So if you believe things might "Hit the fan " what are you doing?

For discussion related to emergency preparedness, survival, self-sufficiency, food and water storage, guns, heat, light, building, gardening, etc.
KittyRose
captain of 10

Re: So if you believe things might "Hit the fan " what are you doing?

Post by KittyRose »

Sunain wrote: June 18th, 2016, 11:49 am Relief Society used to have Homemaking Meetings where they'd help others learn how to can food, learn how to rotate goods, small garden growing help/advice and food storage advice. Anyone's wards still doing that? I haven't see my local wards do this at all in years.
I know this thread is old, but it's more relevant now than ever. The last few years I went to church, any time you mentioned preparedness, it was met with deaf ears and disinterest. I remember those amazing Homemaking meetings where we learned how to do stuff and to use our stores. They are no more. Now, all they want to do is book club, game nights, spa nights, or girls nights out. How is that going to help our sisters be ready should disaster strike? Maybe they'll be more relaxed and feel pretty? I've gotten the "it's too scary to think about" comment as well, way more times than I'd hope to hear from LDS women whose pioneer heritage should have taught them better. Too scary to me is the idea of watching the people I love starve to death because I was too busy doing my nails and getting a facial to learn how to survive in hard times. Makes me sad...

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

KittyRose wrote: January 11th, 2022, 2:58 pm
Sunain wrote: June 18th, 2016, 11:49 am Relief Society used to have Homemaking Meetings where they'd help others learn how to can food, learn how to rotate goods, small garden growing help/advice and food storage advice. Anyone's wards still doing that? I haven't see my local wards do this at all in years.
I know this thread is old, but it's more relevant now than ever. The last few years I went to church, any time you mentioned preparedness, it was met with deaf ears and disinterest. I remember those amazing Homemaking meetings where we learned how to do stuff and to use our stores. They are no more. Now, all they want to do is book club, game nights, spa nights, or girls nights out. How is that going to help our sisters be ready should disaster strike? Maybe they'll be more relaxed and feel pretty? I've gotten the "it's too scary to think about" comment as well, way more times than I'd hope to hear from LDS women whose pioneer heritage should have taught them better. Too scary to me is the idea of watching the people I love starve to death because I was too busy doing my nails and getting a facial to learn how to survive in hard times. Makes me sad...
It is what it is....

See it in my congregation in rural Idaho which is/was very high % LDS community...rampant LGBT issues and influencers...new age...younger teachers telling the kids it's ok to get tattoos and they shouldn't come to church if their parents are forcing them in anyway or they don't believe...older nearly retired Sunday school president and former gospel doctrine instructor popping off quotes from Marianne Williamson he keeps in his scriptures...

Directly reminded by leaders that parents are responsible for teaching their children...not the church.

And I reckon one could say the same about preparedness...individuals/families are responsible for their own salvation...both spiritual and physical. Reap what they sow...

...not even touching upon the Covid political theatre....
The broad movement from which Williamson emerges has had many names: New Age, New Thought, New Spirituality, Human Potential, Higher Consciousness. It’s also a movement that has mostly been politically agnostic (probably because, in addition to purporting to help people, it is a profitable industry, with books, seminars, audio recordings, videos, and world tours). Even if Williamson is polling at less than two per cent, she represents something that feels new: the entrance of this spiritual movement into electoral politics.
https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-des ... he-new-age
It was a milestone recently to see the spiritual author Marianne Williamson as a candidate in the Democratic presidential primaries on the debate stage. Her message of love and her plan to transform the politics of fear and divisiveness in the United States reached a very large audience and resonated with millions of people. Even if she didn’t get to be the Democratic nominee, this is an important step in the process of getting the United States closer to expressing their soul qualities. Her rise to become a candidate should serve as inspiration to potential political candidates all over the world who have the same mission: to strengthen the “soul” of their nation. It is these candidates political organizers should support.
https://www.lucistrust.org/uploads/worl ... 2019EN.pdf
A bright New Spirituality is beckoning seekers everywhere. It promises peace, pleasure, power and oneness with the Divine. It envisions a cosmic evolution that will usher in a glorious Kingdom of God on earth. And it's rapidly spreading a contagious new "consciousness" that will (so they say) unite all Life -- except disbelieving resisters -- into a single Global Mind.

