WHAT??? The Real Date of Christ’s Birth

For non-mainstream, heterodoxical discussions. Request access to the Heretic Group here.
Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: WHAT??? The Real Date of Christ’s Birth

Post by Thinker »

mcusick wrote: February 11th, 2022, 2:29 amparable of his birth?
Yes…
Thinker wrote: December 15th, 2021, 5:54 pm... When you think about it, from the humble perspective of Christ, his telling of his birth was not for us to celebrate but rather “without a parable spake he not unto them.”

The beautiful thing about parables is so many possible interpretations depending on your point of view at that moment. It’s like the stages of development where kids think in concrete terms - literally. That’s fine - maybe even needed to set a foundation, but then there comes a time to “put off childish things.”

I have wondered about different interpretations of the birth parable.
Maybe…
Mary represents motherhood as a way of “magnifying the Lord.” *
Babies within mothers’ wombs spiritually sense.

Angels minister every birth - each birth is sacred & blessed. In fact, EVERY person is “born of water” coming from amniotic fluid. “Except ye are born of water…”. Getting a body is so important and significant.

Present tense: “is born”… “the kingdom of God is within you.” “I AM that I AM” (not I was or - I will be). Life is lived in the present, not via time travel.

There are other interpretations but I’ll let others expand, if they want.

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

Pazooka wrote: February 12th, 2022, 10:00 am
SJR3t2 wrote: February 12th, 2022, 8:32 am You might find this video interesting in that it brings out how the lambs would have only been there during the fall https://youtu.be/CXtsE63Z_h4
That’s probably the most well done video of its kind that I’ve ever seen - thanks for posting
Your welcome I have a few others related to the subject at the top of this page, I have a few others I need to add https://seekingyhwh.org/resources/high-holidays/

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

One thing that people should consider about Tabernacles is that they are to live in huts outside without complete roof, what a perfect time to see the star that would proclaim His birth.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Wondering Wendy wrote: February 12th, 2022, 2:53 am
I lean toward this day, as well. Also because of Exodus 12.
3 ¶ Speak ye unto all the congregation of Israel, saying, In the tenth day of this month they shall take to them every man a lamb, according to the house of their fathers, a lamb for an house:

4 And if the household be too little for the lamb, let him and his neighbour next unto his house take it according to the number of the souls; every man according to his eating shall make your count for the lamb.

5 Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year: ye shall take it out from the sheep, or from the goats:

6 And ye shall keep it up until the fourteenth day of the same month: and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening.

So, the way I see it, the Lamb was taken into the house (Earth) on the 10th day and kept until the 14th day of the same month, the 1st month, then sacrificed. Only it was 34 years later.
"So, the way I see it, the Lamb was taken into the house (Earth) on the 10th day and kept until the 14th day of the same month, the 1st month, then sacrificed. Only it was 34 years later."
Whoa! I never caught that before! Good catch. Thanks.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Silver Pie wrote: February 13th, 2022, 10:26 am
3 ¶ Speak ye unto all the congregation of Israel, saying, In the tenth day of this month they shall take to them every man a lamb, according to the house of their fathers, a lamb for an house:

4 And if the household be too little for the lamb, let him and his neighbour next unto his house take it according to the number of the souls; every man according to his eating shall make your count for the lamb.

5 Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year: ye shall take it out from the sheep, or from the goats:

6 And ye shall keep it up until the fourteenth day of the same month: and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening.

So, the way I see it, the Lamb was taken into the house (Earth) on the 10th day and kept until the 14th day of the same month, the 1st month, then sacrificed. Only it was 34 years later.
"So, the way I see it, the Lamb was taken into the house (Earth) on the 10th day and kept until the 14th day of the same month, the 1st month, then sacrificed. Only it was 34 years later."
Couldn’t, this rather being reflective of His 3 days in the tomb/Sheol, more like be pointing us to His 3 1/2 year ministry? Take a lamb the 10th *day* and hold it 3 days then sacrifice in the evening of the 3rd. Right? Or am I missing something?

I am convinced from everything I’ve been able to get ahold of so far that Jesus was born in the Fall and sacrificed in the Spring - - Just like He was born into a *Fall*en world and His death brings us back into Life (Spring/new life/hope)

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Pazooka wrote: February 13th, 2022, 10:43 am Couldn’t, this rather being reflective of His 3 days in the tomb/Sheol, more like be pointing us to His 3 1/2 year ministry? Take a lamb the 10th *day* and hold it 3 days then sacrifice in the evening of the 3rd. Right? Or am I missing something?

I am convinced from everything I’ve been able to get ahold of so far that Jesus was born in the Fall and sacrificed in the Spring - - Just like He was born into a *Fall*en world and His death brings us back into Life (Spring/new life/hope)
Wondering Wendy's explanation makes sense to me.

