The 15 Bretheren Have Painted Themselves Into a Corner

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: The 15 Bretheren Have Painted Themselves Into a Corner

Post by EmmaLee »

Lizzy60 wrote: November 4th, 2021, 3:28 pm
EmmaLee wrote: November 4th, 2021, 3:25 pm
JuneBug12000 wrote: November 4th, 2021, 2:58 pm
Artaxerxes wrote: November 4th, 2021, 2:32 pmIt was on the link I provided, if you actually cared to read it. If you would care to actually look at the screenshot I posted, you would see it is to the same exact site I linked to earlier.

VAERS was created by legislative law passed by Congress, as was the requirement for doctors to report.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/42/300aa-25

The penalty for failing to report to the VAERS system to have your medical license revoked. Medical licensing boards usually find violating federal law to be a big no no.

VAERS is voluntary for the people like parents and others. As the law says, it's mandatory for doctors.
I think the real problem is that withing the last 20 months a lot of people heard about VAERS for the first time. Those same people are arguing with others who have known about the problem with vaccines, doctors and VAERS reporting for years.

Your arguments about what reporting is and isn't required, vaccine safety, etc. are not going to have an effect because the rest of us didn't just wake up March 2020 and realize their was a problem. We have been studying and talking about this for many, many years.

Showing up late to the discussion and making under-educated comments will not get you respect or change the minds of those who know better.

You would do better to ask questions and then listen to the answers before making judgement and throwing all your eggs in one basket.
FWIW - Artaxerxes has been on LDSFF since Sep 17, 2014, when s/he registered under the name Stacy Oliver - so, this person isn't new to the discussion - only the name is new. Then, on Feb 01, 2021, s/he added franklinbluth as another sock puppet. And now Artaxerxes, created on Oct 24, 2021. All three are the same person - and they've been on the forum trolling for over 7 years now. Again, FWIW.
Also, IIRC, Stacy Oliver was banished to Outer Darkness, and then the new sock puppet flanklinbluth was recently sent to Outer Darkness. Hence, the need to keep reinventing himself.
Yes, correct.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Subcomandante wrote: November 4th, 2021, 3:10 pm
Niemand wrote: November 4th, 2021, 2:14 pm I can think of several other scenarios.
Those are the four that come from the top of my head. Care to add any others?
Some of these could still happen:
* USA invokes even more extreme Covid restrictions along the lines of Victoria, Australia. POTUS is removed/toppled. LDS either embroils itself in this and loses or it avoids it and ends up eventual winner. That's two for the price of one.

* LDS stays out of it, and doesn't encourage injections but doesn't discourage them. Adheres to local restrictions in wherever, doesn't get banned, but isn't tied up in it.

* Loses half its membership over extreme Covid rules (more extreme than local rules in wherever). This is the biggest split since the polygamy business over a century ago.

* LDS leaders come out with conflicting views on the matter. Like the Roman Catholics- the pope might be all in, but Burke and Viggano are not.

* The church openly calls these social symptoms signs of the end. It says they are punishment for our collective behaviour.

* The church makes more of a stand for religious freedom, with or without supporting the injections.

* The church unyokes itself from various international organisations and calls them corrupt.

* The church condemns China for its role in this, and blames it on its Communism and godlessness.

1775peasant
captain of 100

Post by 1775peasant »

Niemand wrote: November 4th, 2021, 3:30 pm
Subcomandante wrote: November 4th, 2021, 3:10 pm
Niemand wrote: November 4th, 2021, 2:14 pm I can think of several other scenarios.
Those are the four that come from the top of my head. Care to add any others?
Some of these could still happen:
* USA invokes even more extreme Covid restrictions along the lines of Victoria, Australia. POTUS is removed/toppled. LDS either embroils itself in this and loses or it avoids it and ends up eventual winner. That's two for the price of one.

* LDS stays out of it, and doesn't encourage injections but doesn't discourage them. Adheres to local restrictions in wherever, doesn't get banned, but isn't tied up in it.

* Loses half its membership over extreme Covid rules (more extreme than local rules in wherever). This is the biggest split since the polygamy business over a century ago.

* LDS leaders come out with conflicting views on the matter. Like the Roman Catholics- the pope might be all in, but Burke and Viggano are not.

