Dystopian Movie Reviews

Discuss liberty related books, videos, audio, as well as downloadable resources.
BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Dystopian Movie Reviews

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Original_Intent wrote: December 24th, 2021, 9:17 am I'm starting off with a viewing of V for Vendetta. It's really the perfect movie for our times, even better than The Matrix, 1984, and, for the nonce, Soylent Green.

The image is linked to a scene reminiscent of something that happened on March 18th 2020. :twisted:

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Re: Dystopian Movie Reviews

Post by JuneBug12000 »

I rewatched the Matrix last night. Just the first one.

I went to bed with the impression, again. that the Wachoskis (Watch-out-skis) got it wrong.

Yes, the matrix is the world over the world, but neither Neo and his side, nor Smith and his side were right.
A half-truth is still a whole lie. (That is probably why the brothers became sisters. They were, and still are, deceived. )

Level 1: God and the world He made. Level 2 Man and the world he made. Level 3 Satan and the world he made.

Matrix looks at 2 and 3 and ignores 1.

This means that Neo and his friends are still on the wrong side.

It is a distraction. A False Choice. They are steering you to Level 2 so that you don't even bother to look for Level 1.

The Matrix, and those who adopt it as a philosophy for their lives are buying a carefully crafted lie, not unlike the Matrix itself.

Cast off the Matrix -and- the natural man, only then can you find The Truth, The Way, and The Life. John 14:16. (Why does Jesus use "I AM" as a name? Because the rest isn't real and doesn't exist. He is proclaiming His existence. The only true God.)

Remember when Lucifer says "You want religion do you? You want someone to preach to you? There will be many willing to preach to you the philosophies of men mingled with scriptures." You can get that same preaching at a University, a church, or a movie. Different philosophies, still lies.

If you want to get to Level 1. The REAL WORLD as God made. You need to stop asking for people to stand between you and God. You have one Mediator and He employs no servant at the gate.

Don't be the Israelites who refused to see God for themselves when invited. Who created a second level when the real world was too scary for them. They receive a lower law because they created a baser world. Exodus 20
"19 And they said unto Moses, Speak thou with us, and we will hear: but let not God speak with us, lest we die.

20 And Moses said unto the people, Fear not: for God is come to prove you, and that his fear may be before your faces, that ye sin not.

21 And the people stood afar off, and Moses drew near unto the thick darkness where God was.

22 And the Lord said unto Moses, Thus thou shalt say unto the children of Israel, Ye have seen that I have talked with you from heaven.

23 Ye shall not make with me gods of silver, neither shall ye make unto you gods of gold.

24 An altar of earth thou shalt make unto me, and shalt sacrifice thereon thy burnt offerings, and thy peace offerings, thy sheep, and thine oxen: in all places where I record my name I will come unto thee, and I will bless thee.

25 And if thou wilt make me an altar of stone, thou shalt not build it of hewn stone: for if thou lift up thy tool upon it, thou hast polluted it."
See also Doctrine and Covenants 93.
1 Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who aforsaketh his bsins and cometh unto me, and ccalleth on my name, and dobeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall esee my fface and gknow that I am;

2 And that I am the true alight that lighteth every man that cometh into the world;

3 And that I am ain the Father, and the Father in me, and the Father and I are one—

4 The Father abecause he bgave me of his fulness, and the Son because I was in the world and made cflesh my dtabernacle, and dwelt among the sons of men.

5 I was in the world and received of my Father, and the aworks of him were plainly manifest.

6 And aJohn saw and bore record of the fulness of my bglory, and the fulness of cJohn’s record is hereafter to be revealed.

7 And he bore record, saying: I saw his glory, that he was in the abeginning, before the world was;

8 Therefore, in the beginning the aWord was, for he was the Word, even the messenger of salvation—

9 The alight and the Redeemer of the world; the Spirit of truth, who came into the world, because the world was made by him, and in him was the life of men and the light of men.

10 The worlds were amade by him; men were made by him; all things were made by him, and through him, and of him.

11 And I, John, abear record that I beheld his bglory, as the glory of the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth, even the Spirit of truth, which came and dwelt in the flesh, and dwelt among us.

