LDS men are the most effeminate of the bunch

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: LDS men are the most effeminate of the bunch

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Robin Hood wrote: December 17th, 2021, 8:01 am
pho·to·syn·the·sis wrote: December 17th, 2021, 7:52 am
Robin Hood wrote: December 16th, 2021, 12:50 pm
pho·to·syn·the·sis wrote: December 16th, 2021, 11:42 am

Don’t listen to this. Nothing wrong with Makita/ Dolmar. You can put a 79cc top end on your saw and new air filter and your saw would really rip. Look into it. It’s not difficult.
Here in the UK no self respecting woodsman, forester or tree surgeon would be seen in public with a Makita.... seriously.
Maybe it's different over there.
Here it's a straight contest between the Swedes and the Germans (Husqvarna and Stihl).
Probably has to do with dealer sales and support. Husqvarna and Stihl are the big players and have dealers everywhere. The majority of my saws are husqvarna, but I still run my original stihl. I’d put a dolmar against either one. Dolmar is made in Germany. I was just letting him know, his saw is fine, and can be upgraded easily.
My first ever chainsaw was a Dolmar. It was ok. I can't remember what happened to it; think I must have given it away.
I have had Husqvarna's ever since. At work my team use Stihl exclusively and they swear by them.
My local agricultural retailer sold Jonsered at one time and I was tempted by the price. I did some research to discover they were actually Husqvarna's made with cheaper parts, so I didn't bother.
Husqvarna's rule when it comes to snow throwers and many times has made easy work of keeping me northerly drive clear of snow. :)

BTW: Me is the proper term when a thing does not belong to you exclusively. :geek:

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

BeNotDeceived wrote: December 17th, 2021, 10:51 am

Here in the UK no self respecting woodsman, forester or tree surgeon would be seen in public with a Makita.... seriously.
Here it's a straight contest between the Swedes and the Germans (Husqvarna and Stihl).
Probably has to do with dealer sales and support. Husqvarna and Stihl are the big players and have dealers everywhere. The majority of my saws are husqvarna, but I still run my original stihl. I’d put a dolmar against either one. Dolmar is made in Germany. I was just letting him know, his saw is fine, and can be upgraded easily.
My first ever chainsaw was a Dolmar. It was ok. I can't remember what happened to it; think I must have given it away.
I have had Husqvarna's ever since. At work my team use Stihl exclusively and they swear by them.
My local agricultural retailer sold Jonsered at one time and I was tempted by the price. I did some research to discover they were actually Husqvarna's made with cheaper parts, so I didn't bother.
Husqvarna's rule when it comes to snow throwers and many times has made easy work of keeping me northerly drive clear of snow. :)

BTW: Me is the proper term when a thing does not belong to you exclusively. :geek:
Nah... you're a Yorkshireman.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Robin Hood wrote: December 17th, 2021, 10:54 am
BeNotDeceived wrote: December 17th, 2021, 10:51 am

Nah... you're a Yorkshireman.
Slippery Stuff, but not Bloody Shiite. 🍄 🍄

762X545
captain of 100

Post by 762X545 »

pho·to·syn·the·sis wrote: December 16th, 2021, 11:42 am
Robin Hood wrote: December 16th, 2021, 12:51 am
Cruiserdude wrote: December 15th, 2021, 7:44 am

I just built a 12x20 full on stick frame 'shed' and of course you, the 'log cabin guy' from LDSFF, crossed my mind😎😁(I'm in SE corner of Kansas right now and it's BEAUTIFUL here. Rolling hills, wooded, plenty green, land is CHEAP too)
IMG_20211215_083455.jpg
And of course the obligatory 'manly' pic of what's prolly my favorite tool ever😎😂.... (Makita doesn't make chain saws, but they still want to 'sell' chainsaws so they just contract with a German industrial brand chainsaw manufacturer 'Dolmar' (great freaking saws BTW) and put their Makita name (rebrand) on the saws, so to sell chainsaws here in US.)
IMG_20211215_083447.jpg
Makita's for girls.
You need to get yourself a Husqvarna mate. 👷
Don’t listen to this. Nothing wrong with Makita/ Dolmar. You can put a 79cc top end on your saw and new air filter and your saw would really rip. Look into it. It’s not difficult.
I love Husqvarna. My first one was a WXC610. It was dangerously fast...when it ran. It had all sorts of electrical issues. Cagiva owned Husqy at the time and a lot of the electricals we're actually Ducati parts. I then had a TE570. It was a beautiful bike but too bike for the trails around here. Broke my wrist on that sucker. Then I had a two TE450s, a TXC450 and TC510 and a SMR450 and SMR510. The SMRs were the funnest bikes I have even owned. If you haven't ridden a supermoto bike then you don't know what you are missing. I haven't had a chance to ride the new KTM built Husqvarnas though. I imagine they are just rebadged KTMs which are great bikes. Age and family have gotten in the way of two-wheelers fun.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

