What predictions have been made and come true in the last 100 years?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: What predictions have been made and come true in the last 100 years?

Post by Niemand »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: December 31st, 2021, 7:50 am Alex Jones was right?
About some things. So was David Icke who is even more outrageous. I personally take what they say with a pinch of salt, but they are right on certain matters. I think Jones is allowed to run around since however well meaning he is, his manner is actually pretty obnoxious. Likewise, Icke is allowed because he said some other things that were crazy and didn't come true (like certain Scottish islands vanishing in the year 2000).

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: December 31st, 2021, 7:50 am Alex Jones was right?
What was he right about?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Zion Altman wrote: December 24th, 2021, 7:31 am
BeNotDeceived wrote: December 6th, 2021, 10:39 pm I’m thinking of one in particular, that became a defining moment in our countries history.
maybe your earthquake doesn't matter ...
The timing pattern of the 5.7 that landed Moroni's Instrument was extraordinary, and the Walker quake was another that seemed extra peculiar. Then there was a 4.9, and a few others that also seemed strange. Maybe I could agree with you, if you were a bit more specific. In keeping with the theme of this thread, here is one where Michael wisely supplied an opportunity for his Spirt to speak up, rather than predicting stuff which may come across as sign-seeking, and the possibility of ending up like Korihor.
Michael Sherwin wrote: May 21st, 2021, 11:04 pm
BeNotDeceived wrote: May 21st, 2021, 4:23 pm
EmmaLee wrote: May 21st, 2021, 3:36 pm
BeNotDeceived wrote: May 21st, 2021, 3:29 pm

BOLO for 7.3 :P
Always! ;)
Need look no further as per USGS update. :o
Michael Sherwin wrote: May 15th, 2021, 7:22 am First there was a 5.7 then a 6.5 so now all I'll do is give an opportunity to the Spirit to speak up with a 7.3 and fully take the hit if it does not and say I must have been deceived by a false spirit all this time.
The timing of the first demo was amazing, as per: viewtopic.php?p=1124195#p1124195

It be the first strong quake reported, occurring < 7 days after declaration. :mrgreen:
I don't know what else I can do to get people to acknowledge that all that has happened in my life is not just coincidence or made up. I wonder how many have even been paying enough attention to even know what you are talking about?
And, speak up it did, within one weeks time even, so that seems in keeping with the theme of this thread, but accomplished more prudently. Rare is the person, that does such stuff, as most predictions that do come true are because an individual properly identifies a trend, or plays some role in bringing something to pass, as was the case with JFK saying we'd put a man on the moon.

search.php?keywords=38ii currently shows 241 matches when I'm logged in. Lurkers may see less, but newbies may appreciate knowing that the little quote arrows are hot linked to the original timestamped posting, should they wish to verify said earthquake opportunity.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

I'm not a Frank Zappa fan, but boy, it seems he was right about this one:
The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theatre.

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

Has not happened yet but I look forward to this:

Apostle Orson F. Whitney:

Many of this people are perhaps preparing themselves, by following after the world in its mad race for wealth and pleasure, to go down with Babylon when she crumbles and falls but I know there is a people in the heart’s core of this people, that will arise in their majesty in a day that is near at hand, and push spiritual things to the front; a people who will stand up for God, fearing not man nor what man can do, but believing as the Prophet Joseph says, that all things we suffer are for our best good, and that God will stand by us forever and ever. (Des. News, Aug. 11, 1889)

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

Orson Hyde, April 1846:

Evil men, ambitious of power, must needs arise among you, and they shall be led by their own self-will and not by me. Yet they are instruments in my hands, and are permitted to try my people, and to collect from among them those who are not the elect, and such as are unworthy of eternal life. Grieve not after them, neither mourn nor be alarmed. My people know my voice and also the voice of my spirit, and a stranger they will not follow; Therefore such as follow strangers are not my people.

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

Men have said, probably, to all of you who have been out and mingled with the world, “It is very well for you Latter-day Saints to talk about your condition now, because you are a primitive people, you are a young community, you have not been tempted and tried. Wait till you increase in wealth, and until you become familiar with the sins which surround the wealthy. Wait until you are brought in contact with luxury; wait until the spirit of reform which animated your pioneers dies out, and a generation rises up who will think more of the world; then there will be a different feeling and spirit, and you will not be persecuted, hated or despised. You will become more popular, because the world will become familiarized with your ideas. Then `Mormonism’ and the Latter-day Saints will become like every other people that have preceded them—overcome by the luxuries of the world, and by the love of riches. (JD 15:207)

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

In an interview with David Whitmer a year before he died, he was asked:

“When will the Temple be built in Independence?