12 And I, John, saw that he received not of the afulness at the first, but received bgrace for grace;

13 And he received not of the fulness at first, but continued from agrace to grace, until he received a fulness;

14 And thus he was called the aSon of God, because he received not of the fulness at the first.

15 And I, aJohn, bear record, and lo, the heavens were opened, and the Holy Ghost descended upon him in the form of a dove, and sat upon him, and there came a voice out of heaven saying: This is my bbeloved Son.

16 And I, John, bear record that he received a fulness of the glory of the Father;

17 And he received aall bpower, both in heaven and on earth, and the glory of the Father was with him, for he dwelt in him.

18 And it shall come to pass, that if you are faithful you shall receive the afulness of the record of John.

19 I give unto you these sayings that you may understand and know how to worship, and aknow what you worship, that you may come unto the Father in my name, and in due time receive of his fulness.

20 For if you keep my acommandments you shall receive of his bfulness, and be cglorified in me as I am in the Father; therefore, I say unto you, you shall receive dgrace for grace.

21 And now, verily I say unto you, I was in the abeginning with the Father, and am the bFirstborn;

22 And all those who are begotten through me are apartakers of the bglory of the same, and are the cchurch of the Firstborn.

23 Ye were also in the beginning with the Father; that which is aSpirit, even the Spirit of truth;

24 And atruth is bknowledge of things as they are, and as they were, and as they are to come;

25 And whatsoever is amore or less than this is the spirit of that wicked one who was a bliar from the beginning.

26 The Spirit of atruth is of God. I am the Spirit of truth, and John bore record of me, saying: He breceived a fulness of truth, yea, even of all truth;

27 And no man receiveth a afulness unless he keepeth his commandments.

28 He that akeepeth his commandments receiveth btruth and clight, until he is glorified in truth and dknoweth all things.

29 Man was also in the abeginning with God. bIntelligence, or the clight of dtruth, was not ecreated or made, neither indeed can be.

30 All truth is independent in that asphere in which God has placed it, to bact for itself, as all intelligence also; otherwise there is no existence.

31 Behold, here is the aagency of man, and here is the condemnation of man; because that which was from the beginning is bplainly manifest unto them, and they receive not the light.

32 And every man whose spirit receiveth not the alight is under condemnation.

33 For man is aspirit. The elements are beternal, and cspirit and element, inseparably connected, receive a fulness of joy;

34 And when aseparated, man cannot receive a fulness of joy.

35 The aelements are the btabernacle of God; yea, man is the tabernacle of God, even ctemples; and whatsoever temple is ddefiled, God shall destroy that temple.

36 The aglory of God is bintelligence, or, in other words, clight and truth.

37 Light and truth forsake that aevil one.

38 Every aspirit of man was binnocent in the beginning; and God having credeemed man from the dfall, men became again, in their infant state, einnocent before God.

39 And that awicked one cometh and btaketh away light and truth, through cdisobedience, from the children of men, and because of the dtradition of their fathers.

40 But I have commanded you to bring up your achildren in blight and truth.

41 But verily I say unto you, my servant Frederick G. Williams, you have continued under this condemnation;

42 You have not ataught your children light and truth, according to the commandments; and that wicked one hath power, as yet, over you, and this is the cause of your baffliction.

43 And now a commandment I give unto you—if you will be delivered you shall set in aorder your own house, for there are many things that are not right in your house.

44 Verily, I say unto my servant Sidney Rigdon, that in some things he hath not kept the commandments concerning his children; therefore, first set in order thy house.

45 Verily, I say unto my servant Joseph Smith, Jun., or in other words, I will call you afriends, for you are my friends, and ye shall have an inheritance with me—

46 I called you aservants for the world’s sake, and ye are their servants for my sake—

47 And now, verily I say unto Joseph Smith, Jun.—You have not kept the commandments, and must needs stand arebuked before the Lord;

48 Your afamily must needs repent and forsake some things, and give more earnest heed unto your sayings, or be removed out of their place.

49 What I say unto one I say unto all; apray always lest that wicked one have power in you, and remove you out of your place.

50 My servant Newel K. Whitney also, a bishop of my church, hath need to be achastened, and set in border his family, and see that they are more cdiligent and concerned at home, and pray always, or they shall be removed out of their dplace.

51 Now, I say unto you, my friends, let my servant Sidney Rigdon go on his journey, and make haste, and also proclaim the aacceptable year of the Lord, and the bgospel of salvation, as I shall give him utterance; and by your prayer of faith with one consent I will uphold him.

52 And let my servants Joseph Smith, Jun., and Frederick G. Williams make haste also, and it shall be given them even according to the prayer of faith; and inasmuch as you keep my sayings you shall not be confounded in this world, nor in the world to come.

53 And, verily I say unto you, that it is my will that you should ahasten to btranslate my scriptures, and to cobtain a dknowledge of history, and of countries, and of kingdoms, of elaws of God and man, and all this for the salvation of Zion. Amen.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

JuneBug12000 wrote: December 24th, 2021, 11:53 am I rewatched the Matrix last night. Just the first one.

I went to bed with the impression, again. that the Wachoskis (Watch-out-skis) got it wrong.

Yes, the matrix is the world over the world, but neither Neo and his side, nor Smith and his side were right.
A half-truth is still a whole lie. (That is probably why the brothers became sisters. They were, and still are, deceived. )

Level 1: God and the world He made. Level 2 Man and the world he made. Level 3 Satan and the world he made.

It is a distraction. A False Choice. They are steering you to Level 2 so that you don't even bother to look for Level 1.

The Matrix, and those who adopt it as a philosophy for their lives are buying a carefully crafted lie, not unlike the Matrix itself.

Cast off the Matrix -and- the natural man, only then can you find The Truth, The Way, and The Life. John 14:16. (Why does Jesus use "I AM" as a name? Because the rest isn't real and doesn't exist. He is proclaiming His existence. The only true God.)

Remember when Lucifer says "You want religion do you? You want someone to preach to you? There will be many willing to preach to you the philosophies of men mingled with scriptures." You can get that same preaching at a University, a church, or a movie. Different philosophies, still lies.

If you want to get to Level 1. The REAL WORLD as God made. You need to stop asking for people to stand between you and God. You have one Mediator and He employs no servant at the gate.

Don't be the Israelites who refused to see God for themselves when invited. Who created a second level when the real world was too scary for them. They receive a lower law because they created a baser world. Exodus 20
"19 And they said unto Moses, Speak thou with us, and we will hear: but let not God speak with us, lest we die.

20 And Moses said unto the people, Fear not: for God is come to prove you, and that his fear may be before your faces, that ye sin not.

21 And the people stood afar off, and Moses drew near unto the thick darkness where God was.

22 And the Lord said unto Moses, Thus thou shalt say unto the children of Israel, Ye have seen that I have talked with you from heaven.

23 Ye shall not make with me gods of silver, neither shall ye make unto you gods of gold.

24 An altar of earth thou shalt make unto me, and shalt sacrifice thereon thy burnt offerings, and thy peace offerings, thy sheep, and thine oxen: in all places where I record my name I will come unto thee, and I will bless thee.

25 And if thou wilt make me an altar of stone, thou shalt not build it of hewn stone: for if thou lift up thy tool upon it, thou hast polluted it."
1 Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who aforsaketh his bsins and cometh unto me, and ccalleth on my name, and dobeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall esee my fface and gknow that I am;

2 And that I am the true alight that lighteth every man that cometh into the world;

3 And that I am ain the Father, and the Father in me, and the Father and I are one—

4 The Father abecause he bgave me of his fulness, and the Son because I was in the world and made cflesh my dtabernacle, and dwelt among the sons of men.

5 I was in the world and received of my Father, and the aworks of him were plainly manifest.

6 And aJohn saw and bore record of the fulness of my bglory, and the fulness of cJohn’s record is hereafter to be revealed.

