an exodus to Zion, appoint their inheritances, and rebuild their ancient ruins (Isaiah 49:8–12; 61:4).

Fulfilling Christian messianic expectations is Jehovah God of Israel. The key prophecy of Isaiah 53:1–10—of one who takes his people’s transgressions on himself in order to obtain their “peace” and “healing”—Jehovah himself fulfills. We know this from Isaiah’s structure that juxtaposes the King of Babylon in Isaiah 14 with Jehovah, the King of Zion, in Isaiah 52–53 in twenty-one parallel verses that characterize the King of Babylon as the opposite of the King of Zion. As “peace” and “healing” are synonyms of salvation (Isaiah 6:10; 52:7), Jesus’ fulfilling the prophecy of Isaiah 53:1–10 identifies him not only as Jehovah God of Israel but as its Messiah.

Jehovah’s Coming—A Succession of Events

Many people seem to imagine Jehovah’s coming to reign on the earth (or Jesus’ Second Coming in New Testament prophecy) as a single earth-shaking event. In reality, however—as Isaiah and the prophets predict—Jehovah’s coming consists of an entire series of earth-shaking events that prepare the world in general, and God’s people in particular, to receive him. In that end-time scenario, God’s servant functions as a forerunner to restore God’s covenant people and prepare them to meet God. Isaiah calls the remnant of God’s people whom the servant restores Zion or Jerusalem, denoting a higher spiritual category than the one called Jacob or Israel.

God’s servant further acts as antidote to an end-time king of Assyria/Babylon—an Antichrist who commits mass genocide of the earth’s population. That tyrant’s destruction, too, forms an integral part of Jehovah’s coming as he is God’s instrument to cleanse the earth of its unrepentant inhabitants. Those portentous events will test the loyalties of all peoples, producing the effect of turning some into angels and others into devils. The times will be such that all middle ground vanishes and people must choose one side or the other. Jehovah’s coming “to avenge and to reward” (Isaiah 35:4; 62:11) thus consists not of one event but of a succession of events.

The Terms “Servant” and “Son” Mean Vassal

Much of our understanding of covenant relationships with God comes from ancient Near Eastern parallels of covenants between emperors and their vassal kings. Under the terms of those covenants, a “servant” or “son” identifies a “vassal” to an emperor. As the prophets use that model to define God’s covenants with Israel and with Israel’s kings, we learn much about how God’s covenants work by comparing them with their ancient Near Eastern counterparts. When the disloyal King Ahaz, for example, seeks to establish a covenant relationship with the Assyrian emperor Tiglath Pileser, he calls himself the emperor’s “servant” and “son” (2 Kings 16:7).

Although the terms “servant” and “son” both imply “vassal” status, an emphasis on the term “son” suggests that a vassal’s covenant relationship has become unconditional. In other words, after a vassal proves exceedingly loyal to an emperor, the emperor legally adopts him as his own “son.” The vassal’s privileges under the covenant then become “forever.” In that light, the goal of covenant keeping with God is to prove loyal under all conditions in which he may test his “servant.” Only then does the covenant—whether with his people as a nation or with individuals—become unconditional. Only then do its blessings and privileges become “forever.”

Jehovah’s Servant and Son—His Forerunner

Part III of Isaiah’s Seven-Part Structure (Isaiah 9–12; 41–46), depicts the mission of God’s end-time “servant” and “son,” who prepares God’s people for Jehovah’s coming to reign on the earth. The context of each group of chapters is the same—Israel’s end-time restoration. That consists of God’s people’s physical release from bondage, new exodus, new wandering in the wilderness, return from exile, and reconquest of the Promised Land. These and similar literary interconnections between the two groups of chapters show that Jehovah’s “servant” who appears in Isaiah 41–46 is the same person as the Davidic “son” who appears in Isaiah 9–12.

While Isaiah 41–46 highlights the conditional phase of the servant’s mission to restore God’s people, Isaiah 9–12 highlights its unconditional phase—that is, the period that sees the restoration of God’s people accomplished. Spiritual and political enemies the servant deals with include his own people’s idolaters and the king of Assyria. The restorative events of release from bondage, new exodus, new wandering in the wilderness, return from exile, and reconquest of the land conclude with Jehovah’s presence with his people in Zion (Isaiah 12:1–6; 46:13). The servant’s role thus resembles that of Moses, who attempted to prepare his people to meet God.

“My Servant Eliakim”—A Nail in a Sure Place

Synchronous holistic structures in the Book of Isaiah allow us to read Isaiah’s writings in their entirety as foreshadowing an end-time scenario. In that case, the events that occurred in Isaiah’s day act as an allegory of the end-time. So it is with “my servant Eliakim,” who displaces Shebna, another servant who entertains ideas of grandeur. God invests Eliakim with the “keys of the house of David: when he opens none shall shut, when he shuts none shall open.” This sealing power enables Eliakim to act as a “father” or savior to God’s people. God “fastens him as a nail in a sure place, and he will be a throne of glory to the house of his Father” (Isaiah 22:20–24).

Upon that nail, moreover, hang “vessels” large and small—“his descendants and posterity”—who depend on him for safety (Isaiah 22:24). God spares these and other “vessels” from destruction when the Assyrian archtyrant commences his work of world genocide (Isaiah 52:11). Meanwhile, the first nail in a sure place—the servant’s vainglorious contemporary—is released from office, and those who depend on him are “cut off” (Isaiah 22:19, 25). That scenario has a type in David’s replacing Saul and is identical with one Jesus predicts, in which a “faithful and wise servant” replaces an “evil servant” before Jesus’ second coming (Matthew 24:44–51).

Jehovah/Savior—Source of the Waters of Life

When God says, “Attention, all who thirst; come for water! You who have no money, come and buy food, that you may eat” (Isaiah 55:1), he is responding to preachers of his word who “leave the hungry soul empty” and “deprive the thirsty [soul]of drink” (Isaiah 32:6). By pointing his people to his covenant, he leads them to a restoration of its blessings (Isaiah 55:3). In that end-time context, God’s covenant subsists in his servant, whom God appoints as “a witness to the nations, a prince and lawgiver of the peoples” (Isaiah 55:3–4; compare 42:6; 49:8). As mediator of God’s covenant, the servant guides people to “food” and “water” during a dearth.

As forerunner of Jehovah’s coming to reign on the earth, the servant summons God’s people who repent to return from dispersion in an exodus to Zion (Isaiah 55:5–13). Just as Israel sang a Song of Salvation following its exodus out of Egypt (Exodus 15:1–21), so do God’s people following the new exodus: “In the God of my salvationI will trust without fear; for Jehovah was my strength and my song when he became my salvation. Then shall you rejoice in drawing water from the fountains of salvation” (Isaiah 12:2–3; compare 11:10–16). Symbolizing the Waters of Life, water typifies God’s covenant blessing (Isaiah 35:6–7; 41:17–18; 44:3–4; 49:8–10).

“Waiting for Jehovah”—Key to Deliverance

To those who prove loyal to Israel’s God, the time of waiting for his coming to reign on the earth may seem interminable as all human support systems collapse around them. And yet, waiting for and hoping in Jehovah divides the righteous from the wicked—those blessed of God from those cursed: “Then will Jehovah delay [his coming] that he may favor you; out of mercy toward you he will remain aloof. For Jehovah is the God of justice; blessed are all who wait for him. . . . Though my Lord give you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, yet shall your Teacher remain hidden no longer, but your eyes shall see the Master” (Isaiah 30:18, 20).

Songs of Salvation end the waiting: “In that day youwill say, ‘This is our God, whom we expected would save us. This is Jehovah for whom we have waited; let us joyfully celebrate his salvation!’” (Isaiah 25:9); “Our city is strong; salvationhe has set up as walls and barricades! Open the gates to let in the nation righteous because it keeps faith. Those whose minds are steadfast, [O Jehovah,] you preserve in perfect peace, for in you they are secure” (Isaiah 26:1–3). God rewards the waiters: “Your faithfulnessin time [of trial] shall prove to be a strength, your wisdom and knowledge your salvation; your fear of Jehovah shall be your riches” (Isaiah 33:6).

Jehovah’s Coming in Glory to His Bride Zion

The marriage covenant has long functioned as a model of God’s covenant with Israel in the writings of the prophets, although most often they depict Israel playing the harlot to Jehovah, her husband (Isaiah 1:21; 57:7–13; Jeremiah 3:1–20; 31:1–32; Ezekiel 16:1–63; 23:1–49; Hosea 4:15). As a result of her unfaithfulness, Israel loses her husband: “Thus says Jehovah: ‘Where is your mother’s bill of divorce with which I cast her out? Or to which of my creditors did I sell you? Surely, by sinning you sold yourselves; because of your crimes was your mother an outcast’” (Isaiah 50:1). At his coming, however, Jehovah renews the covenant with his people Zion:

“Tell the Daughter of Zion, ‘See, your Salvationcomes, his reward with him’” (Isaiah 62:11); “Be not fearful for you shall not be confounded; be not ashamed for you shall not be disgraced. You shall forget the shame of your youth and remember no more the reproach of your widowhood. He who espouses you is your Maker, whose name is Jehovah of Hosts; he who redeems you is the Holy One of Israel, who is called the God of all the earth. Jehovah calls you back as a spouse forsaken and forlorn, a wife married in youth only to be rejected . . . I forsook you indeed momentarily, but with loving compassion I will gather you up” (Isaiah 54:4–7).

The Prophetic Idea of the One and the Many

A key scriptural concept parallels the spiritual and physical experiences of a patriarch, king, or leader with those of his people: what happens to the one, happens to the many; what he does, they do. And so forth. As Israel’s Messiah unjustly suffers pain and humiliation before he is exalted as King of Zion, for example (Isaiah 52:7–10; 53:2–10), and as God’s end-time servant is “marred” before God heals and exalts him (Isaiah 52:13–15; 57:18–19), so God’s people suffer pain and humiliation before God heals and exalts them (Isaiah 51:7, 17–23; 52:1–3; 54:4–14; 61:7). Those unwilling to follow that pattern can’t attain the same exaltation as those who do.

Isaiah cites many such parallels. Most are between God’s servant and God’s repentant people: as the servant calls upon God, so do they (Isaiah 41:25; 55:6; 58:9); as God heals him, so he heals them (Isaiah 30:26; 57:19); as God anoints him and fills him with his Spirit, so he does them (Isaiah 42:1; 44:3; 48:16; 59:21; 61:1, 3); as he declares good tidings, so do they (Isaiah 40:9; 41:27; 52:7); as God calls him from afar, so he calls them (Isaiah 41:2, 9, 25; 43:5–6; 46:11; 49:12; 60:4, 9); as he experiences God’s salvation, so do they (Isaiah 12:2–3; 25:9; 49:8; 61:10); as he restores ruins and rebuilds God’s temple, so do they (Isaiah 44:26, 28; 58:12; 61:4; 66:1).

Eunuchs, Aliens—God’s End-Time Servants

The major end-time role certain “servants” of God fulfill in preparing a people for the coming of Jehovah to reign on the earth begs the question, Who are these servants and where do they come from? Because they first appear in the Book of Isaiah (Isaiah 54:17; 56:6; 63:17; 65:8–9, 13–15; 66:14) after God commissions his end-time servant (Isaiah 41:27; 42:1; 44:26; 49:3–6; 50:10; 52:13; 53:11), the servant’s connection with them seems self-evident. Parallel roles of God’s servant and these additional servants confirm this—what he does, they do: as he serves as a proxy savior to God’s people (Isaiah 42:6; 49:3–13), so do they (Isaiah 63:17; 65:8).

Terms designating God’s servants also appear after God’s servant begins his mission. These include God’s “watchmen” who herald Jehovah’s coming to reign on the earth (Isaiah 52:7–8); God’s “priests” and “ministers” who mourn in Zion and endure persecution (Isaiah 61:3–7); and (spiritual) “kings” and “queens” of the Gentiles who gather God’s sons and daughters from exile in a great end-time exodus to Zion (Isaiah 49:10–12, 17–23; 60:3–4, 9–11, 16). Most telling are certain “eunuchs” and “aliens” who “hold fast to my covenant,” who “choose to do what I will” so “that they may be his servants” (Isaiah 56:3–6; emphasis added; compare Matthew 19:12).

Kings and Queens of the Gentiles—Saviors

Olive tree allegories representing God’s people Israel in the writings of the prophets set in relief the relationship between Israel and the Gentiles. The Gentiles are given the chance to become God’s covenant people. In the end, however, most renege on their commitment and are “cut off” (compare Romans 11). A redeeming thing about the Gentiles’ being grafted into the tree, however, is that those who remain with the tree do so because they nurture God’s people Israel. When the Jews rejected Jesus, his disciples took the gospel to the Gentiles. In the end-time, that situation is reversed, as those Gentiles who remain faithful restore it to the house of Israel.

Still, the kings and queens of the Gentiles who act as Israel’s “foster fathers” and “nursing mothers” (Isaiah 49:23; 60:3–16) are undoubtedly not pure Gentiles either. Because many descendants of Israel assimilated into the Gentiles through the centuries, those end-time saviors of God’s people in all likelihood fall into the category of assimilated Israelites. Nor is Isaiah speaking of political kings and queens. Isaiah’s role model of a savior-king is Hezekiah, who ministers to his people and intercedes with God on their behalf when Assyria conquers the world and invades the Promised Land. Like Hezekiah’s, theirs is a spiritual role, not a political one.

Rising to the Occasion—The Model of Moses

When the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob multiply into a numerous people in Egypt, a new Pharaoh arises who fears them, so he subjects them to hard bondage. After that bondage serves its purpose of humbling them, however, “God heard their groanings, and God remembered his covenant with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. And God looked upon the people of Israel, and God had respect to them” (Exodus 2:24–25). God’s covenant with their ancestors to preserve their descendants requires him to deliver the people of Israel for their ancestors’ sake. Just how God delivers them establishes a pattern that repeats itself at the end of the world.