“Right after the great tribulation is over.

“What do you mean by that?

“A civil war more bloody and cruel than the rebellion. It will be a smashing up of this nation, about which time the second great work has to be done, a work like Joseph did, and the translation of the sealed plates, and <then there will be> peace all over.” (Des. News, Aug. 13, 1878)

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

After these scenes had passed, I found myself standing on the left bank of the Missouri River, just opposite to where stood the City of Independence and soon discovered that the states of Illinois, Missouri, and part of Iowa had been swept clean of its inhabitants and the surrounding country was a complete wilderness.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Truth can come from surprising sources, and whatever you think of Malcolm X otherwise, this quote is certainly true, even more so today when the media has reasserted its grip:
The media’s the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that’s power. Because they control the minds of the masses. The press is so powerful in its image-making role, it can make the criminal look like he’s a the victim and make the victim look like he’s the criminal. This is the press, an irresponsible press. It will make the criminal look like he’s the victim and make the victim look like he’s the criminal. If you aren’t careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Niemand wrote: December 12th, 2021, 5:02 am J.G. Ballard predicts social media, Tik Tok & Youtube... in the 1970s.
Every home will be transformed into its own TV studio. We’ll all be simultaneously actor, director and screenwriter in our own soap opera. People will start screening themselves. They will become their own TV programmes.

Some will be the star of Looney Toons, set to Doomy Tunes. :lol:

Say goodby to gravity!

Say goodby to death!

3*8**

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Robin Hood wrote: December 23rd, 2021, 6:36 am The coming forth of the Davidic Servant.... several times!
Michael Sherwin wrote: January 7th, 2021, 1:28 am 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

Could be when God stops holding up the pillars of this creation. Which also ties in with the folding up of the moth eaten garment parable. And I tied that in with December 21st and the I Pet Goat video. I have gone on record saying that it looks like the conjunction on December 21st might be when God stopped holding up the pillars of this creation. And if that is true one of the early signs that it is true will be volcanoes going off like popcorn. On December 21st Kilauea erupted and so did Etna and Popocatepetl about that time. Sorry I'm too lazy right now to look up specific times. Since then there have been quite a few more volcanoes start to erupt. There are now at least 28 active volcanoes with many more on the verge of erupting. If this gets much worse then it will not get better. It will be the end. I have not checked the temperatures in Australia. If they are having record highs for this time of year that would be another indication. The Sun will get hotter and hotter until it burns seven times hotter.
Sushi breaks the good news. :lol:
sushi_chef wrote: March 20th, 2022, 3:53 am
"Eastern Antarctica sees record temperatures 70 degrees warmer than normal ...
search.php?keywords=popcorn&terms=all&a ... mit=Search may show how that's working out for you.

The pillars of creation may crash at any moment, but no worries, go back to sleep. :P

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

Dane Wigington
GeoengineeringWatch.org

Flash floods, flash freezes and flash droughts, is weaponized weather being used to control the masses? While big pharma continues to advocate for even more "boosters" and the Ukraine conflict continues to benefit the military industrial complex, biosphere collapse is accelerating by the day. Last week temperatures in Antarctica were recorded at 70 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit above normal. In the western US drought is becoming more catastrophic by the day. In other regions of the US engineered winter "weather whiplash" is becoming the norm. We are now in truly uncharted territory, how close is impact? The latest installment of Global Alert News is below.

All are needed in the critical battle to wake populations to what is coming, we must make every day count. Share credible data from a credible source, make your voice heard. Awareness raising efforts can be carried out from your own home computer.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Classic British TV drama here. If you can get past the suits and the budget, it's high concept.
JuneBug12000 wrote: April 6th, 2022, 9:24 pm https://www.bitchute.com/video/5nqQ3k5ELkyt/

News Benders 1968

A man is "offered" a job after he learns how the world really works. Technocracy. Fake News. And a job helping that he can't refuse.

Not sure how I even found this video, but it is a bit eerie considering. . .

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Came across James Martin by accident. I hadn't heard of him before. He wrote over a hundred books and was an IT guru. His vision of the future is aligned to Schwab's but not as dark.

In the 1960s, he discussed the internet. It was set up secretly as ARPAnet in that decade. No idea if he was aware of this.

He also earned suspiciously big amounts of money, we're talking tens of millions, enough to buy an island in Bermuda and also seems to have donated a lot of it to Oxford University and various globalist projects. Almost certainly an insider or a "philosopher king".

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/peop ... 82882.html
Since 2005, Martin has donated $150m to the University of Oxford to set up a school to study the problems of the 21st century. Martin is now the single biggest private donor in Oxford's 900-year history, more generous even than Sir Thomas Bodley, the diplomat, scholar and founder in 1598 of the Bodleian Library. In fact, Martin's is the largest single gift to any university in Britain. Yet few people would recognise his name, let alone his face.
From there, after National Service, his first proper job was with IBM, the giant American computer company. At that time, all computers were mainframes the size of a small planet, and only the richest companies could afford them. Computers were reserved for large organisations, and would remain so right through to the early 1980s, when the first home computers first appeared.
In the 1960s, Martin joined IBM's in-house "university", the Systems Research Institute in New York and started to make a name for himself as an expert in complex systems. He was also something of a futurologist, with a vision that extended beyond the next balance sheet. His great obsession then was the possibility of linking computers together via a telecommunications network – something viewed as almost science fiction in those pre-internet days.
In the bedroom where I'm to stay the night, he leaves a selection of his books and, the next morning I start to read one, Future Developments in Telecommunications, published in 1977. I knew that Martin had a reputation for making accurate predictions in technology. The Wired Society had foreseen the internet two decades before it actually happened. This book was similarly uncanny.
Under the heading "A future scenario", a preamble warns that what follows is "not a forecast but a statement of what is likely to be possible". In the late 1980s, Martin writes, many people will work from home, but "curiously the companies most reluctant to allow their employees to work at home are the giant, conservative computer and telephone companies which make it possible".
In the early 1990s, he predicts, executives will have wall-mounted screens facing their desks and telephone transmissions around the world by satellites will be cheap and routine. Most shopping will be done from home computer screens, printed newspapers will cease production in the US and at least one cable TV news channel will bring 24-hour news. Not bad, I thought.
24hr news? Already being pioneered in the eighties. Not a good prediction unlike the rest.
Later that decade, Martin foresees a new form of hand-held communication device. "Most people now carry a portable radio transceiver with a telephone keyboard," he says. "Computerised video dating gains popularity with customers examining computer-selective prospective dates on their home screens."
Martin, who describes himself as "apolitical", pledged an initial gift of $100m to Oxford in 2005 to establish the school. But last year he made a further pledge of around $50m in matching funds – for every $1m pledged by another donor, he would match it with the same amount. Big names have come out to play, including George Soros and Bill Gates
Pretty much means he was in the in crowd.
was not what Martin wanted to hear. He realised then that he had to shift direction, away from the minutiae of the technology industry to the bigger picture of human survival. He wanted to find the meaning of the 21st century, to discover what humanity needs to do to pull it through the coming bottleneck of problems caused by the "perfect storm" of population growth, climate change and shortages of food, water and resources.
He set about re-inventing himself, writing a book that would become a manifesto for his philosophy. The Meaning of the 21st Century: A Vital Blueprint for Ensuring Our Future was published in 2006, a year after the initial launch of his school in Oxford. For Martin, the 21st century represented the point in human history when all the greatest problems will converge together, like a fast-flowing river flowing through a constriction in a deep canyon. He believed that the world will need to tap the intellectual resources of the best minds if we are to survive the coming transition.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Anthony Burgess is best known for A Clockwork Orange, a very misunderstood book about free agency. He also wrote the Wanting Seed (1962) which describes a future society in which homosexuality is forcibly encouraged to keep down the population.

Heterosexuals are discriminated against in the future world of this novel, and one male character pretends to be gay for his job prospects.
We're a government that believes in everybody having the illusion of free will.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

Niemand wrote: April 16th, 2022, 7:14 am Came across James Martin by accident. I hadn't heard of him before. He wrote over a hundred books and was an IT guru. His vision of the future is aligned to Schwab's but not as dark.

In the 1960s, he discussed the internet. It was set up secretly as ARPAnet in that decade. No idea if he was aware of this.

He also earned suspiciously big amounts of money, we're talking tens of millions, enough to buy an island in Bermuda and also seems to have donated a lot of it to Oxford University and various globalist projects. Almost certainly an insider or a "philosopher king".

