EARTHQUAKES!

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Sunain
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2736
Location: Canada

Re: EARTHQUAKES!

Post by Sunain »

Tonga: Huge volcanic eruption triggers tsunami warnings and turns sky dark
Tsunami waves measuring two feet in height were generated in American Samoa after volcanic activity in Tonga, a US-based Pacific tsunami monitoring centre has said.

Tonga issued a tsunami warning after an undersea volcano erupted in the Pacific nation on Saturday.

The Tonga Meteorological Services issued the warning in all of Tonga and said a tsunami warning had been put in force for all of Tonga.

In a statement, the Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre in Honolulu said that “a tsunami was generated by this earthquake. And based on all available data, there is a threat to American Samoa of sea-level fluctuations and strong ocean currents that could be a hazard along beaches, in harbours and in coastal waters.”

Meanwhile, authorities said that there was a 7.4 magnitude earthquake.

https://www.nesdis.noaa.gov/news/hunga- ... upts-again


Image

Image
Last edited by Sunain on January 15th, 2022, 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
BeNotDeceived
Agent38
Posts: 9112
Location: Tralfamadore
Contact:

Re: EARTHQUAKES!

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Sunain wrote: January 15th, 2022, 7:32 am Tonga: Huge volcanic eruption triggers tsunami warnings and turns sky dark
Tsunami waves measuring two feet in height were generated in American Samoa after volcanic activity in Tonga, a US-based Pacific tsunami monitoring centre has said.

Tonga issued a tsunami warning after an undersea volcano erupted in the Pacific nation on Saturday.

The Tonga Meteorological Services issued the warning in all of Tonga and said a tsunami warning had been put in force for all of Tonga.

In a statement, the Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre in Honolulu said that “a tsunami was generated by this earthquake. And based on all available data, there is a threat to American Samoa of sea-level fluctuations and strong ocean currents that could be a hazard along beaches, in harbours and in coastal waters.”

Meanwhile, authorities said that there was a 7.4 magnitude earthquake.

https://www.nesdis.noaa.gov/news/hunga- ... upts-again


Image

Image
So soon after the following post occurred:
Michael Sherwin wrote: January 14th, 2022, 11:30 am
… Rahab stands for the pre-earth chaos.
Cutting Rahab is dividing the waters from the waters …
What’s going on?

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 8553

Re: EARTHQUAKES!

Post by Lizzy60 »

It’s being reported that people can’t reach their friends and relatives in Tonga. A program that tracks internet usage shows that it dropped to zero about two hours after the eruption. Speculation is that ash has bunged up the power infrastructure.

There are photos of the tsunami hitting Tonga, and it wasn’t too high and the island is still intact. Or so they say on the sites following this.

User avatar
Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 14444

Re: EARTHQUAKES!

Post by Niemand »

Lizzy60 wrote: January 15th, 2022, 8:37 am It’s being reported that people can’t reach their friends and relatives in Tonga. A program that tracks internet usage shows that it dropped to zero about two hours after the eruption. Speculation is that ash has bunged up the power infrastructure.

There are photos of the tsunami hitting Tonga, and it wasn’t too high and the island is still intact. Or so they say on the sites following this.
Tonga has a high percentage of LDS, maybe someone here has a connection to there?

I think they're mostly low lying islands unlike Samoa, Hawaii or Tahiti which is a problem.

User avatar
Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 13218
Location: The Universe - wherever that is.

Re: EARTHQUAKES!

Post by Thinker »

Niemand wrote: January 15th, 2022, 8:52 amTonga has a high percentage of LDS, maybe someone here has a connection to there?

I think they're mostly low lying islands unlike Samoa, Hawaii or Tahiti which is a problem.
Some news report earthquake (2014?) & others underwater volcano eruption - as the cause. And some (fear mongering?) say California/west US coast has experienced effects. Good to know that this was known about since apx dec 15, even though they called off warning prematurely. Hopefully - praying - our brothers & sisters in the area are ok, & some good comes out of this.

It’s suggested this may trigger other events… like a broken arrow?

User avatar
Subcomandante
captain of 1,000
Posts: 4429

Re: EARTHQUAKES!

Post by Subcomandante »

Judging by the eruption, this looks like a VEI 5, possibly 6. If it is the latter, this will cool down the globe by one degree Celsius during the next 18 months.

User avatar
Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 14444

Re: EARTHQUAKES!

Post by Niemand »

Thinker wrote: January 15th, 2022, 11:42 am
Niemand wrote: January 15th, 2022, 8:52 amTonga has a high percentage of LDS, maybe someone here has a connection to there?

