When the Bear lays it's hand upon the Lion...

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

When the Bear lays it's hand upon the Lion...

Post by Robin Hood »

According to the White Horse Prophecy, when the Bear lays it's hand upon the Lion, the winding up scene is not far distant.
As the bear is the symbol of Russia and the Lion traditionally the symbol of England, it has long been considered that this appears to prophesy of some kind of persecution of England by Russia.
However, I discovered today that the rampant lion image is also the symbol of the Ukraine.
Interesting...

briznian
captain of 100

Re: When the Bear lays it's hand upon the Lion...

Post by briznian »

Very interesting indeed

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruthenian_lion
The Ruthenian lion (Polish: Ruski Lew; Ukrainian: Руський лев, romanized: Ruskyi lev), Ukrainian lion, or Halychian lion[1] is a golden lion on an azure background
18A7DF88-CEC5-4611-87F2-052C43A902CB.jpeg
18A7DF88-CEC5-4611-87F2-052C43A902CB.jpeg (391.09 KiB) Viewed 1942 times

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

The Rusyns are an interesting lot. They have been especially condemnatory of the Russian movements against Ukraine. I have ancestry from the region through my maternal grandpa.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

Lion is also in the coat of arms of Finland, another neighbouring country of Russia. Finnish people have been starting to speak about applying NATO membership, and Russia has threatened Finland and Sweden that there will be (military) consequences if they join NATO.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Then again, it could be alluding to the Lion of Judah.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

inho wrote: March 1st, 2022, 10:56 pm Lion is also in the coat of arms of Finland, another neighbouring country of Russia. Finnish people have been starting to speak about applying NATO membership, and Russia has threatened Finland and Sweden that there will be (military) consequences if they join NATO.
The Lion's an extremely popular heraldic symbol along with the Eagle. Predators often are! It's a symbol of the UK (both Scotland and England* use it), the Netherlands (and the Flemish and Luxemburgers) and many more including Bavaria in southern Germany.

Finland has had a very interesting relationship with its neighbour since the Russian Revolution. Look up Finlandisation.

* Technically, England's symbol is a leopard according to heraldic language. That's why they had that football song "Three Leopards on the Shirt".

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

Niemand wrote: March 2nd, 2022, 6:23 am

* Technically, England's symbol is a leopard according to heraldic language. That's why they had that football song "Three Leopards on the Shirt".
Wait a minute. I didn't know that.

Now I am rethinking the prophesy of the beasts in Daniel.

The Leopard is the last before the Iron Beast.

Egoof
captain of 100

Post by Egoof »

The bear and Lion aren't actually part of the White Horse Prophecy. It was actually something told to Jessie W. Fox by John Taylor's father -

Speaking about Russia brings to mind a prophecy which is accredited to the Prophet Joseph Smith, concerning this country. Elder Jesse W. Fox, Sr., received the narration from Father Taylor, the father of the late President John Taylor. The old gentleman said that at one time the Prophet Joseph Smith was in his house conversing about the Battle of Waterloo, in which Father Taylor had taken part. Suddenly the Prophet turned and said, “Father Taylor, you will live to see, though I will not, greater battles than that of Waterloo. The slave question will cause a division between the North and the South, and in these wars greater battles than Waterloo will occur. But,” he continued, with emphasis, “when the great bear (Russia) lays her paw on the lion (England) the winding up scene is not far distant.”

This gives it more credibility to me because of all the issues surrounding the White Horse Prophecy. I think you could be right about the Lion not being England though which would mean we could be getting close.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

JuneBug12000 wrote: March 2nd, 2022, 11:37 am

Wait a minute. I didn't know that.

Now I am rethinking the prophesy of the beasts in Daniel.

The Leopard is the last before the Iron Beast.
It's really just heraldic language. The fancy term is "leopards couchants", but they're stylised lions.

However someone did point put some of the lions in heraldry do have feet which look like bears and that is significant.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

inho wrote: March 1st, 2022, 10:56 pm Lion is also in the coat of arms of Finland, another neighbouring country of Russia. Finnish people have been starting to speak about applying NATO membership, and Russia has threatened Finland and Sweden that there will be (military) consequences if they join NATO.
The Lion's an extremely popular heraldic symbol along with the Eagle. Predators often are! It's a symbol of the UK (both Scotland and England* use it), the Netherlands (and the Flemish and Luxemburgers) and many more including Bavaria in southern Germany.

