why pin it on Brigham ?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Re: why pin it on Brigham ?

Post by Mamabear »

Luke wrote: April 20th, 2022, 1:18 pm
Church_of_the_Lamb wrote: April 20th, 2022, 12:15 pm
nightlight wrote: April 20th, 2022, 11:50 am
Church_of_the_Lamb wrote: April 20th, 2022, 11:14 am

You are literally supporting adultery and pedophilia
He is not supporting pedophilia. That is a sick accusation.
His youngest wife was 15, he was 42. They had 5 kids together. He also had several 16 year old wives
Simply isn’t paedophilia. By all accounts, Mary, the Mother of Jesus was around 12 or 13 years old when she was sleeping with Joseph the Carpenter, who was probably several decades older than her.

Was righteous Joseph the Carpenter a paedophile?
Never read that in the New Testament.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

LDS Physician wrote: April 20th, 2022, 8:52 am Joseph Smith: polygamy is abominable
Joseph Smith's scriptures (then section 101): monogamy is the way of the church, polygamy is evil
Joseph Smith's Book of Mormon (Jacob): polygamy is evil
Joseph and Hyrum publication in the newspaper 11 weeks before they're killed: polygamy is evil and you'll be excommunicated for it.
Joseph Smith a few days prior to his death: since the beginning I've been accused of having 7 wives but I can only find one
Emma for 35 years after his death: Joseph never had more than one wife.

Brigham 8 years after Joseph's death: Lookee what I found in my desk drawer! A hidden revelation from Joseph stating if you don't practice polygamy you can't get into the celestial kingdom. Abra Cadabra! Section 132! **nevermind that the aforementioned section 101 is still in the same D&C he's adding 132 to**

Being There: I can't figure out why Brigham Young is taking a little heat.
Finally some facts.
Isn’t peculiar throughout the rest scriptures where it talks about being sealed? Sealed to what? A wife? Several wives? Children? Nope. Being sealed BY the Holy Spirit of promise that you have eternal life. That is the only sealing you need. I’ve studied it for months.

“And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.“ Ephesians 4:30

“13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.“
Ephesians 1:13-14

“And who overcome by faith, and are sealed by the Holy Spirit of promise, which the Father sheds forth upon all those who are just and true.
54 They are they who are the church of the Firstborn.“ D&C 76:53-54

The church of the Firstborn is the church and order of Enoch. The church that all who have been sealed by the Holy Spirit of Promise come up to. This has not come to pass yet. Those who are qualified will be a part of this order when Zion and the church of Enoch comes down from heaven. Angels and other holy beings and the 144,000 will help bring this to pass.

Q.” What are we to understand by sealing the one hundred and forty-four thousand, out of all the tribes of Israel—twelve thousand out of every tribe?A. We are to understand that those who are sealed are high priests, ordained unto the holy order of God, to administer the everlasting gospel; for they are they who are ordained out of every nation, kindred, tongue, and people, by the angels to whom is given power over the nations of the earth, to bring as many as will come to the church of the Firstborn.“. D&C 77:11

gradles21
captain of 1,000

Post by gradles21 »

Church_of_the_Lamb wrote: April 20th, 2022, 12:55 pm
gradles21 wrote: April 20th, 2022, 12:36 pm
Luke wrote: April 20th, 2022, 11:02 am

I have often wondered if truth itself is actually being considered by people of your belief system, rather than whether one would be “excited” about the truth or not.
Sounds like someone needs a dictionary
His youngest wife was 15, he was 42. They had 5 kids together. He also had several 16 year old wives
This isn't complicated, 15 is post puberty therefore not pedophilia. A 15 year old young woman raised in an agrarian society would've been better prepared for marriage than most 30 year old women today.

Valheim
captain of 50

Post by Valheim »

gradles21 wrote: April 20th, 2022, 2:09 pm
Church_of_the_Lamb wrote: April 20th, 2022, 12:55 pm
gradles21 wrote: April 20th, 2022, 12:36 pm

Sounds like someone needs a dictionary
This isn't complicated, 15 is post puberty therefore not pedophilia. A 15 year old young woman raised in an agrarian society would've been better prepared for marriage than most 30 year old women today.
Indeed, people project a lot of modern age of marriage unto these times. The technical term is Ephebophilia if you are talking about modern day.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephebophilia

CuriousThinker
captain of 1,000

Post by CuriousThinker »

Sometimes you pin the blame on people because they are the ones to blame. If you research or even just watch the videos where they already did tons of research, it shows that Brigham altered many things to fit the narrative he wanted. It's some scary stuff.

