Rasband reemphasizes: Following the "prophet" is the most important.

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Liahona
captain of 100

Re: Rasband reemphasizes: Following the "prophet" is the most important.

Post by Liahona »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: November 20th, 2021, 6:33 pm
Liahona wrote: November 20th, 2021, 6:26 pm
Gadianton Slayer wrote: November 20th, 2021, 6:21 pm
Liahona wrote: November 20th, 2021, 6:09 pm

We can come back to that later. I am specifically referring to your original post where you quote Elder Rasband's counsel to "choose to follow God's living prophet." To which you quote the very end, leaving out the possessive "'s" from Rasband's quote which specifically qualifies to follow God's living prophet and then proceed to say "The LDS org is run by men who preach anti-Christ doctrine."

Mosiah 18 specifically states that individuals believed the words from Alma. Elder Rasband's counsel is in harmony with the scriptures. If we lived back in Alma's time your advice would be not to follow Alma, which as I stated previously, is ironic. Ironic that the logic you use proves the very thing you're trying to disprove.
You aren't addressing the issue I have. If you had to choose one piece of advice (or as he said before the "most important" thing), would it be to follow a man? Or would it be to follow God?

Also no, that's not for later. Rasband has repeatedly said that "the prophet" cannot lead us astray, which is a false doctrine. Do prophets of God preach false doctrine that contradicts the Lord?
I did. It's not an "or" statement as you make it out to be.

Do you believe God can lead us astray?
Yes, for choosing which is most important there is certainly an "or". So which do you feel is most important?

What does that have to do with men saying that they're incapable of leading us astray? Are you implying that "the prophet" will always speak for God and will therefore never lead us astray? The Lord tells us differently in JST Mark 9.
I'm implying that God is in charge. He calls who He wants. It's not a matter of importance as it is to say that God choses who His prophets are.

Rasband used the possessive to express that. Words matter.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

Liahona wrote: November 20th, 2021, 6:44 pm
Gadianton Slayer wrote: November 20th, 2021, 6:21 pm
You aren't addressing the issue I have. If you had to choose one piece of advice (or as he said before the "most important" thing), would it be to follow a man? Or would it be to follow God?

Also no, that's not for later. Rasband has repeatedly said that "the prophet" cannot lead us astray, which is a false doctrine. Do prophets of God preach false doctrine that contradicts the Lord?

Yes, for choosing which is most important there is certainly an "or". So which do you feel is most important?

What does that have to do with men saying that they're incapable of leading us astray? Are you implying that "the prophet" will always speak for God and will therefore never lead us astray? The Lord tells us differently in JST Mark 9.
I'm implying that God is in charge. He calls who He wants. It's not a matter of importance as it is to say that God choses who His prophets are.

Answer the question, is following "God's prophet" (arm of flesh) more important than following God Himself (the Spirit)?

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Lizzy60 wrote: November 20th, 2021, 8:21 am For comparison to Rasband:

https://www.brighteon.com/85c37589-6ed0 ... 05cbbd2dae

Skip to the 15:00 point on the video to hear her message from the Lord, what He said, and what her experience felt like. I had a similar experience, her words resonated with me.

That was awesome what that nurse said about God telling her not to take the shot, before it was even a thing.

What the FP said about "safe and effective" can't even be qualitatively compared to that nurse's experience. Their message had nothing to do with God, yet they hoped we would suppose it did. Sell-out priestcrafters!

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

"9: 40 Therefore, if thy hand offend thee, cut it off; or if thy brother offend thee and confess not and forsake not, he shall be cut off. It is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands, to go into hell.

41 For it is better for thee to enter into life without thy brother, than for thee and thy brother to be cast into hell; into the fire that never shall be quenched, where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

42 And again, if thy foot offend thee, cut it off; for he that is thy standard, by whom thou walkest, if he become a transgressor, he shall be cat off.

43 It is better for thee, to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell; into the fire that never shall be quenched.

