Has anyone had a real NDE

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Has anyone had a real NDE

Post by Niemand »

The main thing I have a problem with is the tunnel thing because it is apparently possible to induce a tunnel effect with drugs.

However the out of the body experience is common. People often see things which they couldn't see if they were in their body. There is no decent evolutionary explanation for that, for the scientific sceptic types (there is at least one on here or was).

Where things get shaky is that there is an overlap between NDEs and supposed alien abductions. Some people claim to see grey aliens when they die. I know a lot of people say these are not ETs but demons. Maybe. Others when they are about to die see so called shadow people - similar - and some get visions of Hell. It's not all peace and light necessarily.

But the common elements tend to include OBE, tunnels, light, seeing dead people they've known, feeling love, seeing a guide and so on. The only element that ties in with the "see what you want" thing is that the guide can appear differently to people of different religions. We tend to assume Jesus, others claim Krishna etc.

Mindfields
captain of 1,000

Post by Mindfields »

Those of you that have had a NDE I mean no disrespect. It was your experience and you are free to interpret it as you please. In general I don't believe the majority of the ones that I've read are real.
Last edited by Mindfields on March 23rd, 2022, 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Mindfields wrote: March 23rd, 2022, 5:01 am Those of you that have had a NDE I mean no disrespect. I was your experience and you are free to interpret it as you please. In general I don't believe the majority of the ones that I've read are real.
Let's define terms here.

What do you mean by "real"?

* They never really died?
* They made it up?
* They imagined it all?
* They mistook a physiological experience for a spiritual one?
* They are influenced exclusively by cultural biases?

The last one isn't really true as the same features can be found in many different cultures and (non-)belief systems which have had little or no contact with each other. This meme is often repeated, but the only culture specific thing is the Guide or Psychopomp (if you want to use the correct word).

Imagination and lying don't cover it all either.

The physiological explanation also doesn't account for the OBE aspect.

Mindfields
captain of 1,000

Post by Mindfields »

* They never really died? I'll assume they most likely died
* They made it up? Possibly
* They imagined it all? Possibly but more likely they were mistaken
* They mistook a physiological experience for a spiritual one? Very likely
* They are influenced exclusively by cultural biases? Isn't everyone to some degree?

OPMissionary
captain of 100

Post by OPMissionary »

gruden2.0 wrote: March 22nd, 2022, 5:02 pm
Mindfields wrote: March 22nd, 2022, 4:59 am The biggest issue I see with NDE is that fact that Mormon's see what they expect to see, Catholics see what they expect to see, Muslims see what they expect to see. If NDE's actually happened then shouldn't everyone have the same experience even if they didn't understand what they were experiencing at the time?
This keeps coming up and it isn't really accurate.

Yes, if you pass on, you're more likely to meet someone you're somehow aware of. The most common people one meets is family members who have passed on. This is one element common amongst ALL NDEs, no matter one's cultural or socio-economic background. Dr. Moody was the first to study this, and I understand other have as well, that there are basic elements across all NDEs. There is more in common than not.
Yes from what I've seen there is actually a surprising thread of commonality among people who have died and come back to life.

Now in my personal opinion people that think they saw Jesus are probably mistaken. Jesus is not in the spirit world right now, he is awaiting his return in perfect flesh. It was probably something other than Christ. Same goes for people who think they saw Mohammed, Buddha, or anything else. To me that's where the projecting of belief comes into play.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

OPMissionary wrote: March 23rd, 2022, 8:52 am Now in my personal opinion people that think they saw Jesus are probably mistaken. Jesus is not in the spirit world right now, he is awaiting his return in perfect flesh.
What environment defines the world of spirits? Is it only spirits, or is it a combination of spirits and resurrected beings? I'm pretty sure Christ can visit whomever he wishes... ;)

Teancum
captain of 100

Post by Teancum »

To God all things are possible, even the transcending of space and linear time that we as mortals cannot comprehend or even if we do, cannot comprehend them fully (i.e. all things are present before God, time is measured differently, etc...etc.).

What we may see might seem to violate our understanding of the constraints of this sphere of existence, but that does not make it any less real or true.