I think they're mostly low lying islands unlike Samoa, Hawaii or Tahiti which is a problem.
Some news report earthquake (2014?) & others underwater volcano eruption - as the cause. And some (fear mongering?) say California/west US coast has experienced effects. Good to know that this was known about since apx dec 15, even though they called off warning prematurely. Hopefully - praying - our brothers & sisters in the area are ok, & some good comes out of this.

It’s suggested this may trigger other events… like a broken arrow?
This scenario has been discussed a few times. Not impossible. A bit like when one of your joints cracks and another one goes shortly afterwards. I think the Pacific is the region this is most likely to happen in a big way. Possibly the long faults going up the west of the Americas.

User avatar
BeNotDeceived
Agent38
Posts: 9112
Location: Tralfamadore
Contact:

Re: EARTHQUAKES!

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Subcomandante wrote: January 15th, 2022, 12:59 pm Judging by the eruption, this looks like a VEI 5, possibly 6. If it is the latter, this will cool down the globe by one degree Celsius during the next 18 months.
5.8

Much worse than the same magnitude earthquake.

How does the quantity of energy compare?

User avatar
Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 13218
Location: The Universe - wherever that is.

Re: EARTHQUAKES!

Post by Thinker »

Niemand wrote: January 16th, 2022, 3:33 am
Thinker wrote: January 15th, 2022, 11:42 am
Niemand wrote: January 15th, 2022, 8:52 amTonga has a high percentage of LDS, maybe someone here has a connection to there?

I think they're mostly low lying islands unlike Samoa, Hawaii or Tahiti which is a problem.
Some news report earthquake (2014?) & others underwater volcano eruption - as the cause. And some (fear mongering?) say California/west US coast has experienced effects. Good to know that this was known about since apx dec 15, even though they called off warning prematurely. Hopefully - praying - our brothers & sisters in the area are ok, & some good comes out of this.

It’s suggested this may trigger other events… like a broken arrow?
This scenario has been discussed a few times. Not impossible. A bit like when one of your joints cracks and another one goes shortly afterwards. I think the Pacific is the region this is most likely to happen in a big way. Possibly the long faults going up the west of the Americas.
Yeah, that too, but I was thinking broken arrows… there are several “lost nuclear bombs” - some in the Pacific.

User avatar
Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 14444

Re: EARTHQUAKES!

Post by Niemand »

Thinker wrote: January 16th, 2022, 12:49 pm
Niemand wrote: January 16th, 2022, 3:33 am
Thinker wrote: January 15th, 2022, 11:42 am
Niemand wrote: January 15th, 2022, 8:52 amTonga has a high percentage of LDS, maybe someone here has a connection to there?

I think they're mostly low lying islands unlike Samoa, Hawaii or Tahiti which is a problem.
Some news report earthquake (2014?) & others underwater volcano eruption - as the cause. And some (fear mongering?) say California/west US coast has experienced effects. Good to know that this was known about since apx dec 15, even though they called off warning prematurely. Hopefully - praying - our brothers & sisters in the area are ok, & some good comes out of this.

It’s suggested this may trigger other events… like a broken arrow?
This scenario has been discussed a few times. Not impossible. A bit like when one of your joints cracks and another one goes shortly afterwards. I think the Pacific is the region this is most likely to happen in a big way. Possibly the long faults going up the west of the Americas.
Yeah, that too, but I was thinking broken arrows… there are several “lost nuclear bombs” - some in the Pacific.
Probably more than several, and not just American.

Worth remembering that the oldest nuclear powers - the USA, USSR, UK, France and the PRC all had some Pacific involvement. All four have had territory in and around the Pacific since getting their nukes, and the USA and France have tested theirs around there. The UK tested theirs in Australia, and have probably had their own nuclear subs active in that region. Oz is getting its own nuclear subs in the near future. So that's five potential sources. The Soviet Union had nuclear subs in the Pacific and Russia probably still does.

What you'd need is an island or undersea cliff that descends into deep water, and has almost no continental shelf. You could do it off Japan, or off California.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 8553

Re: EARTHQUAKES!

Post by Lizzy60 »

The Tonga volcano has erupted again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzDN-1Z9vqM

User avatar
Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 13218
Location: The Universe - wherever that is.

Re: EARTHQUAKES!

Post by Thinker »

Niemand wrote: January 16th, 2022, 1:15 pm Probably more than several, and not just American.

Worth remembering that the oldest nuclear powers - the USA, USSR, UK, France and the PRC all had some Pacific involvement. All four have had territory in and around the Pacific since getting their nukes, and the USA and France have tested theirs around there. The UK tested theirs in Australia, and have probably had their own nuclear subs active in that region. Oz is getting its own nuclear subs in the near future. So that's five potential sources. The Soviet Union had nuclear subs in the Pacific and Russia probably still does.

What you'd need is an island or undersea cliff that descends into deep water, and has almost no continental shelf. You could do it off Japan, or off California.
Good points. US knows about its own (5/32? never recovered), but there may likely be many more that other countries’ are aware of.

As I shared before…
(In US) 5 were never recovered:
*1957 Atlantic Ocean between Delaware & NJ off US E coast
*1958 Savannah River, Georgia US
*1959 Off Whidbey Island/Pugent Sound, Washington US
*1961 Goldsboro, NC (found but too deep to recover)
*1965 (Dec 5) Pacific Ocean +500 miles from land
https://atomicarchive.com/almanac/broke ... index.html

It makes you wonder if one of them was detonated, what the effect would be & how it would vary according to depth & other factors.

This was an experiment -500 feet underwater from 1950’s…
https://youtu.be/AZ8K651EqCA
It said tsunami water raised 12 feet on nearest island, & 75 mph for 1st 10 seconds (about +1,000 ? feet initial 10 seconds) then slower.

User avatar
Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 14444

Re: EARTHQUAKES!

Post by Niemand »

Thinker wrote: January 17th, 2022, 10:41 am
Niemand wrote: January 16th, 2022, 1:15 pm Probably more than several, and not just American.

Worth remembering that the oldest nuclear powers - the USA, USSR, UK, France and the PRC all had some Pacific involvement. All four have had territory in and around the Pacific since getting their nukes, and the USA and France have tested theirs around there. The UK tested theirs in Australia, and have probably had their own nuclear subs active in that region. Oz is getting its own nuclear subs in the near future. So that's five potential sources. The Soviet Union had nuclear subs in the Pacific and Russia probably still does.

What you'd need is an island or undersea cliff that descends into deep water, and has almost no continental shelf. You could do it off Japan, or off California.
Good points. US knows about its own (5/32? never recovered), but there may likely be many more that other countries’ are aware of.

As I shared before…
(In US) 5 were never recovered:
*1957 Atlantic Ocean between Delaware & NJ off US E coast
*1958 Savannah River, Georgia US
*1959 Off Whidbey Island/Pugent Sound, Washington US
*1961 Goldsboro, NC (found but too deep to recover)
*1965 (Dec 5) Pacific Ocean +500 miles from land
https://atomicarchive.com/almanac/broke ... index.html

It makes you wonder if one of them was detonated, what the effect would be & how it would vary according to depth & other factors.

This was an experiment -500 feet underwater from 1950’s…
https://youtu.be/AZ8K651EqCA
It said tsunami water raised 12 feet on nearest island, & 75 mph for 1st 10 seconds (about +1,000 ? feet initial 10 seconds) then slower.
The Pacific gets VERY deep very quickly off many coasts and directly off places like Japan, California, Alaska, NZ and the South American coast, often goes from mountains down to ocean trenches. (The opposite to my part of the world, where the continental shelf extends out hundreds of miles.)

These trenches were impossible for most equipment to operate in (at least until recently) due to the high pressures etc. But like you say these trenches are geological faults and an explosion in there can cause a lot of trouble. Maybe it has happened already and been covered up?

Supposedly nuclear submarines can't penetrate as far down as you might think at all. Or so we're told. They can sail in deep water, but not right down to the ocean floor in some parts of the oceans. The Soviets lost at least one sub in the Pacific and it went too deep for them to retrieve. The Americans tried to pick it up instead. There could well be other ones. The Soviets managed to cover certain accidents up for decades, and in the early days of nuclear subs, they probably weren't even properly tracked by the Americans. The Chinese are also highly secretive, but callous enough to attempt bombing the ocean trenches.

Given all the nuclear testing in the Pacific, especially by the French, one wonders if all those bombs reached their destination or some managed to fall off ships etc.

Unfortunately one of the problems with nuclear warheads (at least the early ones) is that they are detonated by the core being smashed together. That's exactly what extreme water pressure could do.

Lemarque
captain of 100
Posts: 607

Re: EARTHQUAKES!

Post by Lemarque »

I remember reading somewhere on an alternative science site something about electricity and earthquakes/eruptions. Then today I saw this article that a lightning detection system detected 400,000 lightning strikes over a 7 hour lightning storm, with 200,000 of them occurring in a one hour period. That's over 3,000 lightning strikes a minute. Insane.

https://wildfiretoday.com/2022/01/17/hu ... g-strikes/

Also, I've found this site about earthquake predictions. Interesting to read how they determine likely earthquake zones. https://quakewatch.net/predictioncenter/

User avatar
Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 14444

Re: EARTHQUAKES!