FoundMyEden
captain of 1,000

Post by FoundMyEden »

Artaxerxes wrote: April 20th, 2022, 11:20 am
Church_of_the_Lamb wrote: April 20th, 2022, 10:56 am

I have often wondered if it was polyandry if all the men in the church would be so excited to support it.
I have often wondered if truth itself is actually being considered by people of your belief system, rather than whether one would be “excited” about the truth or not.
Screenshot_20220420-101924.png

Being married to more than one person is "literally adultery"?
I would think so because you can't be married to more than one person at a time unless you change the meaning of marriage being between one man and one woman. It's the same excuse gays and lesbians use to "marry" each other. They have to redefine what God defined as marriage.

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

FoundMyEden wrote: April 20th, 2022, 3:59 pm

I would think so because you can't be married to more than one person at a time unless you change the meaning of marriage being between one man and one woman. It's the same excuse gays and lesbians use to "marry" each other. They have to redefine what God defined as marriage.
When did God define marriage as between just one man and just one woman?

FoundMyEden
captain of 1,000

Post by FoundMyEden »

Church_of_the_Lamb wrote: April 20th, 2022, 10:56 am
Luke wrote: April 20th, 2022, 10:02 am
LDS Physician wrote: April 20th, 2022, 8:52 am Joseph Smith: polygamy is abominable
Joseph Smith's scriptures (then section 101): monogamy is the way of the church, polygamy is evil
Joseph and Hyrum publication in the newspaper 11 weeks before they're killed: polygamy is evil and you'll be excommunicated for it.
Joseph Smith a few days prior to his death: since the beginning I've been accused of having 7 wives but I can only find one

Brigham 8 years after Joseph's death: Lookee what I found in my desk drawer! A hidden revelation from Joseph stating if you don't practice polygamy you can't get into the celestial kingdom. Abra Cadabra! Section 132! **nevermind that the aforementioned section 101 is still in the same D&C he's adding 132 to**

This is obviously an oversimplified straw-man that doesn’t take into account all the evidence such as Biblical support for polygamy, and the fact of Joseph teaching and practising it in private.
I have often wondered if it was polyandry if all the men in the church would be so excited to support it.
Prolly so, but my guess is they would only be the effeminate ones.

gradles21
captain of 1,000

Post by gradles21 »

FoundMyEden wrote: April 20th, 2022, 3:59 pm

Marriage comes from the word matrimony, which in Latin means the making of a mother. Polygamy doesn't contradict this definition like "gay marriage" does.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

This is obviously an oversimplified straw-man that doesn’t take into account all the evidence such as Biblical support for polygamy, and the fact of Joseph teaching and practising it in private.
The Lord never commanded polygamy be lived in the scriptures. Not a single time. Other than BY and 132, which was falsified.

Please show me one instance of the Lord commanding it in scripture other than 132...

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 20th, 2022, 6:47 pm

The Lord never commanded polygamy be lived in the scriptures. Not a single time. Other than BY and 132, which was falsified.

Please show me one instance of the Lord commanding it in scripture other than 132...
I recall Jesus the son of God was not married or sealed. Was He exalted? Celestial?
Exaltation is an individual matter, not a family matter.

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

Mamabear wrote: April 20th, 2022, 7:12 pm

I recall Jesus the son of God was not married or sealed. Was He exalted? Celestial?
Where does it say he wasn't married?

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

To be honest, I think Mary Magdalena was his wife. There is a reason he appeared to her first near the tomb.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 20th, 2022, 7:36 pm

To be honest, I think Mary Magdalena was his wife. There is a reason he appeared to her first near the tomb.
Could be because she was a faithful disciple and he loved her just like he loved the apostles.
These scriptures intrigue me:

“But ​I would, brethren, that ye magnify your calling.​ I would have you without carefulness. For he who is unmarried, careth for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please the Lord; ​therefore he prevaileth.​
​​​33 ​But he who is married, careth for the things that are of the world, how he may please his wife; ​therefore there is a difference, for he is hindered.​
​​​38 ​So then he that giveth ​himself​ in marriage doeth well; but he that giveth ​himself​ not in marriage doeth better.“
1 Corinthians 7:32-33, 38
JST

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Mamabear wrote: April 20th, 2022, 7:43 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 20th, 2022, 7:36 pm

Could be because she was a faithful disciple and he loved her just like he loved the apostles.
These scriptures intrigue me:

“But ​I would, brethren, that ye magnify your calling.​ I would have you without carefulness. For he who is unmarried, careth for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please the Lord; ​therefore he prevaileth.​
​​​33 ​But he who is married, careth for the things that are of the world, how he may please his wife; ​therefore there is a difference, for he is hindered.​
​​​38 ​So then he that giveth ​himself​ in marriage doeth well; but he that giveth ​himself​ not in marriage doeth better.“
1 Corinthians 7:32-33, 38
JST
Mine is just a hunch… along with insights from friends. Marriage is a big deal. I think they were married and most likely had children.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

pin it ?