Popularized by Oprah, its positive, people-pleasing image is challenging churches everywhere to emerge from their Biblical ways and flow with the change. Tearing down divisive old boundaries, it flings its doors open to the world's tantalizing attractions. After all, the New Spirituality knows neither sin nor guilt!

No wonder today's restless, thrill-seeking world is flocking to popular authors such as Eckhart Tolle, Marianne Williamson, William Young and others. Captivated by their books and promises, the masses have learned to love "the beautiful side of evil." Drawn by "deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons" (1 Timothy 4:1), few even realize they are trading Truth for lies.

Oprah isn't the only guru for this New Spirituality. A worldwide web of "partners" and networks have joined hands to speed this transformation. Even a staunch communist like Mikhail Gorbachev is part of this vast occult movement. Calling for "a global consciousness,"[4] he invited countless occult leaders to participate in his State of the World Forums back in the nineties.

One of Gorbachev's guests was Ervin Laszlo, founder of the globalist Club of Budapest and a leading member of the Club of Rome founded by David Rockefeller. Dr. Laszlo has been a major advocate for "systems thinking" -- the mystical interconnectedness behind the New Spirituality.

Barbara Marx Hubbard, another Gorbachev "guest," had written a counterfeit version of the Bible's book of Revelation. Dictated by a deceiving "voice" called "Christ," it predicts that a "collective transformation" would occur when a "critical mass" of "individuals align to shift the basic thought form of earth from fear and separation to unity."[5] If humanity cooperates with the plan, each human "mind will be consciously connected with the Mind of God."[6] Those who resist would be "selected" for destruction.

Today, this teaching is seeping into mainstream America -- not because the masses are listening to Barbara Marx Hubbard, but because her demonic source also inspires their favorite authors. Occultism cloaked in feel-good "Christianese" has become part of today's common language.
https://www.crossroad.to/articles2/08/n ... uality.htm

SPIRITUALITY SECTOR
  • http://www.consciousevolutionboston.org ... ector.html

...2025 here we come...buckle up because it's going to be quite the ride as all the marketing of evil gets laid aside to reveal the underbelly of the beast...and the hearts of men fail them....

...meanwhile...

Here's why grocery stores are struggling to stock their empty shelves
    https://abc7.com/grocery-shortages-2022 ... /11455357/

Here's why there are empty shelves in your local grocery store
    https://thehill.com/changing-america/we ... cery-store

Not finding what you want at the grocery store again? Here’s why
    https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/bus ... 22592.html

Grocery stores are having trouble refilling their empty shelves
    https://daily-trends-us.blogspot.com/20 ... ouble.html

DCist explains why shelves are bare at Giant and other grocery stores
    https://www.foresthillsconnection.com/n ... ry-stores/

Grocery store shelves empty amid supply chain disruptions, weather
    https://news.yahoo.com/grocery-store-sh ... 20752.html
    One of the largest grocery chains in the Midwest has announced that it will now have armed security guards at its stores during operating hours. Hy-Vee, which runs more than 240 locations across eight states, says its new security staff will be largely comprised of former law enforcement officers and will be equipped with pistols, tasers and bulletproof vests, with at least one guard at each location.
    https://www.kshb.com/hy-vee-grocery-cha ... ds-stores/
    I came home from Publix Wednesday and showed y husband pictures that I tookof the frozen food cases and the almost empty toilet paper aisle. Forget cat food. Walmart, Target and Publix have empty cat food shelves. I am going to try PetsMart today. One funny thing here. In 2020 at the height of the great toilet paper shortage I thought that I has scored big time in getting a large package of Scott tissue online. Turned out to be 1 ply almost see through. It was for RVs. So it stayed in the closet as the toilet paper of last resort. We decided to toss it on Wednesday morning. It was in a bag ready for the recycle bin. When I showed my husband the picture of the empty toilet paper aisle he got the Scott paper out of the bag for recycle and put it back in the closet.
    https://community.qvc.com/t5/Community- ... -p/7296095
    Costco Chief Financial Officer Richard Galanti previously revealed that the warehouse chain was chartering three ocean vessels to transport thousands of items from overseas in 2022. "Every ship can carry 800 to 1,000 containers at a time, and we'll make approximately 10 deliveries during the course of the next year," he said on a Q4 earnings call that took place on Sept. 23.