* The church openly calls these social symptoms signs of the end. It says they are punishment for our collective behaviour.

* The church makes more of a stand for religious freedom, with or without supporting the injections.

* The church unyokes itself from various international organisations and calls them corrupt.

* The church condemns China for its role in this, and blames it on its Communism and godlessness.
i think it's a pretty safe assumption that any thing even remotely hinting at calling anyone or group to repentance by Church leadership, outside of the original demographic of the membership of the Church,,,,,,,is highly unlikely?

doubtful the Church uncouples from the "wise " direction of Govt & medical leaders, i think the are "all in" at this point,,,,,a change in Leadership certainly could result in some form of change though? but, seeing as how invested the other 14 appear to be in RMN, chances look slim?

the root cause of a growing loss of attendance & eventually membership will be ignored and glossed over, given a backdrop of Oaks, Anderson's & Rasband's talks from this past Conf,,,,,

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

1775peasant wrote: November 4th, 2021, 7:27 pm a change in Leadership certainly could result in some form of change though?
If Oaks becomes President things will be getting much worse, not better.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: November 4th, 2021, 7:30 pm
1775peasant wrote: November 4th, 2021, 7:27 pm a change in Leadership certainly could result in some form of change though?
Agreed. Since he has told us that if we're not worshipping in church, we are stupid (essentially).

Oh ... and that we can't consider a member who donates money to the abortionist Democrat party as doing something wrong while at the same time calling himself a disciple of Christ.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

LDS Physician wrote: November 4th, 2021, 7:55 pm
Gadianton Slayer wrote: November 4th, 2021, 7:30 pm
Agreed. Since he has told us that if we're not worshipping in church, we are stupid (essentially).

Oh ... and that we can't consider a member who donates money to the abortionist Democrat party as doing something wrong while at the same time calling himself a disciple of Christ.
He’s a crackhead. That talk about going to church was bizarre to me, well, every talk he’s given recently has been bizarre.

I say bizarre because some people don’t like it when I say it’s flat-out evil.

NeveR
captain of 1,000

Post by NeveR »

Artaxerxes wrote: November 4th, 2021, 2:32 pmIt was on the link I provided, if you actually cared to read it. If you would care to actually look at the screenshot I posted, you would see it is to the same exact site I linked to earlier.

VAERS was created by legislative law passed by Congress, as was the requirement for doctors to report.

The penalty for failing to report to the VAERS system to have your medical license revoked. Medical licensing boards usually find violating federal law to be a big no no.

VAERS is voluntary for the people like parents and others. As the law says, it's mandatory for doctors.
I think the real problem is that withing the last 20 months a lot of people heard about VAERS for the first time. Those same people are arguing with others who have known about the problem with vaccines, doctors and VAERS reporting for years.

Your arguments about what reporting is and isn't required, vaccine safety, etc. are not going to have an effect because the rest of us didn't just wake up March 2020 and realize their was a problem. We have been studying and talking about this for many, many years.

Showing up late to the discussion and making under-educated comments will not get you respect or change the minds of those who know better.

You would do better to ask questions and then listen to the answers before making judgement and throwing all your eggs in one basket.
FWIW - Artaxerxes has been on LDSFF since Sep 17, 2014, when s/he registered under the name Stacy Oliver - so, this person isn't new to the discussion - only the current/latest name is new. Then, on Feb 01, 2021, s/he added franklinbluth as another sock puppet. And now Artaxerxes, created on Oct 24, 2021. All three are the same person - and they've been on the forum trolling for over 7 years now. Again, FWIW.
Wow, how can you tell?