Throughout his interventions in human history, God tests the loyalties of his children, not only toward himself but also toward each other. While some, like Egypt’s Pharaoh, betray and cruelly oppress people, others such as Moses demonstrate extraordinary loyalty toward God and toward their peoples. Isaiah’s end-time scenario provides just such a setting for God to test his children’s loyalties. As God works through human agents to bring about the end-time restoration of his covenant people, some rise to the occasion on the model of Moses while others follow Pharaoh’s pattern of laboring—just as intensely—in their attempts to thwart and defeat God’s plan.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

EvanLM wrote: April 24th, 2022, 7:10 am
ransomme wrote: April 23rd, 2022, 7:22 pm

JST

True Zion wasn't built In a day. But that is one of the purposes of the intensity of the tribulations:

"These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb." (Revelation 7:14)

But we should not put off the day off our spiritual preparation. Seek now after faith and righteousness. For every step of progress that we attain now, the better off we will be in the times to come.
some of this sounds like Gileadi's teachings
Not that I am particularly aware of, but I'm sure he has spoken on just about everything.

Otherwise I would consider these basic ideas just from reading what the scriptures say, what the creation story teaches, and the example of many prophets in the scriptures from Enoch to Melchizedek to Nephi son of Helaman to what Joseph Smith taught.

Joan7
captain of 100

Post by Joan7 »

TheChristian wrote: April 24th, 2022, 7:34 am According to the dead sea scrolls, in their books of Isaiah the term Marred is not used, it is the term "Anointed"

The marred servant that Isaiah describes is not Jesus Christ. The proof is in 3 Nephi 21, where Jesus tells the Nephites:

8 And when that day shall come, it shall come to pass that kings shall shut their mouths; for that which had not been told them shall they see; and that which they had not heard shall they consider.

9 For in that day, for my sake shall the Father work a work, which shall be a great and a marvelous work among them; and there shall be among them those who will not believe it, although a man shall declare it unto them.

10 But behold, the life of my servant shall be in my hand; therefore they shall not hurt him, although he shall be marred because of them. Yet I will heal him, for I will show unto them that my wisdom is greater than the cunning of the devil.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

Back to the OP: I met this weekend with several friends. All life long LDS" All of us trying to figure out where the church is headed, and where it came from, and what to do. We all see things amiss. But, I will say that two of the other three are very powerful spiritual men, one pulled me through the hardest times of my life. We discussed agreed and disagreed on many topics. But, al of us have been and are constantly praying about what is happening. We all see issues and most have one hand on the ejection handle. But, to be frank, ALL have received recent guidance from the Lord to "stay in the boat". Sorry, if it offends those with less faith if some obtain the command to stay. And to those who say we are TBM's they haven't a clue and there is nothing TBM about any of us. It is what the Lord commands.

So, what is this "defending evil" anyway? I see things that I don't like, but I don't see any evil. In a thousand pages of posts declaring evil, I see just illusions, and the same deception tactics the other side uses, innuendos, unfounded claims, logic (or science) of scriptures taken out context or cherry picked, LDS name in some UN documents, etc.... It is easily captured in discussing covid masks and vaxes. I find them horrible and the science flawed. However, I know many good people that wear masks, got vaxed and they are NOT evil. I know Dr's that pushed the vax and is NOT evil. Perhaps stupid, perhaps deceived, perhaps lost and trusting but NOT evil. Those who find evil where it doesn't are the ones that are evil or deceived themselves. Always, always, always, the spirit of the Lord and the HG teach with LOVE, not HATE. Even in times when god is chastising, it is with love. So, explain how the OP can even make sense?

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

TheDuke wrote: April 24th, 2022, 6:21 pm Back to the OP: I met this weekend with several friends. All life long LDS" All of us trying to figure out where the church is headed, and where it came from, and what to do. We all see things amiss. But, I will say that two of the other three are very powerful spiritual men, one pulled me through the hardest times of my life. We discussed agreed and disagreed on many topics. But, al of us have been and are constantly praying about what is happening. We all see issues and most have one hand on the ejection handle. But, to be frank, ALL have received recent guidance from the Lord to "stay in the boat". Sorry, if it offends those with less faith if some obtain the command to stay. And to those who say we are TBM's they haven't a clue and there is nothing TBM about any of us. It is what the Lord commands.

