POLL: Which will come first: gay temple marriage, or women getting the priesthood?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.

What happens first?

Gay couples can be married & sealed in the temple.
25%
Women receive the Aaronic and/or Melchizedek priesthood.
34%
They will happen at the same time.
14%
The church would never change their sacred ordinances like this!
27%

Total votes: 93
Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: POLL: Which will come first: gay temple marriage, or women getting the priesthood?

Post by Sarah »

And for the record, I have tried the obedient path to my husband. It makes for peace, when one person always agrees to do the will of the other, but I discovered that it only fueled my husband's sense of entitlement, and caused me to always bury my needs and feelings for fear of him accusing me of not respecting or loving him. I woke up to the fact that he was selfishly expecting me to do whatever he wanted me to do, despite how I was feeling about it. So I did try it, and let me tell you, a more equal relationship is the way to go, where no one feels entitled to obedience. We are both more happy, and he would also tell you that!

umeda89
captain of 50

Re: POLL: Which will come first: gay temple marriage, or women getting the priesthood?

Post by umeda89 »

The character called christ dosen have nothing to do with gays the scriptures says homosexuality is an abomination so what are the teaching of Satan doin in the so called true church

tdj
captain of 1,000

Post by tdj »

Destroyer wrote: December 15th, 2021, 4:07 pm Oaks is next in line. He seems to have bought into social justice and equity. I wouldn't be surprised if he continued the restoration by reversing everything that the Church has held to be inviolate.
Yeah, but he's not too far behind Nelson in age, so.....

tdj
captain of 1,000

Post by tdj »

Sarah wrote: December 18th, 2021, 10:38 pm And for the record, I have tried the obedient path to my husband. It makes for peace, when one person always agrees to do the will of the other, but I discovered that it only fueled my husband's sense of entitlement, and caused me to always bury my needs and feelings for fear of him accusing me of not respecting or loving him. I woke up to the fact that he was selfishly expecting me to do whatever he wanted me to do, despite how I was feeling about it. So I did try it, and let me tell you, a more equal relationship is the way to go, where no one feels entitled to obedience. We are both more happy, and he would also tell you that!
Couldn't have said it better.

Chamberlain
captain of 10

Post by Chamberlain »

Sarah wrote: December 18th, 2021, 10:38 pm And for the record, I have tried the obedient path to my husband. It makes for peace, when one person always agrees to do the will of the other, but I discovered that it only fueled my husband's sense of entitlement, and caused me to always bury my needs and feelings for fear of him accusing me of not respecting or loving him. I woke up to the fact that he was selfishly expecting me to do whatever he wanted me to do, despite how I was feeling about it. So I did try it, and let me tell you, a more equal relationship is the way to go, where no one feels entitled to obedience. We are both more happy, and he would also tell you that!
What a beta male, please tell him for me. :lol: