Rasband reemphasizes: Following the "prophet" is the most important.

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Rasband reemphasizes: Following the "prophet" is the most important.

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

He just posted to FB:
"If I had to choose one piece of advice to give that would cover almost any difficult circumstance we face today, this would be my counsel: choose to follow God’s living prophet."
https://www.facebook.com/RonaldARasband

Not following Christ, listening to the Spirit, loving God, just follow the "living prophet."

How disgusting. The LDS org is run by men who preach anti-Christ doctrine.
  • "...nevertheless, they are led, that in many instances they do err because they are taught by the precepts of men... Cursed is he that putteth his trust in man, or maketh flesh his arm, or shall hearken unto the precepts of men, save their precepts shall be given by the power of the Holy Ghost." (2 Nephi 28:14, 31)
Instead, how about we follow Godly counsel...
  • "Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do... if ye will enter in by the way, and receive the Holy Ghost, it will show unto you all things what ye should do." (2 Nephi 32:3, 5)
Last edited by Gadianton Slayer on November 19th, 2021, 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Rasband reemphasizes: Following the "prophet" is the most important.

Read his conference address in this thread.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

I disagree with him completely. I made a promise to myself that I would stop caring about how misled the leaders are. Their actions were prophesied by true prophets long ago. I was too blind to see.
I’m going to try to depart from my disappointment in them (which was my fault) and instead focus on my relationship with God. After I watched the q&a video of Oaks at Virginia University, and saw him act like a politician, I had an epiphany to stop caring what they say because they are trying to please Babylon.
Now hopefully I can succeed at doing what I say I will do. Lol.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Mamabear wrote: November 19th, 2021, 2:54 pm I disagree with him completely. I made a promise to myself that I would stop caring about how misled the leaders are. Their actions were prophesied by true prophets long ago. I was too blind to see.
I’m going to try to depart from my disappointment in them (which was my fault) and instead focus on my relationship with God. After I watched the q&a video of Oaks at Virginia University, and saw him act like a politician, I had an epiphany to stop caring what they say because they are trying to please Babylon.
Now hopefully I can succeed at doing what I say I will do. Lol.
It's a good feeling :)

I personally couldn't care less what they say, but I do want to help others wake up and realize where they are placing their trust. Follow something that those men say, totally cool, so long as you are first and foremost being guided by the Spirit. Simple doctrine.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Ronald A. Rasband

If I had to choose one piece of advice to give that would cover almost any difficult circumstance we face today, this would be my counsel: choose to follow God’s living prophet.
Get your vaxx, Pattywacks, and vaxx your babies, too. We, as faithful members, know it's the Christian thing to do.

FDA report shows Pfizer's clinical trials found 24% higher all-cause mortality rate among the vaccinated compared to placebo group:

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News ... spx/317091
inject.jpeg
inject.jpeg (109.38 KiB) Viewed 1254 times

Claymore
captain of 100

Post by Claymore »

I disagree with Mr. Rasband. Following a man, inspired or not is not the most important thing. Having and following the Spirit is the most important thing. If the Spirit directs one to follow that man then they should do it in that thing the Spirit says, but nothing more. Never give your complete trust to anyone because they can and do err. Find out what God wants you to do and stop doing things because a person in authority tells you. Stop replacing the president of the church and/or other church leaders for God.

The message we continuously get over the pulpit is "follow and trust us". What should be taught is, get right with God, seek to have His Spirit and follow Him. That is the true message that Rasband and others should teach.

Claymore

Trucker
captain of 1,000

Post by Trucker »

er...or maybe the Holy Ghost?

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Claymore wrote: November 19th, 2021, 3:39 pm I disagree with Mr. Rasband. Following a man, inspired or not is not the most important thing. Having and following the Spirit is the most important thing. If the Spirit directs one to follow that man then they should do it in that thing the Spirit says, but nothing more. Never give your complete trust to anyone because they can and do err. Find out what God wants you to do and stop doing things because a person in authority tells you. Stop replacing the president of the church and/or other church leaders for God.

The message we continuously get over the pulpit is "follow and trust us". What should be taught is, get right with God, seek to have His Spirit and follow Him. That is the true message that Rasband and others should teach.

Claymore
Agreed. I’m surprised that more people don’t go through the logical and doctrinal process you just explained. They are the literal words of Christ, and are largely ignored.

TruthSeeker77
captain of 100

Post by TruthSeeker77 »

Rasband and Nelson: the greatest bromance to ever exist.

🤣🤣

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

TruthSeeker77 wrote: November 19th, 2021, 4:11 pm Rasband and Nelson: the greatest bromance to ever exist.

🤣🤣
Once they reinstate polygamy, Oaks will join them.