This is also a byproduct of the Buddy Jesus movement.

I going to go out on a limb here and say many members will miss Christ when he comes because He will be a man, and they will be looking for a simp.

Chamberlain
captain of 10

Post by Chamberlain »

762X545 wrote: December 8th, 2021, 1:58 pm Any man living in their parents basement past 25 is a joke.
As a mid twenty year old who still lives with his parents, I can attest it is one of the most pathetic things I can think of.
Can't be a man while you're still living with mommy.
Moving out and buying my own place is my #1 goal for next year. 8-)

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

Chamberlain wrote: December 18th, 2021, 10:56 pm
762X545 wrote: December 8th, 2021, 1:58 pm Any man living in their parents basement past 25 is a joke.
As a mid twenty year old who still lives with his parents, I can attest it is one of the most pathetic things I can think of.
You're a mid-20 year old who lives with mom, telling everyone they need to live according to your marriage advice and they will see the truth of it? :?

OPMissionary
captain of 100

Post by OPMissionary »

Don't fall into the trap of labeling yourself. I'm mid twenties as well, and in addition to my mission I lived away from home for a while (with no financial help at all from parents) and it's not all it's cracked up to be. Rent is extremely expensive now as well as all of the additional living costs you are footing that frankly few young people have the means to afford nowadays (this was different 20+ years ago in the old economy).

Once covid hit I went back to my parents house; even the "social" advantages of living away had disappeared at that point. All classes were online and many others I knew did the same. It's nice not worrying about rent in addition to insurmountable tuition costs for a while.

It's a very American notion that you should leave your family as early as possible. In most cultures you stay living with your family until you are married at least, often longer. While renters benefit from this norm greatly, young people have to cut into their savings at an increasingly steep cost just to satisfy this expectation. There's no shame in not playing the renting game and saving your money for a while, don't let boomers who grew up in a different world tell you otherwise.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

OPMissionary wrote: December 19th, 2021, 10:18 am
Don't fall into the trap of labeling yourself. I'm mid twenties as well, and in addition to my mission I lived away from home for a while (with no financial help at all from parents) and it's not all it's cracked up to be. Rent is extremely expensive now as well as all of the additional living costs you are footing that frankly few young people have the means to afford nowadays (this was different 20+ years ago in the old economy).

Once covid hit I went back to my parents house; even the "social" advantages of living away had disappeared at that point. All classes were online and many others I knew did the same. It's nice not worrying about rent in addition to insurmountable tuition costs for a while.

It's a very American notion that you should leave your family as early as possible. In most cultures you stay living with your family until you are married at least, often longer. While renters benefit from this norm greatly, young people have to cut into their savings at an increasingly steep cost just to satisfy this expectation. There's no shame in not playing the renting game and saving your money for a while, don't let boomers who grew up in a different world tell you otherwise.
There is some truth here, the idea of blaming it on capitalist renters is ignorant. They are feeling a void that was created in the courts and government through “laws and regulations”.

If our parents would have bought land and subdivided for their kids, oh yeah we cannot do that easily like other countries.

If our parents would have….. You can list more examples of what should have been done here, bottom line they are not practical due to our “civilized” laws.

Social security is one of the biggest downfalls of our society. When we are too entitled to be burdened with our loved ones we and the loved ones become selfish. The seniors in other cultures have to compromise like children to their children. The only time they don’t is when they were successful and set themselves up for retirement.

OPMissionary
captain of 100

Post by OPMissionary »

Bronco73idi wrote: December 19th, 2021, 11:00 am
OPMissionary wrote: December 19th, 2021, 10:18 am

There is some truth here, the idea of blaming it on capitalist renters is ignorant. They are feeling a void that was created in the courts and government through “laws and regulations”.

If our parents would have bought land and subdivided for their kids, oh yeah we cannot do that easily like other countries.

If our parents would have….. You can list more examples of what should have been done here, bottom line they are not practical due to our “civilized” laws.

Social security is one of the biggest downfalls of our society. When we are too entitled to be burdened with our loved ones we and the loved ones become selfish. The seniors in other cultures have to compromise like children to their children. The only time they don’t is when they were successful and set themselves up for retirement.
I am only pointing out the considerations for someone who is young and in a tight spot financially, who also doesn't have mommy and daddy paying for everything while they live "on their own." Who is ultimately responsible for this financial mess is a nebulous question that I don't claim to have the answer to. Probably the lizard people.

762X545
captain of 100

Post by 762X545 »

The notion that rent is too high for someone to move out is nonsense. It's all a matter of priorities. My daughter is in her mid 20s and I finally told her she had to pay rent or move out. She has a nicer car than her mother or I do. My cell phone was $50. My daughter's was over $800. She has the newest tv they make in her room. She has these things because she doesn't have to worry about rent. I can't have these things because I have to worry about a mortgage. I work two jobs to have the nicer things that my wife and I have. We have a beautiful house, a cabin on 25 acres. But we have older cars and we have cheap phones. We have one tv and don't go on fancy vacations. A large number of the kids complaining about rent also expect to go to college without having a job at the same time like most of the people my age did. I don't expect myself to support my daughter while she spends her money on nicer things than her mother or I have.

TrueFaith
captain of 1,000

Re: Yeah, I brought up the forbidden topic again. Bite me.

Post by TrueFaith »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: December 16th, 2021, 8:25 am
HVDC wrote: December 16th, 2021, 8:16 am Sit down, shut up and look pretty.

It really ain't that hard.

Bonus, you get another baby after you get home.

Sir H
Wow, no wonder you’re a fan of BY’s adultery.
Are you married?

I can't tell you how many times my wife has thanked me for giving her a metaphorical slap in the face when she let her emotions get the best of her. In fact just last week on our Anniversary she wrote me a nice letter thanking me for not walking out on her when she was throwing one of her girl-tantrums.

They will never, ever admit it openly, but women secretly like to be tamed.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

TrueFaith wrote: December 19th, 2021, 5:20 pm I can't tell you how many times my wife has thanked me for giving her a metaphorical slap in the face when she let her emotions get the best of her.
Are you implying that your emotions never get the best of you? You say that like women are some emotional train-wreck that we are responsible for cleaning up.

There’s no use in us having a conversation about this, I won’t agree with you.

True
captain of 100

Post by True »

TrueFaith wrote: December 19th, 2021, 5:20 pm

Sir H
Are you married?

I can't tell you how many times my wife has thanked me for giving her a metaphorical slap in the face when she let her emotions get the best of her. In fact just last week on our Anniversary she wrote me a nice letter thanking me for not walking out on her when she was throwing one of her girl-tantrums.

That is the stupidest thing I have ever read.

4Joshua8
captain of 1,000

Post by 4Joshua8 »

There's nothing inherently pathetic or wrong with living with one's parents at any age.

And, I believe a lot of adults in financial hardship would be a lot happier if they'd humble themselves and move back in with mommy. Lot's of mommies (I realize not all would) out there who would welcome it, too.

I think we need more multi-generational homes (for whom it would work), keeping the connections strong and tight, and helping one another out in this financial gauntlet the world is becoming.
Last edited by 4Joshua8 on December 19th, 2021, 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

True wrote: December 19th, 2021, 6:40 pm

Sir H
Are you married?

Might that be due to a lack of humility on your part? Something tells me that it is...

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

True wrote: December 19th, 2021, 6:40 pm

... They will never, ever admit it openly, but women secretly like to be tamed.