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/peop ... 82882.html
Since 2005, Martin has donated $150m to the University of Oxford to set up a school to study the problems of the 21st century. Martin is now the single biggest private donor in Oxford's 900-year history, more generous even than Sir Thomas Bodley, the diplomat, scholar and founder in 1598 of the Bodleian Library. In fact, Martin's is the largest single gift to any university in Britain. Yet few people would recognise his name, let alone his face.
From there, after National Service, his first proper job was with IBM, the giant American computer company. At that time, all computers were mainframes the size of a small planet, and only the richest companies could afford them. Computers were reserved for large organisations, and would remain so right through to the early 1980s, when the first home computers first appeared.
In the 1960s, Martin joined IBM's in-house "university", the Systems Research Institute in New York and started to make a name for himself as an expert in complex systems. He was also something of a futurologist, with a vision that extended beyond the next balance sheet. His great obsession then was the possibility of linking computers together via a telecommunications network – something viewed as almost science fiction in those pre-internet days.
It may have been viewed as science fiction by people with no idea what they were talking about, but Tesla demonstrated radio control in 1898. Analog to digital already existed. Phones had been around quite some time. To people in the field, it was obvious, even if they didn't know about the arpanet project.
In the bedroom where I'm to stay the night, he leaves a selection of his books and, the next morning I start to read one, Future Developments in Telecommunications, published in 1977. I knew that Martin had a reputation for making accurate predictions in technology. The Wired Society had foreseen the internet two decades before it actually happened. This book was similarly uncanny.
He was not alone. From Wikipedia: The underlying concept of hypertext as a user interface paradigm originated in projects in the 1960s, from research such as the Hypertext Editing System (HES) by Andries van Dam at Brown University, IBM Generalized Markup Language, Ted Nelson's Project Xanadu, and Douglas Engelbart's oN-Line System (NLS)
Under the heading "A future scenario", a preamble warns that what follows is "not a forecast but a statement of what is likely to be possible". In the late 1980s, Martin writes, many people will work from home, but "curiously the companies most reluctant to allow their employees to work at home are the giant, conservative computer and telephone companies which make it possible".
Correct on the first point. Incorrect on the second. Not a stretch as many people already worked from home in the 1980s,
In the early 1990s, he predicts, executives will have wall-mounted screens facing their desks and telephone transmissions around the world by satellites will be cheap and routine. Most shopping will be done from home computer screens, printed newspapers will cease production in the US and at least one cable TV news channel will bring 24-hour news. Not bad, I thought.
24hr news? Already being pioneered in the eighties. Not a good prediction unlike the rest.

Not only that, but video conferencing already existed and was used, but it was expensive. With computers and everything else coming down in price rapidly, this was almost an inevitability.This is like me predicting the US will used a digital currency and some people won't like it.
Later that decade, Martin foresees a new form of hand-held communication device. "Most people now carry a portable radio transceiver with a telephone keyboard," he says. "Computerised video dating gains popularity with customers examining computer-selective prospective dates on their home screens."
I've been out of the dating market a while. Is video dating popular?
Martin, who describes himself as "apolitical", pledged an initial gift of $100m to Oxford in 2005 to establish the school. But last year he made a further pledge of around $50m in matching funds – for every $1m pledged by another donor, he would match it with the same amount. Big names have come out to play, including George Soros and Bill Gates
Pretty much means he was in the in crowd. I agree. If you have hundreds of billions of dollars for providing little value to society, then you're in the crowd.
was not what Martin wanted to hear. He realised then that he had to shift direction, away from the minutiae of the technology industry to the bigger picture of human survival. He wanted to find the meaning of the 21st century, to discover what humanity needs to do to pull it through the coming bottleneck of problems caused by the "perfect storm" of population growth, climate change and shortages of food, water and resources.
He set about re-inventing himself, writing a book that would become a manifesto for his philosophy. The Meaning of the 21st Century: A Vital Blueprint for Ensuring Our Future was published in 2006, a year after the initial launch of his school in Oxford. For Martin, the 21st century represented the point in human history when all the greatest problems will converge together, like a fast-flowing river flowing through a constriction in a deep canyon. He believed that the world will need to tap the intellectual resources of the best minds if we are to survive the coming transition.

ILiveIDieILiveAgain
captain of 100

Post by ILiveIDieILiveAgain »

Every single prediction I've made on this forum of a big bunch of nothing Second Coming-ish, end of world-ish, anything like unto that-ish, has all come to pass. All of it. I have a literal 100% track record. I haven't missed one anti-prophecy that I've made. And I've made specific dates for everything I've anti-prophesied. I have a personal policy to not make an anti-prophecy without including a specific date, to the day. I'm not in the mood to burn up my time going back and itemizing it all, so that's on you. Guessing off the top of my head, it seems like I've had over a dozen successful anti-prophecies since I started here back in 2009? 2006? whenever it was. My most current still in force anti-prophecy is that a big bunch of the same more nothing will happen for the 2024 eclipse.
Worlds without end.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

ILiveIDieILiveAgain wrote: November 16th, 2022, 6:28 pm Every single prediction I've made on this forum of a big bunch of nothing Second Coming-ish, end of world-ish, anything like unto that-ish, has all come to pass. All of it. I have a literal 100% track record. I haven't missed one anti-prophecy that I've made. And I've made specific dates for everything I've anti-prophesied. I have a personal policy to not make an anti-prophecy without including a specific date, to the day. I'm not in the mood to burn up my time going back and itemizing it all, so that's on you. Guessing off the top of my head, it seems like I've had over a dozen successful anti-prophecies since I started here back in 2009? 2006? whenever it was. My most current still in force anti-prophecy is that a big bunch of the same more nothing will happen for the 2024 eclipse.
Worlds without end.
What was your response when somebody said something about a magnitude 7.3 earthquake?

ILiveIDieILiveAgain
captain of 100

BeNotDeceived wrote: November 16th, 2022, 7:40 pm
ILiveIDieILiveAgain wrote: November 16th, 2022, 6:28 pm Every single prediction I've made on this forum of a big bunch of nothing Second Coming-ish, end of world-ish, anything like unto that-ish, has all come to pass. All of it. I have a literal 100% track record. I haven't missed one anti-prophecy that I've made. And I've made specific dates for everything I've anti-prophesied. I have a personal policy to not make an anti-prophecy without including a specific date, to the day. I'm not in the mood to burn up my time going back and itemizing it all, so that's on you. Guessing off the top of my head, it seems like I've had over a dozen successful anti-prophecies since I started here back in 2009? 2006? whenever it was. My most current still in force anti-prophecy is that a big bunch of the same more nothing will happen for the 2024 eclipse.
Worlds without end.
What was your response when somebody said something about a magnitude 7.3 earthquake?
Which one? About 500,000 earthquakes per year. Just what happens on a planet that has moving tectonic plates. There's been 10 7+'s in just this year. 19 in 2021.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

true

Post by BeNotDeceived »

ILiveIDieILiveAgain wrote: November 16th, 2022, 9:29 pm
Which one? About 500,000 earthquakes per year. Just what happens on a planet that has moving tectonic plates. There's been 10 7+'s in just this year. 19 in 2021.
The opportunity given thusly:
Michael Sherwin wrote: May 15th, 2021, 7:22 am
… so now all I'll do is give an opportunity to the Spirit to speak up with a 7.3 …

ILiveIDieILiveAgain
captain of 100

Re: true

BeNotDeceived wrote: November 17th, 2022, 1:26 am
ILiveIDieILiveAgain wrote: November 16th, 2022, 9:29 pm
The opportunity given thusly:
Michael Sherwin wrote: May 15th, 2021, 7:22 am
… so now all I'll do is give an opportunity to the Spirit to speak up with a 7.3 …
Look at that! The Brah got one! 499,999 to go. :lol:
Would have been more powerful if he would have date stamped it. Pretty much anybody and everybody can predict there will be at least 1 more 7+ before the end of this year, and they'll most likely get it simply based on statistics. Anybody could predict that there will be at least 12 7+'s in 2023, and they'll probably get that, too, due to statistics.
If they can predict the date (even more so the time) and where it will be, now that's something worth something.

Jamescm
captain of 100

Post by Jamescm »

I've only made successful predictions within my sphere of influence. I predicted that my son would cry at the end of "Where the Red Fern Grows", and that my daughter would want ramen noodles for lunch every single day for the past seven months. I predicted my other son would hurt himself if he kept jumping off of the trampoline and onto the hard floor, which came to pass. I even prophetically warned my other son that if he let his infant brother hold his dice, that he would shove them in his mouth. Daring to question his seer of a father, he handed his dice over, which the baby promptly began shoving in his mouth.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: true

Post by BeNotDeceived »

ILiveIDieILiveAgain wrote: November 17th, 2022, 10:25 am
Look at that! The Brah got one! 499,999 to go. :lol:
Would have been more powerful if he would have date stamped it. Pretty much anybody and everybody can predict there will be at least 1 more 7+ before the end of this year, and they'll most likely get it simply based on statistics. Anybody could predict that there will be at least 12 7+'s in 2023, and they'll probably get that, too, due to statistics.
If they can predict the date (even more so the time) and where it will be, now that's something worth something.
You seem to have at least a basic understanding of the principles of probability. :)

Please for the purpose of discussion, let’s define a significant earthquake as those with a measured magnitude greater than or equal to 5.5. What do you suppose the chance is that the very next significant earthquake would have a measured magnitude of exactly 7.3?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

true in the last 100 years?

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Again we await a response from a formerly eager responder. 8-)

Reminds me of Taki and Elbur from times past. :lol:

Perhaps 3rd time is the charm?

Prolly not. :?
Think about the Snake Eyes situation.

How does it apply to the magnitude of the next earthquake?