NEW MASK GUIDANCE FROM FP

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
sandman45
captain of 1,000

Re: NEW MASK GUIDANCE FROM FP

Post by sandman45 »

CuriousThinker wrote: February 19th, 2022, 9:13 am So, if I have a bishop or stake president who love masks they are allowed to force me to wear one if I am going to attend church? That is not right. They should not get that kind of power over their congregation/stake.
Mine here in Utah loves them but I was never forced to wear one and I would go to church and meeting etc and no one ever asked me to wear one in person. The only times they did it was through the email to everyone saying please wear masks. To which I just deleted the email and came without a mask

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

EvanLM wrote: February 19th, 2022, 7:38 pm in the documentation of the experiments on bats from Wuhan lab then they were unsuccessful in getting the virus to transfer through air borne. . . in other words, the sick bats could not spread it to any other animal or human through airborne delivery . . . the only way the scientists and doctors could spread this bio weapon that our prophet calls covid is to deliver it to bats and other animals through the skin, or by aerosols or by food
Viruses cannot be spread through food. Ingestion renders them useless.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

Robin Hood wrote: February 20th, 2022, 1:20 am
EvanLM wrote: February 19th, 2022, 7:38 pm in the documentation of the experiments on bats from Wuhan lab then they were unsuccessful in getting the virus to transfer through air borne. . . in other words, the sick bats could not spread it to any other animal or human through airborne delivery . . . the only way the scientists and doctors could spread this bio weapon that our prophet calls covid is to deliver it to bats and other animals through the skin, or by aerosols or by food
Viruses cannot be spread through food. Ingestion renders them useless.
very good point . . . the scientists were trying to attach the poison which is called covid(fake name) to a bat virus so that it could be transferred that way . . . they were trying to find an easier way to distribute the bio weapon through the population without detection and suspicion . . . they always failed to attach their poison to any animal or human who could then transfer this poison (whatever it really is) to other humans . . . inexpensive kill weapon . . .but they were unsuccessful and this was documented in their notes at the lab . . .

now, it is hard to keep in mind that there still is not a total documentation of what the ______ this poison really is . . . the gads have provided a list of symptoms, a fake name, lots of lying publicity, bad hospital protocols, but still no sure smoking gun . . . I mean, there has been speculation that it is 5G, or bio weapon or whatever . . . maybe aliens(sarcasm)

obviously something is killing and harming people that is unprecedented and looks more like pestilences since there are areas or cities that have taken a harder toll

many doctors and scientists are trying to get to the bottom of this . . . . in the meantime for 2 years the gads have deceived and shut down the world through fear and bribes . . woops, I mean money rewards for doing the right thing . . .then, they have taken and announced a tally of the dead as a result of their weapons . . .

author's note: thaaaaaaaaaank you for pointing this out . . . proves that these scientists are truly stupid trying to accomplish something that cannot be done . . . spread virus in food. . . and this supports the theory that there is a bio weapon a foot and someone is delivering it to large crowds and certain areas . . . all documented

I don't know about the shot . . just giving recent research on the lab notes . . .

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

also proved mask do no good against a bioweapon that is delivered different ways and not human to animal nor human to human contact . . .gads did a great job at making us look in the wrong direction instead of taking 2 years to figure out the real delivery system . . .

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Subcomandante wrote: February 19th, 2022, 10:25 pm When SARS happened, I was recently baptized. I don't remember a mask requirement, unless of course, you were in Asia at the time.
I remember SARS. I was a very active member at the time, and there were no mask requirements where I lived. In fact, this is the first time in my life (with all the virus scares put out over the years) that anyone outside of a medical care provider (during an operation, for example) had to wear a mask.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Silver Pie wrote: February 19th, 2022, 6:51 pm
Moosier wrote: February 19th, 2022, 3:44 pm Do you think when they say "...and other protective measures...", they are modifying their "urging" on the shot?
I am sure that the shots are part of "other protective measures" in their minds.
The church has a doctorate degree in vagueness.
Last edited by Reluctant Watchman on February 20th, 2022, 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

CuriousThinker wrote: February 19th, 2022, 10:54 pm
JohnnyL wrote: February 19th, 2022, 10:08 pm Nowhere in the USA is it a local custom to wear masks, which means on that front, a congregation in the USA has a much higher chance of NOT having to wear masks than many other places.

During SARS, mask wearing was required for church attendance, and basically the whole gloves and sanitizer stuff for the sacrament, just not quite as drastic as this time.
Where was it required in the US during SARS? I have never seen a single mask in church before 2020.

