Suggestion re: foe options

How can we improve the forum? Need help with something on the forum?
Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Suggestion re: foe options

Post by Silver Pie »

On this site, when one is put on the foe/ignore list, you can still see that they've posted, and if they quote you, you still get notified (I do, anyway). On one site I'm on, when a person is put on the foe or ignore list, the person completely disappears (even their quotes disappear when someone quotes them - but all of this is only for the person who "foed" them). You don't even get a notification if they've quoted you. I think it would be cool if we had both options and could choose which one we wanted to apply to a foe/ignore.

~ternal-tummim
captain of 1,000

Re: Suggestion re: foe options

Post by ~ternal-tummim »

Silver Pie wrote: ↑December 17th, 2021, 5:33 pm On this site, when one is put on the foe/ignore list, you can still see that they've posted, and if they quote you, you still get notified (I do, anyway). On one site I'm on, when a person is put on the foe or ignore list, the person completely disappears (even their quotes disappear when someone quotes them - but all of this is only for the person who "foed" them). You don't even get a notification if they've quoted you. I think it would be cool if we had both options and could choose which one we wanted to apply to a foe/ignore.
I suggest, alternatively, we could ban all snowflakes?

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Re: Suggestion re: foe options

Post by Silver Pie »

~ternal-tummim wrote: ↑December 18th, 2021, 3:53 pm I suggest, alternatively, we could ban all snowflakes?
🀣 🀣

In all seriousness, I think it's a good idea (my idea, not yours πŸ˜‚). There are people I have on my ignore list (I prefer to call it that) who I like just fine, but am not interested in what they have to say on certain topics, so it's easier to just scroll on by when their posts are hidden - but if it's a topic where I am interested in what they have to say, I want to be able to expand their posts.

There are incredibly few (if any) posters I'd want to have completely hidden like the other site does, but I've seen that it could be useful here.