7 And he bore record, saying: I saw his glory, that he was in the abeginning, before the world was;

8 Therefore, in the beginning the aWord was, for he was the Word, even the messenger of salvation—

9 The alight and the Redeemer of the world; the Spirit of truth, who came into the world, because the world was made by him, and in him was the life of men and the light of men.

10 The worlds were amade by him; men were made by him; all things were made by him, and through him, and of him.

11 And I, John, abear record that I beheld his bglory, as the glory of the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth, even the Spirit of truth, which came and dwelt in the flesh, and dwelt among us.

12 And I, John, saw that he received not of the afulness at the first, but received bgrace for grace;

13 And he received not of the fulness at first, but continued from agrace to grace, until he received a fulness;

14 And thus he was called the aSon of God, because he received not of the fulness at the first.

15 And I, aJohn, bear record, and lo, the heavens were opened, and the Holy Ghost descended upon him in the form of a dove, and sat upon him, and there came a voice out of heaven saying: This is my bbeloved Son.

16 And I, John, bear record that he received a fulness of the glory of the Father;

17 And he received aall bpower, both in heaven and on earth, and the glory of the Father was with him, for he dwelt in him.

18 And it shall come to pass, that if you are faithful you shall receive the afulness of the record of John.

19 I give unto you these sayings that you may understand and know how to worship, and aknow what you worship, that you may come unto the Father in my name, and in due time receive of his fulness.

20 For if you keep my acommandments you shall receive of his bfulness, and be cglorified in me as I am in the Father; therefore, I say unto you, you shall receive dgrace for grace.

21 And now, verily I say unto you, I was in the abeginning with the Father, and am the bFirstborn;

22 And all those who are begotten through me are apartakers of the bglory of the same, and are the cchurch of the Firstborn.

23 Ye were also in the beginning with the Father; that which is aSpirit, even the Spirit of truth;

24 And atruth is bknowledge of things as they are, and as they were, and as they are to come;

25 And whatsoever is amore or less than this is the spirit of that wicked one who was a bliar from the beginning.

26 The Spirit of atruth is of God. I am the Spirit of truth, and John bore record of me, saying: He breceived a fulness of truth, yea, even of all truth;

28 He that akeepeth his commandments receiveth btruth and clight, until he is glorified in truth and dknoweth all things.

29 Man was also in the abeginning with God. bIntelligence, or the clight of dtruth, was not ecreated or made, neither indeed can be.

30 All truth is independent in that asphere in which God has placed it, to bact for itself, as all intelligence also; otherwise there is no existence.

31 Behold, here is the aagency of man, and here is the condemnation of man; because that which was from the beginning is bplainly manifest unto them, and they receive not the light.

33 For man is aspirit. The elements are beternal, and cspirit and element, inseparably connected, receive a fulness of joy;

35 The aelements are the btabernacle of God; yea, man is the tabernacle of God, even ctemples; and whatsoever temple is ddefiled, God shall destroy that temple.

38 Every aspirit of man was binnocent in the beginning; and God having credeemed man from the dfall, men became again, in their infant state, einnocent before God.

39 And that awicked one cometh and btaketh away light and truth, through cdisobedience, from the children of men, and because of the dtradition of their fathers.

41 But verily I say unto you, my servant Frederick G. Williams, you have continued under this condemnation;

42 You have not ataught your children light and truth, according to the commandments; and that wicked one hath power, as yet, over you, and this is the cause of your baffliction.

43 And now a commandment I give unto you—if you will be delivered you shall set in aorder your own house, for there are many things that are not right in your house.

44 Verily, I say unto my servant Sidney Rigdon, that in some things he hath not kept the commandments concerning his children; therefore, first set in order thy house.

45 Verily, I say unto my servant Joseph Smith, Jun., or in other words, I will call you afriends, for you are my friends, and ye shall have an inheritance with me—

46 I called you aservants for the world’s sake, and ye are their servants for my sake—

47 And now, verily I say unto Joseph Smith, Jun.—You have not kept the commandments, and must needs stand arebuked before the Lord;

48 Your afamily must needs repent and forsake some things, and give more earnest heed unto your sayings, or be removed out of their place.

49 What I say unto one I say unto all; apray always lest that wicked one have power in you, and remove you out of your place.

50 My servant Newel K. Whitney also, a bishop of my church, hath need to be achastened, and set in border his family, and see that they are more cdiligent and concerned at home, and pray always, or they shall be removed out of their dplace.

51 Now, I say unto you, my friends, let my servant Sidney Rigdon go on his journey, and make haste, and also proclaim the aacceptable year of the Lord, and the bgospel of salvation, as I shall give him utterance; and by your prayer of faith with one consent I will uphold him.

52 And let my servants Joseph Smith, Jun., and Frederick G. Williams make haste also, and it shall be given them even according to the prayer of faith; and inasmuch as you keep my sayings you shall not be confounded in this world, nor in the world to come.

53 And, verily I say unto you, that it is my will that you should ahasten to btranslate my scriptures, and to cobtain a dknowledge of history, and of countries, and of kingdoms, of elaws of God and man, and all this for the salvation of Zion. Amen.
I for one have always considered this world (both levels 2 and 3) as the Matrix and the pre-existence and post-mortal realm as "the real world."

However, we are in the Matrix for a reason, a reason that caused us all to shout for joy before we entered the Matrix. The Satanic influence is mere
ly trying to negate or minimize our success in that purpose.

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

Original_Intent wrote: December 24th, 2021, 12:07 pm
JuneBug12000 wrote: December 24th, 2021, 11:53 am I rewatched the Matrix last night. Just the first one.

I for one have always considered this world (both levels 2 and 3) as the Matrix and the pre-existence and post-mortal realm as "the real world."

However, we are in the Matrix for a reason, a reason that caused us all to shout for joy before we entered the Matrix. The Satanic influence is mere
ly trying to negate or minimize our success in that purpose.
Then your definition of the Matrix and the Wachoskis is different. And also different from that portrayed in the movie.

Neo falls from a world ruled by Satan through technology, to a world ruled by the natural man. (Even there they try to push the idea of living forever in ones sins. Man redeems himself, no appeal to God. No need for a Mediating Savior.))

This is evidenced by the rationalization they use to kill those who are unplugged. It is about survival and beating the machines, not about right and wrong, morality. Genocidal tyrants can appreciate the logic that those who are not with us are against us and can be destroyed without worrying about the moral implications. The ends justify the means in their philosophy.

Neo ends the movie by saying:
I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid... you're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone, and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you..
That is the natural man. It is a world without a God or a god.

In the world God made, there are rules and controls. There are borders and boundaries. It is just that Satan does not get to decide what those are any more than we do. God does. Not anything is possible. We cannot be saved in our sins, only from them. When Christ says all things are possible to those who believe in Him, He only means what he wills, not what Satan wills.

That scripture I quoted from Exodus comes after the Lord gives the 10 commandments. He even tells them that hewing the stone used for the alter will pollute it. We are not yet Creators, we are creators, apprentices. We are suppose to be learning to be like God. In particular, at this stage of development. To have children, tend animals and till the earth.

The scriptures in 93 tells us what we must to to see His face. The rest of the section literally tells us how Christ received a fullness, growing grace by grace and what we must do.

There are absolutely rules, but not man's rules. There are controls, but not man's controls. There are borders and boundaries for each kingdom: Doctrine and Covenants 88
34 And again, verily I say unto you, that which is agoverned by law is also preserved by law and perfected and bsanctified by the same.

35 That which abreaketh a law, and babideth not by claw, but seeketh to become a law unto itself, and willeth to abide in sin, and altogether abideth in sin, cannot be sanctified by law, neither by mercy, djustice, nor ejudgment. Therefore, they must remain ffilthy still.

