I've been anticipating a big market crash since 2008, I think this is it.

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

I've been anticipating a big market crash since 2008, I think this is it.

Post by Original_Intent »

I've been wrong before and making a "timing prediction is almost always a losing bet. I am not an economist or financial advisor, just spouting of my uneducated opinion.

The Nasdaq is down over 2% for the day. The DJIA is down 1%. These have been volatile, and by itself this is no big deal.

Gold and silver are spiking up. Gold passed thru a resistance level at $1850 like a hot knife thru butter. Recent history, when the stock market went down, so did precious metals.

The Fed is making an unplanned announcement later today, probably close to or after the stock markets close.

The Fed is having an emergency, expedited and CLOSED meeting Monday, Feb 14. To discuss interest rates AND OTHER MATTERS THAT WILL NOT BE DISCLOSEDD UNTIL AFTER THE MEETING. Sketchy! https://www.federalreserve.gov/aboutthe ... closed.htm

Biden and the UK are clearly pushing for war with Russia over the Ukraine. This is insane. Now, war often helps the stock market because all of the defense industry suddenly become super profitable on your tax dollar. But war or even the threat of war is going to push Oil, precious metals, and basically all commodities thru the roof. Yes, more price inflation for the 99%, more profit for the 1%.

That's it. Do your own research and prepare to the degree you feel necessary.

tmac
captain of 1,000

Re: I've been anticipating a big market crash since 2008, I think this is it.

Post by tmac »

Can't disagree. I recently heard a so-called financial expert quoting another so-called financial expert who said that any time there is serious talk about raising interest rates at the same time there is any serious talk of war it is a recipe for disaster in stock (financial) markets.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

"U.S. inflation data is like a ‘punch in the stomach’ for the Fed, says Citi economist"
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/11/us-infl ... citi-.html
--------------------------

🤔 the Federal Reserve are liars.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

"All is well in Zion, [as long as] Zion prospereth, all is well". -- but what happens to the Wasatch front when stocks go way down?

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

That didn't take long. Either this is a Fed head-fake, or I'm wrong.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/fed-p ... -rate-hike

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

Look at the bright side… if this isn’t the big one, there’s always tomorrow, and one day you’ll be right and be able to brag to all your friends about how you predicted it!

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

endlessismyname wrote: February 11th, 2022, 1:36 pm Look at the bright side… if this isn’t the big one, there’s always tomorrow, and one day you’ll be right and be able to brag to all your friends about how you predicted it!
haha, that's not my motive. As I stated in the OP, making a guess on the timing is a losing bet.

Jashon
captain of 100

Post by Jashon »

A major shift might have happened after the first trading day of the year.

According to some EWT analysts, we are at the end of supercycle 3, which means that we will see a big corrective supercycle 4, bigger than the sharp corrective cycle 4 of two years ago. It might have already started. There's still a slight possibility, however, for a new ATH.

It's alw. good to bear in mind that bad Januarys often mean there will be nasty selloffs later in the year.

In terms of that, take a look at January 2008, when GBH died, and the nasty selloff of the fall. That was caused, of course, by the RE debacle. We're now 14 years out from that, and 13 years out from the March 2009 low.

Also, take a look at June 2010, after the flash crash of May 2010. The market's acting like that right now, with the flash crash day somewhat analogous to 24 Jan 2022.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

I think this is it

Post by BeNotDeceived »

The interest on the debt will soar when interest rates rise.

The situation is untenable.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

War with Russia is being heavily promoted in the UK. Every time the BBC does this I know the Ministry of Defence and MI6 are feeding them info... just so obvious from the output. (No, I don't have inside contacts - that's for any spooks reading this.)

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

I’m definitely a little worried about the economic outlook. But not feeling dreadful about it, perhaps because I’m pretty well prepared.

I do feel sympathy for the young, single, or newlywed people though. They’re in for a rough couple years I think.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Lexew1899 wrote: February 11th, 2022, 4:15 pm I’m definitely a little worried about the economic outlook. But not feeling dreadful about it, perhaps because I’m pretty well prepared.

I do feel sympathy for the young, single, or newlywed people though. They’re in for a rough couple years I think.
or people who *think* they are going to retire in the next few years.

Down_the_rabbithole
captain of 100

Post by Down_the_rabbithole »

A couple weeks ago there was a FOIA request that finally went through. This FOIA request was pushed back in 2010 on the financial crash of 2008, and the government did everything it could to stop the FOIA request. The group that pushed the FOIA request was Levy Economic Institue. You can get the report; it is crazy. It shows America didn't just bail out the American banks but also most countries. We now know from this FOIA request the FED pushed out 30 trillion (this is on top of our domestic 30 trillion debt). These were none payback loans meaning we just gave the money away. In 2019 the FED also implemented "emergency cash loans" to banks with loans that didn't have to be payed back. In April 2020 they started issuing 1 trillion dollars per-week loans that again didn't need to be payed back. All the debt is over 90 trillion. In short, the dollar must crash for the Great Reset to take place. They are next going to push a FED coin as a way to push out cryptos (which they can't control, which is why they hate crypto). They are crashing the dollar on purpose, even though they will act shocked when it happens. It's by design. Like the WEF said that by 2030, “You'll own nothing and you'll be happy.” The world economic forum is run by the worst among us.

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

BroJones wrote: February 11th, 2022, 1:15 pm "All is well in Zion, [as long as] Zion prospereth, all is well". -- but what happens to the Wasatch front when stocks go way down?
I would bet that real estate values around here will begin heading in a direction closer to reality.
Last edited by Dusty Wanderer on February 12th, 2022, 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Post by JK4Woods »

Crude oil closed today over $93/barrel...

For the last several months it’s been at $82 - $85

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Post by JK4Woods »

Every crypto currency dropped as well...
Never happen before where all crypto currency’s dropped. In the past, there was always one or two that made gains when the big kahuna’s went down...

F6801FDC-1C2D-4B98-B142-5413E9427019.jpeg
F6801FDC-1C2D-4B98-B142-5413E9427019.jpeg (449.73 KiB) Viewed 226 times