I would say, lets get a handle on this life, and live it to the best of our abilities before we try to grasp the next one.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Mindfields wrote: March 22nd, 2022, 4:59 am The biggest issue I see with NDE is that fact that Mormon's see what they expect to see, Catholics see what they expect to see, Muslims see what they expect to see. If NDE's actually happened then shouldn't everyone have the same experience even if they didn't understand what they were experiencing at the time?
When your child wants to understand how the engine in the car works, do you explain it compared to what you know or to what your child can compare it with and understand? If spirit messengers are trying to help us they have to communicate with us using what we already know.

OPMissionary
captain of 100

Post by OPMissionary »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: March 23rd, 2022, 9:00 am
OPMissionary wrote: March 23rd, 2022, 8:52 am Now in my personal opinion people that think they saw Jesus are probably mistaken. Jesus is not in the spirit world right now, he is awaiting his return in perfect flesh.
What environment defines the world of spirits? Is it only spirits, or is it a combination of spirits and resurrected beings? I'm pretty sure Christ can visit whomever he wishes... ;)
Exactly, he can appear to anyone. So why would he wait to visit people just because they died briefly? If he had an important message to give them then he would do so regardless of their mortal status.

And yes I think it's only spirits in the spirit world. Resurrected beings are for the millennium.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

OPMissionary wrote: March 23rd, 2022, 1:12 pm And yes I think it's only spirits in the spirit world. Resurrected beings are for the millennium.
It depends... how many creation periods have there been. Is the resurrection infinite... can we take more than one body? The Ascension of Isaiah would suggest otherwise.

Baurak Ale
Nauvoo Legion Captain

Post by Baurak Ale »

OPMissionary wrote: March 23rd, 2022, 8:52 am

Yes, if you pass on, you're more likely to meet someone you're somehow aware of. The most common people one meets is family members who have passed on. This is one element common amongst ALL NDEs, no matter one's cultural or socio-economic background. Dr. Moody was the first to study this, and I understand other have as well, that there are basic elements across all NDEs. There is more in common than not.
Yes from what I've seen there is actually a surprising thread of commonality among people who have died and come back to life.

Now in my personal opinion people that think they saw Jesus are probably mistaken. Jesus is not in the spirit world right now, he is awaiting his return in perfect flesh. It was probably something other than Christ. Same goes for people who think they saw Mohammed, Buddha, or anything else. To me that's where the projecting of belief comes into play.
D&C 138 appears to demonstrate that translated and resurrected beings can interact within the spirit world at will. We could too as mortals if we knew how since we’re swimming in it anyway.

OPMissionary
captain of 100

Post by OPMissionary »

Baurak Ale wrote: March 23rd, 2022, 3:56 pm
OPMissionary wrote: March 23rd, 2022, 8:52 am

D&C 138 appears to demonstrate that translated and resurrected beings can interact within the spirit world at will. We could too as mortals if we knew how since we’re swimming in it anyway.
That's probably true. I'm still not convinced the first person everyone sees when they die is going to be Jesus. His "big reveal" happens at the end of the tribulation whether you're dead or alive. Those who qualify will be resurrected then.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

dreamtheater76 wrote: March 22nd, 2022, 12:23 pm I should have but I didn't die from falling between about 80-100 feet off a cliff on a snowmobile and neither did the woman I was on a date with at the time who was driving. This was over 20 years ago. When I hit the ground I questioned immediately if I was dead yet and realized I miraculously wasn't. I thought the woman I was with was surely dead and was releaved she wasn't.
I have known a quite a number of people who have had near death experiences. In every case they only had a glimpse of something. None of them are writing books.
Too many NDE books are fraudulent and I don't pay attention to them anymore. I'm not saying they all are but since it became a phenomenon to write these books I have not read any that have convinced me to be believable.
After everything that happened with Julie Rowe and the Chad Daybell circle I'm very convinced how dangerous a lot of this stuff is.
so you don't believe that people who have once received the HG and its gifts can forget the Lord and stray from his teachings? . . . . you believe that once converted, or getting spiritual experiences then you are sealed from apostasy or hard heartedness. . . that satan can no longer tempt you or lead you astray . . . after spiritual experiences? . . . . Anyone can fall . . .that does not cancel out the fact that God gives many people spiritual experience as he calls them to repentance. . . they who have been called with these spiritual experiences, then have their agency to choose which way they may go . . .

the large and spacious building mocks all who have had spiritual experiences . . . it is possible at any time to let go of the rod . . . and join the people in the large and spacious building

odd that you would be disappointed in people who fall to satan . . . . its very mortal of them and one must have constant vigilance to keep holding the iron rod . . . their falling or letting go of the rod doesn't cancel out their experience nor make it fake . . .

possoble some of the people Jesus healed when he was on the earth went astray after they experienced healing . . . just saying

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

harakim wrote: March 22nd, 2022, 11:52 pm
No one sees objective reality. They experience the truth at some level but then they explain it through sight, sound, smell, touch, etc. This is an old one, but how do you know you see the same color as everyone else? How do you know what you call purple, someone else doesn't see as blue? And it's like that with everything that is not the underlying reality. Our senses are an interpretation of what is going on, not the actual reality. So maybe all of those people who died had the same experiences, but they interpreted them through their own lens. It's like when you dream about a friend. You're really having an experience, It's just not actually the friend in the dream. It's possibly someone or just a memory of a feeling, but your brain explains it by show you your friend. Real life is exactly the same.
I think you are explaining things as we seein this world . . .when we view the things of God then we see with different eyes. . . I like to think he tells us all the same things . . .those truths that will lead us back to him . . . and those truths are what we need to know to repent and survive this life

my observation is that every NDE that I have read or heard . . . caused the person to take stock in themself (so to speak), learn new information and change their lives for the better. . . of course, if someone didn't appreciate the NDE they might not tell their experience to us, so don't know about that

everyone that I have read or heard also described the love of Christ . . .

dreamtheater76
captain of 100

Post by dreamtheater76 »

EvanLM wrote: March 23rd, 2022, 4:59 pm
dreamtheater76 wrote: March 22nd, 2022, 12:23 pm I should have but I didn't die from falling between about 80-100 feet off a cliff on a snowmobile and neither did the woman I was on a date with at the time who was driving. This was over 20 years ago. When I hit the ground I questioned immediately if I was dead yet and realized I miraculously wasn't. I thought the woman I was with was surely dead and was releaved she wasn't.
I have known a quite a number of people who have had near death experiences. In every case they only had a glimpse of something. None of them are writing books.
Too many NDE books are fraudulent and I don't pay attention to them anymore. I'm not saying they all are but since it became a phenomenon to write these books I have not read any that have convinced me to be believable.
After everything that happened with Julie Rowe and the Chad Daybell circle I'm very convinced how dangerous a lot of this stuff is.
so you don't believe that people who have once received the HG and its gifts can forget the Lord and stray from his teachings? . . . . you believe that once converted, or getting spiritual experiences then you are sealed from apostasy or hard heartedness. . . that satan can no longer tempt you or lead you astray . . . after spiritual experiences? . . . . Anyone can fall . . .that does not cancel out the fact that God gives many people spiritual experience as he calls them to repentance. . . they who have been called with these spiritual experiences, then have their agency to choose which way they may go . . .

the large and spacious building mocks all who have had spiritual experiences . . . it is possible at any time to let go of the rod . . . and join the people in the large and spacious building

odd that you would be disappointed in people who fall to satan . . . . its very mortal of them and one must have constant vigilance to keep holding the iron rod . . . their falling or letting go of the rod doesn't cancel out their experience nor make it fake . . .

possoble some of the people Jesus healed when he was on the earth went astray after they experienced healing . . . just saying
I believe what people have told me that I know personally who have had a NDE. Every story I have heard from a good number of people have been short. I don't think they can tell it for over a couple minutes time.
I just have not been convinced with any of the books I have read being truth. Unfortunately NDE have been a growing phenomenon and there are some frauds out there that made me lose any interest in reading these books at all. I didn't gain any faith or find myself closer to the Lord reading any of these books.
People who I know personally have borne witness to me things and I felt something entirely different than reading any of these books.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

I once got to shake hands with Orrin Hatch...closest thing to a NDE.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

tribrac wrote: March 23rd, 2022, 5:27 pm I once got to shake hands with Orrin Hatch...closest thing to a NDE.
😂😂

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

I believe that people can have NDE's, and have had them; but I generally put zero stock in what they say about them, though some things can be helpful to them and others.

I believe it's likely a state induced by death. I generally don't believe the visions, the teachings, etc. as gospel truth or anything near it.

I will distinguish that a few people do have spiritual experiences after death, then return; and that the Spirit can use the event's situations to teach or show.

