shallow well handpump

For discussion related to emergency preparedness, survival, self-sufficiency, food and water storage, guns, heat, light, building, gardening, etc.
RaVaN
captain of 100

shallow well handpump

Post by RaVaN »

Recently was enlightened by the Lord on an issue that I hadn't been able to succeed at. Long story short, if you live in an area where the water table is right a shallow well handpump should be in your equipment stock with all the things to make it function. They are portable enough you can tote them along with you if things get bad where you need to flee to Zion. We have accessible wells where I live from here to Missouri every few miles or more. Do research on how well water works and how well pumps work. Prepare all things in wisdom.

Trucker
captain of 1,000

Re: shallow well handpump

Post by Trucker »

Do you have link to an example of one these?

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Post by JK4Woods »

That's a great idea... !
I got water filters for purifying water, but hadn't thought of pumping it...

Back in the day (Barry's first term) when I thought rack and ruin were just around the corner, I procured a 12v fuel pump to be able to suck fuel out of underground tanks, after the EMP.
Figured it would serve to get home (or to safety) as the zombie apocalypse unfolded...

RaVaN
captain of 100

Post by RaVaN »

@trucker https://survivalmag.net/shallow-well-hand-pump/

@JK4Woods

I had not considered this before myself. I have been wanting a deep well handpump for a while, but I have been running into alot of different issues in obtaining one. Money, time, knowledge, a different well to put it on, and suchlike. I went to the Lord about it the other night and immediately received just a mass of information on the subject, mainly in the form of loving chastisement of all the information he has put in my path over the past few years and showed me that my neighbor has been using a shallow well pump for two decades and if his well worked, why did I need a deep well hand pump? He pointed out all the wells in the area and showed me all of them could be furnished with a shallow well pump, and faith could keep them working even in the driest of times or if need be he could bring water from a rock as he did for Moses. There was more, but on a whole it was you have all the information you need, get it done, get more than enough for our needs, and don't forget spare parts. As well as later showing me how many wells were between here and Missouri at so many homes when the time came to head there and how one person could easily carry the pump and piping and never lack for easily accessable water in a large group.
Amazing experience, and I stand humbled by the love God has for all of us.

@whoever cares

A shallow well pump cannot draw water further than 25 feet because it pulls water and apparent the pressure of the suction vaporises the water at more than that distance. A deep well pump pushes the water up from below bypassing that pressurization. The better water is deeper and has less risk of contaminants which is why you go for a deep well if you have a well. Our well is 115ft deep, but the actual level of the water is only about 17-20 deep. So while a shallow well pump is not ideal, in a pinch it will work far better than trying to filter mud water from a ditch if you have the know how. There are other ways of accessing wells in an emergency depending on the well casing which is between 4-8 inches in most cases. Basicly you need a smaller pipe on a string with a flapper on the end which you drop down and draw after removing the submersible pump that most places have. Anyhow, this drought that we are experiencing is pretty terrible, and knowing ways of getting water when lakes and rivers are puddles or gone is invaluable.

. Anyhow, praise be to God and may we all kneel before Jesus Christ trembling in love, not fear.

PressingForward
captain of 100

Post by PressingForward »

Check out bison pumps
https://www.bisonpumps.com/deep-well-hand-pump/
Various hand pumps for wells with static lines down to 300 ft. Not too portable though

FreedomWorks
captain of 50

Post by FreedomWorks »

Years ago I found a YouTube video showing how to build a shallow well drill using PVC pipes.
I also built a PVC well pump from a YouTube video for use in my neighbor's unused well (with his permission).
This video looks familiar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGq0ETzZP0E

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

Wow.

Must be in the air.

I just bought an auger and some extensions last night.

I had bought a pitcher pump and foot valve last year but forgot about it.

Then last night i saw a recomended video about hand drilling a well and remembered I need a well for the garden and wanted to put one in the basement.

Thanks google analytics.

Sir H

JD21
captain of 100

Post by JD21 »

Lehman's sells a well bucket. Looks like its back in stock. I bought one for my 60' well, should the power go out. https://www.lehmans.com/product/lehmans ... ll-bucket/