I don't know where JohnnyL lives, but there was no mask wearing at church, required or otherwise, nor gloves/sanitizer for the sacrament, during SARS at all where we live (Midwestern U.S.). In fact, the whole SARS thing was a non-issue here - completely ignored and was never even mentioned in church. We have been active in the church for over 50 years, and we've never seen a mask anywhere at church in the U.S. until 2020.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

You mean ...

"NEW MASK NONSENSE FROM THE CORPORATE EXECUTIVES IN SALT LAKE.
dc

CuriousThinker
captain of 1,000

Post by CuriousThinker »

I walked into church today and almost no one was wearing it. We moved in last year and it was the first time I saw some people's entire face. A member of the High Council said masks and social distancing was no longer required. And, please stay home when sick, which should've always been the case.

Lineman1012
captain of 100

Post by Lineman1012 »

Just got home from church and it was the first meeting since this whole clown show started that no one on the stand, including the SP, had a mask on. Plus no one administering the sacrament was wearing masks or gloves.

It was really kind of strange as I was not used to seeing faces on the stand.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Lineman1012 wrote: February 20th, 2022, 4:31 pm Just got home from church and it was the first meeting since this whole clown show started that no one on the stand, including the SP, had a mask on. Plus no one administering the sacrament was wearing masks or gloves.

It was really kind of strange as I was not used to seeing faces on the stand.
Woah! Reading that, I just realized no one on the stand in our meeting today had one on, either.

Guess I'm still on the "old normal" page...

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Subcomandante wrote: February 19th, 2022, 2:10 pm
JohnnyL wrote: February 18th, 2022, 9:58 pm "local customs"--WHERE in the USA do "local customs" include wearing a mask, especially before Covid?? Nowhere.
East and Southeast Asia, and other parts where there is a lot of airborne contamination. Masks have been a thing there since LONG before COVID, especially during the winter months.

Literally 40% of the world lives there.

(Added edit: Japan: https://web-japan.org/trends/11_culture ... lture.html)
(Added edit 2: China and South Korea: https://www.voanews.com/a/science-healt ... 86770.html)
Highlighted. :)

So I guess in some areas, it was already in effect today. Maybe some people just got tired of all the contention? I guess a lot might just be showing they never wanted to wear the mask, they were doing it just to be obedient. I hope the 15 and 70 see and realize that.

mahalanobis
captain of 1,000

Post by mahalanobis »

There IS a change embedded here.

All it does is pass the buck downward.

If you read between the lines, its:
"we know a lot of you have been disengaging from church because our policies don't make any sense. Now let the local leaders decide. But make sure that you observe local government advice (so that we can appear to be consistent)."

The result will be that no masks will be worn in conservative areas while masks will continue to be worn in fearful, manipulated, brainwashed Babylonian areas.

Lineman1012
captain of 100

Post by Lineman1012 »

mahalanobis wrote: February 20th, 2022, 6:14 pm There IS a change embedded here.

All it does is pass the buck downward.

If you read between the lines, its:
"we know a lot of you have been disengaging from church because our policies don't make any sense. Now let the local leaders decide. But make sure that you observe local government advice (so that we can appear to be consistent)."

The result will be that no masks will be worn in conservative areas while masks will continue to be worn in fearful, manipulated, brainwashed Babylonian areas.
You’re right. The conservatives not wearing masks and the liberals wearing them. Everyone will be happier this way.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Apparently the Mexico Area Presidency did not get the memo, because in our ward, which is as anti-woke as one can get (see my post on the LGBT issue), there was still the sanitization check and everyone except for those in nursery age were wearing masks.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Subcomandante wrote: February 20th, 2022, 10:09 pm Apparently the Mexico Area Presidency did not get the memo, because in our ward, which is as anti-woke as one can get (see my post on the LGBT issue), there was still the sanitization check and everyone except for those in nursery age were wearing masks.
The fearmongering has done its job. The mental conditioning is now set, the lemmings now work on their own.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

I had someone - who I would never expect - come up to me yesterday, and say "When are we getting rid of these things?" (pointing at the mask) and she then said they were useless.

I think a lot of people are getting heartily sick of them.

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

Sorry, I have to link another Babylon Bee satire piece.

https://babylonbee.com/news/mask-mandat ... -10-things

SunriseBoy
captain of 100

Post by SunriseBoy »

endlessismyname wrote: February 18th, 2022, 10:45 am FF0E3CC1-492B-434F-B0A0-79AACCB71EE4.jpeg
These guys really need to join Bedwetters Anonymous!