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

NeveR wrote: November 5th, 2021, 11:54 am

FWIW - Artaxerxes has been on LDSFF since Sep 17, 2014, when s/he registered under the name Stacy Oliver - so, this person isn't new to the discussion - only the current/latest name is new. Then, on Feb 01, 2021, s/he added franklinbluth as another sock puppet. And now Artaxerxes, created on Oct 24, 2021. All three are the same person - and they've been on the forum trolling for over 7 years now. Again, FWIW.
Wow, how can you tell?
After being on LDSFF for almost 16 years, it gets pretty easy to spot these types. Most people who leave or get banned come back under different names, but they continue to post about/word things/treat people exactly like they did before (there are many on LDSFF right now who fall into this category - a couple posting on this very thread besides Artaxerxes). It becomes obvious and easy to tell - sometimes right off the bat, sometimes it takes a few posts - but they always reveal themselves in how and what they say. It's easy for people to change their name, but not so easy to change who they are. As for the dates, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Members" - that gives their join date, etc.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Artaxerxes wrote: November 4th, 2021, 3:22 pm
larsenb wrote: November 4th, 2021, 3:12 pm
Artaxerxes wrote: November 4th, 2021, 2:32 pm
larsenb wrote: November 4th, 2021, 1:40 pm

Your first link had the statement without the "law" inserted. Why didn't you provide the correct link?

Now this is a FAQ statement . . . an assertion. But what are the penalties for not reporting or making a wrong report? Normally, laws requiring or preventing certain actions affix penalties for non-compliance. What are the penalties for the VAERS system? They don't have any. Further, the VAERS system is not legislative "law". The system was put in place by the CDC and FDA for obvious purposes.

In fact the VAERS web site says: "VAERS is a passive reporting system, meaning it relies on individuals to send in reports of their experiences to CDC and FDA". Notice the word "passive". ( https://vaers.hhs.gov/about.html ) . This is affirmed by another site: https://www.historyofvaccines.org/conte ... rse-events, where it says: "VAERS is a voluntary reporting system. Anyone, such as a parent, a health care provider, or friend of the patient, who suspects an association between a vaccination and an adverse event may report that event and information about it to VAERS."

A nice challenge for you will be to find any instance where a state medical licensing board has penalized or even investigated a doctor for not reporting or incorrectly reporting something to VAERS. Have fun with that one.
It was on the link I provided, if you actually cared to read it. If you would care to actually look at the screenshot I posted, you would see it is to the same exact site I linked to earlier.

No, the page link you provided did not have the word "law" in the statement provided. One would have to dig to find the version you posted.

You're waffling.

And no, the 42 U.S. Code § 300aa–25 - Recording and reporting of information link you provided is not VAERS. VAERS was not created by FDA/CDC until 1990. Underscoring this fact is that this code primarily requires vaccine adverse reactions to be placed in the patient's permanent medical record (that each person should be required to have a permanent medical record is scary enough). It also requires the adverse reaction info to be reported to the 'Secretary', which apparently refers to The Secretary of Health and Human Services, not to VAERS, which didn't exist.

VAERS, as stated, is passive and voluntary. Once again, are you able to provide info on successful prosecutions of doctors for misreporting or neglecting to report to VAERS by state medical examiners? Keep trying. Also, try not to move the goal posts again.
These are some weird comments, dude. I don't know why you're having trouble just clicking on the link and reading, but it's quite troubling.

Statutes frequently refer to providing information to the secretary of a department. You don't actually think they sent letters of vaccine reactions to the secretary directly, do you? That's what it refers to when it says the Secretary shall issue reports of these adverse events. That's what VAERS is. So they're required to report it to the secretary, who then reports it in VAERS. It's pretty straightforward.

The law says it's not voluntary. I don't know why you're still arguing this point when the law says you're wrong.
Here's what you do to solve your link problem. Simply click on the link you originally provided, and without any further drilling down, show where "law" is used in the phrase in question.

OK. The VAERS form pdf file does say in its instruction list: "Healthcare professionals should refer to the VAERS Table of Reportable Events at www.vaers.hhs.gov/reportable.html for the list of adverse events that must be reported by law (42 USC 300aa-25). This certainly implies that doctors, etc., could use the VAERS system to report AEs. But Is it the only means they have or use for these reports?

And the question remains, what penalties are affixed for ignoring VAERS reportage or for filling out the form incorrectly, coupled with: can you find examples of prosecution of any medical offenders?

