Christmas Devotional

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Christmas Devotional

Post by Pazooka »

#1) I have a resolve to have rice pudding on Christmas Day (thank you Elder Renlund)

#2) I am dying to ask if anyone here knows what President Eyring and the Thundercats have in common.

50 points if you can tell me

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Re: Christmas Devotional

Post by tribrac »

It was good to the choir sitting near each other, and I didn't notice a single mask.

nvr
captain of 1,000

Post by nvr »

Orchestra
tribrac wrote: December 5th, 2021, 8:13 pm It was good to the choir sitting near each other, and I didn't notice a single mask.
You can see orchestra members wearing them during their rests: https://youtu.be/emrlih-lhF0?t=5274

... BTW what's with this change to purple stage lighting I'm seeing everywhere. It feels like that stuff 'Jeff C' (FreeRadioRevolution) kept mentioning when he was alive about all the signaling done in the media with colors. I probably overanalyze.

from https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.org/article/2021-first-presidency-christmas-devotional
Last edited by nvr on December 5th, 2021, 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

tribrac wrote: December 5th, 2021, 8:13 pm It was good to the choir sitting near each other, and I didn't notice a single mask.
Because they’re “fully vaccinated” and get tested weekly

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

nvr wrote: December 5th, 2021, 8:26 pm Orchestra
You can them on the orchestra members : https://youtu.be/emrlih-lhF0?t=5274

... BTW what's with this change to purple stage lighting I'm seeing everywhere. It feels like that stuff 'Jeff C' (FreeRadioRevolution) kept mentioning when he was alive about all the signaling done in the media with colors. I probably overanalyze.

from https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.org/article/2021-first-presidency-christmas-devotional
Yes, I have noticed that. Makes me curious what Jeff C said about that - please summarize for us. It’s like an ultraviolet theme lately.

762X545
captain of 100

Post by 762X545 »

I was told that Bednar is a huge fan of Prince and that the purple is in remebrance of Prince. Purple Rain Prince. Not the Prince of Peace of course. Not sure if this is completely true or not.

~ternal-tummim
captain of 1,000

Post by ~ternal-tummim »

All the guys standing up in the back, I assumed the percussionists, had on bright blue masks.

Notes:

Elder Renlund’s talk was the best one. Bennett’s second.

Elder Renlund’s father seems like he was more of a prophet than him — he at least had a charismatic religious experience, the sacred dream. Poor Elder Renlund.

They changed the format to be produced geared towards being watched at home on teevee. NO CONGREGATIONAL SINGING! NONE! ZERO! NO ONE IS SUPPOSED TO SING, EVER, EXCEPT TGE CHOIR. Other than ONE VERSE of the last song, Silent Night. Outrageous.

Also leftist affirmative action on the opening prayer. Nice. Sigh.

The whole First Presidency didn’t even speak. Only Elder Eyring. Who has said the least about trying to force us to become mutant nonhumans. So that may have been a sop or concession to us, realizing it is right wing people who are into going to Christmas Devotionals. But I doubt anyone in HQ is competent enough to make a smart call like that, so it’s probably an unrelated coincidence.

Finally, most importantly: that purple backdrop of purple ornaments glommed together like cysts or boils with the random stars sticking out was hideous and gaudy. I can’t believe that was allowed to stand. Do these people not have eyes?

Am I too critical?

If you answer “yes” you’re being critical. So... gotcha.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

762X545 wrote: December 5th, 2021, 8:38 pm I was told that Bednar is a huge fan of Prince and that the purple is in remebrance of Prince. Purple Rain Prince. Not the Prince of Peace of course. Not sure if this is completely true or not.
Or Purple Haze to help supposed seers see something. :lol:

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

~ternal-tummim wrote: December 5th, 2021, 8:51 pm Finally, most importantly: that purple backdrop of purple ornaments glommed together like cysts or boils with the random stars sticking out was hideous and gaudy. I can’t believe that was allowed to stand. Do these people not have eyes?
Ha! I concede this round to you, sir.

BruceRGilbert
captain of 1,000

Post by BruceRGilbert »

Blue: Water, Holy Ghost, Telestial Sphere, Justification
Red: Blood, Jesus the Christ, Terrestrial Sphere, Sanctification
Purple: Spirit, God the Father, Celestial Sphere, Purification (Highest frequency in the Visual Spectrum.)

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

nvr wrote: December 5th, 2021, 8:26 pm ... BTW what's with this change to purple stage lighting I'm seeing everywhere. It feels like that stuff 'Jeff C' (FreeRadioRevolution) kept mentioning when he was alive about all the signaling done in the media with colors. I probably overanalyze.
It's the color they'll all be after their 3rd booster.

