Hurricanes, Tornadoes, And Other Extreme Weather Events

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
4Joshua8
captain of 1,000

Hurricanes, Tornadoes, And Other Extreme Weather Events

Post by 4Joshua8 »

A thread for news and discussions about Tropical Storms, Hurricanes, Typhoons, and Cyclones.

The primary difference between a hurricane, typhoon, and cyclone is location.
Hurricanes are formed over the North Atlantic Ocean and Northeast Pacific.
Typhoons are formed over the Northwest Pacific Ocean.
Cyclones are formed over the South Pacific and Indian Ocean.

A tropical storm is a localized, very intense low-pressure wind system, forming over tropical oceans and with winds of hurricane force.

Resources:
To see current storms:
https://www.nhc.noaa.gov
https://www.metoc.navy.mil/jtwc/jtwc.html

4Joshua8
captain of 1,000

Re: Tropical Storms, Hurricanes, Typhoons, Cyclones

Post by 4Joshua8 »

Largest tropical cyclone ever:
Typhoon Tip, known in the Philippines as Typhoon Warling, was the largest and most intense tropical cyclone ever recorded.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typhoon_Tip

List of Atlantic Hurricane Records:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_A ... ne_records

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

BeNotDeceived wrote: July 24th, 2021, 2:20 pm
There is also a typhoon that could hit Japan and affect the Olympics. But not to worry — Jill Biden is there to save the Olympics with her star power. Seriously, I read an article on mainstream media that said Jill has star power. Who knew???

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Typhoons

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Lizzy60 wrote: July 24th, 2021, 3:16 pm There is also a typhoon that could hit Japan and affect the Olympics. But not to worry — Jill Biden is there to save the Olympics with her star power. Seriously, I read an article on mainstream media that said Jill has star power. Who knew???
Super freak at the super freak show in Wokeyo. :lol:

4Joshua8
captain of 1,000

Post by 4Joshua8 »

Tropical Storm Hilda has formed over the Pacific Ocean.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo.php?basin=epac&fdays=2

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Typhoons

Post by Fred »

BeNotDeceived wrote: July 25th, 2021, 12:55 pm
Lizzy60 wrote: July 24th, 2021, 3:16 pm There is also a typhoon that could hit Japan and affect the Olympics. But not to worry — Jill Biden is there to save the Olympics with her star power. Seriously, I read an article on mainstream media that said Jill has star power. Who knew???
Super freak at the super freak show in Wokeyo. :lol:
The freak is a fag. Who do you suppose wants to snuggle with it? Now the woman that made the video? She won't have any trouble finding a snuggle.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Did Fred fizzle?

4Joshua8
captain of 1,000

Post by 4Joshua8 »

BeNotDeceived wrote: August 15th, 2021, 12:48 pm Did Fred fizzle?
Still a TS about to hit, followed by Grace…..what a weird name for a TS. What’s next, Humble and Kind?

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

4Joshua8 wrote: August 15th, 2021, 1:34 pm
Still a TS about to hit, followed by Grace…..what a weird name for a TS. What’s next, Humble and Kind?
Grace is a popular girl’s name. My granddaughter is named Grace. I have not heard of any people named Humble or Kind, although Temperance was popular back in the day, and Cher thought Chastity was cute for her offspring.

Real people in my ward named their children Cannon, Castle, Sabre, and Sentinel. Sabre was female, the other three were male. I only wish she hadn’t stopped at four. :D

4Joshua8
captain of 1,000

Post by 4Joshua8 »

Lizzy60 wrote: August 15th, 2021, 1:52 pm
Grace is a popular girl’s name. My granddaughter is named Grace. I have not heard of any people named Humble or Kind, although Temperance was popular back in the day, and Cher thought Chastity was cute for her offspring.

Real people in my ward named their children Cannon, Castle, Sabre, and Sentinel. Sabre was female, the other three were male. I only wish she hadn’t stopped at four. :D
Right, but you'd think they'd use better judgment in naming a hurricane, avoiding this level of obvious irony. Maybe it really will fizzle and do no damage, avoiding the irony.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

4Joshua8 wrote: August 15th, 2021, 3:01 pm
Lizzy60 wrote: August 15th, 2021, 1:52 pm

Right, but you'd think they'd use better judgment in naming a hurricane, avoiding this level of obvious irony. Maybe it really will fizzle and do no damage, avoiding the irony.
Ahhhhh, I see your point now. Irony is an interesting thing. :)

4Joshua8
captain of 1,000

Post by 4Joshua8 »

As of this moment (could change), Grace is projected to hit Mexico City Saturday, and Henri is projected to hit most of New England and New York City Sunday/Monday.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Hurricanes get gobbled up by the Sierra Madre Oriental. We'll get some rain but that is it. And I live closer to the Gulf than Mexico City.