44 Therefore, let every man stand or fall, by himself, and not for another; or not trusting another.

46 And if thine eye which seeth for thee, him that is appointed to watch over thee to show thee light, become a transgressor and offend thee, pluck him out.

47 It is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God, with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

48 For it is better that thyself should be saved, than to be cast into hell with thy brother, where their worm dieth not, and where the fire is not quenched.
"
joseph smith translation mark
http://www.centerplace.org/hs/iv2kjv/default.htm

"76: 60 And they shall overcome all things.

61 Wherefore, let no man glory in man, but rather let him glory in God, who shall subdue all enemies under his feet.
" doctrine covenants

"28: 31 Cursed is he that putteth his trust in man, or maketh flesh his arm, or shall hearken unto the precepts of men, save their precepts shall be given by the power of the Holy Ghost.

32 Wo be unto the Gentiles, saith the Lord God of Hosts! For notwithstanding I shall lengthen out mine arm unto them from day to day, they will deny me; nevertheless, I will be merciful unto them, saith the Lord God, if they will repent and come unto me; for mine arm is lengthened out all the day long, saith the Lord God of Hosts.
" 2nephi

may sound extreme, but, sushi_ kinda sees/understands above scriptures telling it is better that thyself should be saved, than to be cast into hell with thy brother(elder rasband, president nelson et al), where their worm dieth not, and where the fire is not quenched.

it has been difficult time for lds average general lay members to see gentile leadership's dreadful weak points ...
:arrow:

Liahona
captain of 100

Post by Liahona »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: November 20th, 2021, 6:48 pm

Answer the question, is following "God's prophet" (arm of flesh) more important than following God Himself (the Spirit)?
You're wanting to separate the two and I keep mentioning that this isn't an all or nothing answer. The scriptures are very clear on the role of a prophet.

Please read 3 Nephi 10:11-12. The more righteous part of the people were spared destruction because they received the prophets. The scriptures were literally fulfilled as prophesied...by prophets. God sent those prophets to prophesy to the people and commanded to write of the things shown unto them.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Liahona wrote: November 21st, 2021, 6:36 am

You're wanting to separate the two and I keep mentioning that this isn't an all or nothing answer. The scriptures are very clear on the role of a prophet.

Please read 3 Nephi 10:11-12. The more righteous part of the people were spared destruction because they received the prophets. The scriptures were literally fulfilled as prophesied...by prophets. God sent those prophets to prophesy to the people and commanded to write of the things shown unto them.
The scriptures are very clear on what defines a prophet. They prophesy. These men who call themselves prophets, seers, and revelators, and who require members to sustain them as such or lose eternal blessings, are NOT prophets.

We have been warned of many false prophets who will arise in these last days. We know they are false prophets by the power of the Holy Spirit revealing that to our hearts and minds. Some of us have received that confirmation.

SPIRIT
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by SPIRIT »

Mindfields wrote: November 20th, 2021, 7:14 am Brown nosing is a prerequisite to gaining favor and rising up through the ranks. Rasband is truly an exceptional brown noser.
like I had said - in another thread.

Rasband - like Biden, is just a puppet on strings.

SPIRIT
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by SPIRIT »

Lineman1012 wrote: November 19th, 2021, 7:22 pm
keeprunning wrote: November 19th, 2021, 6:47 pm They posted this talk again today by Pres. Nelson, it's like the 4th or 5th time since 2020 they have used this talk. This is the one I'd pay attention to if one were to listen to Rasband to hear what Nelson's teaching.
Nothing new ever comes out of HQ. Same thing over and over. One man quoting another. There have been times where one man quoted another that was quoting another. It’s impossible to get nourishment from food that has already been eaten, So, how can we get spirituality fed from hearing the same things over and over and over.

Regurgitating talks is what Isaiah was talking about when he said :

28:8 For all tables are full of vomit and filthiness, so that there is no place clean.

To grow spiritually a person has to by pass the vomit, wipe down his own table and do his own studying.
exactly.

Isaiah 28:7 talks about priests and prophets.

7 These too have indulged in wine and are giddy with strong drink: priests and prophets have gone astray through liquor.
They are intoxicated with wine and stagger because of strong drink;
they err as seers, they blunder in their decisions.
8 For all tables are filled with vomit; no spot is without excrement.

As the political and ecclesiastical leaderships of Jehovah’s people always appear on a par (Isaiah 3:2-4; 9:14-16; 24:2), so Ephraim’s “fat proud ones” (vv 1, 4) include its “priests,” “prophets,” and “seers” (Isaiah 56:10-12).
Intoxicated with the wine of self-deception (v 15), they “stray,” “err,” and “blunder” in their policies.
Instead of obtaining revelation from Jehovah (vv 9, 14, 16, 26, 29), they water down his word until it is ineffectual in empowering his people (vv 10-13; Isaiah 32:6). The best their spiritual feasts offer is “vomit”—partly digested food regurgitated for Jehovah’s people to consume.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* from what we have seen, I think Isaiah describes the church leaders perfectly.

Isaiah 29

9 Procrastinate, and become bewildered;
preoccupy yourselves, until you cry for help.
Be drunk, but not with wine;
stagger, but not from strong drink.
10 Jehovah has poured out on you
a spirit of deep sleep:
he has shut your eyes, the prophets;
he has covered your heads, the seers.

Jehovah’s people who are here addressed are chronically delusional
to the point of slumbering in a deep sleep.
Having procrastinated the day of their salvation by buying into dreamlike deceptions and fantasies, they grow “bewildered” and “cry for help” when Jehovah’s judgments come upon them.
As a people’s leaders generally reflect the people themselves, so all are spiritually “drunk” and “stagger”
instead of walking straight.
The prophets and seers—the people’s “eyes” and “heads”—can’t awaken them to spiritual realities because they themselves are intoxicated and asleep
(Isaiah 28:7; 56:9-12).

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

One of them is more important than the other.

The Lord taught that we must not trust ANY man unless his precepts are given by the HG (2 Nephi 28:31), which means the HG is more important than any man. Rasband is wrong. Following a man is not the most important, nor should it be the single piece of advice that one should give. To say otherwise is anti-Christ because He taught the opposite.

SPIRIT
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by SPIRIT »

SPIRIT wrote: November 21st, 2021, 7:55 am
keeprunning wrote: November 19th, 2021, 6:47 pm They posted this talk again today by Pres. Nelson, it's like the 4th or 5th time since 2020 they have used this talk. This is the one I'd pay attention to if one were to listen to Rasband to hear what Nelson's teaching.
Nothing new ever comes out of HQ. Same thing over and over. One man quoting another. There have been times where one man quoted another that was quoting another. It’s impossible to get nourishment from food that has already been eaten, So, how can we get spirituality fed from hearing the same things over and over and over.

28:8 For all tables are full of vomit and filthiness, so that there is no place clean.

To grow spiritually a person has to by pass the vomit, wipe down his own table and do his own studying.
exactly.

Isaiah 28:7 talks about priests and prophets.

7 These too have indulged in wine and are giddy with strong drink: priests and prophets have gone astray through liquor.
They are intoxicated with wine and stagger because of strong drink;
they err as seers, they blunder in their decisions.
8 For all tables are filled with vomit; no spot is without excrement.

As the political and ecclesiastical leaderships of Jehovah’s people always appear on a par (Isaiah 3:2-4; 9:14-16; 24:2), so Ephraim’s “fat proud ones” (vv 1, 4) include its “priests,” “prophets,” and “seers” (Isaiah 56:10-12).
Intoxicated with the wine of self-deception (v 15), they “stray,” “err,” and “blunder” in their policies.
Instead of obtaining revelation from Jehovah (vv 9, 14, 16, 26, 29), they water down his word until it is ineffectual in empowering his people (vv 10-13; Isaiah 32:6). The best their spiritual feasts offer is “vomit”—partly digested food regurgitated for Jehovah’s people to consume.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* from what we have seen, I think Isaiah describes the church leaders perfectly.

Isaiah 29

9 Procrastinate, and become bewildered;
preoccupy yourselves, until you cry for help.
Be drunk, but not with wine;
stagger, but not from strong drink.
10 Jehovah has poured out on you
a spirit of deep sleep:
he has shut your eyes, the prophets;
he has covered your heads, the seers.

Jehovah’s people who are here addressed are chronically delusional
to the point of slumbering in a deep sleep.
Having procrastinated the day of their salvation by buying into dreamlike deceptions and fantasies, they grow “bewildered” and “cry for help” when Jehovah’s judgments come upon them.
As a people’s leaders generally reflect the people themselves, so all are spiritually “drunk” and “stagger”
instead of walking straight.
The prophets and seers—the people’s “eyes” and “heads”—can’t awaken them to spiritual realities because they themselves are intoxicated and asleep
(Isaiah 28:7; 56:9-12).
parroting back what other leaders say.

continuing with Isaiah 28

We are still satisfied with the milk portions - the ABC portions of the gospel.
We will not accept the meat portions of the gospel.

Isaiah 28
9 Whom shall he give instruction?
Whom shall he enlighten with revelation?
Weanlings weaned from milk,
those just taken from the breast?
10 For it is but line upon line, line upon line,
precept upon precept, precept upon precept;
a trifle here, a trifle there.

Although Jehovah wants to give his people “instruction” and “revelation,” they are but babes and sucklings who haven’t developed far enough to digest more than milk: “Everyone who uses milk is unskillful in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe” (Hebrews 5:13).
Ephraim’s mode of learning is still “line upon line, line upon line,
precept upon precept, precept upon precept,
here a little, there a little” (saw lasaw saw lasaw qaw laqaw qaw laqaw ze‘ir sam ze‘ir sam).
Assonance and alliteration parody their rote method of learning
that consists of parroting back what their leaders teach.

Isaiah cites that this people would be given "precept upon precept;
precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little and there a little."
*** These identical words, were used by the Prophet Joseph Smith among his closing instructions
to the latter day saints, warning us to go forward not backward. D.C.128:21-22 ; 2Nephi 28:30

That's where the Lord has laid a trap for us.

*** 13. "But the word of the Lord was unto them
precept upon precept, precept upon precept;
line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little;

that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken,
and snared, and taken."

Instead of receiving a greater portion of the “word of Jehovah” through divine revelation,
the people of Ephraim remain ensconced in its lesser version as that is all they know.
The end result is their ruination:
“Sanctify Jehovah of Hosts, making him your fear, him your awe. And [to you] he will be a sanctuary, but to the two houses of Israel a stumbling block or obstructing rock, and a snare, catching unawares the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
Many will stumble into them, and when they fall shall be broken, and when they become ensnared
shall be taken captive”
(Isaiah 8:13-15; cf. 5:13; 42:18-25).

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: November 19th, 2021, 2:17 pm He just posted to FB:
"If I had to choose one piece of advice to give that would cover almost any difficult circumstance we face today, this would be my counsel: choose to follow God’s living prophet."
https://www.facebook.com/RonaldARasband

Not following Christ, listening to the Spirit, loving God, just follow the "living prophet."

How disgusting. The LDS org is run by men who preach anti-Christ doctrine.
  • "...nevertheless, they are led, that in many instances they do err because they are taught by the precepts of men... Cursed is he that putteth his trust in man, or maketh flesh his arm, or shall hearken unto the precepts of men, save their precepts shall be given by the power of the Holy Ghost." (2 Nephi 28:14, 31)
Instead, how about we follow Godly counsel...
  • "Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do... if ye will enter in by the way, and receive the Holy Ghost, it will show unto you all things what ye should do." (2 Nephi 32:3, 5)
I agree, and would double down with reference to the parable of the rich man and Lazarus and how God's kingdom is not of this world. Blind leaders will inevitably lead the followers into a ditch.

SPIRIT
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by SPIRIT »

LDS Physician wrote: November 19th, 2021, 7:48 pm

Right. Do you know who I want to hear quoted?

The Lord.

