I might go to Institute this week without a mask. Change my mind.

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Allison
captain of 1,000

I might go to Institute this week without a mask. Change my mind.

Post by Allison »

First class in years here. I might be the only one. The mass murderess.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Re: I might go to Institute this week without a mask. Change my mind.

Post by HVDC »

Let us know how it goes.

Could be interesting.

Be brave.

Sir H

Bbhector
captain of 10

Post by Bbhector »

Be the one

Rubicon
captain of 1,000

Post by Rubicon »

I think you'll be surprised. I'll bet no one says anything to you. Most of the Angst is in people's minds (what will they say?) We've found at church, at the temple, at the store, or wherever, if you confidently don't wear a mask and act as if they didn't exist, no one says anything to you.

"A coward dies many times before his death. The brave taste of death but once." Shakespeare, Julius Caesar
Last edited by Rubicon on January 31st, 2022, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

If you do, be prepared to answer why you’re doing it. Not with opinions, but facts. Not with rhetoric, but with a logical argument. Not with anger, but with the love of God in your heart.

I would strongly recommend you pray about this decision and see what intelligence the Spirit communicates to you.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Allison wrote: January 31st, 2022, 5:18 pm First class in years here. I might be the only one. The mass murderess.
You can do it! We have to do 'hard things' and you have to be the one to do this 'hard thing'!😁👍
You got this, Al!

keeprunning
captain of 100

Post by keeprunning »

I've been the only one without in RS before. No one dared say anything, the cowards. ;) Only a little 5 year old has asked, and I just said, I'm not sick!

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

Allison wrote: January 31st, 2022, 5:18 pm First class in years here. I might be the only one. The mass murderess.
I’d stand with you and go without a mask as well

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

Remember to follow wise and thoughtful counsel :)

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

There are only two types of people that will disagree with you. Those dedicated disciples of satan that hate God and Jesus and will do everything in their power to help the UN, WEF, and satan himself to over throw the plan of salvation of the Almighty God. The other ones that will disagree are people whose minds are so incredibly weak that they can not even understand how a mosquito can get through a chain link fence.

In both cases, it is an extreme hatred for mankind that fuels the fire.

The truth is not hiding. It is suppressed. Anyone with a desire for truth can find it. Those that did not find, did not seek.

CuriousThinker
captain of 1,000

Post by CuriousThinker »

My two adult kids go to the institute here without masks. Maybe 4 out of 30 wear them.

OPMissionary
captain of 100

Post by OPMissionary »

Are you a teacher? Maybe that would russel some Nelsons. Otherwise I don't think it's too big a deal, at least in my area where I have gone without one and no one cared.

Allison
captain of 1,000

Post by Allison »

Oh goodness, thank you everybody for making me laugh so hard!

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

Fred wrote: January 31st, 2022, 5:50 pm The truth is not hiding. It is suppressed. Anyone with a desire for truth can find it. Those that did not find, did not seek.
Truer words have rarely been spoken.

Allison
captain of 1,000

Post by Allison »

OPMissionary wrote: January 31st, 2022, 7:09 pm
Are you a teacher? Maybe that would russel some Nelsons. Otherwise I don't think it's too big a deal, at least in my area where I have gone without one and no one cared.
😂😂😂, ohhhhhhhh!

I’m not the teacher, they wouldn’t dare! 😂

Down_the_rabbithole
captain of 100

Post by Down_the_rabbithole »

If anyone says anything, print this off and hand it to them. https://www.justfacts.com/news_face_mas ... falsehoods

OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Post by OCDMOM »

The game at the So-fi yesterday tons of people were not wearing masks. Gavin Newsome including. It is over.

Allison
captain of 1,000

Post by Allison »

Down_the_rabbithole wrote: January 31st, 2022, 7:34 pm If anyone says anything, print this off and hand it to them. https://www.justfacts.com/news_face_mas ... falsehoods
Was going to print it, but wow, 78 pages!

Down_the_rabbithole
captain of 100

Post by Down_the_rabbithole »

Allison wrote: January 31st, 2022, 7:47 pm
Down_the_rabbithole wrote: January 31st, 2022, 7:34 pm If anyone says anything, print this off and hand it to them. https://www.justfacts.com/news_face_mas ... falsehoods
Was going to print it, but wow, 78 pages!
There are some great images (like the one where it shows the sizes of mask pores vs. virus particles) or even just the bullet point list on the first couple pages.

Allison
captain of 1,000

Post by Allison »

I don’t expect to win any popularity contests. All of the respectable people are careful to wear masks when standing. Some of the most conscientious and benevolent never take their masks off.

Then there’s a group of us, the Fallen. It’s okay, truth is too important. And someday the others will understand.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Rubicon wrote: January 31st, 2022, 5:23 pm I think you'll be surprised. I'll bet no one says anything to you. Most of the Angst is in people's minds (what will they say?) We've found at church, at the temple, at the store, or wherever, if you confidently don't wear a mask and act as if they didn't exist, no one says anything to you.

"A coward dies many times before his death. The brave taste of death but once." Shakespeare, Julius Caesar

It works most places... except on airplanes :x

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Allison wrote: January 31st, 2022, 8:24 pm And someday the others will understand.
Before it’s too late?

Allison
captain of 1,000

Post by Allison »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: January 31st, 2022, 8:45 pm
Allison wrote: January 31st, 2022, 8:24 pm And someday the others will understand.
Before it’s too late?
Too late for them? I pray not. I don’t see very many people at a destination, so much as on a rather convoluted journey. So where someone is today could be very far from where they will be in a year or two. Or ten. Or the next life.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

OPMissionary wrote: January 31st, 2022, 7:09 pm russel some Nelsons.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Allison wrote: January 31st, 2022, 8:49 pm
Gadianton Slayer wrote: January 31st, 2022, 8:45 pm
Before it’s too late?
Too late for them? I pray not. I don’t see very many people at a destination, so much as on a rather convoluted journey. So where someone is today could be very far from where they will be in a year or two. Or ten. Or the next life.
I agree.

Eventually, people will have to think and act for themselves; which should sound fairly obvious... but over the last 2 years we've seen that it's not the case with many people, SPECIFICALLY in the religious realm.

What are the consequences of having a curse pronounced upon you for trusting in the arm of flesh? Or for not awakening to the awful situation like we are commanded to do in Ether?

In JST Mark 9, Christ essentially tells us that if those "appointed over us" are to transgress, and we continue to follow them, we will be cast into Hell fire. How many will be unwilling to pluck them out?

Questions to ponder on. I too pray that someday they will understand.