Further, the estimate from Dr. Peter McCullough (derived from other analyses) is that about ~82% of VAERS reports come from doctors and related persons. The rest of the reports are from individuals who have suffered directly from AEs, or through those close to them who have, and they are required to give dates, names and locations of the health care people involved. All in all, this amounts to a fairly trustworthy system/

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

I think VAERS is more than adequate in it's accuracy of all REPORTED adverse reaction to its database. However, even Harvard says that it is vastly UNDERREPORTED.
Attachments
Screenshot_20211105-123514_2.png
Screenshot_20211105-123514_2.png (555.58 KiB) Viewed 491 times

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

EmmaLee wrote: November 4th, 2021, 3:25 pm . . . . . FWIW - Artaxerxes has been on LDSFF since Sep 17, 2014, when s/he registered under the name Stacy Oliver - so, this person isn't new to the discussion - only the current/latest name is new. Then, on Feb 01, 2021, s/he added franklinbluth as another sock puppet. And now Artaxerxes, created on Oct 24, 2021. All three are the same person - and they've been on the forum trolling for over 7 years now. Again, FWIW.
Thanks. And again, Stacy Oliver positioned him/herself as a hard-ball anti-Trumper early on, and stopped posting under that name shortly after Biden's 'inauguration'.

After seeing this individual call me "dude" in his last reply to me, I vote for him being male. "Dude", seldom, if ever, used by females.

In the past, we saw a number of trolls come onto the forum during the 9/11 discussions, centered on the work of Bro. Jones. Very often, it was clear that there were multiple posters using a single screen name, based on logic, content and language abilities.

Predictably they focus on very controversial subjects, taking the official, psyops position you would expect. I.e., they would support such things as the Warren Report, pro-official 9/11 claims, ant-Trump, etc. And you get no back-and-forth discussion with them, being always adversarial.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

larsenb wrote: November 5th, 2021, 2:36 pm
EmmaLee wrote: November 4th, 2021, 3:25 pm . . . . . FWIW - Artaxerxes has been on LDSFF since Sep 17, 2014, when s/he registered under the name Stacy Oliver - so, this person isn't new to the discussion - only the current/latest name is new. Then, on Feb 01, 2021, s/he added franklinbluth as another sock puppet. And now Artaxerxes, created on Oct 24, 2021. All three are the same person - and they've been on the forum trolling for over 7 years now. Again, FWIW.
Thanks. And again, Stacy Oliver positioned him/herself as a hard-ball anti-Trumper early on, and stopped posting under that name shortly after Biden's 'inauguration'.

After seeing this individual call me "dude" in his last reply to me, I vote for him being male. "Dude", seldom, if ever, used by females.

In the past, we saw a number of trolls come onto the forum during the 9/11 discussions, centered on the work of Bro. Jones. Very often, it was clear that there were multiple posters using a single screen name, based on logic, content and language abilities.

Predictably they focus on very controversial subjects, taking the official, psyops position you would expect. I.e., they would support such things as the Warren Report, pro-official 9/11 claims, ant-Trump, etc. And you get no back-and-forth discussion with them, being always adversarial.
I do remember several years ago, Stacy Oliver claimed to be a female lawyer (would explain a lot), but who knows - can't be trusted, obviously.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

EmmaLee wrote: November 5th, 2021, 2:41 pm

I do remember several years ago, Stacy Oliver claimed to be a female lawyer (would explain a lot), but who knows - can't be trusted, obviously.
I remembered the same claim by 'Stacy'. Yet subsequent posts seemed to belie 'it, and even my mentioning her claim, never got an affirmation from 'her' . . . . now to be him, in my current view.

NeveR
captain of 1,000

Post by NeveR »

In my generation (born in 1980s) I think it's more common for females to use 'dude'. My friends and I would use it to address each other as well as boys

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

NeveR wrote: November 5th, 2021, 2:55 pm
larsenb wrote: November 5th, 2021, 2:36 pm After seeing this individual call me "dude" in his last reply to me, I vote for him being male. "Dude", seldom, if ever, used by females.
In my generation (born in 1980s) I think it's more common for females to use 'dude'. My friends and I would use it to address each other as well as boys
I'll use the word on occasion (probably thanks to my sons and their friends using it, lol). I sometimes hear teenage girls at church call each other and boys "dude". Fun times.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

It gets tougher and tougher to keep up w/changing social uses. I still vote 'male', for SO.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

NeveR wrote: November 5th, 2021, 2:55 pm In my generation (born in 1980s) I think it's more common for females to use 'dude'. My friends and I would use it to address each other as well as boys
One of my daughters (born in the first half of the 1990s) used to call me "dude" all the time (I'm the mom).