And the Book of Mormon is absolutely, incredibly clear that Jesus was born on the 1st day of the month and died on the 4th day of the same month 34 years later.

If one believes the book without trying to force it to fit one's own paradigms, Jesus had to have been born and killed in the exact same month. If he was born in the fall, then he was killed and resurrected in the fall. If he was born in December, he was killed and resurrected in December.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Silver Pie wrote: February 13th, 2022, 10:49 am
Pazooka wrote: February 13th, 2022, 10:43 am Couldn’t, this rather being reflective of His 3 days in the tomb/Sheol, more like be pointing us to His 3 1/2 year ministry? Take a lamb the 10th *day* and hold it 3 days then sacrifice in the evening of the 3rd. Right? Or am I missing something?

Wondering Wendy's explanation makes sense to me.

And the Book of Mormon is absolutely, incredibly clear that Jesus was born on the 1st day of the month and died on the 4th day of the same month 34 years later.

If one believes the book without trying to force it to fit one's own paradigms, Jesus had to have been born and killed in the exact same month. If he was born in the fall, then he was killed and resurrected in the fall. If he was born in December, he was killed and resurrected in December.
3 Nephi 8:
2 And now it came to pass, if there was no mistake made by this man in the reckoning of our time, the thirty and third year had passed away;
3 And the people began to look with great earnestness for the sign which had been given by the prophet Samuel, the Lamanite, yea, for the time that there should be darkness for the space of three days over the face of the land.
4 And there began to be great doubtings and disputations among the people, notwithstanding so many signs had been given.
5 And it came to pass in the thirty and fourth year, in the first month, on the fourth day of the month, there arose a great storm, such an one as never had been known in all the land.

You keep saying that, but nowhere does it say he was *born* then, only died. If he had a 3 1/2 year ministry - which is scripturally very significant - he would have to have been born in the Fall.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

SJR3t2 wrote: February 13th, 2022, 9:59 am
SJR3t2 wrote: February 12th, 2022, 8:32 am You might find this video interesting in that it brings out how the lambs would have only been there during the fall https://youtu.be/CXtsE63Z_h4
That’s probably the most well done video of its kind that I’ve ever seen - thanks for posting
Your welcome I have a few others related to the subject at the top of this page, I have a few others I need to add https://seekingyhwh.org/resources/high-holidays/
Thank you

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

Silver Pie wrote: February 13th, 2022, 10:26 am

Tabernacles is about the King coming to be with us. Passover is about Him being slain for our sins.

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

There is no way Yeshua died and born in the same moon, He was 33.5 years old when He died.

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

Pazooka wrote: February 13th, 2022, 11:54 am
SJR3t2 wrote: February 13th, 2022, 9:59 am
Thank you
Your welcome, I hope you and others find it helpful.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

SJR3t2 wrote: February 13th, 2022, 3:28 pm There is no way Yeshua died and born in the same moon, He was 33.5 years old when He died.
And just for the record, remind me how we know he was 33 1/2 when he died. (Curious)

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Pazooka wrote: February 13th, 2022, 11:05 am You keep saying that, but nowhere does it say he was *born* then, only died. If he had a 3 1/2 year ministry - which is scripturally very significant - he would have to have been born in the Fall.
And after the Messiah shall come there shall be signs given unto my people of his birth . . . .
2 Nephi 26:3
AND now it came to pass that Samuel, the Lamanite, did prophesy a great many more things which cannot be written. And behold, he said unto them: Behold, I give unto you a sign; for five years more cometh, and behold, then cometh the Son of God to redeem all those who shall believe on his name.
And behold, this will I give unto you for a sign at the time of his coming; for behold, there shall be great lights in heaven, insomuch that in the night before he cometh there shall be no darkness, insomuch that it shall appear unto man as if it was day. Therefore, there shall be one day and a night and a day, as if it were one day and there were no night; and this shall be unto you for a sign; for ye shall know of the rising of the sun and also of its setting; therefore they shall know of a surety that there shall be two days and a night; nevertheless the night shall not be darkened; and it shall be the night before he is born. And behold, there shall a new star arise, such an one as ye never have beheld; and this also shall be a sign unto you.
Helaman 14:1-5
And it came to pass that there was no darkness in all that night, but it was as light as though it was mid-day. And it came to pass that the sun did rise in the morning again, according to its proper order; and they knew that it was the day that the Lord should be born, because of the sign which had been given.
3 Nephi 1:19
And nine years had passed away from the time when the sign was given, which was spoken of by the prophets, that Christ should come into the world. Now the Nephites began to reckon their time from this period when the sign was given, or from the coming of Christ; therefore, nine years had passed away.
3 Nephi 2:7-8

Honest questions: Where is the scripture that says Jesus ministered for 3 1/2 years? Where is the scripture that says he began to preach on his 30th birthday and preached until he was 30 1/2 as opposed to beginning at 29 1/2 (if he did, indeed, have to preach for 3 1/2 years)?

