OSHA Suspends Biden‘s Vaccine Mandate

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: OSHA Suspends Biden‘s Vaccine Mandate

Post by Niemand »

At least American officials are challenging this. Ours just roll over and accept it.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

This would be huge news. Not sure if it is real or not.

Cnn is by no means any indication of "truth" but there is nothing on their page about it.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Also -

https://www.theblaze.com/news/biden-adm ... Daily%20PM

Biden administration's OSHA suspends enforcement of vaccine mandate

November 17, 2021

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration has suspended the implementation and enforcement of President Joe Biden's vaccine mandate for private employers, following a federal court order to do so.

The agency announced Wednesday that it will comply with the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit order to "take no steps to implement or enforce" the vaccine mandate "until further court order."

"While OSHA remains confident in its authority to protect workers in emergencies, OSHA has suspended activities related to the implementation and enforcement of the ETS pending future developments in the litigation," the agency said.

The announcement comes after a Nov. 12 ruling from the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals staying implementation and enforcement of Biden's vaccine mandate until there is a final ruling on its legality.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

tribrac wrote: November 17th, 2021, 4:10 pm This would be huge news. Not sure if it is real or not.

Cnn is by no means any indication of "truth" but there is nothing on their page about it.
The article in the OP linked to the OSHA page that has the standard.

https://www.osha.gov/coronavirus/ets2
On November 12, 2021, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit granted a motion to stay OSHA's COVID-19 Vaccination and Testing Emergency Temporary Standard, published on November 5, 2021 (86 Fed. Reg. 61402) ("ETS"). The court ordered that OSHA "take no steps to implement or enforce" the ETS "until further court order." While OSHA remains confident in its authority to protect workers in emergencies, OSHA has suspended activities related to the implementation and enforcement of the ETS pending future developments in the litigation

CNN isn't reporting on it because the Biden admin did this knowing it wasn't legal but hoping that it would get a lot of businesses to implement a vaccine mandate before it could be shot down by the courts.

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

Not a huge headline on foxnews either.

.....and you KNOW why.....

Pretty much shows you who you can trust.....

Either way, good news.

But - and it is a big BUT:

DO NOT STOP PREPPING. Do not give yourself a big sigh of relief. Do not stop trying to become independent of the system. Do not stop trying to get out of debt. Do not let down your guard - because you know THEY won't....

I was looking at the prospect of losing my job on Jan 4, so I took almost all the PTO I had. I figured I was going to make them fire me over this covid nonsense if it came to that. They allow me to carry over 40 hours into the new year, but not this year - I used it up. Going full-bore on getting this cabin built - using all my vacation to do it. Going to keep buying building materials, construction stuff, whatever.

After praying about it, I felt like I should keep going, keep spending money - that things would be ok - that building this thing is still the right thing to do. And here we are - faith pulled it off.

I hope it all turns out right for you, too.

TruthSeeker77
captain of 100

Post by TruthSeeker77 »

I feel like this is just another means of creating false hope... Patriots all over the country are losing court cases over mask mandates and COVID restrictions. I am grateful there is push back, but the agenda does not allow us to win. At least not here, not yet.

Allison
captain of 1,000

Post by Allison »

TruthSeeker77 wrote: November 18th, 2021, 7:17 am I feel like this is just another means of creating false hope... Patriots all over the country are losing court cases over mask mandates and COVID restrictions. I am grateful there is push back, but the agenda does not allow us to win. At least not here, not yet.
Could be something like that—get us to let our guard down. I heard the latest WEF war games have been about a “cyberpandemic” in which the whole electrical grid goes down. So maybe losing the mandate for now is not a big deal to them compared to what they have up their sleeve? Quite possible.

Rubicon
captain of 1,000

Post by Rubicon »

I feel like it doesn't matter if the OSHA rule being struck down holds up. I think individual businesses and industries might be able to impose their own mandates (not that it is legal, but that they might be able to get away with it).

I had mentioned my son applying for an exemption at his university. The form said to send your statement to an email address. When he did this, the response was follow-up questions (trying to get him to disqualify himself by venturing into non-religious territory). When he stayed firm and simple ("God told me through revelation not to take it"), he was told to submit it to a different site. But --- importantly --- he was told that pending the investigation and due process, it is indefinitely on hold for him. I get the feeling that in practice anyone who applies and doesn't disqualify himself (by saying non-religious things like "Bill Gates puts chips in it" or "this is all a conspiracy," etc.) will be granted it. They don't want to be sued and have to explain how they are disqualifying people's deeply held personal beliefs. But . . . some liberal or otherwise jerky employers might welcome the fight and not care about being sued. These might continue the fight even after it's clear that it won't hold up in court.

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

Rubicon wrote: November 18th, 2021, 12:34 pm I feel like it doesn't matter if the OSHA rule being struck down holds up. I think individual businesses and industries might be able to impose their own mandates (not that it is legal, but that they might be able to get away with it).

I had mentioned my son applying for an exemption at his university. The form said to send your statement to an email address. When he did this, the response was follow-up questions (trying to get him to disqualify himself by venturing into non-religious territory). When he stayed firm and simple ("God told me through revelation not to take it"), he was told to submit it to a different site. But --- importantly --- he was told that pending the investigation and due process, it is indefinitely on hold for him. I get the feeling that in practice anyone who applies and doesn't disqualify himself (by saying non-religious things like "Bill Gates puts chips in it" or "this is all a conspiracy," etc.) will be granted it. They don't want to be sued and have to explain how they are disqualifying people's deeply held personal beliefs. But . . . some liberal or otherwise jerky employers might welcome the fight and not care about being sued. These might continue the fight even after it's clear that it won't hold up in court.
Looking back - going to college hasn't helped me that much. Much of what I learned was "on the job". I worked with some NASA rocket engineers for a time as an IT guy - two or three of them told me they learned more in a month on the job than they did in 4 years of college.

I used to be that you needed college to get a good job. It has now changed to "it's a good idea". And we are currently heading towards "meh".

And besides - college is a sick place where your kids go to learn how to be marxists, and that's about it. A trade is going to make you more money and bring you more independence at this point.

Originally, folks went to college to become educated. Now we tell our high schoolers that they need to go to college so they can get a good job so they can pay back all their student loans and maybe afford rent (college graduates can no longer get loans for houses, lol). Doesn't make any sense....

pho·to·syn·the·sis
captain of 100

Post by pho·to·syn·the·sis »

mudflap wrote: November 18th, 2021, 8:10 pm
Rubicon wrote: November 18th, 2021, 12:34 pm I feel like it doesn't matter if the OSHA rule being struck down holds up. I think individual businesses and industries might be able to impose their own mandates (not that it is legal, but that they might be able to get away with it).

Looking back - going to college hasn't helped me that much. Much of what I learned was "on the job". I worked with some NASA rocket engineers for a time as an IT guy - two or three of them told me they learned more in a month on the job than they did in 4 years of college.

I used to be that you needed college to get a good job. It has now changed to "it's a good idea". And we are currently heading towards "meh".

And besides - college is a sick place where your kids go to learn how to be marxists, and that's about it. A trade is going to make you more money and bring you more independence at this point.

Originally, folks went to college to become educated. Now we tell our high schoolers that they need to go to college so they can get a good job so they can pay back all their student loans and maybe afford rent (college graduates can no longer get loans for houses, lol). Doesn't make any sense....
College certainly isn’t a place for young men. Most Uni’s are feminist havens, and women now occupy almost 60% of college students.

mahalanobis
captain of 1,000

Post by mahalanobis »

markharr wrote: November 17th, 2021, 4:36 pm the Biden admin did this knowing it wasn't legal but hoping that it would get a lot of businesses to implement a vaccine mandate before it could be shot down by the courts.
This.

They also didn't want this to get too far along in the courts because: as we all know, the supreme court is basically a legislative body now. So a loss at that level would be catastrophic for the globalist elite types. Thus they strategically retreat when it best suits them. This tyranny isn't over until we make it so.