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Post by Momma J »

Not exactly a near death experience, but an oddity for me. Yesterday I was watering my potato plants when I became extremely dizzy. I began to stumble forward and thought I was going to fall. I heard a voice, but it was more like a "feeling" of the words Go Back. I blinked and the dizziness was gone completely. No bright lights. No one in robes... just a voice.

Not sure what it was. My husband thinks I have a tumor. :!:

madvin
captain of 1,000

Post by madvin »

My wife had one when she was a teenager. She and her parents were driving in a van that had an exhaust leak, which leaked into the van. Her dad was driving and when he realized what was happening, he quickly pulled over and flung all the doors open. The two women (my wife and her mom) were asleep in the back so he dragged them both out and away from the van.

My wife said at that moment, it was as if she was above the van, looking down at the scene as if watching a play. She saw her dad fling her body away from the van, revive her mom and then go back to her to try to revive her.

She said the next thing she knew, she was in his arms, wet with his tears, and in awful pain. Everything hurt.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Momma J wrote: April 8th, 2022, 5:55 am Not exactly a near death experience, but an oddity for me. Yesterday I was watering my potato plants when I became extremely dizzy. I began to stumble forward and thought I was going to fall. I heard a voice, but it was more like a "feeling" of the words Go Back. I blinked and the dizziness was gone completely. No bright lights. No one in robes... just a voice.

Not sure what it was. My husband thinks I have a tumor. :!:
giphy (6).gif
giphy (6).gif (1.9 MiB) Viewed 241 times

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

A bout 3 years ago I was loaned a book written in the year 2000 entitled "The Message" by the late Lance Richardson (who died in 2004), in which he relates an NDE during which he met a group of men who had died in the Revolutionary and Civil Wars. The spokesman for the group said "We have given our all for the preservation of the United States of America, in order that the Zion of the last days may one day be built upon her soil. We continue to serve God in this effort, working upon the people of this nation to continue to choose sovereignty, peace, and freedom based upon the inalienable rights granted by God. We have, and are still, giving our all. Now what are you doing for this cause ?" Brother Richardson concluded the chapter of the book (14) with the statement "And so I must herald their message, and eco the question they posed to me, 'Now, what are you doing for this cause?' Someday, I believe, we will answer at the very judgement bar of God concerning how we have used these profound blessings."

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

OPMissionary wrote: March 23rd, 2022, 8:52 am Yes from what I've seen there is actually a surprising thread of commonality among people who have died and come back to life.

We need to be careful about being too orthodox or rigid in what we believe. I once had a dream where I witnessed Jesus greeting those who were entering the spirit world. Those who build a strong relationship with Jesus in mortality can reasonably expect He will greet them and recognize them when they pass on. It is a happy reunion. Faith in Jesus is rewarded.

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

JohnnyL wrote: March 25th, 2022, 12:49 pm I believe that people can have NDE's, and have had them; but I generally put zero stock in what they say about them, though some things can be helpful to them and others.

I believe it's likely a state induced by death. I generally don't believe the visions, the teachings, etc. as gospel truth or anything near it.

I will distinguish that a few people do have spiritual experiences after death, then return; and that the Spirit can use the event's situations to teach or show.
The way I've come to look at it is that NDEs are, in many cases, ways of spiritual communications and experiences when all else fails. If God is having a hard time reaching you because of disbelief, etc., then something like this could happen if the situation warrants it in order to deliver a message to help someone fulfill their mortal responsibilities. There could certainly be other reasons as well.

It also seems clear that because so few people are having spiritual experiences there are a lot of itchy ears for things like this, and I suspect the Deep State and unscrupulous people take advantage of that.

OPMissionary
captain of 100

Post by OPMissionary »

gruden2.0 wrote: April 8th, 2022, 11:08 am
OPMissionary wrote: March 23rd, 2022, 8:52 am Yes from what I've seen there is actually a surprising thread of commonality among people who have died and come back to life.

We need to be careful about being too orthodox or rigid in what we believe. I once had a dream where I witnessed Jesus greeting those who were entering the spirit world. Those who build a strong relationship with Jesus in mortality can reasonably expect He will greet them and recognize them when they pass on. It is a happy reunion. Faith in Jesus is rewarded.
I believe you can see Christ's face in this life if you've built that strong of a communion.