Preparedness Meeting

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.

Would you attend at least one weekly meeting to talk about how to deal with our present situation?

Poll ended at August 31st, 2021, 1:15 pm

Yes (Ran out of poll question space. It would be at least once a week in September in Utah or Salt Lake County)
78%
No
22%

Total votes: 27
harakim
captain of 1,000

Preparedness Meeting

Post by harakim »

Things are definitely getting interesting. Would anyone be interested in attending a meeting to talk about actual steps that can be taken to deal with the current situation? It would be in Utah or Salt Lake Counties (or possibly both.)

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Re: Preparedness Meeting

Post by tribrac »

I heard of churches (not Lds) in other areas meeting and organizing themselves. Preparing.

I wasnt sure how to feel about it myself.

For good and bad Lds people wait for orders. Initiative is frowned upon.

Part of me is hesitant to admit things are that dangerous.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

tribrac wrote: August 26th, 2021, 1:20 pm I heard of churches (not Lds) in other areas meeting and organizing themselves. Preparing.

I wasnt sure how to feel about it myself.

For good and bad Lds people wait for orders. Initiative is frowned upon.

Part of me is hesitant to admit things are that dangerous.
This is not with the specific intention of forming a group or community. It's a place people can get their questions answered about how to deal with the upcoming situation. If that involves people forming a community, that's up to them.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

harakim wrote: August 26th, 2021, 1:15 pm Things are definitely getting interesting. Would anyone be interested in attending a meeting to talk about actual steps that can be taken to deal with the current situation? It would be in Utah or Salt Lake Counties (or possibly both.)
Many of us live far away from Utah, but would still like to participate in such meetings. Will they be shared/linked online somehow for those of us who don't live there?

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

I voted yes, it would depend on schedule of course.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

EmmaLee wrote: August 26th, 2021, 1:35 pm
harakim wrote: August 26th, 2021, 1:15 pm Things are definitely getting interesting. Would anyone be interested in attending a meeting to talk about actual steps that can be taken to deal with the current situation? It would be in Utah or Salt Lake Counties (or possibly both.)
Many of us live far away from Utah, but would still like to participate in such meetings. Will they be shared/linked online somehow for those of us who don't live there?
I would rather do these in person, but I have considered that possibility also. Maybe we could do both? I'll think about it.

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

I want this, but I'm not in Utah.

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

Time for preparing is nearly gone if you have not done anything so far.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

HereWeGo wrote: August 26th, 2021, 5:18 pm Time for preparing is nearly gone if you have not done anything so far.
People will have to help each other or we will fail. If you start now, at least you'll be able to contribute something.

Primary Outcast
captain of 100

Post by Primary Outcast »

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth- Mike Tyson

I'm mostly concerned with practical living in a crisis scenario. Until you've been there, it's impossible for a guy like myself to know everything needed. For example, I've been prepping little by little for 10 years now, but only recently thought to buy some paracord. I'd like to deeply understand topics like food preservation, herbal medicine, dealing with emotional distress, etc etc.

Some things are difficult to learn about in a book

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Where people meet to unite in Christ and truth, Christ will be there.

I learned about LDSFF from such a meeting. My wife and I went to several of them. My wife called them "end of the world meetings". Nice people were there.

I remember one couple who were talking about how when some plague would come, they would have to be ready to push their children out of the tent, in case the children became infected, in order to keep themselves safe so that they could live to build Zion. That's how dedicated to The Lord they were. Weirdos.

James Paul
captain of 100

Post by James Paul »

We have been reminded for decades that "the truth shall set us free," the problem is most expect that truth to appear CURRENTLY and that is simply not the way the Lord works. I joined the Church after considerable study of events, past and present by 1975 ,as Spencer W Kimball was Prophet, and I felt confident that I knew all that was important. It was Ezra Taft Benson who shattered that illusion as he said the entire church had been under condemnation since the days of Joseph Smith. I quickly did a search and found those words to be true, which led to finding more of church history that I had not heard of before.
I often see others demanding to see proof of a quote, which I see Prophets have answered long with these words. Anyone needing to be commanded in all things is indeed a slothful servant.
The goal posts have been moved which identify where truth can be found. Try reading D&C 123 where you find a commandment, "WASTE AND WEAR OUT YOUR LIVES" I only heard once in a Priesthood class taught by a humble man who had his spirit crushed by jealousy at work. He left the Oregon cost and moved to Virginia coast to work in the same industry with out jealousy as he had advanced by his education and drive to succeed over others.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

There is a reason that militias are no longer public or accept new members.

Advertise any event such as prepping or surviving the onslaught and the first person to attend is an undercover FBI. The next couple to attend are other spies. They are friendly and know some of the people and take incredibly good notes and hidden video. Some might even already know quite a bit about you, having lurked on a forum, or such. These people are evil and dangerous.

If you need information, then seek out the people that have it. Do not attend a meeting where your vehicle will acquire a tracking device.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Fred wrote: August 27th, 2021, 4:05 am There is a reason that militias are no longer public or accept new members.

Advertise any event such as prepping or surviving the onslaught and the first person to attend is an undercover FBI. The next couple to attend are other spies. They are friendly and know some of the people and take incredibly good notes and hidden video. Some might even already know quite a bit about you, having lurked on a forum, or such. These people are evil and dangerous.

If you need information, then seek out the people that have it. Do not attend a meeting where your vehicle will acquire a tracking device.
If that's true, how do we talk to each other? code?

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

Fred wrote: August 27th, 2021, 4:05 am There is a reason that militias are no longer public or accept new members.