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

HereWeGo wrote: February 21st, 2022, 10:15 pm Sorry, I have to link another Babylon Bee satire piece.

https://babylonbee.com/news/mask-mandat ... -10-things
So, after 2 years of mask mandates, it turned out they didn't do anything! Sad!

Don't feel too bad though, because the latest science indicates masks were highly effective at stopping the spread of these ten other things:

1) Ugly Person Sightings: Whew!

2) Celebrity Sightings: Even worse than an ugly person sighting.

3) Procreation: Since we know kissing makes babies and babies destroy the planet, this is great news.

4) Freedom: The dangerous alt-right love of "freedom" must never be allowed to spread.

5) Kids learning how to speak properly: Kids should be seen and not heard.

6) Obnoxious hipster mustaches: It was high time for these to go anyway.

7) The DROPLETS: No! Not the droplets! SAVE US FROM THE DROPLETS!!

8) Mouthed warnings to your kids that you're going to kill them if they don't stop acting like idiots in a public place: We had to do a lot of pinching instead.

9) Talking tough while holding a toothpick in your mouth: Thank God this toxically masculine practice is over.

10) Empathy: Empathy makes us feel for dangerous enemies of the state. No longer!

😂

Ciams
captain of 100

Post by Ciams »

The fact of the matter with regards to the temple or masks in general, if you are part of the vulnerable population, where you have a high chance of death if you get covid, you are a freaking moron if you think spending time with crowds of people is a good idea just because you have a mask.

Literally, if people are dying from catching covid, that mask policy is killing them. There is no excuse to tell a vulnerable person they should feel safe in the temple with a mask on. If they might die, that advice is deadly.

If you are at risk of death, stay home or go out and take your chances. We've known for 2 years now the majority of people hospitalized reported wearing a mask all or most of the time. The mask didn't stop that hospitalization.

If there's a danger and you're concerned, don't go. Let those who are healthy or willing to accept the risk go.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

endlessismyname wrote: February 18th, 2022, 10:45 am Image
Jeremiah 5
31 The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means;
and my people love to have it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof?

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish;
because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
2 Thessalonians

"But the word of the Lord was unto them
precept upon precept, precept upon precept;
line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little;
that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken,
and snared, and taken."
Isaiah 28

Egoof
captain of 100

Post by Egoof »

So I'm interested to hear more about how everyone's ward responded this last Sunday and going forward. Since they announced this in August I would say our ward has been 65-70% masked but this Sunday we were about 40% masked and as soon as the announcement was read, my wife (who has been super dedicated to masking since the letter) immediately took hers off. Maybe she was tired of being the only one because my kids and I have been unmasked almost the whole time. I was surprised that the bishopric kept their masks on all the way through sacrament and the young men passing/blessing the sacrament were still masked. I guess we'll see if it changes more this Sunday.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Egoof wrote: February 23rd, 2022, 10:27 am So I'm interested to hear more about how everyone's ward responded this last Sunday and going forward. Since they announced this in August I would say our ward has been 65-70% masked but this Sunday we were about 40% masked and as soon as the announcement was read, my wife (who has been super dedicated to masking since the letter) immediately took hers off. Maybe she was tired of being the only one because my kids and I have been unmasked almost the whole time. I was surprised that the bishopric kept their masks on all the way through sacrament and the young men passing/blessing the sacrament were still masked. I guess we'll see if it changes more this Sunday.
It sounds like your wife finally realized that she was being taken for a ride.

1 informal : to cheat or trick (someone) You can get sucked into a scheme that will cost you dearly. … You can get suckered, swindled, taken for a ride … —

Godislove
captain of 100

Post by Godislove »

Egoof wrote: February 23rd, 2022, 10:27 am So I'm interested to hear more about how everyone's ward responded this last Sunday and going forward. Since they announced this in August I would say our ward has been 65-70% masked but this Sunday we were about 40% masked and as soon as the announcement was read, my wife (who has been super dedicated to masking since the letter) immediately took hers off. Maybe she was tired of being the only one because my kids and I have been unmasked almost the whole time. I was surprised that the bishopric kept their masks on all the way through sacrament and the young men passing/blessing the sacrament were still masked. I guess we'll see if it changes more this Sunday.
Our ward announced that it would now be a personal decision to mask or not but that they were no longer requiring them.
They said that they are however still required for the young men who are passing the sacrament.
We were counseled that people still may make the decision to wear a mask for many reasons and that we should be respectful of those decisions.
It was also kind of hinted that this was the decision for now but the guidance may change in the future.