Great8
captain of 100

Post by Great8 »

I prefer the RMN Birthday Bash!!! lol

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Ultraviolet is the name of a song by “Lucifer X & the Paraffins”
There is also a new Disney series called “Ultraviolet & the Blue Demon”

Ultraviolet is associated heavily with Lucifer even scientifically, with the naming of the enzyme Luciferase

And there’s also this other song called “Ultraviolet” - pinned below. Creepy lyrics
Attachments
32547C24-3080-4B11-8121-B47182192331.jpeg
32547C24-3080-4B11-8121-B47182192331.jpeg (283.06 KiB) Viewed 763 times

nvr
captain of 1,000

Post by nvr »

Pazooka wrote: December 5th, 2021, 8:36 pm
nvr wrote: December 5th, 2021, 8:26 pm Orchestra
You can them on the orchestra members : https://youtu.be/emrlih-lhF0?t=5274

Yes, I have noticed that. Makes me curious what Jeff C said about that - please summarize for us. It’s like an ultraviolet theme lately.
It was over several videos he posted (here's some links to his archives... maybe someone has a better source for his videos...).
I think the synopsis was media are using certain colors, such as purple/ ultraviolet, as psychological cues or as a hidden-in-plain-sight signal to eachother that they're in on the effort to push a narrative or program forward. During the manufactured Ebola scare, for instance, media stories included heavy use of bright green as part of efforts to hype the fear https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH5qr44dQGM (brought up a couple years ago here: viewtopic.php?p=960643#p960643)
Last edited by nvr on December 5th, 2021, 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wondering Wendy
captain of 100

Post by Wondering Wendy »

Pazooka wrote: December 5th, 2021, 9:27 pm Ultraviolet is the name of a song by “Lucifer X & the Paraffins”

Ultraviolet is associated heavily with Lucifer even scientifically, with the naming of the enzyme Luciferase

And there’s also this other song called “Ultraviolet” - pinned below. Creepy lyrics
Yes, exactly. Also, America's color revolution is purple.

pollibird
captain of 100

Post by pollibird »

I imagine sister Craig giving this talk and the young girl violinist playing on the trail going west. May I say, it would keep me going for a day more.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Wondering Wendy wrote: December 5th, 2021, 11:03 pm
Pazooka wrote: December 5th, 2021, 9:27 pm Ultraviolet is the name of a song by “Lucifer X & the Paraffins”

Where can I read about America’s purple revolution?

search.php?keywords=572957 is a colorful link that shows an interesting history of royal magenta. Maybe the devotional colors are a sign similar to when a story was posted here, that passed with flying colors! But prolly not. :lol:

Wondering Wendy
captain of 100

Post by Wondering Wendy »

BeNotDeceived wrote: December 6th, 2021, 2:08 am
Wondering Wendy wrote: December 5th, 2021, 11:03 pm

Where can I read about America’s purple revolution?

search.php?keywords=572957 is a colorful link that shows an interesting history of royal magenta. Maybe the devotional colors are a sign similar to when a story was posted here, that passed with flying colors! But prolly not. :lol:
Just google color revolutions. There have been several done in the past of different colors. People think the color of the American color revolution is purple, mostly because of the Clintons' attire at Hillary's concession speech.

Here's an article from 2016. https://stateofthenation2012.com/?p=56307

The intent was regime change, which we have seen happen. However, I think the effort will continue until the fall of the US.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

What's the point of a Christmas devotional?

~ternal-tummim
captain of 1,000

Post by ~ternal-tummim »

Robin Hood wrote: December 6th, 2021, 4:07 am What's the point of a Christmas devotional?
A whole lot more singing, I will tell you that.

Even historically, it was never great IMO. It should be more like a Christmas Vespers — great music that the audience mostly sings along to, and very, very short talking messages, if any, interspersed.

The Red Pill
captain of 1,000

Post by The Red Pill »

~ternal-tummim wrote: December 6th, 2021, 4:50 am
Robin Hood wrote: December 6th, 2021, 4:07 am What's the point of a Christmas devotional?
A whole lot more singing, I will tell you that.

Even historically, it was never great IMO. It should be more like a Christmas Vespers — great music that the audience mostly sings along to, and very, very short talking messages, if any, interspersed.
Yet another very limited audience of the washed insiders only...the unwashed, unvaxed and un-progessive masses need not even show up.

Although "safe and effective" Renlund made an appearance...