True is diametrically opposed to TrueFaith,

Who'd a thunk. :lol:

OPMissionary
captain of 100

Post by OPMissionary »

762X545 wrote: December 19th, 2021, 5:07 pm The notion that rent is too high for someone to move out is nonsense. It's all a matter of priorities. My daughter is in her mid 20s and I finally told her she had to pay rent or move out. She has a nicer car than her mother or I do. My cell phone was $50. My daughter's was over $800. She has the newest tv they make in her room. She has these things because she doesn't have to worry about rent. I can't have these things because I have to worry about a mortgage. I work two jobs to have the nicer things that my wife and I have. We have a beautiful house, a cabin on 25 acres. But we have older cars and we have cheap phones. We have one tv and don't go on fancy vacations. A large number of the kids complaining about rent also expect to go to college without having a job at the same time like most of the people my age did. I don't expect myself to support my daughter while she spends her money on nicer things than her mother or I have.
It's rent on top of everything else. I lived on my own for a year while going to school full time before my mission. I worked 28 hours per week making $15-20 per hour and went in with about $6k in savings. My parents did not help me financially.

Between rent, car payment, food, gas, gym, utilities, misc living expenses, etc. I slowly lost all of my savings over the course of the year. I am not a frivolous spender, and I made own food mostly. Forget paying off tuition or anything "extra" I would have wanted to do. If there's some magic trick to affording everything you want while retaining savings I'd love to hear it.

762X545
captain of 100

Post by 762X545 »

OPMissionary wrote: December 19th, 2021, 9:07 pm
762X545 wrote: December 19th, 2021, 5:07 pm The notion that rent is too high for someone to move out is nonsense. It's all a matter of priorities. My daughter is in her mid 20s and I finally told her she had to pay rent or move out. She has a nicer car than her mother or I do. My cell phone was $50. My daughter's was over $800. She has the newest tv they make in her room. She has these things because she doesn't have to worry about rent. I can't have these things because I have to worry about a mortgage. I work two jobs to have the nicer things that my wife and I have. We have a beautiful house, a cabin on 25 acres. But we have older cars and we have cheap phones. We have one tv and don't go on fancy vacations. A large number of the kids complaining about rent also expect to go to college without having a job at the same time like most of the people my age did. I don't expect myself to support my daughter while she spends her money on nicer things than her mother or I have.
It's rent on top of everything else. I lived on my own for a year while going to school full time before my mission. I worked 28 hours per week making $15-20 per hour and went in with about $6k in savings. My parents did not help me financially.

Between rent, car payment, food, gas, gym, utilities, misc living expenses, etc. I slowly lost all of my savings over the course of the year. I am not a frivolous spender, and I made own food mostly. Forget paying off tuition or anything "extra" I would have wanted to do. If there's some magic trick to affording everything you want while retaining savings I'd love to hear it.
Yeah, it's called working a full-time job. You really expect to get by working 28 hours a week? You have a few choices. Work a full time job, live like crap and graduate without any debt or work part time and graduate with a lot of debt then live like crap while paying off your debts. Suffer for what you want early or put it off until later.

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

Sir H
Are you married?

I also can't tell you how many times my husband has thanked me for putting up with him, setting him straight on some things, and said I was a good influence on him. Maybe men secretly like to be tamed as well 😊

OPMissionary
captain of 100

Post by OPMissionary »

762X545 wrote: December 19th, 2021, 10:03 pm
OPMissionary wrote: December 19th, 2021, 9:07 pm

Yeah, it's called working a full-time job. You really expect to get by working 28 hours a week? You have a few choices. Work a full time job, live like crap and graduate without any debt or work part time and graduate with a lot of debt then live like crap while paying off your debts. Suffer for what you want early or put it off until later.
I did in the summers, just not when I was studying full-time. Besides, I was lucky enough to make more than average. Most entry-level jobs at the time would have paid $10-12 per hour, so even working "full-time" wouldn't have solved anything. I was losing money regardless. And I did basically live like crap, it's not like I was in a luxury suite.

And that was three years ago. Things have only gotten more dismal since. Heaven forbid you save a little money if you can by staying at home. Oh but some people (boomers) will look down on you so don't. Give me a break.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

David13 wrote: December 15th, 2021, 11:59 am
HVDC wrote: December 15th, 2021, 9:16 am
Cruiserdude wrote: December 15th, 2021, 7:44 am
mudflap wrote: December 15th, 2021, 6:19 am

I think the matriarchal society is a real thing. Watch ANY commercial that has a man interacting with a woman in it - the man will NEVER be portrayed as smart / intelligent / "manly" / etc. Rather, he will be portrayed as a dumb "okay, honey" hairless simpleton - basically: a pet. Everywhere you look, boys are being stifled - in education, sports, employment, politics.