So, what is this "defending evil" anyway? I see things that I don't like, but I don't see any evil. In a thousand pages of posts declaring evil, I see just illusions, and the same deception tactics the other side uses, innuendos, unfounded claims, logic (or science) of scriptures taken out context or cherry picked, LDS name in some UN documents, etc.... It is easily captured in discussing covid masks and vaxes. I find them horrible and the science flawed. However, I know many good people that wear masks, got vaxed and they are NOT evil. I know Dr's that pushed the vax and is NOT evil. Perhaps stupid, perhaps deceived, perhaps lost and trusting but NOT evil. Those who find evil where it doesn't are the ones that are evil or deceived themselves. Always, always, always, the spirit of the Lord and the HG teach with LOVE, not HATE. Even in times when god is chastising, it is with love. So, explain how the OP can even make sense?
and even more - of the Modern-day Mormon Mindset.

I think many here think that YOU make no sense.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

TheDuke wrote: April 24th, 2022, 6:21 pm Back to the OP: I met this weekend with several friends. All life long LDS" All of us trying to figure out where the church is headed, and where it came from, and what to do. We all see things amiss. But, I will say that two of the other three are very powerful spiritual men, one pulled me through the hardest times of my life. We discussed agreed and disagreed on many topics. But, al of us have been and are constantly praying about what is happening. We all see issues and most have one hand on the ejection handle. But, to be frank, ALL have received recent guidance from the Lord to "stay in the boat". Sorry, if it offends those with less faith if some obtain the command to stay. And to those who say we are TBM's they haven't a clue and there is nothing TBM about any of us. It is what the Lord commands.

some members are so blind - *
(because instead of putting their faith and trust in the Lord, and being led by Him,
they put their faith and trust in their church leaders - where their allegiance lies, and are led by them)
* that they couldn't see evil - if it came up and kicked them in the face - or kicked in their door -
which is more likely to happen and will surely happen to many - YES - because of EVIL.

Those that can't see the evil - that's been forced on us -
are either blind, or just stupid.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

I’m fine with that as all I need is the HG to agree. Btw where are all those losing their testimonies and leaving going to? Another ship? Sniffer? Do it alone? Some church that doesn’t believe BofM? If this ship is sinking where is god sending the life rafts? Don’t what the majority of people here believe, you only see those who speak out. And I think you are wrong.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

TheDuke wrote: April 24th, 2022, 8:43 pm I’m fine with that as all I need is the HG to agree. Btw where are all those losing their testimonies and leaving going to? Another ship? Sniffer? Do it alone? Some church that doesn’t believe BofM? If this ship is sinking where is god sending the life rafts? Don’t what the majority of people here believe, you only see those who speak out. And I think you are wrong.
Those that stay in the boat - will sink with it - are in this deep sleep -
almost like there's been this spell put on you - and are blind.
But those that have awaken from their deep sleep - awaken to their awful situation -
know that they no longer need MEN, or a another ship, or a church to go to;
let alone a church, that has been corrupted by these men,
they've come to know, that they ONLY need the Lord and His spirit with them.

13 O that ye would awake; awake from a deep sleep, yea,
even from the sleep of hell,
and shake off the awful chains by which ye are bound,
which are the chains which bind
the children of men, that they are carried away captive down
to the eternal gulf of misery and woe.
2 Nephi 1:13

Ether 8
24 Wherefore, the Lord commandeth you, when ye shall see these things come among you
that ye shall awake to a sense of your awful situation,
because of this secret combination which shall be among you;

Joan7
captain of 100

Post by Joan7 »

TheDuke wrote: April 24th, 2022, 8:43 pm I’m fine with that as all I need is the HG to agree. Btw where are all those losing their testimonies and leaving going to? Another ship? Sniffer? Do it alone? Some church that doesn’t believe BofM? If this ship is sinking where is god sending the life rafts? Don’t what the majority of people here believe, you only see those who speak out. And I think you are wrong.
Well, there is that verse in the Doctrine and Covenants that tells us that the ones who belong to the Church of the Firstborn are the ones God accepts and exalts. I'm in a holding pattern, and waiting for that, because I trust that He has this!
Doctrine and Covenants 76
51 They are they who received the testimony of Jesus, and believed on his name and were baptized after the manner of his burial, being buried in the water in his name, and this according to the commandment which he has given—

52 That by keeping the commandments they might be washed and cleansed from all their sins, and receive the Holy Spirit by the laying on of the hands of him who is ordained and sealed unto this power;

53 And who overcome by faith, and are sealed by the Holy Spirit of promise, which the Father sheds forth upon all those who are just and true.

54 They are they who are the church of the Firstborn.

55 They are they into whose hands the Father has given all things—

56 They are they who are priests and kings, who have received of his fulness, and of his glory;

57 And are priests of the Most High, after the order of Melchizedek, which was after the order of Enoch, which was after the order of the Only Begotten Son.

58 Wherefore, as it is written, they are gods, even the sons of God—

59 Wherefore, all things are theirs, whether life or death, or things present, or things to come, all are theirs and they are Christ’s, and Christ is God’s.