I stopped having open meetings like this on my property years ago for this exact reason. I had suspicious people like this start showing up.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

James Paul wrote: August 27th, 2021, 12:55 am We have been reminded for decades that "the truth shall set us free," the problem is most expect that truth to appear CURRENTLY and that is simply not the way the Lord works. I joined the Church after considerable study of events, past and present by 1975 ,as Spencer W Kimball was Prophet, and I felt confident that I knew all that was important. It was Ezra Taft Benson who shattered that illusion as he said the entire church had been under condemnation since the days of Joseph Smith. I quickly did a search and found those words to be true, which led to finding more of church history that I had not heard of before.
I often see others demanding to see proof of a quote, which I see Prophets have answered long with these words. Anyone needing to be commanded in all things is indeed a slothful servant.
The goal posts have been moved which identify where truth can be found. Try reading D&C 123 where you find a commandment, "WASTE AND WEAR OUT YOUR LIVES" I only heard once in a Priesthood class taught by a humble man who had his spirit crushed by jealousy at work. He left the Oregon cost and moved to Virginia coast to work in the same industry with out jealousy as he had advanced by his education and drive to succeed over others.
Mike posting his story was a huge milestone in mapping out exactly where and when deceptions began to creep in, and creep in they did. Awhile back someone referred to this as the church going off a cliff. CHii search.php?keywords=cliff+hypothesis; begins with a KWii and ends with a search URL for those wishing to detect the many deceptions that include our Kirtland Temple Downgrade. The deception continues to crumble ...

Edit to add: Weird deal is the power bumped a few seconds after I hit the submit button. 57ii is another KWii with 572957 being an early inclusion. 5:57 is when said power bump occurred, and may be related to said Mike currently requesting a flashlight. :lol:

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

BroJones wrote: August 27th, 2021, 7:42 am

If that's true, how do we talk to each other? code?
think in terms of "meatspace" : your local neighbors. Real people that you see and talk to and know where they live and they have the same friends / kids go to the same schools / etc. An online group with folks from all over the country / world / etc. is not going to find dry firewood for you.

Even your online searches are being tracked. your phone is listening to you, and almost all modern smart phones (except a few linux phones like the pinephone) can be turned on remotely and the mic and camera enabled without alerting you. They come that way from the factory, lol. Yes really. look up "Vault 7" - it will scare you to death once you know. Unless you have been religiously using an old nokia flip phone, you are on a list. I worked for Qwest during the olympics in SLC, right after 9/11 - you wouldn't believe the telecom circuits I installed. Imagine how they've "improved" their abilities in 20 years....

A few things you can do: use encrypted apps like Briar or qTox (or uTox - there's lots of varieties) - these are good for texting or making encrypted calls - the call is encrypted before it leaves your phone. If you meet in person, turn off the phones, remove the batteries, leave them in the car. go for a walk in the woods. if you need to send someone a link online, avoid MitM attacks by using services like https://1ty.me/ . For situations where whole services are shutdown like FB or twitter which are centralized, you can use decentralized services like Diaspora or Mastodon or Frendica. Mesh networks like Manyverse / Scuttlebutt, Zeronet or Retroshare don't even need a server at all - you connect directly to your peeps as long as you have a connection. You shouldn't wait until SHTF to get these protocols in place, you should use them now.

4Joshua8
captain of 1,000

Post by 4Joshua8 »

How many “yes” for it to be on?

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

4Joshua8 wrote: August 27th, 2021, 8:28 am
It's on. Even one person might have been enough. I need to figure out where and when to do it. I'm thinking either Murray or Lehi, but I haven't looked up libraries or anything yet.

4Joshua8
captain of 1,000

Post by 4Joshua8 »

harakim wrote: August 27th, 2021, 9:04 am
Probably just 1. I need to figure out where and when to do it. I'm thinking either Murray or Lehi, but I haven't looked up libraries or anything yet.
Have you considered a park pavilion? No comfortable seats, though.
Lots of parks around there, and the weather is often absolutely beautiful until around the end of October.
Heritage Park in Cedar Hills, for example, has several weekends available in September.
https://www.cedarhills.org/parks-trails/

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

4Joshua8 wrote: August 27th, 2021, 9:11 am
Probably just 1. I need to figure out where and when to do it. I'm thinking either Murray or Lehi, but I haven't looked up libraries or anything yet.
Lots of parks around there, and the weather is often absolutely beautiful until around the end of October.
Heritage Park in Cedar Hills, for example, has several weekends available in September.
After my last post, I specifically thought about parks and park pavillions, actually.

4Joshua8
captain of 1,000

Post by 4Joshua8 »

harakim wrote: August 27th, 2021, 11:02 am
4Joshua8 wrote: August 27th, 2021, 9:11 am

After my last post, I specifically thought about parks and park pavillions, actually.
I guess we'd just have to hope the wildfire smoke isn't too bad. It's been better lately.

Willow
captain of 100

Post by Willow »

Chip wrote: August 26th, 2021, 11:51 pm Where people meet to unite in Christ and truth, Christ will be there.

I learned about LDSFF from such a meeting. My wife and I went to several of them. My wife called them "end of the world meetings". Nice people were there.

I remember one couple who were talking about how when some plague would come, they would have to be ready to push their children out of the tent, in case the children became infected, in order to keep themselves safe so that they could live to build Zion. That's how dedicated to The Lord they were. Weirdos.
Wow, amazing how close that was to real life. It just wasn’t the children pushed out, but the parents. Weirdos is right.

Willow

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Willow wrote: August 27th, 2021, 3:14 pm
Chip wrote: August 26th, 2021, 11:51 pm Where people meet to unite in Christ and truth, Christ will be there.

Wow, amazing how close that was to real life. It just wasn’t the children pushed out, but the parents. Weirdos is right.

Willow
Are you alluding to your own children kicking you out, after they were brainwashed about covid?

Prana
captain of 100

Post by Prana »

A couple of child and spouse murderers are sitting in Idaho prison right now who shared the very same mindset.