Post by BeNotDeceived »

nightlight wrote: April 19th, 2022, 9:21 pm
BeNotDeceived wrote: April 19th, 2022, 9:15 pm
Luke wrote: April 19th, 2022, 7:56 pm Why pin it on Brigham? Ignorance, and a desire for things which are true to be not true.
The number fifty seven may be said to be emblematic of the Davidic Servant.

And a 5.7 magnitude earthquake landed Moroni’s Instrument at an extraordinary minute.

The obvious conclusion is that the Angle Moroni was yet another contrivance of The Prophet Joseph Smith, Jr.
Try not to be deceptive. (Irony)

The number 57 is said by YOU to be emblematic of the Davidic Servant.
Lol nobody else says this.

Please don't say it like it's a thing. Be straight up.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/emblematic wrote:
: of, relating to, or constituting an emblem ...
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/emblem wrote:
3-b: a device, symbol, or figure adopted and used as an identifying mark
Yep sure do, because it describes things well, such as 5.7 on the richter scale, that identified silent letter H being skipped as Moroni ate it, as per the 2020 timing pattern at the linked extraordinary minute.

search.php?keywords=57ii will find many more with the first referring to the temple quake as being the ultimate "Mic Drop" where Mic is a homophone of Michael's nickname, although I prefer it with the CH like March 8 or 18th.

White Rhino, but not magnanimous magnitude. 🐳 CBNC x2

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: pin it ?

Post by nightlight »

BeNotDeceived wrote: April 20th, 2022, 8:24 pm
nightlight wrote: April 19th, 2022, 9:21 pm
BeNotDeceived wrote: April 19th, 2022, 9:15 pm
Luke wrote: April 19th, 2022, 7:56 pm Why pin it on Brigham? Ignorance, and a desire for things which are true to be not true.
The number fifty seven may be said to be emblematic of the Davidic Servant.

And a 5.7 magnitude earthquake landed Moroni’s Instrument at an extraordinary minute.

The obvious conclusion is that the Angle Moroni was yet another contrivance of The Prophet Joseph Smith, Jr.
Try not to be deceptive. (Irony)

The number 57 is said by YOU to be emblematic of the Davidic Servant.
Lol nobody else says this.

Please don't say it like it's a thing. Be straight up.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/emblematic wrote:
: of, relating to, or constituting an emblem ...
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/emblem wrote:
3-b: a device, symbol, or figure adopted and used as an identifying mark
Yep sure do, because it describes things well, such as 5.7 on the richter scale, that identified silent letter H being skipped as Moroni ate it, as per the 2020 timing pattern at the linked extraordinary minute.

search.php?keywords=57ii will find many more with the first referring to the temple quake as being the ultimate "Mic Drop" where Mic is a homophone of Michael's nickname, although I prefer it with the CH like March 8 or 18th.

White Rhino, but not magnanimous magnitude. 🐳 CBNC x2
👁️ 👁️

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

Flinging the accusatory term "strawman" at me doesn't mean it's true. There was no argument posted, so what I answered with couldn't be a strawman ploy.
Last edited by LDS Physician on April 21st, 2022, 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

Valheim wrote: April 20th, 2022, 11:52 am He gets a lot of undue criticism. What you have to remember is that he was president of the church for 30 years, and settled a completely new territory becoming its political leader as well. He had a monumental task. Polygamy and the race policy is what he is usually criticised for.

Brigham Young supervised the overland trek of 60,000 to 70,000 pioneers to the Salt Lake Valley from Illinois and other staging points, such as Iowa and Missouri, founded 350 to 400 settlements in Utah, Arizona, California, Idaho, Nevada and Wyoming, and established a system of land distribution later ratified by Congress.

In 1849, President Young established the Perpetual Emigration Fund to assist poor Latter-day Saint immigrants. The fund helped some 30,000 immigrants from the British Isles, Scandinavia, Switzerland, Germany and the Netherlands reach America — more than one-third of the total Latter-day Saint immigrants from Europe during that period.