60 And they shall overcome all things.
There is a lot to study about the Church of the Firstborn. Definitely worth your time:
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/sea ... rue&page=1

Refraction75
captain of 100

Post by Refraction75 »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 18th, 2022, 3:09 pm
Subcomandante wrote: April 18th, 2022, 2:56 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 18th, 2022, 2:39 pm @sub
But they would teach doctrine contrary to what He taught. They would blaspheme His name in the midst of His house.
How so?
1. The LDS church ignores or has changed many core doctrines taught in the Book of Mormon.

2. The modern LDS org changed AoF #4 as originally written by Joseph Smith. This essentially changed the definition of salvation to add temple ordinances. Christ was quite clear about what his doctrine was in 3 Nephi, and what happens to those people who change His doctrine.

3. As far as the "his house" portion, I believe the modern LDS org has portions of what Joseph began to teach the saints, but subsequent leaders (Brigham) changed it drastically, even introducing very poor doctrine and possibly even Luciferian aspects with blood oaths and adam/god doctrine. Not to mention that I simply cannot believe that the "covenants" entered into are done in full knowledge in the LDS org. You cannot make a covenant in ignorance (ie, point to the scriptures and tell someone the Law of Sacrifice is in there).

I have read the Nemenhah record, which also contains a version of the Endowment the Native Americans received. There are massive similarities, but there are also massive differences. The Nemenhah record teaches the 4 core ordinances in far more clarity than I've ever been taught in the LDS temple.

And as I've noted in other places, if SRA is occurring, then the apostasy noted in 2 Thess, and the devil sitting upon the throne of God, would be a perfect fit.
Would you be willing to explain more about the Nemenhah record? This is the first time I have heard anything about this....

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Refraction75 wrote: April 24th, 2022, 10:08 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 18th, 2022, 2:39 pm @sub
But they would teach doctrine contrary to what He taught. They would blaspheme His name in the midst of His house.
How so?
1. The LDS church ignores or has changed many core doctrines taught in the Book of Mormon.

2. The modern LDS org changed AoF #4 as originally written by Joseph Smith. This essentially changed the definition of salvation to add temple ordinances. Christ was quite clear about what his doctrine was in 3 Nephi, and what happens to those people who change His doctrine.

3. As far as the "his house" portion, I believe the modern LDS org has portions of what Joseph began to teach the saints, but subsequent leaders (Brigham) changed it drastically, even introducing very poor doctrine and possibly even Luciferian aspects with blood oaths and adam/god doctrine. Not to mention that I simply cannot believe that the "covenants" entered into are done in full knowledge in the LDS org. You cannot make a covenant in ignorance (ie, point to the scriptures and tell someone the Law of Sacrifice is in there).

I have read the Nemenhah record, which also contains a version of the Endowment the Native Americans received. There are massive similarities, but there are also massive differences. The Nemenhah record teaches the 4 core ordinances in far more clarity than I've ever been taught in the LDS temple.

And as I've noted in other places, if SRA is occurring, then the apostasy noted in 2 Thess, and the devil sitting upon the throne of God, would be a perfect fit.
Would you be willing to explain more about the Nemenhah record? This is the first time I have heard anything about this....
I have intentions of doing an essay on it, but to do it justice requires a fair amount of explanation. The short version is that this record began with Hagoth, the ship builder, from the Book of Mormon. It tracks his posterity for nearly 1600 years all across the North American continent and some of his progeny across the isles of the sea and even some of them returning to Jerusalem. The finality of the book ends with many familiar tribe names that we hear of today, with slight variations.

Many of these people came from the Ammonites and migrated north. There are two separate visits from Christ after he appeared to the Nephites in Bountiful…. And many, many, many more details. The book is around 680 pages. It is one of the more fascinating books I have ever read with mountains of theology and societal examples of people righteous and wickedness.

Refraction75
captain of 100

Post by Refraction75 »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 24th, 2022, 10:16 pm
Refraction75 wrote: April 24th, 2022, 10:08 pm
How so?

I have intentions of doing an essay on it, but to do it justice requires a fair amount of explanation. The short version is that this record began with Hagoth, the ship builder, from the Book of Mormon. It tracks his posterity for nearly 1600 years all across the North American continent and some of his progeny across the isles of the sea and even some of them returning to Jerusalem. The finality of the book ends with many familiar tribe names that we hear of today, with slight variations.

Many of these people came from the Ammonites and migrated north. There are two separate visits from Christ after he appeared to the Nephites in Bountiful…. And many, many, many more details. The book is around 680 pages. It is one of the more fascinating books I have ever read with mountains of theology and societal examples of people righteous and wickedness.
Thanks for the explanation I look forward to reading this on your blog. I think this will be a fascinating read for myself from the source I will start there.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

TheDuke wrote: April 24th, 2022, 6:21 pm However, I know many good people that wear masks, got vaxed and they are NOT evil. I know Dr's that pushed the vax and is NOT evil. Perhaps stupid, perhaps deceived, perhaps lost and trusting but NOT evil. Those who find evil where it doesn't are the ones that are evil or deceived themselves. Always, always, always, the spirit of the Lord and the HG teach with LOVE, not HATE. Even in times when god is chastising, it is with love. So, explain how the OP can even make sense?
They may not be evil but they are deceived. Yes, I too know good people who have gone along with this, and that pains me. They did it because they thought they were caring for others and helping them, and I get that. I think I was that way myself... but this entire thing has been an abuse of our caring nature.

This situation has inverted things, as Satanic influence often does. Instead of protecting the elderly, it has ended up isolating them and making them more vulnerable. Instead of preventing the collapse of society, it has hastened it. Far from stopping mis/disinfo, it has encouraged it, and suppressed real information.

I can't think of a single event within my lifetime which has done more to undermine political, religious and personal freedom worldwide. Some awful things have happened in parts of the world before, but they were localised. A lot of this has been creeping in gradually for years, or been waiting in the wings for as long, but this has been the zero point where it all converges.

Refraction75
captain of 100

Post by Refraction75 »

Niemand wrote: April 25th, 2022, 2:45 am
TheDuke wrote: April 24th, 2022, 6:21 pm However, I know many good people that wear masks, got vaxed and they are NOT evil. I know Dr's that pushed the vax and is NOT evil. Perhaps stupid, perhaps deceived, perhaps lost and trusting but NOT evil. Those who find evil where it doesn't are the ones that are evil or deceived themselves. Always, always, always, the spirit of the Lord and the HG teach with LOVE, not HATE. Even in times when god is chastising, it is with love. So, explain how the OP can even make sense?
They may not be evil but they are deceived. Yes, I too know good people who have gone along with this, and that pains me. They did it because they thought they were caring for others and helping them, and I get that. I think I was that way myself... but this entire thing has been an abuse of our caring nature.

This situation has inverted things, as Satanic influence often does. Instead of protecting the elderly, it has ended up isolating them and making them more vulnerable. Instead of preventing the collapse of society, it has hastened it. Far from stopping mis/disinfo, it has encouraged it, and suppressed real information.

I can't think of a single event within my lifetime which has done more to undermine political, religious and personal freedom worldwide. Some awful things have happened in parts of the world before, but they were localised. A lot of this has been creeping in gradually for years, or been waiting in the wings for as long, but this has been the zero point where it all converges.
I couldn't agree with you more!!! Great comment!

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Refraction75 wrote: April 25th, 2022, 2:55 am

I couldn't agree with you more!!! Great comment!
Thank you. It saddens me, because I was partly taken in by this myself. I supported a short lockdown, wore a mask back when governments were saying they were useless and so on. I didn't want to hurt or kill elderly friends of mine. But then after a month or two in 2020, I realised there was something wrong. For one, nearly all the small shops were shut, but people were piling into supermarkets. No one to this day has named supermarkets as "superspreader events", even though they would be an obvious cross-contamination space. Almost everything else though.

I might have even gone for a "vaccination" (their term) if the authorities hadn't behaved the way they did, by being aggressive, censoring contrary information and so on, and trying to introduce mandates Something felt Satanic about it.

I never reported anyone for lockdown infringements, even though I saw a few. In retrospect, I'm glad I didn't.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Well put. Especially: "this entire thing has been an abuse of our caring nature."

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

Well put. Especially: "this entire thing has been an abuse of our caring nature."
It appears animosity against anyone questioning 'the official' narrative about covid & vaccine mandates has been shifted to anyone questioning 'the official' narrative about Russia's so-called invasion of Ukraine, or why Russia might find it necessary, and why NATO/EU countries were already involved on a military training and regime change basis for over eight years.

Any questions or observations - outside 'embedded' western media reports created within the NATO/EU corrupt Ukrainian political milieu - are judged to be 'pro-Putin'.

I guess we do have the Russian behavioral physiologist, Ivan Pavlov (1849-1936), to thank for having shown the NWO how to put us under 'the spell'.

A few weeks ago, I heard a report given to UK health officials from a behavioral scientist who glibly (with a grin on his face) reported that people kept in a constant state of fear & alarm - regardless of the source of that fear - (heck, pull out all the stops!) - are more conducive to taking the vaccine and obeying every edict handed down from officials.

At church, I have to exercise the utmost restraint when I hear anyone thank The Lord that we live in a 'free country' and that our military is out there fighting for the freedom of people in countries all over the world!