But markharr is not wrong...

triclocarban (hand sanitizer) -> estrogen dominance in men -> less masculine attributes.

^ this is ONE ingredient that has been studied. There are many more.

The term "soy boy" is not wrong - it's a real effect of diet and leads to boys being pasty, holding water, man boobs, less facial hair, less sex drive, etc.

I thought I was feminine because I like to knit, so I'm building a cabin to prove I'm a man.

(not really - I knew I was manly all along)....

BTW, the men have a club: It's called LHBA* - the Log Home Builders Association. We build fortress style cabins with huge logs so we can protect our women folk and children. We grunt and apply "man glitter" (sawdust), too.

*you girls can join, too - not just for manly men - we got women building cabins as well.
I just built a 12x20 full on stick frame 'shed' and of course you, the 'log cabin guy' from LDSFF, crossed my mind😎😁(I'm in SE corner of Kansas right now and it's BEAUTIFUL here. Rolling hills, wooded, plenty green, land is CHEAP too)
IMG_20211215_083455.jpg
And of course the obligatory 'manly' pic of what's prolly my favorite tool ever😎😂.... (Makita doesn't make chain saws, but they still want to 'sell' chainsaws so they just contract with a German industrial brand chainsaw manufacturer 'Dolmar' (great freaking saws BTW) and put their Makita name (rebrand) on the saws, so to sell chainsaws here in US.)
IMG_20211215_083447.jpg
Thanks for the chainsaw pic, I am looking for one now.

Never heard of Dolmar.

Sir H

I think the big one is Stihl. I don't know much about them, but that is what the real afficionados like.
dc

Cost more, but they say worth it.
Stihl's are almost universally used on all the Alaska survival shows. My suspicion is that is because they operate well and consistently in very cold weather . . . a very decisive feature. On my list for my next purchase of a gas-driven chain saw.

OPMissionary
captain of 100

Post by OPMissionary »

Sarah wrote: December 19th, 2021, 10:12 pm

Sir H
Are you married?

I also can't tell you how many times my husband has thanked me for putting up with him, setting him straight on some things, and said I was a good influence on him. Maybe men secretly like to be tamed as well 😊
I hate being tamed. Maybe I'm oozing testosterone, maybe not, but it's still one of the worst feelings, being domesticated. Men aren't supposed to be passive, submissive nice guys. And it's pretty much all society does to boys nowadays. Their masculinity is "toxic," their behavior is "predatory," and their desires are "perverse." Nowadays it's nothing but psychological and biochemical castration. And since they have done this to men, there has been no one to stand up to evil anymore. Not a coincidence.

bbrown
captain of 100

Post by bbrown »

I currently make about $20 an hour maybe $22 (I’m salary so it’s x amount per week) And support a family of 8 (Myself, wife and 6 kids) on it. We are not rich, but probably middle middle class range. We’ve never missed a meal, at least not for want of food. We always have at least two cars, we own our place outright and built the house ourselves (we moved here in 2016 so at least in pre covid economic conditions).

If rent is too expensive move somewhere that it is not, or someplace you can buy your own place. And yes such places do still exist. My place was cheap, my brother bought a 4 acre place down the road from me with a well, septic, power, high speed internet, for $8k last year. It still exists
College is mostly a lie and not always necessary to make a decent living. Even trade schools are a joke but at least they get you in the right direction. Many trades will teach you if you’ll just show up. Skip the years of bs and the horrible debt. Again If you can’t afford to live where you are MOVE to somewhere you can (yes I’ve done just that more than once) If that involves living with you parents for a time do that.

This nonsense about no opportunities for the young people is silly. But they have to get out of the system. If you do the high school, college, get a degree, live in a city or suburb, etc etc you are doomed. But if you cast it off go where you can afford opportunity is everywhere

TrueFaith
captain of 1,000

Post by TrueFaith »

Sarah wrote: December 19th, 2021, 10:12 pm

Sir H
Are you married?

They absolutely do. Both men and women need it every once in a while. ;)

But in my experience, women are more prone to these emotional outbursts. Men are more rational and logical. Not saying they don't need just as much support and help from their wives, but in different ways.