What I would give to hear "Thus saith the Lord .... " from one of his chosen prophets.
true.
It WOULD BE great to hear someone -
filled with the power of Holy Ghost- The Lord's spirit - The Lord speaking through His servants.
(Jesus live in you ! viewtopic.php?f=14&t=64035&p=1208528#p1208528)
But you're not going to hear that from ANY of the Q15 -
(simply because they do not serve the Lord, and are not His servants or chosen prophets.)
But you, or I, or ANYONE else - who loves and serves the Lord - can.

ANYONE
can speak for the Lord. - "and they shall prophesy"
Anyone that serves Him - He will pour out His spirit on them
and He will speak through them "and they shall prophesy" .

The Acts of the Apostles
Chapter 2

17 And it shall come to pass in the last days,
saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh:
and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy
and your young men shall see visions,
and your old men shall dream dreams:

18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens
I will pour out in those days of my Spirit;
and they shall prophesy:
Last edited by SPIRIT on November 21st, 2021, 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

TruthSeeker77 wrote: November 19th, 2021, 4:11 pm Rasband and Nelson: the greatest bromance to ever exist.

🤣🤣
Oakes and Nelson biggest bromance. Rashard is sloppy bromance seconds for Rusty.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

I shared that Rasband Q&A recording with my likely-interested church friends.

Rasband's non-answer to the real question being asked is nauseatingly corporate. They believe we are idiots.

This whole vaxx thing is a system of self-selection for the wicked and smugly disinterested people. It's going to take them out.

silverado
captain of 100

Post by silverado »

According to Rasband 'Follow the Prophet' is the most important thing. Now, instead of asking "What would Jesus do?", we should be asking "What would Nelson do?" I guess....

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

silverado wrote: November 21st, 2021, 10:28 am According to Rasband 'Follow the Prophet' is the most important thing. Now, instead of asking "What would Jesus do?", we should be asking "What would Nelson do?" I guess....
Side note: I left a comment on Nelson’s Facebook page the other day, and referred to him as “Nelson.” I was reprimanded by some holier-than-thou woman, and told that his name is President Russell M Nelson.
That was followed by another commenter saying he likes to call him Rusty.

So much fun......or not.

Liahona
captain of 100

Post by Liahona »

Lizzy60 wrote: November 21st, 2021, 6:54 am

The scriptures are very clear on what defines a prophet. They prophesy. These men who call themselves prophets, seers, and revelators, and who require members to sustain them as such or lose eternal blessings, are NOT prophets.

We have been warned of many false prophets who will arise in these last days. We know they are false prophets by the power of the Holy Spirit revealing that to our hearts and minds. Some of us have received that confirmation.
Prophets do more than what you allude to:

1) They are called by God to be a representative on earth
2) When they speak, it is as if God is speaking
3) They are special witnesses for Christ, both testifying of His divinity and gospel
4) They teach truth and interpret the word of God
5) They call the unrighteous to repentance
6) They receive revelation and direction from God for our benefit
7) They may see into the future and foretell of coming events so that the world will be warned

100% respectful of anyone's belief and experience. Yours included, but also firm in the confirmation received by the power of the Holy Spirit that the living prophet on the earth today is President Nelson. He is the President of the Church, the high priest of the priesthood as delegated to him by Christ Himself, keys and all. He is assisted by his counselors and the twelve who are also called as prophets, seers, and revelators.

Liahona
captain of 100

Post by Liahona »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: November 21st, 2021, 8:12 am

The Lord taught that we must not trust ANY man unless his precepts are given by the HG (2 Nephi 28:31), which means the HG is more important than any man. Rasband is wrong. Following a man is not the most important, nor should it be the single piece of advice that one should give. To say otherwise is anti-Christ because He taught the opposite.
You want to bifurcate how God works and all I can say is that just isn't the case.

It's also not what Elder Rasband is saying either nor is it a single piece of advice.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Liahona wrote: November 21st, 2021, 10:49 am

You want to bifurcate how God works and all I can say is that just isn't the case.

It's also not what Elder Rasband is saying either nor is it a single piece of advice.
All I’ve done is show you what the Lord said.