4Joshua8
captain of 1,000

Post by 4Joshua8 »

Subcomandante wrote: August 18th, 2021, 7:04 pm Hurricanes get gobbled up by the Sierra Madre Oriental. We'll get some rain but that is it. And I live closer to the Gulf than Mexico City.
Does Mexico City still have a serious rainwater management problem?

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

4Joshua8 wrote: August 18th, 2021, 7:46 pm
Subcomandante wrote: August 18th, 2021, 7:04 pm Hurricanes get gobbled up by the Sierra Madre Oriental. We'll get some rain but that is it. And I live closer to the Gulf than Mexico City.
Does Mexico City still have a serious rainwater management problem?
Yeah they do but it affects them specifically. Said rainwater management problem is also chalked up to corruption on a grand scale.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Hurricane Henri

Post by BeNotDeceived »

hurricanecitydotcom wrote: Data and weather sources shown as Henri approaches land.

4Joshua8
captain of 1,000

Post by 4Joshua8 »

A tropical depression has formed and is forecast to his Louisiana (could change) as a Major (category 3 or above) hurricane on Monday.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at4.s ... t#contents

Update: It's now Tropical Storm Ida

4Joshua8
captain of 1,000

Post by 4Joshua8 »

4Joshua8 wrote: August 26th, 2021, 12:27 pm A tropical depression has formed and is forecast to his Louisiana (could change) as a Major (category 3 or above) hurricane on Monday.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at4.s ... t#contents

Update: It's now Tropical Storm Ida
Hurricane Ida projected to hit both Baton Rouge and New Orleans (on the 16th anniversary of Katrina, no less) as a Category 4 Hurricane. Katrina made landfall in Louisiana as a Category 3.

Category 4 (major)
130-156 mph
Catastrophic damage will occur: Well-built framed homes can sustain severe damage with loss of most of the roof structure and/or some exterior walls. Most trees will be snapped or uprooted and power poles downed. Fallen trees and power poles will isolate residential areas. Power outages will last weeks to possibly months. Most of the area will be uninhabitable for weeks or months.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Hurricane Ida will make landfall this morning. Winds are currently over 150 mph, and the water has been rising along the Louisiana coast for hours. Major wind damage, major rainfall, and major storm surge will occur. This could do more damage than Katrina, and far fewer people have evacuated. There was never a mandatory evacuation issued for New Orleans. The mayor said there wasn’t enough time given how quickly the storm intensified.

4Joshua8
captain of 1,000

Post by 4Joshua8 »

Lizzy60 wrote: August 29th, 2021, 6:11 am Hurricane Ida will make landfall this morning. Winds are currently over 150 mph, and the water has been rising along the Louisiana coast for hours. Major wind damage, major rainfall, and major storm surge will occur. This could do more damage than Katrina, and far fewer people have evacuated. There was never a mandatory evacuation issued for New Orleans. The mayor said there wasn’t enough time given how quickly the storm intensified.
Wow, it's making landfall as a category 4 at 150 mph wind speeds, but category 5 is just 7 mph faster wind speeds, at 157 mph. That's a monster.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Lizzy60 wrote: August 29th, 2021, 6:11 am Hurricane Ida will make landfall this morning. Winds are currently over 150 mph, and the water has been rising along the Louisiana coast for hours. Major wind damage, major rainfall, and major storm surge will occur. This could do more damage than Katrina, and far fewer people have evacuated. There was never a mandatory evacuation issued for New Orleans. The mayor said there wasn’t enough time given how quickly the storm intensified.
Sounds like my experience on Saipan, where a cat four blew up the power plant and everyone suffered without power for more than a month.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: Hurricane

Post by BeNotDeceived »

4Joshua8 wrote: August 29th, 2021, 10:23 am
Wow, it's making landfall as a category 4 at 150 mph wind speeds, but category 5 is just 7 mph faster wind speeds, at 157 mph. That's a monster.
A partial #57 anomaly as per search.php?keywords=572957

57ii is a dedicated KWii to document said anomalies. :lol: