Has anyone had a real NDE

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
762X545
captain of 100

Has anyone had a real NDE

Post by 762X545 »

Just wondering if anyone has actually, truly died and what did you see? I would like to read real stories not "kind of," died or "I got knocked out and saw..." Real actual come back from death stories from real actual people it happened to. If there is any interest I'll tell my tale but I would like to read yours first.

XEmilyX
captain of 1,000

Re: Has anyone had a real NDE

Post by XEmilyX »

My friend wrote the book "the burning within" her name is ranelle wallace. She saw jesus, joseph smith, her grandmother and learned a lot in the spirit world. :)

randyps
captain of 100

Post by randyps »

My friend collapsed during a lunch break from food poisoning, got rushed to the ER, they opened up his chest, he said he saw the room and all the doctors operating on him, he turned to walk down a tunel toward a light and a sillouette of a person that he felt was his cousin told him to turn around and go back. He woke up in the hospital bed after the surgery.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

There are many real stories, from real people that could be posted,
But I highly doubt you'll find many here that have actually had a real NDE.
Also, what I've found, is that most here are very closed minded, and critical to peoples stories of their NDES.

Refraction75
captain of 100

Post by Refraction75 »

I believe NDE are legit.

Mindfields
captain of 1,000

Post by Mindfields »

The biggest issue I see with NDE is that fact that Mormon's see what they expect to see, Catholics see what they expect to see, Muslims see what they expect to see. If NDE's actually happened then shouldn't everyone have the same experience even if they didn't understand what they were experiencing at the time?

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

have heard the winds and seen the tunnel but never gone through the tunnel . . .was brought back to life by priesthood twice due to medical conditions

was in a coma for over a week after a car wreck but can't recall leaving my body

these NDTs are true . . . as true as Alma the younger's experience with the other side . . . his experience with hell and forgiveness

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

now this is my opinion . . . these people do oonot see christ or experience his arms around them only in the form of proxy . . . there are great angels such as Adam and Eve and regular saints that exist in the world of spirits . . .they have tremendous power and are sent to rescue the wicked and preach to those in the spirit world . . . proof is in D&C revelations to pres smith . . .

so these great spirits have so mcuh power that those who experience these NDTs are visited by these great spirits . . these great spirit can project the LOVE of Jesus Christ . . .a gift given to them . . so when they meet those in the NDT death . . . then, they can give this great love to that spirit . . . those who are dead experience Christ's love as if it were himself . . . .

our scriptures regarding this world, from the D&C, tells us that Christ doesn't go into that world but sends his messengers. . . . the dead can experience the hell or the love of Christ, or both, as Alma explained . . . .

I do have an intellectual testimony of this church as well as a spiritual testimony as I believe in the gifts and the HG and the spirit of Christ being given to man to do his work. . .

I have prayed to have this love of Christ and that those who I hug or talk to would actually experience that as His love

Dave62
destroyer of hopes & dreams

Post by Dave62 »

Mindfields wrote: March 22nd, 2022, 4:59 am The biggest issue I see with NDE is that fact that Mormon's see what they expect to see, Catholics see what they expect to see, Muslims see what they expect to see. If NDE's actually happened then shouldn't everyone have the same experience even if they didn't understand what they were experiencing at the time?
What you are dealing with here, Mindfields, is a function of Agency. The only commonalities of NDEs are consciousness after death and usually meeting a being of indescribable love, and also the notion of returning back to mortality. No one is forced to acknowledge Jesus and His divinity. They are entitled to consider the being who greats them as one who fits their mortal world view. People are only required to accept the divinity of Jesus at His second coming when He returns as King. People who enter the spirit world have the integrity of the agency completely preserved, unless, of course, they are an atheist who would be forced to concede the fact of life after death.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

Mindfields wrote: March 22nd, 2022, 4:59 am The biggest issue I see with NDE is that fact that Mormon's see what they expect to see, Catholics see what they expect to see, Muslims see what they expect to see. If NDE's actually happened then shouldn't everyone have the same experience even if they didn't understand what they were experiencing at the time?
I think that Jesus or his messenger tries to use imagery as well as actual events to help the person gain an understanding . . .so, I read of a woman who saw her guardian angels as monks . . . she had been raised int he catholic church so she would understand the symbolism here . . .

that surgeon who is so popular . . eben or whatever his name is . . kept seeing himself as a worm . . he never got it . . he wasn't as great as he thought and God had much to teach his little worm mind . . .but, he has responded differently and is still thinking, that, as a great doctor, he has nothing to learn. . . just saying

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

I've read many NDEs. Some have definitely been declared dead and come back to life. I have a book about one of those. He was dead for twenty something minutes, according to the book.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

EvanLM wrote: March 22nd, 2022, 6:08 am now this is my opinion . . . these people do oonot see christ or experience his arms around them only in the form of proxy . . . there are great angels such as Adam and Eve and regular saints that exist in the world of spirits . . .they have tremendous power and are sent to rescue the wicked and preach to those in the spirit world . . . proof is in D&C revelations to pres smith . . .

so these great spirits have so mcuh power that those who experience these NDTs are visited by these great spirits . . these great spirit can project the LOVE of Jesus Christ . . .a gift given to them . . so when they meet those in the NDT death . . . then, they can give this great love to that spirit . . . those who are dead experience Christ's love as if it were himself . . . .

our scriptures regarding this world, from the D&C, tells us that Christ doesn't go into that world but sends his messengers. . . . the dead can experience the hell or the love of Christ, or both, as Alma explained . . . .

I do have an intellectual testimony of this church as well as a spiritual testimony as I believe in the gifts and the HG and the spirit of Christ being given to man to do his work. . .

I have prayed to have this love of Christ and that those who I hug or talk to would actually experience that as His love
I love your thoughts here. One thing to consider is that Adam and Eve (and some others) are not in the world of spirits because they were resurrected at the time of Christ's resurrection.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

oh, sorry, I thought they were sent to the world of spirits to teach . . .I'll have to go back and read it . . . .

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

Yes, the righteous were organized by the Lord to preach the gospel in the world of spirits. There is a mystery here. I believe some were resurrected, a line of descendants going down to Joseph in Egypt, possibly Ephraim and Manasseh. The righteous after that time were not resurrected, but are still in the world of spirits awaiting their resurrection. And it is they who are preaching the gospel there. The resurrected are sitting on their thrones as described in the Doctrine and Covenants.

dreamtheater76
captain of 100

Post by dreamtheater76 »

I should have but I didn't die from falling between about 80-100 feet off a cliff on a snowmobile and neither did the woman I was on a date with at the time who was driving. This was over 20 years ago. When I hit the ground I questioned immediately if I was dead yet and realized I miraculously wasn't. I thought the woman I was with was surely dead and was releaved she wasn't.
I have known a quite a number of people who have had near death experiences. In every case they only had a glimpse of something. None of them are writing books.
Too many NDE books are fraudulent and I don't pay attention to them anymore. I'm not saying they all are but since it became a phenomenon to write these books I have not read any that have convinced me to be believable.
After everything that happened with Julie Rowe and the Chad Daybell circle I'm very convinced how dangerous a lot of this stuff is.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Then atheists should see nothing. Except they do.

Many people leave their body, even when they don't believe in a soul or after life.

And some people see things that they do not expect, like going to hell or even seeing grey "aliens" in the afterlife (I watched a video on the latter- very curious)

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

762X545 wrote: March 21st, 2022, 7:58 pm Just wondering if anyone has actually, truly died and what did you see? I would like to read real stories not "kind of," died or "I got knocked out and saw..." Real actual come back from death stories from real actual people it happened to. If there is any interest I'll tell my tale but I would like to read yours first.
You mean "healed from death" stories??

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Being There wrote: March 21st, 2022, 11:51 pm There are many real stories, from real people that could be posted,
But I highly doubt you'll find many here that have actually had a real NDE.
Also, what I've found, is that most here are very closed minded, and critical to peoples stories of their NDES.
Closed minded no, critical, sometimes.

I think they are real. I do think that other factors can enter. Some people see things which are not godly, and bad spirits can exert influence. However, there are a lot of commonalities, and the OBE aspect is not easily explained.

Baurak Ale
Nauvoo Legion Captain

Post by Baurak Ale »

The spirit realm is perceived and interpreted by the light and truth a spirit possesses. Their beliefs will therefore shape their experience as they interpret the energy signatures of the beings and spaces around them according to their understanding. Hence a spirit with greater knowledge will have so much the advantage in that world. Those without the same knowledge will have to gain it before they can “see” clearly in that world. It is very different than here, where the façade of a thing is depicted uniformly by the light that reflects off its surface. In the spirit world, a person with great light and truth will perceive Satan as a dark sludgy being; here he appears as a man in a well-tailored suit to all observers, though people with great light and truth will FEEL otherwise.

FoundMyEden
captain of 1,000

Post by FoundMyEden »

My grandmother shared a story with us about her father. He was not a practicing Christian of any specific denomination but just a kind man. It was told to us (short version) that he died on and saw himself and those around him, he was given the choice to go or come back and he wanted to come back, said he didn't finish what he had to do. He came back into his body which was painful. He also came back and did what he had to finish...his workshop. True story (as given by my grandmother, his daughter). We believed it to be true but it was not told to us for any fame...just a family memory that was shared between us for smiles.

ParticleMan
captain of 100

Post by ParticleMan »

In addition to the pivotol role of agency, examining a variety of NDEs shows that this is simply not the case.

One example:
viewtopic.php?p=1218996#p1218996

Otherwise, I do know people who have had an NDE:
viewtopic.php?p=1147532#p1147532

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

This keeps coming up and it isn't really accurate.

Yes, if you pass on, you're more likely to meet someone you're somehow aware of. The most common people one meets is family members who have passed on. This is one element common amongst ALL NDEs, no matter one's cultural or socio-economic background. Dr. Moody was the first to study this, and I understand other have as well, that there are basic elements across all NDEs. There is more in common than not.

randyps
captain of 100

Post by randyps »

What if someone did not die but was just minding his business while walking on the sidewalk and then for a few feet he walked through another dimension?

It happened to me at 19yrs old about a week before entering the MTC. Me and my friend (who was also entering the MTC the same time) decided to do one temple session a day until we were to report in.

This particular day we got out of the session and exited the temple building at noon, the sun was blinding and hot as we transitioned from indoors to outdoors. While still on the temple grounds walking toward the parking lot I felt what can only be described as "Love" come over me, I no longer felt the heat of the sun, the sun was insignificant compared to the "Love" that consumed me.

From a physical perspective I want you to imagine the massive energy and light that the sun of our universe generates. Take that same light (without the heat) and replace it with one of the cells in your body. Our bodies are made up of trillions of cells so imagine trillions of suns as your body, that is the Love that I felt. I thought I was glowing and almost floating for about 15 feet while walking down the sidewalk, I turned to my friend and asked him "do you feel that?", he said "feel what?"

I did not hear any voice, I did not feel the presence of a person or being, I can only say that God manifested to me his Love in a celestial glory. Call me bias in describing it as a celestial glory as us mormons were taught but that is what I believe. For about 4-5 seconds I felt what it was like to be in the celestial kingdom while being fully awake and conscious.

FoundMyEden
captain of 1,000

Post by FoundMyEden »

randyps wrote: March 22nd, 2022, 5:36 pm What if someone did not die but was just minding his business while walking on the sidewalk and then for a few feet he walked through another dimension?

It happened to me at 19yrs old about a week before entering the MTC. Me and my friend (who was also entering the MTC the same time) decided to do one temple session a day until we were to report in.

This particular day we got out of the session and exited the temple building at noon, the sun was blinding and hot as we transitioned from indoors to outdoors. While still on the temple grounds walking toward the parking lot I felt what can only be described as "Love" come over me, I no longer felt the heat of the sun, the sun was insignificant compared to the "Love" that consumed me.

From a physical perspective I want you to imagine the massive energy and light that the sun of our universe generates. Take that same light (without the heat) and replace it with one of the cells in your body. Our bodies are made up of trillions of cells so imagine trillions of suns as your body, that is the Love that I felt. I thought I was glowing and almost floating for about 15 feet while walking down the sidewalk, I turned to my friend and asked him "do you feel that?", he said "feel what?"

I did not hear any voice, I did not feel the presence of a person or being, I can only say that God manifested to me his Love in a celestial glory. Call me bias in describing it as a celestial glory as us mormons were taught but that is what I believe. For about 4-5 seconds I felt what it was like to be in the celestial kingdom while being fully awake and conscious.
I’ve had an experience on two different occasions similar to that if I’m understanding you correctly.

One was given to me for the purpose of helping me through a very difficult time in my life when I had no one but the Lord to depend on. It was like going through another dimension like you said…without knowing you entered it because it was in real life…as in walking towards something and you walked into the “vision”. That’s what happened to me. I saw what I needed to and then quickly the vision vanished and I was back in “real time”.

The second was the overwhelming love that transcended through me and was so much a part of me that I couldn’t comprehend it not being apart from me. It was so loving, and nonjudgmental and “normal” for lack of a better word. As soon as I had received the message that I received, it disappeared but it was still real time.

Make sense? Probably not to the person who hasn’t experienced it because it’s hard to even describe. 😂

Thanks for sharing your experience.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

No one sees objective reality. They experience the truth at some level but then they explain it through sight, sound, smell, touch, etc. This is an old one, but how do you know you see the same color as everyone else? How do you know what you call purple, someone else doesn't see as blue? And it's like that with everything that is not the underlying reality. Our senses are an interpretation of what is going on, not the actual reality. So maybe all of those people who died had the same experiences, but they interpreted them through their own lens. It's like when you dream about a friend. You're really having an experience, It's just not actually the friend in the dream. It's possibly someone or just a memory of a feeling, but your brain explains it by show you your friend. Real life is exactly the same.