That’s exactly what Rasband said, and is a follow-up to his awful conference talk.

His trust is in a man, and he is counseling everyone to put their trust in a man as well.

Good luck with that buddy.

Liahona
captain of 100

Post by Liahona »

silverado wrote: November 21st, 2021, 10:28 am According to Rasband 'Follow the Prophet' is the most important thing. Now, instead of asking "What would Jesus do?", we should be asking "What would Nelson do?" I guess....
This is a misrepresentation of what he is actually saying.

Here's a link to his talk and I've copied an important part below:

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... d?lang=eng
Seventh, follow God’s living prophet.

This may be seventh on my list of things, but it is at the top of my mind in terms of its importance today.

We have a prophet of God on the earth today! Never discount what that means for you. Remember the young woman I mentioned at the beginning. She wanted to know what things matter most. “Follow the living prophet,” I said then and I emphasize again today.

We are distinguished as a Church to be led by prophets, seers, and revelators called of God for this time. I promise that as you listen and follow their counsel, you will never be led astray. Never!

We live in a time when we are “tossed to and fro,” when spirituality, decency, integrity, and respect are under attack. We have to make choices. We have the voice of the Lord through His prophet to calm our fears and lift our sights, for when President Nelson speaks, he speaks for the Lord.

We are blessed with scriptures and teachings that remind us, “My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.”

So it was with Naaman, a great military leader in Syria, yet a leper, who was told that the prophet Elisha could heal him. Elisha sent his messenger to tell Naaman to wash in the River Jordan seven times and he would be clean. Naaman scoffed. Certainly there was a mightier river than the Jordan, and why send a servant when he expected Elisha, the prophet, to personally heal him? Naaman walked away but eventually was persuaded by his servants: “If the prophet had bid thee do some great thing, wouldest thou not have done it?” Naaman finally dipped seven times in the Jordan and was healed.

The account of Naaman reminds us of the risk of picking and choosing the parts of prophetic counsel that fit our thinking, our expectations, or today’s norms. Our prophet continually points us to our own River Jordans to be healed.

Liahona
captain of 100

Post by Liahona »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: November 21st, 2021, 10:55 am

That’s exactly what Rasband said, and is a follow-up to his awful conference talk.

His trust is in a man, and he is counseling everyone to put their trust in a man as well.

His trust is in God who has appointed His prophet. That's the connection you miss.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Liahona wrote: November 21st, 2021, 10:57 am This is a misrepresentation of what he is actually saying.
No, it's not, that's exactly what Rasband said. I analyzed his talk here:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=63844

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Liahona wrote: November 21st, 2021, 11:00 am

His trust is in God who has appointed His prophet. That's the connection you miss.
I don't care if Nelson is God's prophet or not, trust should be in GOD, not men. I don't care if they're "appointed", Christ's counsel remains the same. Following the prophet is not the most important.

Liahona
captain of 100

Post by Liahona »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: November 21st, 2021, 11:01 am

I don't care if Nelson is God's prophet or not, trust should be in GOD, not men. I don't care if they're "appointed", Christ's counsel remains the same. Following the prophet is not the most important.
Trusting in God also means trusting in how He decides to operate His church. The irony is you are literally quoting scriptures in defense as written by His chosen servants...who were men.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Liahona wrote: November 21st, 2021, 11:05 am
Gadianton Slayer wrote: November 21st, 2021, 11:01 am

Trusting in God also means trusting in how He decides to operate His church. The irony is you are literally quoting scriptures in defense as written by His chosen servants...who were men.
1) Show me where ANY one of the prophets in the BoM taught that they were incapable of leading us astray.

2) Show me where I said that we should never follow anyone's counsel. I want exact quotes. You'll find that I only turn you to the counsel in 2 Nephi 28:31, which proves that the "never lead astray" doctrine is false.

3) No, this isn't the Lord's church. I've made my thoughts on that pretty clear in several threads:

The Kingdom of God on the Earth
The Church of Christ - Are you in it?