Post by Niemand »

Lemarque wrote: January 19th, 2022, 9:44 pm I remember reading somewhere on an alternative science site something about electricity and earthquakes/eruptions. Then today I saw this article that a lightning detection system detected 400,000 lightning strikes over a 7 hour lightning storm, with 200,000 of them occurring in a one hour period. That's over 3,000 lightning strikes a minute. Insane.

https://wildfiretoday.com/2022/01/17/hu ... g-strikes/

Also, I've found this site about earthquake predictions. Interesting to read how they determine likely earthquake zones. https://quakewatch.net/predictioncenter/
That is very possible. Remember lightning can be driven by friction. Since this friction is produced by particles of ash and rock, rather than just the usual water, it's more severe. Lightning is commonly associated with volcanic eruptions.

As by the way are UFOs. Some people think thwse come from the electrical build up in the atmosphere, which produces lights and plasma forms which people then see. Sometimes known as Earthlights.

User avatar
BeNotDeceived
Agent38
Posts: 9112
Location: Tralfamadore
Contact:

Re: EARTHQUAKES!

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Michael Sherwin wrote: August 15th, 2021, 12:25 am
... The Spirit is the bat ...
Image

Michael mentions Cutting Rahab,

and 3 hours later,

guess what happens?
Spoiler

User avatar
Silver Pie
seeker after Christ
Posts: 9212
Location: In the state that doesn't exist

Re: EARTHQUAKES!

Post by Silver Pie »

Thinker wrote: January 17th, 2022, 10:41 am It makes you wonder if one of them was detonated, what the effect would be & how it would vary according to depth & other factors.

This was an experiment -500 feet underwater from 1950’s…
https://youtu.be/AZ8K651EqCA
It said tsunami water raised 12 feet on nearest island, & 75 mph for 1st 10 seconds (about +1,000 ? feet initial 10 seconds) then slower.
That totally looked like an exploding nuke to me!

User avatar
BeNotDeceived
Agent38
Posts: 9112
Location: Tralfamadore
Contact:

Re: EARTHQUAKES!

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Email not displaying correctly? View the web version
Anchorage Daily News
Good afternoon. It’s Saturday, March 12.
Did you feel the 5.1 earthquake this morning in Southcentral Alaska? It jolted homes and businesses throughout the region (including my house in Anchorage, where the kitchen table shook as I was writing this email). … https://adn.secondstreetapp.com/api/mes ... Newsletter

Funny thing is before I fell 😴 the thought crossed my mind about my nonfiction memoir type entry in the ADN annual contest. I saw the announcement last miinute, so my entry was still pretty rough.

The nonfiction gets judged first and announced in March IIRC.

This coming on the heels of two Walker quakes. :lol:

3*8**

User avatar
BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 8252
Location: Varies.
Contact:

Re: EARTHQUAKES!

Post by BroJones »

Keep in mind that some earthquakes may be man-caused (secret warfare).
This from a friend, the Tesla story checks out, but I haven't been able to verify the others:
Quote
"New York City, 1890: Nikola Tesla & Samuel Clemens, aka Mark Twain, were good pals. Did Nikola Tesla cure Mark Twain’s constipation? They were known to get into their share of trouble after a night at the gentlemen’s club. Twain lived just a few blocks from Tesla’s Laboratory at 35 South Fifth Avenue. He was known to visit Tesla’s lab.
One of their more famous escapades (a.k.a. experiments) involved Nikola Tesla’s “earthquake” machine. It supposedly shook his building and nearly brought down its walls. It was a high frequency oscillator that was powerful, but not enough to destroy his lab.
"A piston set underneath a platform shook violently as it moved. When Mark Twain complained to his friend of chronic digestive problems, Tesla reasoned that vibration could cure constipation. Twain was a trusting friend who was always up for a good time. He stood on the oscillator’s platform. Tesla flipped the switch. Reportedly in less then two minutes, Mark Twain jumped from the gizmo and ran to the toilet."

In a little known incident, one of our submarines torpedoed and destroyed a Russian deep water drone that was doing something on the floor of the Alantic Ocean. Later, there was a huge earthquake in the desert to the east of of Los Angeles where the U.S. had a secret underground base. It severely damaged the base and it had to be abandoned.