The Book of Mormon is incredibly plain as to when Jesus' birth was and as to when his death was.
Birth day = new star appears and it is light all night, even though the sun has gone down.
Death day = 3 days of darkness, as well as earthquakes, fires, tornadoes and sinkholes.

The record is precise:
The first one happened month 1, day 1, year 1 of the new calendar.
The second one happened month 1, day 4, year 34 of the new calendar.

I believe the Book or Mormon. I believe the people who lived at the time and who kept the record knew what they were talking about. I believe we can be incredibly blind when we want it to say something it does not say. I believe that when [we] are learned, [we] think we are wise when we are not.

The argument is not between me and you guys; the argument is between you guys and what the Book of Mormon plainly says.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

I neglected this one about Christ's birth (3 Nephi 1):
7 But there were some who began to say that the time was past for the words to be fulfilled, which were spoken by Samuel, the Lamanite.

6 And they began to rejoice over their brethren, saying: Behold the time is past, and the words of Samuel are not fulfilled; therefore, your joy and your faith concerning this thing hath been vain.

7 And it came to pass that they did make a great uproar throughout the land; and the people who believed began to be very sorrowful, lest by any means those things which had been spoken might not come to pass.

8 But behold, they did watch steadfastly for that day and that night and that day which should be as one day as if there were no night, that they might know that their faith had not been vain.

9 Now it came to pass that there was a day set apart by the unbelievers, that all those who believed in those traditions should be put to death except the sign should come to pass, which had been given by Samuel the prophet.

10 Now it came to pass that when Nephi, the son of Nephi, saw this wickedness of his people, his heart was exceedingly sorrowful.

11 And it came to pass that he went out and bowed himself down upon the earth, and cried mightily to his God in behalf of his people, yea, those who were about to be destroyed because of their faith in the tradition of their fathers.

12 And it came to pass that he cried mightily unto the Lord all that day; and behold, the voice of the Lord came unto him, saying:

13 Lift up your head and be of good cheer; for behold, the time is at hand, and on this night shall the sign be given, and on the morrow come I into the world, to show unto the world that I will fulfil all that which I have caused to be spoken by the mouth of my holy prophets.

14 Behold, I come unto my own, to fulfil all things which I have made known unto the children of men from the foundation of the world, and to do the will, both of the Father and of the Son—of the Father because of me, and of the Son because of my flesh. And behold, the time is at hand, and this night shall the sign be given.

15 And it came to pass that the words which came unto Nephi were fulfilled, according as they had been spoken; for behold, at the going down of the sun there was no darkness; and the people began to be astonished because there was no darkness when the night came.

16 And there were many, who had not believed the words of the prophets, who fell to the earth and became as if they were dead, for they knew that the great plan of destruction which they had laid for those who believed in the words of the prophets had been frustrated; for the sign which had been given was already at hand.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Silver Pie wrote: February 13th, 2022, 7:40 pm
Pazooka wrote: February 13th, 2022, 11:05 am You keep saying that, but nowhere does it say he was *born* then, only died. If he had a 3 1/2 year ministry - which is scripturally very significant - he would have to have been born in the Fall.
And after the Messiah shall come there shall be signs given unto my people of his birth . . . .
AND now it came to pass that Samuel, the Lamanite, did prophesy a great many more things which cannot be written. And behold, he said unto them: Behold, I give unto you a sign; for five years more cometh, and behold, then cometh the Son of God to redeem all those who shall believe on his name.
And behold, this will I give unto you for a sign at the time of his coming; for behold, there shall be great lights in heaven, insomuch that in the night before he cometh there shall be no darkness, insomuch that it shall appear unto man as if it was day. Therefore, there shall be one day and a night and a day, as if it were one day and there were no night; and this shall be unto you for a sign; for ye shall know of the rising of the sun and also of its setting; therefore they shall know of a surety that there shall be two days and a night; nevertheless the night shall not be darkened; and it shall be the night before he is born. And behold, there shall a new star arise, such an one as ye never have beheld; and this also shall be a sign unto you.
And it came to pass that there was no darkness in all that night, but it was as light as though it was mid-day. And it came to pass that the sun did rise in the morning again, according to its proper order; and they knew that it was the day that the Lord should be born, because of the sign which had been given.
And nine years had passed away from the time when the sign was given, which was spoken of by the prophets, that Christ should come into the world. Now the Nephites began to reckon their time from this period when the sign was given, or from the coming of Christ; therefore, nine years had passed away.

Honest questions: Where is the scripture that says Jesus ministered for 3 1/2 years? Where is the scripture that says he began to preach on his 30th birthday and preached until he was 30 1/2 as opposed to beginning at 29 1/2 (if he did, indeed, have to preach for 3 1/2 years)?

