Workplace Mandates: How Have You Been Affected?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.

Workplace Mandates: How Have You been Affected?

No mandate.
58%
Warned: not yet terminated.
18%
Quit: resigned after being warned.
No votes
Quit: resigned before being terminated.
3%
Terminated: not eligible for rehire.
3%
Terminated: eligible for rehire.
No votes
Mandate: Received religious exemption.
15%
Mandate: Received medicial exemption.
No votes
Mandate: Received religions and medicial exemptions.
No votes
Retired: before being warned.
3%
Retired: after being warned.
No votes
Retired: in lieu of being terminated.
No votes

Total votes: 33
h_p
captain of 1,000

Re: Workplace Mandates: How Have You Been Affected?

Post by h_p »

HVDC wrote: January 29th, 2022, 8:10 am For those of you who applied for religious exemptions.
Here's the relevant section from my "accommodation request" (redacted the company name for privacy reasons). I felt like question 4 was a violation of my civil rights, as it subjects me to a religious purity test, and exposes me to religious discrimination, but it's not like the law matters anymore here. And physical banishment from all contact with the company felt punitive--there was no requirement for that from the government.

I didn't mention any religious denomination, since the church's stance is diametrically opposed to my own personal religious beliefs on the matter. I felt like I received guidance directly from God, and that's what I told them.

Anyways, they at least honored my request, and the mandate got struck down anyways.
relexempt.png
relexempt.png (26.52 KiB) Viewed 247 times

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

ParticleMan wrote: January 29th, 2022, 8:38 pm
HVDC wrote: January 29th, 2022, 8:10 am For those of you who applied for religious exemptions.

Approved or rejected.
Could you elaborate a bit?
Was there a form?
What kind of questions.
Did you declare a specific religion.
How were you treated, etc.

You experiences may help others.

Thanks.

Sir H
Approved. The form asked why and for my preferred accommodations, in which I did not declare a religion but simply stated my personal revelation. The next step was someone in HR making a voice call to answer questions and explain the final step of the application process. In email and voice communications, I was treated with absolute respect.

Sometime after the exemption request deadline, it was announced that company policy is to accept all religious exemption requests.

It would be unwise to declare a religion.

If circumstances ever warrant, I will not merely play the game of requesting my rights through a form but will assert my rights, such as Peggy Hall has discussed: https://www.thehealthyamerican.org/
Thank you for sharing your experience.

I had to fill out an online form that asked specific questions.

Which I don't have available at the moment.

But it appeared to me that they wanted me to add as much information as possible so they could develop an argument against approval.

One question asked if I had any vaccines other than childhood ones.

Another asked specifically about flue shots.

Another referenced fetal tissue.

The last one asked if I had anything in writing stating my beliefs.

I said yes, the Bible.

I kept my answers short and only declared a general religious belief.

In my case, they never ruled on my request because they have temporarily removed the requirement pending litigation.

So I don't know whether they would have approved it or not.

Interesting aside, early in the hiring process I was assured by the spirit that not only would I get the job, but that I would also not have to get the shot.

At the same time people there were quiting in lieu of being fired for refusing to get the jab.

I had no idea how it would happen but I had faith something would.

And it did.

Not sure I am worthy of such attention.

Something to ponder.

Sir H

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

h_p wrote: January 29th, 2022, 9:15 pm
Here's the relevant section from my "accommodation request" (redacted the company name for privacy reasons). I felt like question 4 was a violation of my civil rights, as it subjects me to a religious purity test, and exposes me to religious discrimination, but it's not like the law matters anymore here. And physical banishment from all contact with the company felt punitive--there was no requirement for that from the government.

I didn't mention any religious denomination, since the church's stance is diametrically opposed to my own personal religious beliefs on the matter. I felt like I received guidance directly from God, and that's what I told them.

Anyways, they at least honored my request, and the mandate got struck down anyways.

relexempt.png
I think it is interesting that in a country initially founded upon the idea of the free practice of religion.

That so many people believe they have the right to determine whether or not your beliefs fall within their definition of sincerely held ones.

Incredible really.

Thanks for sharing.

She H

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

HVDC wrote: January 29th, 2022, 9:56 pm I think it is interesting that in a country initially founded upon the idea of the free practice of religion.

That so many people believe they have the right to determine whether or not your beliefs fall within their definition of sincerely held ones.
It's also interesting that a church that has freedom of conscience as one of its 13 fundamental tenets does the same: https://healthservices.byuh.edu/https:/ ... rounds.pdf
byuh-exemption.png
byuh-exemption.png (120.93 KiB) Viewed 190 times

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

HVDC wrote: January 27th, 2022, 9:19 am I am wondering how the workplace Covid vaccine mandates are actually affecting people on the job.

I myself am retired, but have worked several part-time jobs over the last couple of years.

I did not have to vaxx for any of them.

I recently applied for a Federal job with vaxxine mandates.

I asked for a religious exemption.

Today I was informed that the Federal mandates have been temporary suspended.

And I was offered a full-time position.

I probably will still have to wear a mask

How about you?

