Reishi Mushrooms

Alternative/natural solution-based discussions of topics like health, medicine, science, food, etc.
Momma J
captain of 1,000

Reishi Mushrooms

Post by Momma J »

I am curious to know if anyone here takes Reishi Mushroom supplements? About 12 years ago I found a reishi growing on a stump in the yard. I had no idea what it was. After a great deal of research I decided to try my had at a double extraction.

I was amazed at the benefits that it offered. The surprise plus was it's ability to block histamines, allowing me to eat many foods that cause me great discomfort. I ran out of my tincture and tried ordering pills, teas, etc. They helped some but not as well.

Fast forward to my new property in the country... I found over 20 reishi mushrooms in the woods and have begun another extraction.

I am hoping to become competent in making extractions from a variety of wild plants in the near future.

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Re: Reishi Mushrooms

Post by Momma J »

My double extraction is complete. I am on my 3rd day of taking the tincture and I can breathe deeply again! The overproduction of histamines has been blocked! No more watery eyes, itchy skin, reflux, drops in blood pressure, head aches. ... etc, etc..

It is amazing. I will gradually add fruits back into my diet again. Looking forward to making homemade marinara again.

The only downside is that it tastes wretched. I will post again if I notice the histamines rising again while I am still taking reishi.

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

Traditional Chinese medicine regards reishi as the king of mushrooms, as it offers the three treasures: a tonic for chi, jing, and shen energies. I take it often, men just need to be aware that it can have testosterone-suppressing effects.

Whenever purchasing medicinal mushrooms, be sure to buy products made from the 'fruiting bodies', which is the visible portion of the mushroom, not the root system. There's nothing wrong with the mycelium, you still get benefits, but the fruiting body is the more potent part of the mushroom.

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Post by Momma J »

Thank you for the additional information. I am enjoying the benefits of more mental alertness without the jittery effects that one would get from caffeine. Also feel a subtle calmness that people around me have noticed and commented on.

The only drawback is a dry tongue, which could be construed as a benefit as I am now drinking more water.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

gruden2.0 wrote: January 20th, 2022, 2:38 pm Traditional Chinese medicine regards reishi as the king of mushrooms, as it offers the three treasures: a tonic for chi, jing, and shen energies. I take it often, men just need to be aware that it can have testosterone-suppressing effects.
They haven't been promoting this at BYU have they...?
Seems to be a church-wide symptom these days. ;)

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 21st, 2022, 5:11 am
gruden2.0 wrote: January 20th, 2022, 2:38 pm Traditional Chinese medicine regards reishi as the king of mushrooms, as it offers the three treasures: a tonic for chi, jing, and shen energies. I take it often, men just need to be aware that it can have testosterone-suppressing effects.
They haven't been promoting this at BYU have they...?
Seems to be a church-wide symptom these days. ;)
It's happening everywhere, it's called soy and xeno estrogens.

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

Momma J wrote: January 21st, 2022, 5:03 am Thank you for the additional information. I am enjoying the benefits of more mental alertness without the jittery effects that one would get from caffeine. Also feel a subtle calmness that people around me have noticed and commented on.

The only drawback is a dry tongue, which could be construed as a benefit as I am now drinking more water.
Try cordyceps with vitamin D. My wife, who has had issues with CFS for many years, found it to be really good when taken in the morning to give a very noticeable lift. Here's the brand I bought for her:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0793FB3LQ?ps ... ct_details

With cordyceps you have to be careful there's a lot of junk out there since getting the stuff that actually grows wild is nearly extinct due to overharvesting, so there's a real art to domestically growing of it.