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Post by Serragon »

Claymore wrote: November 19th, 2021, 3:39 pm I disagree with Mr. Rasband. Following a man, inspired or not is not the most important thing. Having and following the Spirit is the most important thing. If the Spirit directs one to follow that man then they should do it in that thing the Spirit says, but nothing more. Never give your complete trust to anyone because they can and do err. Find out what God wants you to do and stop doing things because a person in authority tells you. Stop replacing the president of the church and/or other church leaders for God.

Claymore

If the fruits of a prophet were evident, the constant calls to follow the prophet would not be necessary.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Serragon wrote: November 19th, 2021, 4:28 pm

Claymore

If the fruits of a prophet were evident, the constant calls to follow the prophet would not be necessary.
Exactly 💯

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Funny, there are lots of comments from people praising Rasband, but most of them have 0-2 reactions. The comments that don’t agree with him however.... upwards of 10 and 20.

That’s gives a good idea of where many “FB Saints” are at with this garbage.

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Post by Serragon »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: November 19th, 2021, 5:25 pm Funny, there are lots of comments from people praising Rasband, but most of them have 0-2 reactions. The comments that don’t agree with him however.... upwards of 10 and 20.

That’s gives a good idea of where many “FB Saints” are at with this garbage.
More and more people are getting less and less approving of authoritative propaganda in all facets of their life.

I can't tell you how many people I have talked to who are life long TBM who were blindsided by the Vaccine letter. They were still on board even after all of the church shutdown, distancing, masking, etc. But this letter, with no mention of God or prophecy, and containing multiple false statements has really got some people thinking for possibly the first time in their church lives.

keeprunning
captain of 100

Post by keeprunning »

They posted this talk again today by Pres. Nelson, it's like the 4th or 5th time since 2020 they have used this talk. This is the one I'd pay attention to if one were to listen to Rasband to hear what Nelson's teaching.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

keeprunning wrote: November 19th, 2021, 6:47 pm They posted this talk again today by Pres. Nelson, it's like the 4th or 5th time since 2020 they have used this talk. This is the one I'd pay attention to if one were to listen to Rasband to hear what Nelson's teaching.
What talk?

Lineman1012
captain of 100

Post by Lineman1012 »

keeprunning wrote: November 19th, 2021, 6:47 pm They posted this talk again today by Pres. Nelson, it's like the 4th or 5th time since 2020 they have used this talk. This is the one I'd pay attention to if one were to listen to Rasband to hear what Nelson's teaching.
Nothing new ever comes out of HQ. Same thing over and over. One man quoting another. There have been times where one man quoted another that was quoting another. It’s impossible to get nourishment from food that has already been eaten, So, how can we get spirituality fed from hearing the same things over and over and over.

Regurgitating talks is what Isaiah was talking about when he said :

28:8 For all tables are full of vomit and filthiness, so that there is no place clean.

To grow spiritually a person has to by pass the vomit, wipe down his own table and do his own studying.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

Lineman1012 wrote: November 19th, 2021, 7:22 pm
Nothing new ever comes out of HQ. Same thing over and over. One man quoting another. There have been times where one man quoted another that was quoting another. It’s impossible to get nourishment from food that has already been eaten, So, how can we get spirituality fed from hearing the same things over and over and over.

28:8 For all tables are full of vomit and filthiness, so that there is no place clean.

To grow spiritually a person has to by pass the vomit, wipe down his own table and do his own studying.
Right. Do you know who I want to hear quoted?

The Lord.

What I would give to hear "Thus saith the Lord .... " from one of his chosen prophets.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

keeprunning wrote: November 19th, 2021, 7:46 pm https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/ins ... N_-du4l3K4

Oops, though I posted it.
Ah... I remember that... :twisted:

Lineman1012
captain of 100

Post by Lineman1012 »

LDS Physician wrote: November 19th, 2021, 7:48 pm
Lineman1012 wrote: November 19th, 2021, 7:22 pm

Right. Do you know who I want to hear quoted?

The Lord.

What I would give to hear "Thus saith the Lord .... " from one of his chosen prophets.
Wow! That would be something to talk about. Some real revelation!

Gazelem
captain of 100

Post by Gazelem »

“Follow the living prophet”

Anyone know of any living prophet today? Haven’t been able to spot one.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Gazelem wrote: November 19th, 2021, 10:21 pm “Follow the living prophet”

Maybe he meant the living profit 🤔 watch it grow as they invest more and more into pharma...

cab
captain of 1,000
Location: ♫ I am a Mormon! ♫ And... dang it... a Mormon just believes! ♫

Post by cab »

Gazelem wrote: November 19th, 2021, 10:21 pm “Follow the living prophet”

Keep searching. I’ve met some.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Serragon wrote: November 19th, 2021, 4:28 pm

Claymore

Excellent observation.