The Book of Mormon is incredibly plain as to when Jesus' birth was and as to when his death was.
Birth day = new star appears and it is light all night, even though the sun has gone down.
Death day = 3 days of darkness, as well as earthquakes, fires, tornadoes and sinkholes.

The record is precise:

I believe the Book or Mormon. I believe the people who lived at the time and who kept the record knew what they were talking about. I believe we can be incredibly blind when we want it to say something it does not say. I believe that when [we] are learned, [we] think we are wise when we are not.

The argument is not between me and you guys; the argument is between you guys and what the Book of Mormon plainly says.
The 3 1/2 years comes from the dating of the beginning of Christ’s ministry plus the accounting for the 3 Passovers mentioned in the Gospels, from what I understand.

Luke 3 says And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age

But there are also external sources that corroborate things like Luke 3:1 (below) that place John the Baptist’s ministry in such a way to indicate that Jesus began His ministry in the Fall, experienced things like the temptation in the wilderness and other events before the 1st Passover is mentioned.
(Now in the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Cæsar, Pontius Pilate being governor of Judæa, and Herod being tetrarch of Galilee, and his brother Philip tetrarch of Ituræa and of the region of Trachonitis, and Lysanias the tetrarch of Abilene,)

Yes, there are some who think He preached 29 1/2 2 1/2 years. IDK. But 3 1/2 = a time, times and half a time. And the two witnesses of Revelation 11 have a 3 1/2 year ministry. And it’s exactly half a week. The number just really appeals, I guess...

I think it just boils down to how we have different interpretations of the scriptures you shared... things like whether “nine years had passed away” means nine years to the date or whether it means more like nine years had passed away and now they were in the tenth year, type of thing.
Last edited by Pazooka on February 14th, 2022, 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

The record is precise:

BoM is not plainly stating what you are trying to make it say.

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

Pazooka wrote: February 13th, 2022, 9:00 pm

The record is precise:

The 3 1/2 years comes from the dating of the beginning of Christ’s ministry plus the accounting for the 3 Passovers mentioned in the Gospels, from what I understand.

But there are also external sources that corroborate things like Luke 3:1 (below) that place John the Baptist’s ministry in such a way to indicate that Jesus began His ministry in the Fall, experienced things like the temptation in the wilderness and other events before the 1st Passover is mentioned.
(Now in the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Cæsar, Pontius Pilate being governor of Judæa, and Herod being tetrarch of Galilee, and his brother Philip tetrarch of Ituræa and of the region of Trachonitis, and Lysanias the tetrarch of Abilene,)

Yes, there are some who think He preached 29 1/2 years. IDK. But 3 1/2 = a time, times and half a time. And the two witnesses of Revelation 11 have a 3 1/2 year ministry. And it’s exactly half a week. The number just really appeals, I guess...

I think it just boils down to how we have different interpretations of the scriptures you shared... things like whether “nine years had passed away” means nine years to the date or whether it means more like nine years had passed away and now they were in the tenth year, type of thing.
The 70 weeks of Daniel tells us His mortal ministry was 3.5 years, among other places.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Pazooka wrote: February 13th, 2022, 9:00 pm The 3 1/2 years comes from the dating of the beginning of Christ’s ministry plus the accounting for the 3 Passovers mentioned in the Gospels, from what I understand.

Yes, there are some who think He preached 29 1/2 2 1/2 years. IDK. But 3 1/2 = a time, times and half a time. And the two witnesses of Revelation 11 have a 3 1/2 year ministry. And it’s exactly half a week. The number just really appeals, I guess...

Thanks for answering my questions. I see, better, where you're coming from.

SJR3t2 wrote: February 13th, 2022, 11:01 pm BoM is not plainly stating what you are trying to make it say.
We'll just have to disagree. You won't convince me and I won't convince you, and I'm fine with that.

AZRob
captain of 100

Post by AZRob »

The Book of Mormon is as plain as can be. Thirty-three years on this earth. From 29.5 (baptism in the fall) to 33 (death) makes 3.5 years of ministry. Without the BoM, perhaps some more might be swayed. The late John Pratt believed that the ministry was only three years, as he doesn't count a type of "shadow" ministry for six months, but his other timing hypotheses fall in line with scripture. See this article that actually made the Ensign: https://johnpratt.com/items/docs/lds/pa ... sover.html

Pratt also mentions that Lehi left Jerusalem at the Passover so that his leaving would be a marker denoting exactly 600 years to Christ's birth. Did you ever wonder why Lehi couldn't go back to Jerusalem? It would have messed up the timing, of course! I agree with Pratt on this: https://johnpratt.com/items/docs/lds/me ... i6apr.html.

I've read all of Pratt's articles. Most are excellent until the time when he went off the rails and converted to Snufferism.