Brigham Young also served two terms as the first territorial governor of Utah and as the first superintendent of Indian affairs of Utah Territory. In addition, he contracted for and assisted in building telegraph and railroad lines, established a broad range of industries and businesses — including America's first department store, Zions Cooperative Mercantile Institution — and was a proponent of giving women the right to vote.

Despite limited formal schooling, Brigham Young was an advocate of education. He founded the institutions that would later become Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah, and the University of Utah in Salt Lake City.

Brigham Young was also known for his practice of plural marriage. He married at least 20 women, 16 of whom bore him 57 children. The Church later rescinded plural marriage, and has not condoned the practice for more than 100 years. Today, the practicing of polygamy carries with it the penalty of excommunication.

https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.or ... gham-young
I find it ironic that polygamy is necessary to enter into the highest section of the CK, but you'll be excommunicated if you practice it.

Valheim
captain of 50

Post by Valheim »

LDS Physician wrote: April 21st, 2022, 5:45 am
Valheim wrote: April 20th, 2022, 11:52 am He gets a lot of undue criticism. What you have to remember is that he was president of the church for 30 years, and settled a completely new territory becoming its political leader as well. He had a monumental task. Polygamy and the race policy is what he is usually criticised for.

Brigham Young supervised the overland trek of 60,000 to 70,000 pioneers to the Salt Lake Valley from Illinois and other staging points, such as Iowa and Missouri, founded 350 to 400 settlements in Utah, Arizona, California, Idaho, Nevada and Wyoming, and established a system of land distribution later ratified by Congress.

In 1849, President Young established the Perpetual Emigration Fund to assist poor Latter-day Saint immigrants. The fund helped some 30,000 immigrants from the British Isles, Scandinavia, Switzerland, Germany and the Netherlands reach America — more than one-third of the total Latter-day Saint immigrants from Europe during that period.

Brigham Young also served two terms as the first territorial governor of Utah and as the first superintendent of Indian affairs of Utah Territory. In addition, he contracted for and assisted in building telegraph and railroad lines, established a broad range of industries and businesses — including America's first department store, Zions Cooperative Mercantile Institution — and was a proponent of giving women the right to vote.

Despite limited formal schooling, Brigham Young was an advocate of education. He founded the institutions that would later become Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah, and the University of Utah in Salt Lake City.

Brigham Young was also known for his practice of plural marriage. He married at least 20 women, 16 of whom bore him 57 children. The Church later rescinded plural marriage, and has not condoned the practice for more than 100 years. Today, the practicing of polygamy carries with it the penalty of excommunication.

I find it ironic that polygamy is necessary to enter into the highest section of the CK, but you'll be excommunicated if you practice it.
Its not necessary. Monogami is just as fine, unless you have been personally invited to I guess.

The Lord extended the same promised blessings of “exaltation in the eternal worlds” to faithful Saints who lived the principle of plural marriage (D&C 132:63; see also D&C 132:55), but celestial marriage—not plural marriage—is required for exaltation.
https://www.fairlatterdaysaints.org/ans ... ltation.3F
Last edited by Valheim on April 21st, 2022, 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

Valheim wrote: April 21st, 2022, 5:47 am

Its not necessary. Monogami is just as fine, unless you have been personally invited to I guess.

The Lord extended the same promised blessings of “exaltation in the eternal worlds” to faithful Saints who lived the principle of plural marriage (D&C 132:63; see also D&C 132:55), but celestial marriage—not plural marriage—is required for exaltation.
I'm greatly relieved that this contrived scripture says I'm safe in my monogamy.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Per the polygamy enthusiasts, you can only practice it if God tells you to directly. Like Brigham.
Oh wait, that didn’t happen. An “angel” commanded him.

Valheim
captain of 50

Post by Valheim »

LDS Physician wrote: April 21st, 2022, 5:50 am
Valheim wrote: April 21st, 2022, 5:47 am

I'm greatly relieved that this contrived scripture says I'm safe in my monogamy.
lol, you are welcome

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

Mamabear wrote: April 21st, 2022, 5:51 am

Per the polygamy enthusiasts, you can only practice it if God tells you to directly. Like Brigham.
Oh wait, that didn’t happen. An “angel” commanded him.
Did the same angel tell his second wife to leave her husband and children in England to marry Brigham as well -- without any sort of legal divorce? I'm waiting for section 139 to come out of Brigham Young's desk stating that polyandry is also a celestial thing.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

I'm still wondering about Brigham's prophecy during the GC where he announced 132. He said that any nation that didn't accept and live polygamy would essentially burn to the ground. I believe he also "prophesied" that it would be a standing commandment forever and never be taken from the earth (ie never stop being practiced among the saints).