In other earthquade news, there have been numerous quakes in the ocean off the Seattle coast, but USGS has been deleting them due their possible effect on property values. You have to go overseas to get the news on those earthquakes. Here are a couple of websites if you're interested in this stuff. I've noticed an increase in activity in the past two years, especially in the "Ring of Fire" -

Latest earthquake monitor -
Earthquake monitor - Earthquakes in 2022 - Latest Earthquakes in the world - https://www.emsc-csem.org/Earthquake/Map/gmap.php

Volcanic ash news -
Volcanic Ash Advisories: latest list of reports from all VAAC centers - https://www.volcanodiscovery.com/news/v ... ports.html

ENDQUOTE

User avatar
BeNotDeceived
Agent38
Posts: 9112
Location: Tralfamadore
Contact:

Re: EARTHQUAKES!

Post by BeNotDeceived »

BroJones wrote: March 27th, 2022, 6:22 pm
Keep in mind that some earthquakes may be man-caused (secret warfare).
Or skullduggery, such as
https://march8miracle.org wrote: C -- 3 = Month
H -- 8 = The day was skipped this time
R - 18 = Day of the 5.7 magnitude earthquake
I -- 9 = The very Minute that Moroni landed his instrument
S - 19 = The very Hour on the opposite side of Planet Earth
T - 20 = The very Year and Century when Moroni quickly ate it
One chance in 57 million is the rough odds of an earthquake occurring during that 1 minute in over a hundred years.

Which Mad Scientist is to blame? :lol:

User avatar
Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 14444

Re: EARTHQUAKES!

Post by Niemand »

Not much noticed because no one lives there, but there have been 30,000 earthquakes recorded in or near Antarctica.

https://watchers.news/2020/12/18/south- ... akes-2020/
More than 30 000 earthquakes have been registered in the Bransfield Strait, an ocean channel between the South Shetland Islands and the Antarctic Peninsula, since the end of August 2020, according to the University of Chile. The strait is now expanding 15 cm (6 inches) per year from the Antarctic Peninsula, nearly 20 times faster than before.

The strongest earthquake in the sequence was M6.0 at a depth of 15 km (9 miles) at 23:49 UTC on November 6.
Image

User avatar
Silver Pie
seeker after Christ
Posts: 9212
Location: In the state that doesn't exist

Re: EARTHQUAKES!

Post by Silver Pie »

Niemand wrote: April 12th, 2022, 4:39 pm
The strait is now expanding 15 cm (6 inches) per year from the Antarctic Peninsula,
That is REALLY fast!

User avatar
BeNotDeceived
Agent38
Posts: 9112
Location: Tralfamadore
Contact:

Re: EARTHQUAKES!

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Silver Pie wrote: April 13th, 2022, 6:55 pm
Niemand wrote: April 12th, 2022, 4:39 pm
The strait is now expanding 15 cm (6 inches) per year from the Antarctic Peninsula,
That is REALLY fast!
It’s growing half of a 🦶 each year. :lol:

User avatar
BeNotDeceived
Agent38
Posts: 9112
Location: Tralfamadore
Contact:

Re: EARTHQUAKES!

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Just felt this one. :o
https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/ak02255f18x6/origin/detail wrote:
M 4.1 - 8 km S of Big Lake, Alaska

61.447°N 149.957°W

Origin Time: 2022-04-22 11:49:49.116 UTC
It has 57 and 49 in common with: viewtopic.php?p=1182313#p1182313

What's up with that :?:

Now it shows M 3.9 - 4 km SSE of Big Lake, Alaska

Big Pond is more like it. :lol:

The time changed too. If I wasn't here in real time there's no way I could of seen those numbers.

User avatar
Silver Pie
seeker after Christ
Posts: 9212
Location: In the state that doesn't exist

Re: EARTHQUAKES!

Post by Silver Pie »

BeNotDeceived wrote: April 22nd, 2022, 6:04 am Just felt this one. :o
https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/ak02255f18x6/origin/detail wrote:
M 4.1 - 8 km S of Big Lake, Alaska

61.447°N 149.957°W

Origin Time: 2022-04-22 11:49:49.116 UTC
It has 57 and 49 in common with: viewtopic.php?p=1182313#p1182313

What's up with that :?:

Now it shows M 3.9 - 4 km SSE of Big Lake, Alaska

Big Pond is more like it. :lol:

The time changed too. If I wasn't here in real time there's no way I could of seen those numbers.
When I was a teenager, there was an earthquake around the Bear Lake area (I lived in Salt Lake) and our trailer home started swaying. I ran to the porch to look out. Our tree was also swaying, but zero wind. Freaky.

Anyway, they immediately gave the magnitude, but later they said it was a lower magnitude, as if the first report never happened. That was weird.

Post Reply