36 All kingdoms have a law given;

37 And there are many akingdoms; for there is no bspace in the which there is no ckingdom; and there is no kingdom in which there is no space, either a greater or a lesser kingdom.
36 All kingdoms have a law given;

37 And there are many akingdoms; for there is no bspace in the which there is no ckingdom; and there is no kingdom in which there is no space, either a greater or a lesser kingdom.

38 And unto every kingdom is given a alaw; and unto every law there are certain bounds also and conditions.

39 All beings who abide not in those aconditions are not bjustified.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Oh, I'm crystal clear on the Wachowskis and that they were not trying to bring people to God with The Matrix.

But God often uses the enemy's minions to His own purpose.

If nothing else, it demonstrates how the oligarchs enslave mankind without their awareness. That's a worthwhile message that most people still need to clue in to.

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

Original_Intent wrote: December 24th, 2021, 1:05 pm Oh, I'm crystal clear on the Wachowskis and that they were not trying to bring people to God with The Matrix.

If nothing else, it demonstrates how the oligarchs enslave mankind without their awareness. That's a worthwhile message that most people still need to clue in to.
I agree with your first point. And half with your second and third.

The problem appears when we see that those who think they have found the whole truth, when it is just a partial truth, stop looking.

Knowing about those who would enslave us doesn't save us.
We have to come to Christ to be saved. And I don't mean that the way most religious people do.

I mean the way God actually tells us to in the scriptures and through the Holy Ghost. To seek Him for ourselves. To expect to see His face. To receive the Higher Priesthood directly from Him. To become members of the Church of the Firstborn.

Most people think that comes from becoming brilliant in the ways of the world. Educated.

But it isn't. It is to do, not just say what Christ did. It is to humble ourselves, cast of
Babylon and submit to the will of the Father. Small things like having children and raising them in Christ. Tending animals and tilling the earth.

'Whatever principle of intelligence we obtain rising with us' really isn't referring to data and degrees. It is referring to principles of intelligence learned grace by grace like Christ from the Holy Ghost and example of Christ directly.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

JuneBug12000 wrote: December 24th, 2021, 2:00 pm
Original_Intent wrote: December 24th, 2021, 1:05 pm Oh, I'm crystal clear on the Wachowskis and that they were not trying to bring people to God with The Matrix.

I agree with your first point. And half with your second and third.

The problem appears when we see that those who think they have found the whole truth, when it is just a partial truth, stop looking.

Knowing about those who would enslave us doesn't save us.
We have to come to Christ to be saved. And I don't mean that the way most religious people do.

I mean the way God actually tells us to in the scriptures and through the Holy Ghost. To seek Him for ourselves. To expect to see His face. To receive the Higher Priesthood directly from Him. To become members of the Church of the Firstborn.

Most people think that comes from becoming brilliant in the ways of the world. Educated.

But it isn't. It is to do, not just say what Christ did. It is to humble ourselves, cast of
Babylon and submit to the will of the Father. Small things like having children and raising them in Christ. Tending animals and tilling the earth.

'Whatever principle of intelligence we obtain rising with us' really isn't referring to data and degrees. It is referring to principles of intelligence learned grace by grace like Christ from the Holy Ghost and example of Christ directly.
No need to worry about me becoming complacent.

You seem to understand quite a lot. I say that not to flatter you, just an observation.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

The Matrix movies are some of my favorite movies. I thought the first was the best and Matrix 4 was better than 2&3. I probably interpret it differently than the movie's creators.

Inception is another similar type of favorite movie.

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

Original_Intent wrote: December 24th, 2021, 5:29 pm
No need to worry about me becoming complacent.

You seem to understand quite a lot. I say that not to flatter you, just an observation.
I am sorry if I come off as railing against you. That is not my intent. I am not really just speaking to you, but anyone who might read this.

I am passionate that we must be building Zion, and that can't start until we understand what that really looks like. I don't necessarily believe I have the whole picture, but since it isn't here yet, I don't know that any of us do. I guess I figure we need to be talking this out seriously and intently because the time is far spent.

I appreciate your observations as well. :)

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Ive been binge watching this dystopian series that came out in 2020. So far it really sucks, but I have high expectations for the ending.