Finland has had a very interesting relationship with its neighbour since the Russian Revolution. Look up Finlandisation.

Take a look at the shirt, they're definitely lions.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Post removed.
Last edited by Robin Hood on March 2nd, 2022, 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Robin Hood wrote: March 2nd, 2022, 2:15 pm

It's the heraldic terminology. They are technically "leopards couchant" although not representative of the species we call a leopard today.

Hate wheeling out Wikipedia but here you go:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopard_(heraldry)

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Niemand wrote: March 2nd, 2022, 2:22 pm

It's the heraldic terminology. They are technically "leopards couchant" although not representative of the species we call a leopard today.

Elswhere on Wikipedia it states they are three lions and were introduced by Richard the Lionheart.
They are clearly not leopards as they have a mane, and are the wrong colour. Also, if they were leopards, contrary to the saying, they have definitely changed their spots.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Robin Hood wrote: March 2nd, 2022, 2:30 pm
Niemand wrote: March 2nd, 2022, 2:22 pm

Elswhere on Wikipedia it states they are three lions and were introduced by Richard the Lionheart.
They are clearly not leopards as they have a mane, and are the wrong colour. Also, if they were leopards, contrary to the saying, they have definitely changed their spots.
A "leopard" in heraldry isn't a spotty African cat as we know it, it's just a stylised leonine creature. It's heraldic jargon. I just find it funnier to say "Three Leopards on the Shirt" with the song etc.

The national animal of Scotland before the lion was the pig. Or a wild boar to be precise! That's a lot more embarrassing.

If Arthurian narratives are to be believed, England used to have a white dragon as one of its symbols. The old story was about Vortigern trying to build a tower (some say at Dinas Emrys), but it kept collapsing, and Merlin said this was because a white dragon and red dragon (Welsh) kept fighting under it. (A parallel to the Chinese notion that dragons cause earthquakes.)

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Robin Hood wrote: March 2nd, 2022, 2:57 am Then again, it could be alluding to the Lion of Judah.
Judah is a cursed people, until the truly repent after much bloodshed.

Luke 23:28

dreamtheater76
captain of 100

Post by dreamtheater76 »

Great analysis. It's understandable why the White Horse Prophecy was dismissed a century ago and even after that. Of course it would have sounded crazy and improbable before world wars happened. But in the last few years it has been happening. And I generally dismiss or ignore anything that comes from a 3rd party source. But when it follows through as well as it does I think it is probably creditable.

Oldemandalton
captain of 1,000

Post by Oldemandalton »

I wouldn’t put too much credence in the White Horse Prophecy.

Joseph Fielding Smith's father and President of the Church, Joseph F. Smith, said:

“The ridiculous story about the "red horse," and "the black horse," and "the white horse," and a lot of trash that has been circulated about and printed and sent around as a great revelation given by the Prophet Joseph Smith, is a matter that was gotten up, I understand, some ten years after the death of the Prophet Joseph Smith, by two of our brethren who put together some broken sentences from the Prophet that they may have heard from time to time, and formulated this so-called revelation out of it, and it was never spoken by the prophet in the manner in which they have put it forth. It is simply false; that is all there is to it.” (Joseph F. Smith, Conference Report (October 1918).

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Oldemandalton wrote: March 4th, 2022, 2:56 pm I wouldn’t put too much credence in the White Horse Prophecy.

Joseph Fielding Smith's father and President of the Church, Joseph F. Smith, said:

“The ridiculous story about the "red horse," and "the black horse," and "the white horse," and a lot of trash that has been circulated about and printed and sent around as a great revelation given by the Prophet Joseph Smith, is a matter that was gotten up, I understand, some ten years after the death of the Prophet Joseph Smith, by two of our brethren who put together some broken sentences from the Prophet that they may have heard from time to time, and formulated this so-called revelation out of it, and it was never spoken by the prophet in the manner in which they have put it forth. It is simply false; that is all there is to it.” (Joseph F. Smith, Conference Report (October 1918).
I believe the White Horse Prophecy is true.
I also believe Bishop Koyle's prophecies will be fulfilled... some already have.