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

larsenb wrote: November 5th, 2021, 3:20 pm It gets tougher and tougher to keep up w/changing social uses. I still vote 'male', for SO.
I always thought Stacy was male, but there was a post somewhere in outer darkness that sounded like Stacy was female (if I remembered it, I'd quote it). Not that it really matters - to me, at least, except for the curiosity part.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

As I posted elsewhere, there is a new treatment, that may be a "way out of the corner" -

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/202 ... 95&irgwc=1

"Hurray for the safe and effective treatment - now we don't need to urge cov-vaxx!"

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

BroJones wrote: November 7th, 2021, 7:16 am As I posted elsewhere, there is a new treatment, that may be a "way out of the corner" -

"Hurray for the safe and effective treatment - now we don't need to urge cov-vaxx!"
It’s probably ivermectin in disguise with a new name and a more expensive price. Lol

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

BroJones wrote: November 7th, 2021, 7:16 am As I posted elsewhere, there is a new treatment, that may be a "way out of the corner" -

If it’s from Big Pharma, I’m not touching it with a 10 ft pole.

And how does another drug get the Brethren out of the corner? They have stated the mRNA vaccines are safe and effective and we should follow the wise and thoughtful counsel of our government. Until they actually retract those statements, then people can use them to urge the vexation.

karend77
captain of 1,000

Post by karend77 »

A FIVE-DAY COURSE of molnupiravir, the new medicine being hailed as a “huge advance” in the treatment of Covid-19, costs $17.74 to produce, according to a report issued last week by drug pricing experts at the Harvard School of Public Health and King’s College Hospital in London. Merck is charging the U.S. government $712 for the same amount of medicine, or 40 times the price.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

EmmaLee wrote: November 5th, 2021, 2:59 pm
larsenb wrote: November 5th, 2021, 2:36 pm After seeing this individual call me "dude" in his last reply to me, I vote for him being male. "Dude", seldom, if ever, used by females.
I'll use the word on occasion (probably thanks to my sons and their friends using it, lol). I sometimes hear teenage girls at church call each other and boys "dude". Fun times.
My vote is for the person being male, not because of the "dude" thing but because their writing style and behaviour comes over as very male.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

The Red Pill????? not original but used to produce trust from other posters

Anyway, the COJCLDS media sold a series of posters in the 80s or 90s that could be used in your home or teaching. One poster showed a boy who had painted himself in a corner. I'm too lazy to look up the poster and show it to you, but, the answer was to repent. Even, without a poster, then we know that the person gets out of the corner by repenting.

So. . . .what if the brethren that you are accusing decide to repent. Yeah, what if they repent? What would you do? Are you willing to forgive them?

If they honestly discover their failings or sins or whatever you find them guilty of, what if they repent? Can you and the other posters on this forum. . . forgive them?

Can you forgive your fellowman and inherit a celestial kingdom where they will also be after repentance and fulfilling their mission?

What is our lot after this world if we do not forgive? just saying

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

EvanLM wrote: November 7th, 2021, 1:14 pm The Red Pill????? not original but used to produce trust from other posters

Anyway, the COJCLDS media sold a series of posters in the 80s or 90s that could be used in your home or teaching. One poster showed a boy who had painted himself in a corner. I'm too lazy to look up the poster and show it to you, but, the answer was to repent. Even, without a poster, then we know that the person gets out of the corner by repenting.

So. . . .what if the brethren that you are accusing decide to repent. Yeah, what if they repent? What would you do? Are you willing to forgive them?

If they honestly discover their failings or sins or whatever you find them guilty of, what if they repent? Can you and the other posters on this forum. . . forgive them?

Can you forgive your fellowman and inherit a celestial kingdom where they will also be after repentance and fulfilling their mission?

What is our lot after this world if we do not forgive? just saying
What would they be repenting of? Claiming they receive revelation from Jesus Christ? 😆 "We usually do... Just this time we forgot to ask! Trust us! It was a one-off! The changing of age to serve a mission was from God, but we dropped the ball on this one..."

They would indeed be repenting of being false prophets if they actually did repent. What do the scriptures say about what will be their fate?