Sir H

seriously. . . thank you for the post

my son builds bombs and is madder than h@!! that he took the shot . . .hope he survives

keeprunning
captain of 100

Post by keeprunning »

We have been taking the wait it out approach. Yes, there are mandates, but nobody has come to him to personally enforce it yet. Avoided it for months.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

keeprunning wrote: January 30th, 2022, 4:46 pm We have been taking the wait it out approach. Yes, there are mandates, but nobody has come to him to personally enforce it yet. Avoided it for months.
I hope you/he can keep avoiding it.

The longer, the better in my opinion.

Sir H

keeprunning
captain of 100

Post by keeprunning »

If they approach him then we'll deal with the exemptions. Hoping laws keep changing in the meantime.

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

Vaccine mandate where I work (they call it an "attestation") with the option to appeal for an accommodation through religious or medical exemption. It's a large company made up of many business units and since they have a business unit or two that are federal contractors, they have applied that process to all their employees. I have an approved religious exemption that I made a case for around "the dictates of my own conscience". (I wanted to avoid specifics of my religion as much as possible and just stick to how it has influenced the shaping of my conscience, which tells me the vaccine is not for me and the mandate is wrong.)

I am concerned with what I have recently read that a federal database is being created to track personal information for all federal employees who filed religious exemptions. It is my understanding that federal contractors are also in scope and I am concerned my company will be handing over my information along with the other federal contractors, though I have never gone through the process to become one.

The database comes online on Feb. 10th. It will be managed by Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency (CSOSA), whose mission is to track criminals and provide information from their databases to other federal departments and agencies. It's under the Executive Branch (big surprise). Here's more information about the CSOSA project: https://www.federalregister.gov/documen ... of-records

Also, if you want the short version and summary of the official CSOSA proposal above, here's a report on it: https://headlineusa.com/federal-agency- ... e-mandate/

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

Dusty Wanderer wrote: January 31st, 2022, 4:42 pm Vaccine mandate where I work (they call it an "attestation") with the option to appeal for an accommodation through religious or medical exemption. It's a large company made up of many business units and since they have a business unit or two that are federal contractors, they have applied that process to all their employees. I have an approved religious exemption that I made a case for around "the dictates of my own conscience". (I wanted to avoid specifics of my religion as much as possible and just stick to how it has influenced the shaping of my conscience, which tells me the vaccine is not for me and the mandate is wrong.)

I am concerned with what I have recently read that a federal database is being created to track personal information for all federal employees who filed religious exemptions. It is my understanding that federal contractors are also in scope and I am concerned my company will be handing over my information along with the other federal contractors, though I have never gone through the process to become one.

The database comes online on Feb. 10th. It will be managed by Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency (CSOSA), whose mission is to track criminals and provide information from their databases to other federal departments and agencies. It's under the Executive Branch (big surprise). Here's more information about the CSOSA project: https://www.federalregister.gov/documen ... of-records

Also, if you want the short version and summary of the official CSOSA proposal above, here's a report on it: https://headlineusa.com/federal-agency- ... e-mandate/
Chilling.

Completely unnecessary.

If anyone still thinks this has all been about some disease.

They are obtuse.

Thank you for posting this.

It appears to be completely under the radar.

We are not going to clever or comply our way out of this.

Sir H

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

HVDC wrote: January 31st, 2022, 5:06 pm
Dusty Wanderer wrote: January 31st, 2022, 4:42 pm Vaccine mandate where I work (they call it an "attestation") with the option to appeal for an accommodation through religious or medical exemption. It's a large company made up of many business units and since they have a business unit or two that are federal contractors, they have applied that process to all their employees. I have an approved religious exemption that I made a case for around "the dictates of my own conscience". (I wanted to avoid specifics of my religion as much as possible and just stick to how it has influenced the shaping of my conscience, which tells me the vaccine is not for me and the mandate is wrong.)

Chilling.

Completely unnecessary.

They are obtuse.

Sir H
Agreed.

This is chilling in practice and that it's been kept under the radar. That federal employees' and contractors' personal and religious information are going to be tracked as if they were criminals is severely disturbing.

If I can confirm that termination of my employment would result in my information being deleted by my employer before it is requested by the feds on Feb. 10th, I will have a hard decision to make. If my information is getting transferred whether I'm still there or not, then that is another conundrum altogether.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

Dusty Wanderer wrote: January 31st, 2022, 5:19 pm
HVDC wrote: January 31st, 2022, 5:06 pm

Chilling.

Completely unnecessary.

They are obtuse.

Sir H
Agreed.

This is chilling in practice and that it's been kept under the radar. That federal employees' and contractors' personal and religious information are going to be tracked as if they were criminals is disturbing.

If I can confirm that termination of my employment would result in my information being deleted by my employer before it is requested by the feds on Feb. 10th, I will have a hard decision to make.
Doubtful anything you have already given them will be deleted.

Ever.

Your employer will probably be asked for all of their records.

And most will willfully comply.

Let us know what you find out.

It might help others.

They wish to corral everyone.

One way or another.

Keep that in mind as you make your decision.

None of us will be able to hide from what they have planned.

The best we can do now is to prepare for the inevitable.

They are telegraphing what's coming.

An East German style tracking system where we are always in pretrial and probation status monitored by the Ministry of Individual Freedom.

The only thing that will save us from them.

Is a Miracle.

Sir H