At the same time, grocery and restaurant leaders are reporting delays of not weeks but months. In addition to dwindling supplies, businesses are also feeling the heat from inflation and labor shortages, according to the Cape Cod Times.
    https://www.eatthis.com/news-grocery-st ... n=msn-feed

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Jason wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 8:45 am https://1lib.us/

...everything from DIY weapons/explosives to plumbing/construction to gardening/farming to tech skills...and lots of garbage of course...

...5 downloads a day anonymous...10 downloads a day by creating an account and signing in...a small donation gets you 999 downloads a day for 30 days when they run their special promotions a couple times a year...

...one can very quickly build quite a library of essential skills on flash drives...

...Epub's can be renamed zipped files and unzipped for more ready access to data...cut n paste...etc
https://u1lib.org/

Wondering Wendy
captain of 100

Post by Wondering Wendy »

Ok, I read this somewhere so I thought I'd pass it along. If things do hit the fan, and there is actual war or invasion, there is a chance that some people will have to go into hiding. If that happens, they will still need to hunt for food.

So, people might want to think about getting some sort of hunting weapon that is silent or quiet, as the sound of a gunshot might alert nearby enemies. So, maybe a bow, pellet gun, or a silencer for your guns. That kind of thing. Anyway, just something to consider. :idea:

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Post by Momma J »

I FINALLY got my greenhouse!!! My seedlings for my garden are doing great (except the peppers) I have starts for tomatoes, squash, cucumbers, onions, pumpkins, melons, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, and many herbs.

This is the first year that I am trying potatoes in grow bags. If it is a success, I will be able to have a pretty good crop growing twice a year. Apple, peach, and plum trees are planted.

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Post by Momma J »

I have a little left in my budget this month and decided to add more beans and grain form the church store. They are out!

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Wondering Wendy wrote: January 13th, 2022, 3:33 pm Ok, I read this somewhere so I thought I'd pass it along. If things do hit the fan, and there is actual war or invasion, there is a chance that some people will have to go into hiding. If that happens, they will still need to hunt for food.

So, people might want to think about getting some sort of hunting weapon that is silent or quiet, as the sound of a gunshot might alert nearby enemies. So, maybe a bow, pellet gun, or a silencer for your guns. That kind of thing. Anyway, just something to consider. :idea:
...silence is golden...

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

I'm still waiting to see if it is a hard, dry pebble $#!%, a sticky greasy $#!%, or a real explosive watery $#!%.

Different $#!% will interact with the fan differently.

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Post by Momma J »

I started putting out feed for wild chickens. My neighbors said that they keep theirs' in the coops now because of the eagles. We have seen a few while walking through our wooded area. Yesterday I stumbled on a broody hen and her clutch
wild broody hen.jpg
wild broody hen.jpg (219.78 KiB) Viewed 357 times
broody clutch.jpg
broody clutch.jpg (162.27 KiB) Viewed 357 times

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Post by Momma J »

Saturday evening I hilled my potatoes. Monday morning we were hit with a big storm 2 inches of rain and strong winds. When I got home from work I looked at the potatoes. They loved the weather and had grown another 6-8" in two days! I hilled them again.