Where, indeed, is 'our caring nature'?

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

THIS is evil . . not the petty covid stuff. . this is what we need to fight about

California Assembly Health Committee Passes Bill That Would Legalize Infanticide
State
|
Steven Ertelt
| Apr 20, 2022 | 9:12AM |
Sacramento, California

The California Assembly committee has passed a radical bill that legal analysts say would legalize infanticide, letting babies die up to 28 after birth. The panel voted for the measure on an 11-3 vote.

California Assembly Bill 2223, sponsored by Assemblywoman Buffy Wicks, D-Oakland, already has prompted massive outrage. While the legislation is meant to end criminal penalties for abortion, it could stop people from being punished for killing newborns as well. While hundreds of pro-life advocates showed up to oppose the bill, the main proponents are pro-abortion groups like Planned Parenthood, NARAL and the ACLU.

The measure has come under fire from pro-life groups who say would prevent criminal liability if an infant dies during the perinatal period “due to a pregnancy-related cause” — which would essentially legalize the killing of newborn babies. The National Center on Health Statistics defines the perinatal period as between 28 weeks of gestation and seven days after birth but that definition can extend up to the 28 days.

The bill would prohibit authorities from charging a mother for “actions or omissions” related to her pregnancy, “including miscarriage, stillbirth, or abortion, or perinatal death.” Anyone who “aids or assists a pregnant person” also would be exempt from prosecution. Additionally, the bill would allow the woman to sue police and other authorities who arrest or charge her in such cases.

According to the California Family Council, the “perinatal death” language in the bill would exempt mothers who kill their newborn babies from prosecution.

ACTION ALERT: Contact the California Assembly to urge opposition to the bill.

Susan Arnall, vice president of legal affairs for the Right to Life League, told the committee during the debate: “A mother, her boyfriend or, for that matter, the babysitter, can starve or beat or shake a three-week-old baby to death and no one can investigate because under (the bill) it is a ‘perinatal death.’”

“For years, pro-life advocates have argued there is no moral difference between ending a child’s life days before birth or days after birth. California’s pro-abortion legislators now seemingly agree,” said Jonathan Keller, president of California Family Council. “A political culture that justifies killing millions of children in the womb is now declaring open season on unwanted newborns. Every Californian must oppose this heinous bill.”

The pro-abortion legislation would prohibit authorities from charging a mother for “actions or omissions” related to her pregnancy, “including miscarriage, stillbirth, or abortion, or perinatal death.” Anyone who “aids or assists a pregnant person” also would be exempt from prosecution. Additionally, the bill would allow the woman to sue police and other authorities who arrest or charge her in such cases.

However, pro-life advocates warned that the “perinatal death” language in the bill also would exclude mothers who kill their newborn babies from prosecution. The definitions of “perinatal” vary, but they all include newborn babies within the first week and potentially up to the first month of life outside the womb.

The sponsor has amended the bill but pro-life groups say the amendment doe snot solve the problem.

In an email, the Capitol Resource Institute encouraged pro-life Californians to contact lawmakers and urge them to vote against the bill.

“This is quite literally a matter of life and death,” the pro-life organization wrote. “This egregious bill would legalize the murder of newborn babies, so it is imperative that we use this opportunity to unite with one voice and to demand that this bill be rejected.”

The bill already passed one state Assembly committee earlier this month. No one spoke in favor of AB 2223 during the meeting, but more than a hundred individuals opposed it in person or by phone.

A state legislative analysis confirmed pro-life advocates’ concerns about the bill earlier this month, saying it could be interpreted to allow infanticide, according to the Sacramento Bee.

“As currently in print, it may not be sufficiently clear that ‘perinatal death’ is intended to be the consequence of a pregnancy complication,” the Assembly Judiciary Committee bill analysis states. “Thus, the bill could be interpreted to immunize a pregnant person from all criminal penalties for all pregnancy outcomes, including the death of a newborn for any reason during the ‘perinatal’ period after birth, including a cause of death which is not attributable to pregnancy complications, which clearly is not the author’s intent.”

Earlier this month, Wicks, the lead sponsor, lashed out pro-life advocates for exposing the problems in her bill, calling their alarm “absurd and disingenuous.”

“Anti-abortion activists are peddling an absurd and disingenuous argument that this bill is about killing newborns, when ironically, the part of the bill they’re pointing to is about protecting and supporting parents experiencing the grief of pregnancy loss,” she said in a statement.

Democrats control the California Legislature by a strong majority, and AB 2223 is one of eight bills that the Planned Parenthood Affiliates of California identified as a legislative priority this year.

The California Future of Abortion Council, a coalition that Gov. Gavin Newsom established last year, also supports the bill.

ACTION ALERT: Contact the California Assembly to urge opposition to the bill.