Oldemandalton
captain of 1,000

Post by Oldemandalton »

Robin Hood: I understand the desire to believe in unsubstantiated prophecies. However, many of the prophets and apostles have criticized the ‘prophecy.’
Elder Bruce R McConkie in his book Mormon Doctrine:

“From time to time, accounts of various supposed visions, revelations, and prophecies are spread forth by and among the Latter-day Saints, who should know better than to believe or spread such false information. One of these false and deceptive documents that has cropped up again and again for over a century is the so-called White Horse Prophecy. This supposed prophecy purports to be a long and detailed account by the Prophet Joseph Smith concerning the wars, turmoils, and difficulties which should exist in the last days.”

Note that the substance of the condemnation of the White Horse Prophecy is that some thoughts or sentences from one source or another may have been put together to form this so-called revelation. The memory of the men involved may not have been sufficient to remember all that occurred in the short conversation they reportedly had with the Prophet. It is likely that they had parts from here and parts from there that formed the basis of their memory of the event. Note also that it is the descriptions of the various horses and what they represent that are condemned as false. In addition, the details of the last days are also declared false.

It is clear that the text of the White Horse Prophecy as reported by Theodore Turley and Edwin Rushton and recorded in the diary of John J. Roberts is not accepted as verified, binding prophecy by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It has never been accepted and it has been soundly denounced. No authority of the Church has ever spoken in support of this document—not once.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Robin Hood wrote: February 28th, 2022, 3:25 pm According to the White Horse Prophecy, when the Bear lays it's hand upon the Lion, the winding up scene is not far distant.
As the bear is the symbol of Russia and the Lion traditionally the symbol of England, it has long been considered that this appears to prophesy of some kind of persecution of England by Russia.
However, I discovered today that the rampant lion image is also the symbol of the Ukraine.
Interesting...
There's also the aspect of the Bear going after Israel...and the biggest war games in history are currently in play with Syria...while Ukraine gets all the attention...

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

…and there is also Isaiah’s discussion on our chariots…that is looking like it could come to fruition in the not very distant future…

dreamtheater76
captain of 100

Post by dreamtheater76 »

Oldemandalton wrote: March 4th, 2022, 2:56 pm I wouldn’t put too much credence in the White Horse Prophecy.

Yes I have read this quote before. In 1928 The White Horse Prophecy would have sounded ludicrous.
Like I said I am super critical about anything that comes from 3rd party sources including the George Albert Smith Russia dream that showed up in the late 80's from a relative. I'm still not convinced on that one despite all the research and reading I have done on it.
In our day the WHP doesn't sound so crazy. I don't know for sure how true or false it is or if it is fake or legit.
But it seems far more legit than many other documents that have come from 3rd party sources because of how much is happening or most likely to happen.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

I see someone elsewhere claiming Mesech in Ezekiel ?38 refers to Moscow. Not sure on this one. (There was a place called that in the Middle East)

Oldemandalton
captain of 1,000

Post by Oldemandalton »

dreamtheater76 wrote: March 12th, 2022, 7:27 pm
Yes I have read this quote before. In 1928 The White Horse Prophecy would have sounded ludicrous.
Like I said I am super critical about anything that comes from 3rd party sources including the George Albert Smith Russia dream that showed up in the late 80's from a relative. I'm still not convinced on that one despite all the research and reading I have done on it.
In our day the WHP doesn't sound so crazy. I don't know for sure how true or false it is or if it is fake or legit.
But it seems far more legit than many other documents that have come from 3rd party sources because of how much is happening or most likely to happen.
Hello, dreamtheater. According to reliable sources, The White Horse Prophecy is a mishmash of quotes by Joseph Smith, with the addition of the red, black, and white Horses. This may be why it sounds credible. As for myself, I avoid third hand accounts and will trust the opinion of the prophet, Joseph F. Smith, the nephew of Joseph.

Have a Great Sabbath Day

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Benjamin F. Johnson brought a contemporary copy of the White Horse Prophecy with him West from Nauvoo.